Tiger Woods Injured in Crash

Unfortunately Tiger’s got a long and difficult road ahead, even to get back to normal for the general population, let alone perform at the elite level. 

Shattered ankle potentially has some really difficult healing, as blood supply issues can relay cause some problems. Add a compound fracture and the probability of it being bilateral, it all adds up to a long and arduous rehabilitation, even if everything heals well.

Undoubtedly Tiger will have the best possible surgeons and rehab team available, but even with that it’s going to be tough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again, let's not speculate on the cause. This isn't about protecting Tiger. It's because we don't know; right now, we can't know, so by definition, we'll be arguing with absolutely no ability to

On Get Up this morning, Wojo, had spoken to a couple orthopedic surgeons who read the statement from the Chief Medical Officer on Tigers injuries.  The compared it to not unlike Alex Smith's injury in

Literally, it's my job. I moderate.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Who is the guy and what did he say? 

he’s an LA area sports journalist that they had on. 

despite the sheriff’s department reporting no signs of impairment several times, this guy was on the air saying “well it’s inconceivable that this crash could happen. it was a clear, dry morning. cars don’t just flip off the road. just because they said no signs doesn’t rule out everything” 

he was just going out of his way to really tell the story of DUI no matter what was being reported by the police. 

i thought it was a really bad look for the golf channel 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

13 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

he’s an LA area sports journalist that they had on. 

despite the sheriff’s department reporting no signs of impairment several times, this guy was on the air saying “well it’s inconceivable that this crash could happen. it was a clear, dry morning. cars don’t just flip off the road. just because they said no signs doesn’t rule out everything” 

he was just going out of his way to really tell the story of DUI no matter what was being reported by the police. 

i thought it was a really bad look for the golf channel 

I believe he was the one that also stated that because Tiger is in the public eye “We have the RIGHT to know” when talking about the details about the crash.  

• Like 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I believe he was the one that also stated that because Tiger is in the public eye “We have the RIGHT to know” when talking about the details about the crash.  

correct! i knew i was forgetting some other gust of hot air that came out of his mouth. 

he went on, ad nauseam, that we have a right to answers because of tigers history and his stature. 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Everyone is on a need to know basis. Hate that right to information mentality. It doesn’t affect you directly you don’t need to know lol

• Like 6

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Saw the statement from Tiger's team this morning - that he's awake and recovering from surgery. 

Also, stumbled across this article and have to say, I agree wholeheartedly. 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/tiger-woods-survives-car-crash

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

5 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Unfortunately Tiger’s got a long and difficult road ahead, even to get back to normal for the general population, let alone perform at the elite level. 

Shattered ankle potentially has some really difficult healing, as blood supply issues can relay cause some problems. Add a compound fracture and the probability of it being bilateral, it all adds up to a long and arduous rehabilitation, even if everything heals well.

Undoubtedly Tiger will have the best possible surgeons and rehab team available, but even with that it’s going to be tough.

Your comments and the previous post from TW's Team paints a pretty grim picture with respect to him ever being able to compete as he has in tour level golf again.  But, I will say that if anyone can climb this mountain and surprise us once again, it will be Tiger.  Keep in mind what Ben Hogan did... glass half full.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

On Get Up this morning, Wojo, had spoken to a couple orthopedic surgeons who read the statement from the Chief Medical Officer on Tigers injuries.  The compared it to not unlike Alex Smith's injury in the way that infection from the bones that broke the skin were among the major concerns.  

We don't know if the actual injuries and surgeries are similar, but if Alex Smith can come back and have Aaron Donald jump on his back for a piggy back ride and go on to play reasonably well.  Maybe Tiger will make it all the way back.  But that appears a long way off and certainly not the top priority right now.

Being a Cowboys fan, I have no love for the Washington Football team, however I prayed for Alex Smith, he is a great guy and did not deserver to have his careers end like that, I am glad he was able to come back this past season, and I hope that he can make an impact on the game going forward.

I am praying the same way for Tiger, I know a lot of people do not like him as a man, nor a golfer, however I do still hope to see him back at the course playing at a high level.

• Like 3

Cut Draw Giveaways

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I too read the description of the injury and surgery and thought immediately of Alex Smith.  Smith required something like 18 months to be cleared to practice football, but his injury was significantly delayed by infection in his leg.  I heard a doctor on some radio show this morning (it might have been Breed's show on Sirius) who said that although infection is a significant concern in injuries like this, it still occurs relatively rarely.  So I will remain guardedly hopeful that Tiger doesn't experience this type of complication.  Even without any complications, between the leg AND the injuries to foot and ankle, it will be a long difficult recovery.  At this stage, my hope is that he can one day walk fairly normally.  Maybe in 6 months or so I'll start to hope for his return to golf.

Edited by DaveP043
  • Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It is amazing how much Tiger's self-destructive behavior and decisions over so many years has cost him. Yet he has made great comebacks before. This would be a tremendous part of his story if he could come back from this to win again.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Once again, let's not speculate on the cause. This isn't about protecting Tiger. It's because we don't know; right now, we can't know, so by definition, we'll be arguing with absolutely no ability to resolve the argument. It's a recipe for strife without resolution on the Forum. There are plenty of places to post your speculations; this won't be one of them.

Why do you always have to be so reasonable?

• Like 5

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

This tread on twitter might offer a little more insight on what his injuries are:

• Like 7

Cut Draw Giveaways

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

5 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Being a Cowboys fan, I have no love for the Washington Football team, however I prayed for Alex Smith, he is a great guy and did not deserver to have his careers end like that, I am glad he was able to come back this past season, and I hope that he can make an impact on the game going forward.

I am praying the same way for Tiger, I know a lot of people do not like him as a man, nor a golfer, however I do still hope to see him back at the course playing at a high level.

I don't know if there was a football fan anywhere regardless of favorite team, that wasn't rooting for Alex Smith to have a successful comeback.  He truly is one of the classiest guys in the league and I was so happy for him to be able to get back on the field.   

Let's hope Tiger has the same sort of success. 

31 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

This tread on twitter might offer a little more insight on what his injuries are:

I saw that on Twitter earlier.  Just a tremendous amount of good information.   He seems to be thinking positively that Tiger can make it back.  Seems like more depends on the ankle than the leg.  

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I'm not a Twitter-er, so this may be old news to many of you, but I found this to be really cool (St. Andrews).

• Like 7
  • Love 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I saw that on Twitter earlier.  Just a tremendous amount of good information.   He seems to be thinking positively that Tiger can make it back.  Seems like more depends on the ankle than the leg.  
If anyone has the mental fortitude to come back from something like this, it's Tiger.

But if this is truly the end, I'm grateful that I got to live through and witness him at his best. He changed golf forever and I think we're all better for having had him in our sport.

He's got a long road to recovery ahead of him whether he hits a competitive golf shot again or not. I can't help but feel for his kids. So much of their childhoods have been seeing their Father dealing with major injuries. I can't imagine what they're going through right now to have this happen so soon after yet another back surgery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2