Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

On 6/17/2024 at 3:11 PM, NM01 said:

99% of the time when he opens his mouth he is isn’t saying anything and acting like he’s taking some stance and then as we see with liv when he finds out nobody likes him he changes his tune in hopes of getting liked and maybe an offer.

He should have done like Tiger, Jordan and others and stick to just playing and keeping quiet on most subjects. His actions yesterday aren’t new and it just proves who he really is and has been

Agree 150%

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

Since I have come back active on here, I will add my .02 FWIW.

Yesterday with all the rain and stuff I had time to review this thread. From what I have read it is pretty much civil compared to where I have been which is SOP for this site. I will commend staff on the "ground rule" posting and on the way they presented it.

Golf is the only sport I keep up with. Being born and raised in the South I do not even keep up with NASCAR anymore.

I keep up with ALL golf ALL tours. As far as LIV I watch it too because I like a lot of the players. I guess I am agnostic as far as "where the money supposedly comes from" Like someone else said and I said it all along if you trace money back on most any big company these days you can find skeletons in the closet.

A good restful Sunday afternoon for me is when there are 3 different tours going on 3 different networks at the same time. I will split screen it or jump from channel to channel. Yeah to put it lightly I am a golf fan

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

• 2 weeks later...

With the announcement of the PGATour's 2025 schedule, I am of the opinion that the Tour with the flush of new monies and sponsors firmly believes that they are in the cat bird seat as to the negotiations and therefore right now, unless something dramatic takes place, these negotiations are dead in the water. Spieth kind of let the cat out of the bag when he earlier spoke about not needing the Saudi money.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

Well, the word on the street, according to a prominent analyst using an un-named source, is that Rahm is looking to break his LIV contract, return all the ill-gotten booty, and crawl on hands and knees to Jay and the players committee. 

If anyone see the over/under on this, please share.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, the word on the street, according to a prominent analyst using an un-named source, is that Rahm is looking to break his LIV contract, return all the ill-gotten booty, and crawl on hands and knees to Jay and the players committee. 

Not sure if Rahm wants that, or at least give the loot back.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

During the rain delay at LIV Golf Greenbrier, the aforementioned quote from 'Veteran Tour Insider' was shown to Rahm by podcaster Jay Aaron, who also goes by the X username, "Pro Golf Critic". In response to the tweet, the Spanish golfer said,

"Yea thats why I can’t stop smiling out here. They just make sh** up. Couldn’t be further from the truth," Rahm said.

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Well, don't tell me, tell Jaime Diaz and his insider source.  I purposely did not use the sarcasm emoji... figured it came through pretty clear 😆.

4 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

During the rain delay at LIV Golf Greenbrier, the aforementioned quote from 'Veteran Tour Insider' was shown to Rahm by podcaster Jay Aaron, who also goes by the X username, "Pro Golf Critic". In response to the tweet, the Spanish golfer said,

"Yea thats why I can’t stop smiling out here. They just make sh** up. Couldn’t be further from the truth," Rahm said.

That sounds more like the truth.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 minutes ago, Rickp said:

... I don't know who was in Rahms ear talking him into making the jump, but he seemed to regret it almost immediately. I was shocked as he seemed like his golf legacy was more important than just cash and he had to know there was a chance he wouldn't be playing Ryder Cups and potentially missing some Majors. But with today's social media we don't really know anything til we hear it right from the source. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

3 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

My Race team shares a sponsor with him. They apparently golf with him when he's home in Scottsdale and they've never heard him have a regret. 

600,000,000 reasons why that is likely the case.

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

600,000,000 reasons why that is likely the case.

Not a bad reason.  Financial security for family is a big incentive.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

But with today's social media we don't really know anything til we hear it right from the source. 

Not sure we even know that the information we hear from the source is true;  players have said they are not going and then shortly thereafter they make the switch.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Not a bad reason.  Financial security for family is a big incentive.  

Yes it is.  At least Dustin Johnson was crystal clear on why he chose LIV.  Some others may have been as well... dunno.  I still hope we see these players back playing some of the PGAT events and perhaps some PGAT players trying out a LIV event or two. 

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

Not sure we even know that the information we hear from the source is true;  players have said they are not going and then shortly thereafter they make the switch.  

Well this day and time you can not believe anything you hear from "press" whether it is golf or real life. Social Media anyone can post anything. I have taken a wait and see attitude on everything

G

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes it is.  At least Dustin Johnson was crystal clear on why he chose LIV.  Some others may have been as well... dunno.  I still hope we see these players back playing some of the PGAT events and perhaps some PGAT players trying out a LIV event or two. 

So was HVIII. I do not know him but knew his grandfather. And they were a typical poor family growing up in Gastonia NC. His Grandfather worked the bag drop at Gaston Country Club for years. He stated all along he wanted to provide finical security for his family now and in the future. He also does a lot of good for the youth in Gaston County NC through his foundation.

In reality even though all of them are public figures it is not any of my business why the chose to go there.

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

So was HVIII. I do not know him but knew his grandfather. And they were a typical poor family growing up in Gastonia NC. His Grandfather worked the bag drop at Gaston Country Club for years. He stated all along he wanted to provide finical security for his family now and in the future. He also does a lot of good for the youth in Gaston County NC through his foundation.

In reality even though all of them are public figures it is not any of my business why the chose to go there.

Yup, HVIII was up front and said he couldn’t refuse the money.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Well this day and time you can not believe anything you hear from "press" whether it is golf or real life. Social Media anyone can post anything. I have taken a wait and see attitude on everything

I was referring to the individual themselves.  One day they say/do one thing and the next they say/do something else.     

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't really watch any golf now outside of the majors - regardless of the tours but this popped up on my feed and made me laugh.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-2024-tv-ratings-greenbrier-brooks-koepka-jon-rahm-pickleball

I know that these numbers don't tell the whole story and there is streaming etc to consider. However these should be more eyes watching this now no?

The in person experience from many seems great, but maybe golf just doesnt have the same pull and we are more conditioned to watching YouTube golf?

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don't really watch any golf now outside of the majors - regardless of the tours but this popped up on my feed and made me laugh.

... To be fair It wasn't just a pickleball match, it was the Bristol Open.  🫣

1576072938772.jpg.54b45f99f4cc11fa14a648ff00f9bcc0.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-2024-tv-ratings-greenbrier-brooks-koepka-jon-rahm-pickleball

I know that these numbers don't tell the whole story and there is streaming etc to consider. However these should be more eyes watching this now no?

The in person experience from many seems great, but maybe golf just doesnt have the same pull and we are more conditioned to watching YouTube golf?

very interesting, we talk about "it's all about eyeballs" well it seems there are not many eyeballs watching LIV... 

committed to performance excellence

Hilarious…a routine pro pickleball tournament broadcast has more viewers than the LIV finale. 🤣

https://pickleball.com/industry/pickleball-on-fox-outperforms-liv-golf-on-cw-by-notable-margin-on-championship-sunday

IMG_3023.jpeg

Edited by Middler
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 001 F (mesh), Payntr X 005 F, Ecco Biom C4

I just read, "According to LIV officials, all team prize money in events 1-13 goes to the teams, not the individuals within those teams."

What does that mean?  A credit entry on some PIF ledger?  The teams aren't actual entities, are they?

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

4 hours ago, mardukes said:

I just read, "According to LIV officials, all team prize money in events 1-13 goes to the teams, not the individuals within those teams."

What does that mean?  A credit entry on some PIF ledger?  The teams aren't actual entities, are they?

Not sure about that but here is the current standings of the players which includes single and team play earnings for the season.  Even Anthony Kim will be able to pay rent and eat well.  Wade Ormsby and Ben Campbell might have to start sharing a room 😆.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/liv-golf-money-list-how-much-every-player-has-earned-in-2024

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not sure about that but here is the current standings of the players which includes single and team play earnings for the season.  Even Anthony Kim will be able to pay rent and eat well.  Wade Ormsby and Ben Campbell might have to start sharing a room 😆.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/liv-golf-money-list-how-much-every-player-has-earned-in-2024

Thanks, interesting chart.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Thanks, interesting chart.  

Here's one that shows current and prior years.  It also breaks down individual LIV, majors, and LIV team earnings.  Presuming they also get an annual base salary from the contract amount (seems no one knows how that works), that's enough money to make Dire Straits jealous.  I mean we do know they're getting money for nothing, but are the chicks still free? 😊

https://www.spotrac.com/liv/rankings/year/_/year/2024

Listening to Monohan's monotonous presser I am of the opinion that there will be no deal with PIF, now or in the future, and the "war" of golf tours will be in full bloom come 2025.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

• 3 weeks later...