Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

That putt of Johnson’s was absolutely amazing. 1” either way and it would have lipped out 10’ away. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

It might be the highest I've ever seen a ball bounce into the air and still go in.  He had the line,  but yeah,  his pace was about 10' too much.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

10 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Event 4, Final round... was fun golf to watch. Smith was on fire, Westwood flirted with a 60 and DJ wins with an eagle on the first playoff hole. Feel for Lahiri missing that putt at the end of regulation for the win.

Yeah really enjoyed the finish and westy still can play, the PGA I think has some serious competition like or hate it. And the telecast is FREE but for how long...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

8 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

That putt of Johnson’s was absolutely amazing. 1” either way and it would have lipped out 10’ away. 

Actually I think half inch would've been too much at that speed, perfect putting...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

18 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Professional golf isn’t about hero shots. Those are rare occurrences unless one is named Phil Mickelson and that type of shot has cost him wins.

Those types of shots are like bubba from pine straw, Spieth at The Open.

they are obviously fun which is why most amateurs try them more than they should.

The point is just because a guy like Matthews took an aggressive line and pulled it off. If he didn’t he wouldn’t be talked about. Lots of guys have distance doesn't make them automatically good pga tour players.

Cameron Champ is another example. Guy can pound the ball. Hast resulted in a great career. He’s ranked outside the top 125 and missed a bunch of cuts in his career. Iirc he’s missed at least 10 cuts in 3 of the last 4 years, which is close to 50% of the time.

I have cut down on the hero shots.... a lot! For one, I don't have the distance anymore. Two, I finally figured out I score better if I just put the ball back in play...lol.

My brother, on the other hand...... 😬

58 minutes ago, LICC said:

Maybe he's reacting to the rubbish from Rory an Co, I don't like Rory mouthing off at the Liv players with his holier than thou attitude. He is very lucky to be a billionaire so doesn't need any more money, I don't watch anything he's involved with and I used to watch everything he did. Karma...

51 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Maybe he's reacting to the rubbish from Rory an Co, I don't like Rory mouthing off at the Liv players with his holier than thou attitude. He is very lucky to be a billionaire so doesn't need any more money, I don't watch anything he's involved with and I used to watch everything he did. Karma...

Just read this, gaining traction...

IMG_20220909_131536.png

IMG_20220909_131600.png

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

What exactly has he said that you find problematic?

7 hours ago, LICC said:

What exactly has he said that you find problematic?

Saying some players shouldn't be playing at the BMW, did I miss the media reports saying Rory decides who can play where? 

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Saying some players shouldn't be playing at the BMW, did I miss the media reports saying Rory decides who can play where? 

He is correct. LIV players shouldn’t be playing an event of a Tour they are attacking. Rory should be commended for speaking up. 

with chamblee saying " liv makes me want to puke " 

and rory saying " hard to stomach " 

don't get in the same car with them .

everyone should watch the 3 min video on what jack n. said about liv 

put things in perspective  , i watched jack win the 1964 phoenix open , he made $7500 , at that time i made $5000 a yr workings on radar at a defence plant , so jack made 1.5x more than i did in a year , now days if someone makes $80000/yr and a pga player wins a tournament and makes $1.5mil  thats 18 times .

so just play the game , make the money no matter where or who you play for .

Edited by shootmyage

16 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Still a JA move....

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

with chamblee saying " liv makes me want to puke " 

and rory saying " hard to stomach " 

don't get in the same car with them .

everyone should watch the 3 min video on what jack n. said about liv 

put things in perspective  , i watched jack win the 1964 phoenix open , he made $7500 , at that time i made $5000 a yr workings on radar at a defence plant , so jack made 1.5x more than i did in a year , now days if someone makes $80000/yr and a pga player wins a tournament and makes $1.5mil  thats 18 times .

so just play the game , make the money no matter where or who you play for .

I do believe Jack is currently building a golf course in SA.

😅287268569_ScreenShot2022-09-09at4_09_16PM.png.c05be2d26b5b655018bafea95402570d.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

5 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

😅287268569_ScreenShot2022-09-09at4_09_16PM.png.c05be2d26b5b655018bafea95402570d.png

Well, first of all:  God Save the Queen and Long Live the King!

That said, Her Majesty's death has shortened the BMW Championship to 54 holes.  Oh the sweet irony.  Whatever will Rory do now? 😂

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

11 hours ago, LICC said:

He is correct. LIV players shouldn’t be playing an event of a Tour they are attacking. Rory should be commended for speaking up. 

We Liv in a world where we have freedom, don't we ?

5 hours ago, cleve981 said:

Still a JA move....

In life if that's the worst thing that happens in this world I'm really happy with that, I've thought alot about Rory and Co comments and I'm concerned they are damaging the Game of Golf!!!!!

That's going to turn the Golf watchers players off of golf, WHY you say? Rory made $18 million against the average Fan's YEARLY income $60 thousand, he's having a laugh saying oh poor me why are they going to Liv for more money... joke of the century..

I'm disappointed Jon Rahm has joined the Rory moaners, spoilt brats...

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

We Liv in a world where we have freedom, don't we ?

Please explain. Private entities are not required to allow their competitors who are trying to damage them to use their own venues to do so. I think you have a deep misunderstanding of “freedom”. 

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

In life if that's the worst thing that happens in this world I'm really happy with that, I've thought alot about Rory and Co comments and I'm concerned they are damaging the Game of Golf!!!!!

That's going to turn the Golf watchers players off of golf, WHY you say? Rory made $18 million against the average Fan's YEARLY income $60 thousand, he's having a laugh saying oh poor me why are they going to Liv for more money... joke of the century..

I'm disappointed Jon Rahm has joined the Rory moaners, spoilt brats...

still a JA move

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Please explain. Private entities are not required to allow their competitors who are trying to damage them to use their own venues to do so. I think you have a deep misunderstanding of “freedom”. 

So you're one eyed supporter, enjoy..

1 hour ago, cleve981 said:

still a JA move

Same..

Just saw Scheffler & Sergio & the wives chit chatting at the Texas - Alabama football game. It’s all made up drama & we’re the audience. 🤣

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

6 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Just saw Scheffler & Sergio & the wives chit chatting at the Texas - Alabama football game. It’s all made up drama & we’re the audience. 🤣

No surprise that...

This whole soap opera is getting old. Same stuff being spouted by both sides. Everyone is a victim. Let’s just watch some golf. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

12 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

This whole soap opera is getting old. Same stuff being spouted by both sides. Everyone is a victim. Let’s just watch some golf. 

I agree - I'm done with the whole discussion, I'm going to go watch A. Ewing hopefully win the Kroger Queen City Event. A lot more fun watching these ladies play their hearts out. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I agree - I'm done with the whole discussion, I'm going to go watch A. Ewing hopefully win the Kroger Queen City Event. A lot more fun watching these ladies play their hearts out. 

The ladies are my favorite players to watch at Golf and Rugby Union, woo hoo..

13 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

The ladies are my favorite players to watch at Golf and Rugby Union, woo hoo..

Ladies Rugby was great today!!  Never saw it B4.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list