Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Which was Tiger's beef long before Phil's.  The PGA paid lip service to both of them for years leading up to this and that continued right up to the point Phil chose his controversial path with public comments and move to LIV.  Imagine for a moment had Jay and staff brought these two in to discuss the new changes before Phil's signing. Does anyone not think this would have likely changed where we stand now?  It's my belief that, had they been able to keep Phil from signing, LIV is DOA. 

I know lots of folks here do not like Phil, but hell, even Chamblee acknowledges how huge a loss Phil is to the PGA Tour. If Jay had all these new, monetary rich, changes in hand during the lead up to LIV, why not pull Tiger, Phil, Rory, Speith, Thomas, etc. into a meeting to discuss and get input?  I'm not saying Phil might not have still have been lured away by the $200M, but I suspect not.  Jay has played this hand of cards really poorly IMO.

Stop fooling yourself. Phil was taking the money and joining LIV no matter what. 

2 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Another thing that I've really not enjoyed since the announcements of the new changes to how the PGA Tour will operate is all of the thinkpieces of how "Phil was right" and deserves to be "forgiven" for all he did. There is so much more to things than just being right. How you go about it also matters quite a lot. The ends don't always justify the means.

I agree with you on this. He could have handled this very differently and potentially saved his reputation. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 hours ago, Middler said:

Well said. For all those who’ve said the PGA blew it, they should have tried to work with LIV - how about the upstart new kid on the block try to find a way to work with the PGA? LIV has been nothing but adversarial from the start. And if the Saudis wanted to improve their reputation via sportswashing, maybe working WITH the PGA would have done more toward gaining acceptance than trying to destroy them. I have to believe Greg and Phil wanted to harm the PGA first and foremost, make a bunch of money for themselves and sportswashing was further down THEIR personal priorities (Phil has admitted same).

I remember headlines back when Greg was number one and before Jay was in the picture that he thought some change was needed, he got told where to go as in we don't want an Aussie telling us how to run golf go away.

Now some players are actually doing this, full circle huh...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

10 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I remember headlines back when Greg was number one and before Jay was in the picture that he thought some change was needed, he got told where to go as in we don't want an Aussie telling us how to run golf go away.

Now some players are actually doing this, full circle huh...

pga has 32 tpc  golf courses ( billions $$ ) in US , norman designed 2 in texas , anyone hear any bulldozers ripping them up  

14 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

I agree with you on this. He could have handled this very differently and potentially saved his reputation. 

i don't think phil has to be forgiven for anything  , the pga big shots did not like what he said but all the players should be thanking him , someday they will understand , like i said before in 20-30 years the only players that will be remembered will be--- bj-bh-ss- ap-jn-gp-lt-tw-pm , the rest will be --who ?

Edited by shootmyage

Cam Smith sounds like an idiot talking about LIV golfers not eating OWGR and worried about losing a chance to play in the majors when exemptions run out.

He should maybe read the up on how OWGR requirements for a tour and learn why they aren’t getting them.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

28 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cam Smith sounds like an idiot talking about LIV golfers not eating OWGR and worried about losing a chance to play in the majors when exemptions run out.

He should maybe read the up on how OWGR requirements for a tour and learn why they aren’t getting them.

I think the smartest thing the OWGR Board can do is wait the full year before deciding on ranking points for LIV, then award LIV events points on a much reduced number compared to standard Tour events. The 54 holes instead of 72 and the no-cut format are good for at least a 50% reduction. The limited field and even the shotgun start is good for another 10-20%. So award LIV events 30-35% the points of a standard Tour event. That would be low enough to mostly keep otherwise ineligible LIV players out of the majors, but it would likely hold up in a lawsuit.

Edited by LICC

On 8/30/2022 at 11:19 AM, revkev said:

I do agree here - to me another great change and a way to protect the so called "lesser" tour events would be to make them qualifiers for the top events.  Players 51-60 drop off the list after each big event and the top players in the inbetween tournaments get those spots.  It would be a move back towards how golf used to be prior to the "all exempt" tour.  I don't know about others but I love watching tournaments where guys are playing for their playing lives - I greatly prefer the first two playoff events to the last one - I couldn't get interested in the last one even though it was raining where I live and I could have watched - I made time to watch some of the two playoff events leading up to it and also the last event of the regular season.

PGA Tour "Big Break"... 😂

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Wonder how much money the Saudi's will throw at OWGR?

LIV officially applied for OWGR certification on July 6. But unless there is a sudden and dramatic change in OWGR rules, the earliest the league could start earning points is 2024. Even that timeline appears optimistic for multiple reasons. The first is that the OWGR takes around one to two years to process applications. The second is that LIV does not meet several criteria that the OWGR lists as mandatory to be considered, and all of those criteria would have to be in place for at least one year prior to the application being accepted.

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.38.06 PM.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

8 hours ago, shootmyage said:

pga has 32 tpc  golf courses ( billions $$ ) in US , norman designed 2 in texas , anyone hear any bulldozers ripping them up  

I'd not be surprised lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

to me there are 2 major golf tournaments , one is the us open ( usga ) the other is the pga championship .if the liv golfers are any good at all they could try and qualify for both ,  the open and augusta are another story as they are arms of the tour 

the pga tour and points mean nothing about getting in , if you are very good you can get in ..

2 hours ago, shootmyage said:

to me there are 2 major golf tournaments , one is the us open ( usga ) the other is the pga championship .if the liv golfers are any good at all they could try and qualify for both ,  the open and augusta are another story as they are arms of the tour 

the pga tour and points mean nothing about getting in , if you are very good you can get in ..

I love this guy ...

Hear me out. What if we are all being punked and all of this is a set-up for the biggest annual PPV event EVER? 

2093117434_ScreenShot2022-09-02at8_27_30AM.png.1eb4bcde06d126e38c6906459b6308f0.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

i  doubt it , the pga would not risk it ,the pga would have so much more to lose , where as liv would have nothing to lose , even if it's a close match  liv would be called the winner .  

i do think if the liv gets 4 or 5 players in the pga championship or us open it would be very interesting ., like before it would put a lot of pressure on the top pga tour players to not get beat by liv .

i think that's one of the reasons the tour does not want liv players in any tournament where the top pga players are in , what if 3 or 4 liv players beat 3 or 4 of the top pga players .

turn off the lights , party is over .

Edited by shootmyage

i love what varner 3's wife said about those bad mouthing her husband 

more liv wifes should speak out 

good grief it's not a nuke war , it's just a game .

as most of the members on this forum may know by now i like the liv tour as much as the pga tour, as liv had done so much to help the pga players than anything .

i would like to see on liv is a korea team .

one thing i don;t think i have not seen a active member of the lpga say something bad about liv , i guess they are waiting for the saudie's to throw a billion at them .

Edited by shootmyage

The rumored LIV schedule for next year. Not exactly a global set of venues- 10 of 14 events in the U.S., Canada and Mexico:

Feb 3-5 Florida (vs. Pebble Beach)
Feb 24-26 California (vs. Honda)
Mar 17-19 Tucson / Dove Mountain (vs. Valspar)
Apr 14-16 Australia (vs. Heritage, long trip week after Masters)
Apr 28-30 Singapore (vs. Mexico Open)
May 12-14 Washington (vs. Nelson leading into PGA)
June 23-25 Philadelphia / Trump Philly likely (vs. Travelers week after US Open)
June 30-July 2 London / Centurion (vs. Rocket Mortgage)
July 14-16 Spain (vs. Scottish Open leading into British)
Aug 4-6 New Jersey / Bedminster (vs. Wyndham)
Aug 18-20 West Virginia / Greenbrier (vs. BMW)
Sept 1-3 Chicago / Rich Harvest
Sept 15-17 Toronto or Mexico
Sept 29-Oct 1 Florida / Doral Team Championship

Edited by LICC

Just now, LICC said:

The rumored LIV schedule for next year. Not exactly a global set of venues- 10 of 14 events in the U.S., Canada and Mexico:

June 23-25 Philadelphia / Trump Philly likely (vs. Travelers week after US Open)

avg about 2 a month , i wonder how many of the pga top 20 will play pebble beach , pretty smart not going against the bigger name pga tournaments , except pebble beach 

jack n. said if he had one last course to play in his life it would be pebble beach   things do change . 

Edited by shootmyage

7 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

avg about 2 a month , i wonder how many of the pga top 20 will play pebble beach , pretty smart not going against the bigger name pga tournaments , except pebble beach 

Aramco has had their Saudi event opposite Pebble Beach, I wonder if that will change.

Just now, LICC said:

Aramco has had their Saudi event opposite Pebble Beach, I wonder if that will change.

liv is very smart , but going against pebble beach is a big mistake , then again i would think very few top 20 will play pb as like people say about liv " it's all about the money " so most of the top 20 will pass and save themselves for the big dollar tournaments that count , i don't blame them ..

59 minutes ago, LICC said:

Pebble, Scottish Open, Heritage, BMW, and Rocket Mortgage. They aren't doing themselves any favors by trying to create a complimentary tour... 

Each year, I expect LIV to get more daring in the tournaments they choose to go opposite from, especially if Greg is still running it.

Also, that's a lot of travel after majors, but if their players don't make the cut it won't be so bad.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Love having Bubba follow HV3 around and provide commentary - a nice addition to the broadcast.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour