Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

29 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

Just got back from nearly 3 weeks away and unable to play golf, so I turned on my X5 to check for course updates & charge the watch. I was surprised with a firmware update, ver 2.2.0. Anyone have any info on it??

Yes. On July 22 Shotscope announced an update for “rain mode” (still nothing about shower mode 😜) and dual greens. You may have received an email about it. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

5 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

Yes. On July 22 Shotscope announced an update for “rain mode” (still nothing about shower mode 😜) and dual greens. You may have received an email about it. 

Thank you! I did get way behind on emails, but I don't remember one from SS. I'll have to dig through my deleted folder find it. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I thought "color themes" was also supposed to be part of this update. Maybe that will still come.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

15 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

15 hours ago, MIGregB said:

Thank you! I did get way behind on emails, but I don't remember one from SS. I'll have to dig through my deleted folder find it. 

Found it!! I rushed through accumulated emails when I got back and it didn't register that the title "Rain mode and dual greens available X5" was a firmware update. Not sure what I thought it could have been since those functions were not currently on the X5, but I just blew past the email. Coincidentally enough, I'll probably get my 1st opportunity to test out the rain mode this afternoon. Seems we've pissed off ol' man weather somehow as there's only been one or two Tuesdays this entire year where rain wasn't in the forecast in mid-Michigan, and today's no exception. Thanks again!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

I thought "color themes" was also supposed to be part of this update. Maybe that will still come.

What are color themes? 

Well something weird happened halfway through my round this past Friday. As I was making the turn and selecting the next 9 (we have 3 - 9 hole courses) I got a blank screen on my X5. Thinking I didn't completely charge my watch - I tried charging it in my cart. Nothing - just a blue screen (resembling Microsoft's blue screen of death). Went on to play without it and when I got home I went to charge it - still nothing. Then I went to reset my watch using the crown and nothing happened. I tried again - and held the crown down for about 15 sec and the screen came back up. The X5 worked just fine on gps for Saturday's scramble and Monday's round (GPS/tracking). SS could see my front 9 (before it died) and that it still had 68% power.  I'm not sure what I did - but I was trying to select the proper back 9 as I was driving the cart - so probably operator error. As to why it didn't turn on - the only thing I could figure is that I didn't hold the crown down long enough for the X5 to reset. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

What are color themes? 

With the V5, when introduced, you can select the color of the text from among 5 choices. That was supposed to be added to the X5

On 7/30/2024 at 7:53 AM, MIGregB said:

....Coincidentally enough, I'll probably get my 1st opportunity to test out the rain mode this afternoon....

I did get a chance to/had to try out the rain mode yesterday. It's not the easiest thing to navigate to once rain starts because, well... the watch face isn't responsive in the rain. But all shots recorded properly. Since it was my 1st time using the feature, I was fumbling around trying to find the trigger, but that'll get better over time. On second thought, I hope it NEVER gets better over time since that means that I have to use it a lot!!!

Also, I'm cautiously optimistic that battery life has been improved with this update, even if it's indirectly. Since there were lots of storm clouds in the area and it was generally overcast on the heavily wooded course (Huron Breeze in Au Gres for those who know the area), I was expecting the battery to be around 50% for the 9 holes where it has often been under such conditions. But after the update, the battery was at 67%. Maybe there was just general GPS signal capture improvement (I made up that function 😄) because where it often took up to several minutes to find the course, it was only seconds yesterday, and that was on a factory reset watch with new firmware. I'm playing 18 tomorrow at a course 35 miles away from the last one and I'll report back on how everything goes. Hopefully I WON'T have to test out the rain mode again!!

@MIGregB, no improvement on battery life - at least for me. I ended yesterday's round with 44% which is roughly what's its been +/- a few percentage points. While more battery life would be a 'nice to have' I always end up plugging my X5 in after round. BTW the X5 was working fine yesterday so the blue screen glitch had to be operator error. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@MIGregB, no improvement on battery life - at least for me. I ended yesterday's round with 44% which is roughly what's its been +/- a few percentage points. While more battery life would be a 'nice to have' I always end up plugging my X5 in after round. BTW the X5 was working fine yesterday so the blue screen glitch had to be operator error. 

I did play again yesterday and have to agree, battery life isn't better, at least in any substantial way. But the GPS lock has been the best I've ever experienced... well, with 2 different courses after a factory reset anyway. I'll be back at my league course on Tuesday, and then some other course, TBD, on Thursday. I'm anxious to see it the fast-lock continues. Thanks!

My battery after a round usually ranges from high 20s to mid 40s too. I have noticed the GPS lock has been much quicker, sometimes less than 5 seconds. One other thing that cropped up is on a number of holes, the watch ended the hole while I was on the green without any confirmation for number of putts or score and moved on to the next hole. Support explained that this is a feature..."it will auto move on (as a measure to help people who forget to enter pin collect to move onto the next hole)"

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, marktama said:

My battery after a round usually ranges from high 20s to mid 40s too. I have noticed the GPS lock has been much quicker, sometimes less than 5 seconds. One other thing that cropped up is on a number of holes, the watch ended the hole while I was on the green without any confirmation for number of putts or score and moved on to the next hole. Support explained that this is a feature..."it will auto move on (as a measure to help people who forget to enter pin collect to move onto the next hole)"

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

When that has happened on rare instances for me, I change it to the hole I was actually on and the Pin Collect screen then shows so you can enter the correct number of putts.

I found another subtle improvement in the latest update. As mentioned, many times in the past we have 3- 9's, two of which start fairly close to one another, the third is about a mile away. In the past, at either #1 or at the turn I would have to scroll through all of the courses (I've got about 6 courses ) on my X5 to select the proper one. Now the correct 9 is at the top of the list when I get to the first Tee. Also, yesterday I ended up with 65% at the end of 18. Our 3some played fast - 3 hours and 15 minutes - that probably helped.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I think Shot Scope is really nailing down consistency. After 3 rounds in the GPS & Track mode (no scoring), it hasn't missed a shot. I still need to find better a "process", though, that doesn't unnecessarily tag a club when I'm off to the side taking warm-up swings. The best example is that our league has a few young guys that play from longer tees, but I'm up next from shorter tees. To help prepare for my shot and speed things up, I swing off to the side of the longer tees, but SS tags that warm-up swing as real. Easy to correct post round, but the specific spot on the correct tee box is often difficult to choose due to shadowing on the overhead view when editing. Anyway, it's just a minor issue. 

16 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I think Shot Scope is really nailing down consistency. After 3 rounds in the GPS & Track mode (no scoring), it hasn't missed a shot. I still need to find better a "process", though, that doesn't unnecessarily tag a club when I'm off to the side taking warm-up swings. The best example is that our league has a few young guys that play from longer tees, but I'm up next from shorter tees. To help prepare for my shot and speed things up, I swing off to the side of the longer tees, but SS tags that warm-up swing as real. Easy to correct post round, but the specific spot on the correct tee box is often difficult to choose due to shadowing on the overhead view when editing. Anyway, it's just a minor issue. 

Are you warming up with the club you will be teeing off with? How far from where you tee off are you when you are warming up? You can always use the "Pause" function if it is happening too often.

20 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

You can always use the "Pause" function if it is happening too often.

Great tip - I forgot all about that feature

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Great tip - I forgot all about that feature

I would think that if you are only 5 yards or so from the tee, what you are doing would be accounted for as a practice swing.

30 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Are you warming up with the club you will be teeing off with? How far from where you tee off are you when you are warming up? You can always use the "Pause" function if it is happening too often.

Yes, and about 15 yards in this case. I have used the pause function on occasion, but I find that I get distracted and sometimes forget to un-pause it (OTD). Probably still the best way to go.

Thanks!

Edited by MIGregB

1 minute ago, MIGregB said:

and sometimes forget to un-pause it (

I have only had occasion to use it before teeing off on the first hole, and I, too, on occasion have forgotten to unpause it until I get to my second shot. I have found that Shot Scope adds my tee shot, but not necessarily from where I took it.

Anyone have a spare putter tag (or do you just update post round)? My screw tag broke off with the screw left behind in my grip.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

12 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Anyone have a spare putter tag (or do you just update post round)? My screw tag broke off with the screw left behind in my grip.

You could just change to manual putting.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

15 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I don't but I just got an email from Shotscope on a discount for accessories. I'll typically buy for extra putter sensors since I tend to change out my putter grip frequently. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, MattF said:

You could just change to manual putting

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I don't but I just got an email from Shotscope on a discount for accessories. I'll typically buy for extra putter sensors since I tend to change out my putter grip frequently. 

Thanks guys. Just got a message from support. They are going to send me one since it broke. Great CS!

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Looking for some help please.  I’ve been a X5 user for two seasons and overall like the watch. I don’t use the watch to its fullest extent, however, because I can’t seem to master the button press, scroll, or touchscreen. But today my watch got stuck in a way that I just tossed it in my bag for the entire round. 

Long story short on my second or maybe third shot my wrist somehow managed to hold the power button down long enough to force a reset. Not a huge deal. I figured I’d wait for the countdown and just get the watch going on the next hole. Well the countdown froze at 1s and no amount of button pushing could get the watch going again. So I tossed it in the bag for the round. 

Would appreciate any thoughts on what happened or how to prevent this. Thanks in advance. 

11 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

Did you try holding the crown button down until the watch turned off?  https://x5support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/13571493262865-Can-you-reset-the-device-if-the-screen-freezes

Perhaps wearing the watch higher on your arm might help avoid inadvertent button depressing?

Looking for some help please.  I’ve been a X5 user for two seasons and overall like the watch. I don’t use the watch to its fullest extent, however, because I can’t seem to master the button press, scroll, or touchscreen. But today my watch got stuck in a way that I just tossed it in my bag for the entire round. 

Long story short on my second or maybe third shot my wrist somehow managed to hold the power button down long enough to force a reset. Not a huge deal. I figured I’d wait for the countdown and just get the watch going on the next hole. Well the countdown froze at 1s and no amount of button pushing could get the watch going again. So I tossed it in the bag for the round. 

Would appreciate any thoughts on what happened or how to prevent this. Thanks in advance. 

@Vegan_Golfer_PNW I finally bit the bullet and ditched my putter tag. It was a little challenging to remember to mark each putt, but I found that I had to make far fewer adjustments when editing the round afterward.

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

@Vegan_Golfer_PNW I finally bit the bullet and ditched my putter tag. It was a little challenging to remember to mark each putt, but I found that I had to make far fewer adjustments when editing the round afterward.

While my tag is coming, I agree. Manual mode appears to be much better for me

My Reviews:

Wouldn't it be a great feature if SS automatically made course updates to any courses in your device registry?  I just added some courses on the Robert Trent Jones Trail for a trip coming up in October, and there were about 40 updates available on other courses.  I did some of them for courses in the area but it seems odd they don't just automatically update.  I mean who wants outdated info? 🤔

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 8/9/2024 at 8:14 PM, Hacker60521 said:

Any updates on your issue?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

37 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Any updates on your issue?

There were some suggestions to reset the watch, power cycle, etc. I also learned that “many” others have had a similar issue with their wrists somehow messing up the power button. Shotscope’s suggestion is to wear the watch higher up on my wrist. Interestingly, when I pulled my watch out of my bag a couple of days later it had completed its own power cycle. That said, I’m going to continue to try using the watch and see if I can somehow avoid this power button issue.