Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

4 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

What did you see, local or international?

International I guess.  We were at the gym and I was on stationary bike and was flipping channels between Ladies Rugby and DP BMW.  
Nice win by Shane Lowry!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 9/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, PeterHenric said:

This whole soap opera is getting old. Same stuff being spouted by both sides. Everyone is a victim. Let’s just watch some golf. 

I have said that all along as in get the Pop Corn ready. Pretty good combination of a soap opera and court room Perry Mason / Law and Order drama. IMHO there is childness on both sides. A good example on Billy Ho this week. I like Billy Ho but he put his mouth in gear before enguaging his brain on the one comment about the other player. That other player in the past had not been eligle because not having enough OWGR points to qualify. Patrick Reed I do not like but he is correct he did support the DP Tour in the past maybe more than any other US born PGAT player. The Poulter thing was hilarious over the team logo. I do not really like him but he is correct because it is part of a company he owns. Restricting his logo would like be restricting like TM or Cobra because some of their sponsored players are LIV too.

Tuned in yesterday morning early and got a chuckle. After the DP Tour had did their thing on the Pro Am and telling the networks not to show LIV players who was leading but Patrick Reed. They did show him a little and showed Westy too. I laughed and wondered who at the network would be in the unemployment line Monday morning. Now the reruns early this AM they had cut those parts out and only showed the scoreboard one time with Reed leading. 

LOL in a nutshell I do not do politics per say even though I do my civic duty and vote for our elected officials. This whole thing reeks of 5th grade politics and of he said and he said. And the press on both sides keeps stirring the pot. I find the whole thing highly amusing. In a nutshell I like to watch good golf and never have cared what Tour a player plays and their Nationality. With that being said it was enjoyable to watch the Seniors and LPGA play without intonations and politics this weekend

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think this sums it up best.  The handful on here who have political axes to grind and simply feel the need to keep sharpening the edge whilst repeating their positions have become boring.  Worse, they continue to defy what the forum rules and mods have requested us not to do. 😏

If you can't engage in this topic without the politics, do the rest of us a favor and move on.  Some of us just want to follow this new tour like we do all the others.

image.png.e298b9f1cbf74aafe9c74caaef253f51.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think this sums it up best.  The handful on here who have political axes to grind and simply feel the need to keep sharpening the edge whilst repeating their positions have become boring.  Worse, they continue to defy what the forum rules and mods have requested us not to do. 😏

If you can't engage in this topic without the politics, do the rest of us a favor and move on.  Some of us just want to follow this new tour like we do all the others.

image.png.e298b9f1cbf74aafe9c74caaef253f51.png

Agreed, it's NOT just a game of golf to me. I've never been able to go have a hit and giggle at any sport or any endeavor I've participated in, I'm in to WIN to the absolute best I can at work or play. I will continue to watch everything sports etc on utube as sports (crap) in NZ is too expensive on pay TV, and as you've said some just like the politics...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

7 hours ago, BIG STU said:

The Poulter thing was hilarious over the team logo. I do not really like him but he is correct because it is part of a company he owns. Restricting his logo would like be restricting like TM or Cobra because some of their sponsored players are LIV too.

TM and Cobra are not competitor Tours that are attacking the PGA and DP Tours. That is a world of difference.

23 minutes ago, LICC said:

TM and Cobra are not competitor Tours that are attacking the PGA and DP Tours. That is a world of difference.

But their representives are.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Just seen this on Google, NO surprise to me..

IMG_20220913_083053.png

things to think about , pga tour has 4 top players that are weak links to go liv .

matsuyama 300mil and liv play one a year in japan -- rahm 300mil and play one a year in spain --hovland 200mil --cantley 200 mil .

for liv to improve its image  , give every place they have a event give the local charity 5 million 

11 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Just seen this on Google, NO surprise to me..

IMG_20220913_083053.png

This is how LIV remains relevant in the news with this drip of player hype. What happens when they get all the players they want/need and fill the field?

Their game is disruption which they have certainly done.

At this point for me I just don't really care if anyone goes or not. If someone does so be it, top 10 or not. LIV has done their job and disrupted golf and although I have tried to watch and enjoy their product I just don't and in the end they have really made me not want to watch any mens pro golf outside the majors.

Maybe it will change once the fantasy season starts up again, but for now good for LIV however I don't really care. The players there are playing for anything but cash and they are already rich beyond belief so it is a non starter for me. Maybe in 10 years when there is a history and feels like there is more then just cash on the line I'll have more incentive to watch. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m tired of the subject as well, and the endless repeats on this thread. But I’m still interested to see how OWGR, majors, sponsors and fans play out. The rest is trivia…I couldn’t care less what Greg or Phil do in golf anymore, haven’t watched at all beyond about 5 minutes in Portland, and don’t plan to.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This is how LIV remains relevant in the news with this drip of player hype. What happens when they get all the players they want/need and fill the field?

At this point for me I just don't really care if anyone goes or not. If someone does so be it, top 10 or not. LIV has done their job and disrupted golf and although I have tried to watch and enjoy their product I just don't and in the end they have really made me not want to watch any mens pro golf outside the majors.

Maybe it will change once the fantasy season starts up again, but for now good for LIV however I don't really care. The players there are playing for anything but cash and they are already rich beyond belief so it is a non starter for me. Maybe in 10 years when there is a history and feels like there is more then just cash on the line I'll have more incentive to watch. 

Disruption huh, then why has Rory and Co copied Liv with lots more money and smaller fields... ie 20 best players nah the PGA best tell Rory to shut up before too many fans find another sport, more players I talked with have said pro golfers make too much money not watching them complain...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 minute ago, Bang60 said:

Disruption huh, then why has Rory and Co copied Liv with lots more money and smaller fields... ie 20 best players nah the PGA best tell Rory to shut up before too many fans find another sport, more players I talked with have said pro golfers make too much money not watching them complain...

We are in different camps here and the whole topic is exhausting. I won't bother going into my points or views as it's more than okay to have varying opinions. Not likely to change opinions online.

I side with the PGA and DP world tours, others with LIV that's ok.

My point was more LIV kinda needs this drip of hype to stay relevant (i believe) once that stops it will be hard to keep the hype train up. Their viewership numbers already say enough about the longevity unless they do something bigger yet again.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

We could always throw in bifurcation to add a little spice to this discussion 🤣.

Stir the pot gif 10 » GIF Images Download

some people are tired of reading the posts about liv golf  ( not me , it is a liv golf thread ) , if it was a threat about people hating phil mickelson i would not read it .

people do know liv vs pga tour is the biggest golf news in a long time and it will be going on more and more as the pga tour improves the lives of their players and liv picks up more players  , as liv expands to more teams .

i am not crazy about liv picking up college golfers , very bad idea . getting puig will not help liv in no way .    

Edited by shootmyage

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If one notices LIV has already dropped some lesser known players that have not done anything impressive other than field filler because of the better known players coming in

G

13 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

If one notices LIV has already dropped some lesser known players that have not done anything impressive other than field filler because of the better known players coming in

No new PGA names added to the Chicago event (at least that I can see). With the playoffs and FedEx done, one would think any big exodus would be now.

I've not looked at the total cross-section of players and their prior tour origin, but suspect the majority of names moving forward will not be from the PGA Tour. More likely DP and KF; the KF being most troubling if they are able to siphon off the top tier talent.

Rumor is that another top-10 player is heading to LIV because they are annoyed with the PGA's proposed changes and the "Rory tour". 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour