Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 What is safe in your bag? What's on the chopping block?

GolfSpy_APH

Currently* I feel like my bag is set up reasonably well to suit where my game is at right now ... my goal this season is to focus on improving course management and mental game skills.

One thing that may be getting looked at is the putter ... while I'm pretty happy with my dependable ER5 I'm always eyeing new....

Otherwise there may be a shaft or two changed, and likely some grips getting changed out (maybe Dragon, eg something with more traction).

*Disclaimer: none of the statements presented here are to be construed as actual fact nor relied on to be actual fact. 😝

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Toward the end of my practice session yesterday, I noticed a disturbing vibration in my Mizuno ST-X driver. Checked it out and the head is wiggling a millimeter or so. Rather than have the head go flying out of the second-level bay at Drive Shack, I shut it down and finished my practice session hitting wedges. The most likely explanation is that when I tweaked the loft a couple of weeks ago, I failed to adequately tighten the screw connecting the head to the shaft. Unfortunately, the wrench for such tightening is in the trunk of the car parked in my driveway in Wilmington, so I can't try to fix it until tomorrow night. If that doesn't work, I may be in the market for a new driver.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

For club based forum tests I guess something is on the block to be cut.  Being a putter ho and wrapping up the testing of the Sacks Parente putters I am evaluating if there will be a putter swap in the near future.  Final reviews should be posted in the next couple of days so we will see.   

Also,, with release season in full swing I’d say the most likely club to be switched out would be driver.  My g400 Max is going on 6 years old so in theory I have reached the point that technology should have gotten to the point that I should see improvements.   I’ve hit a few of the new drivers and I’m interested but need to do some side by side comparisons.   Was hoping to do some side by side comparisons during most wanted testing but that didn’t work out, guess I will try to figure it out in a few months or wait until next release season.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

The forum question about hybrids vs. fairway woods clearly shows that there are a lot of members who have struggled with hybrids and have gone back to fairways.

When I got fitted two years ago, I expected him to put me on hybrids. However, he said my swing was not well suited to hybrids and he put me on a 7-wood instead. And my longest iron is a 5. The loft on my 7 is the same as a 4-iron, and I don't hit either one very well (although I hit the 7w better than the 4i). Thought about getting a 5-wood to fill in that gap, but for the moment I'm going with five wedges instead. (Yes I said five. PW, gap, 54, 58 and 64, and I use all of them inside 90 yards, a lot more than I use the 7w or would use the 5w).

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I'd like to give my Sub70 AL-6 putter more time in the bag, so unless I accidentally hit buy now in my LABgolf.com cart, the putter is safe. 

Otherwise, I think it's time to look at upgrading the driver. I like the looks of the PXG Gen4, but I haven't hit it great in a few months and I'd like to try new shafts anyway. 

The fairway woods and hybrids are safe. I don't plan on doing a fitting or replacing those. I hit them all decently and the gapping is good.

I would like to try out some graphite shafts in my irons. I don't mind the weight of the steel, but the turf interaction would be less harsh with the graphite, I think. I wouldn't mind keeping the Sub70 659CB heads and replacing the shafts, but we'll see.

My wedges should be replaced. I really like the feel and I've been hitting them good on full shots, but they're starting to look worn and I think I'm loosing enough greenside spin on chip shots to make a replacement necessary.

I'm going to copy @cksurfdude's disclaimer😆: *Disclaimer: none of the statements presented here are to be construed as actual fact nor relied on to be actual fact.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

2 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

Taylor, I do enjoy your enthusiasm!  But as a self discovered liar and a notorious shiny thing sucker, I proclaimmed my bag safe one day, and then 7 days later I've changed out Irons.  Now, this could just be that I know nothing, am a sucker for new and shiny things and was talking out my end pipe, but I always enjoy allowing some wiggle room.  However, the percentages were a nice touch! 🤣  Gotta remember to use them next year myself.  Might keep me from saying everything's safe. 

Great bag though btw.  Hit them straight this year!

Luckily the Paradym and Irons haven’t had proper shafts so they have that going for them! No excuses for anything else!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

My bag is pretty set for now, since I just made a ball swap (See Here ODIN Golf Balls: 2023 Forum Member Review)
The only thing that I will most likely change will be my wedges and that is only because they are a couple years old (Vokey SM9's) - I hit them a lot so the grooves are getting a bit worn. I am not really testing any, prob just going to get the new SM10's.
I had already hit the Taylormade, Mizuno and Callaway - with the Callaway being pretty good, but nothing to sway me from changing to it 

I mean the bag itself might get changed this year as it is about 6 years old and falling apart 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

For club based forum tests I guess something is on the block to be cut.  Being a putter ho and wrapping up the testing of the Sacks Parente putters I am evaluating if there will be a putter swap in the near future.  Final reviews should be posted in the next couple of days so we will see.   

Also,, with release season in full swing I’d say the most likely club to be switched out would be driver.  My g400 Max is going on 6 years old so in theory I have reached the point that technology should have gotten to the point that I should see improvements.   I’ve hit a few of the new drivers and I’m interested but need to do some side by side comparisons.   Was hoping to do some side by side comparisons during most wanted testing but that didn’t work out, guess I will try to figure it out in a few months or wait until next release season.  

Based on the news yesterday (TM and Ping) and last week (Callaway), you should have some REALLY good options to chose from (and that’s not even counting Cobra)!  

Curious to see what works best for you! 

Edited by CFreddie

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

... With your ability to test all the new clubs and compare to your g400, do you have the ability to use the same shafts for an apples to apples comparison? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

36 minutes ago, chisag said:

... With your ability to test all the new clubs and compare to your g400, do you have the ability to use the same shafts for an apples to apples comparison? 

I just get to use what the OEM sends to HQ so it is some set of their stock shafts.  I have an upgraded and shorter shaft in my gamer so no apples or apples comparison.   I’d be happy to just go stock and see what might work better.   Not the “ideal” option, but it has worked out okay for the rest of my bag.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

All but the balls are safe this year.  Switched over to ODIN X1 after reviewing them last month.  Check out my review here:  I will have some equipment shifts long iron for a 3 or 5 wood or drop a long iron for another wedge but that is all course dependent.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

What’s safe:

- my 20 yr old TM divot tool

-the Loonie that I use for a ball marker

-the ziplock bag of several new FJ gloves patiently waiting their turn 

-4 dozen Bridgestone tour B XS balls

What’s probably safe:

-the TM M1 driver with Hzardous smoke green shaft

-TM M5 3wood with Tensi Orange shaft

-the 1987 vintage ping anser4 putter … it knows that it gets to take vacations from time to time and is ok with that. Says, “I’ll be back!” Every time i drop it into the spare clubs storage and backup bag.

on the block - everything else including the bag and umbrella. I am looong overdue for new irons and wedges, and the bag is a 3 time resurrected TM stand bag from the mid 90’s with the stand legs removed. Just plain like it and have gone back to it several times. Only real reason i wanna replace it is cuz a couple zippers have failed. 
- Irons are a combo set I built in 1999. Golfsmith pro forged blades w-7 and pro forged CB 6-3. DG x100 shafts 2* up and 1” long.  

-Golfsmith 5w don’t remember the model with some sort of UST shaft (label long worn off). It’s an old faithful but it IS 25 years old.

- 3 wedges 51* mizuno, 56* & 60* cleveland that are at least 15 yrs old  

Been eyballing sub70 offerings. Would like to try out Titelist, maybe Mizuno, maybe Ping combo set but they are out of my price range unless we get a huge tax return.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:31 AM, ILMgolfnut said:

Toward the end of my practice session yesterday, I noticed a disturbing vibration in my Mizuno ST-X driver. Checked it out and the head is wiggling a millimeter or so. Rather than have the head go flying out of the second-level bay at Drive Shack, I shut it down and finished my practice session hitting wedges. The most likely explanation is that when I tweaked the loft a couple of weeks ago, I failed to adequately tighten the screw connecting the head to the shaft. Unfortunately, the wrench for such tightening is in the trunk of the car parked in my driveway in Wilmington, so I can't try to fix it until tomorrow night. If that doesn't work, I may be in the market for a new driver.

So I got home last night and looked in the trunk for the Mizuno wrench. Wasn't there. Then I realized where it was -- in the valuables pocket of my golf bag. Meaning I had it all the time and could have fixed the driver on the spot. Tightened the screw and the millimeter of wiggle is gone. But I will definitely have the wrench on hand next time I hit the driver, just in case. I didn't even think about playing The Cradle while I was in Pinehurst yesterday because of the wiggly driver, but then I realized last night that The Cradle is all short par 3s and I don't need any woods. Longest hole is 127 yards. I shoulda played it.

Sooo... assuming that the driver is fixed, it's safe. But maybe the 3-wood is in jeopardy. For a while it was pretty reliable off the tee (semi-straight but short), but lately I'm having real problems hitting it off the fairway. I'm more comfortable with my PXG 7-wood, so I might look at a PXG 3w.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Driver is always being looked at but currently switching from G425 to a Srixon ZX 7. Other than that just upgrading to the RTX6 wedges from the RTX full faces. Only club that is 100% safe is the Bettinardi QB6.

Driver- Srixon ZX7 MKii Ventus TR Red

FW- Srixon ZX MKii Ventus Red

Srixon MKii Utility 3 Iron GD TOUR AD 85 Orange

Irons- 4-P Srixon ZX5 MKii KBS Tour Lite

Wedges- Cleveland RTX 6 50*, 55* 60*

Putter- Bettinardi QB6

Ball- Srixon Z Star Diamond

Nothing in my bag is safe, except the putter, gap wedge, and the ball retriever. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

8 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

the ball retriever. 

I put mine back in the bag a few weeks ago.  The course I have been playing has a lot of standing water and sometimes you need some extra reach to get the ball out of the casual water/lake in the middle of the fairway.  Definitely an important piece of equipment 😂

Edited by cnosil

I am going to replace the Titleist 905t out with a driver from this decade soon. I am really interested in the Aerojets by Cobra but also PXG as they have a fitter not too far from me and the price is up my alley (also both are forgiving drivers from past reviews). All in due time. Besides that only my "Cleveland Putter Baby" is safe. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Chopping Block - Hybrid.  Actively working on alternatives as the TSi3 isn't getting the job done anymore.  It is too close in yardage to the Edel SMS Pro 4-iron, so the gapping there is the main issue.  Plus I've been lacking confidence in it lately.

Not on the Block but it's winter and I need something to keep me going so things could get interesting - Putter.  I love my Evnroll ER2B.  But I'm going to be playing around with at least one mid-mallet soon... but that's a post for a different thread! 🤣 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Seeing the videos and talking to the folks at HQ has me pondering drivers.   I can usually get past this inclination by doing Most Wanted testing but I am on IR for a while and can’t participate this year so I want to see if something can beat the G400 Max!

Probably my last season on the PTx Pros, if I can get my swing in shape I'd love to do a fitting at the end of the season to see what my next irons might be (Srixons, hint hint).

Driver is safe. Putter is safe. Wedges are safe. I've looked around at different fairway woods but the Big Tour is very versatile so I don't think I'd want to change it. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Chopping Block - Hybrid.  Actively working on alternatives as the TSi3 isn't getting the job done anymore.  It is too close in yardage to the Edel SMS Pro 4-iron, so the gapping there is the main issue.  Plus I've been lacking confidence in it lately.

Not on the Block but it's winter and I need something to keep me going so things could get interesting - Putter.  I love my Evnroll ER2B.  But I'm going to be playing around with at least one mid-mallet soon... but that's a post for a different thread! 🤣 

I've heard good things about the AI-ONE rossie S

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

9 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I've heard good things about the AI-ONE rossie S

Well since you asked nicely.... I have a gently used Scotty Cameron Super Select GoLo 6 coming my way.  I've always been a fan of the shape, and it was too good to pass up.  I have thoughts of doing my own custom paint job on this one and maybe even sending it out to a local guy to change the finish of the club before I paint it.... like I said... the winter can be rough. haha

image.png

I did take a few putts with the Rossie... you could say I'm familiar with them.  The short slant neck doesn't suit me though.

IMG_8900.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Nothing is safe. I should change my handle  to the terminator. 

In reality my three wood  TSR2 will not be going anywhere. I won it in a raffle and for whatever reason its perfect. 

Biggest at risk is the new Smoke triple diamond on preorder. If I go out and play like absolute garage it could get traded in really quick. 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Well since you asked nicely.... I have a gently used Scotty Cameron Super Select GoLo 6 coming my way.  I've always been a fan of the shape, and it was too good to pass up.  I have thoughts of doing my own custom paint job on this one and maybe even sending it out to a local guy to change the finish of the club before I paint it.... like I said... the winter can be rough. haha

image.png

I did take a few putts with the Rossie... you could say I'm familiar with them.  The short slant neck doesn't suit me though.

IMG_8900.jpeg

Hmmm.  Always been a fan of the rossie shape and design.  What will be the biggest difference woth the Scotty?  Just the shaft?

Looking for a new set of irons that are a "less chunky" so who knows how long the G710's stay around this year! I already know the shafts are being changed for an experiment 🙂

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Maybe late to the reply, but Stealth2 driver and 3 wood definitely safe.  P790 irons and MG3/4 Wedges safe.  I can't take my eye off the L.A.B putters though so I may pull the trigger and give my Scotty a rest.  

Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag

Taylor Made Stealth2 Plus driver - Extra Stiff Kuro Cage Shaft

Taylor Made Stealth2 3 Wood

PXG 7 Wood

2021 P790 6i - PW

50, 52, 56, 60 Taylormade MG3 & MG4 mix

69 Degree Wedge

Scotty Cameron Squareback2 putter

Preferred Balls- Titleist Left Dash, ProV1x, Maxfli Tour X, Vice Pro Plus

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Hmmm.  Always been a fan of the rossie shape and design.  What will be the biggest difference woth the Scotty?  Just the shaft?

I tend to prefer milled faces vs insert faces (although I did like the Ai-One. 

outside of that, yeah mostly the shaft. My eye likes single bends, and I seem to putt well with slight toe hang putters. 

an Ai-One milled SIX T is also on my short list. 

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

committed to performance excellence

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I tend to prefer milled faces vs insert faces (although I did like the Ai-One. 

outside of that, yeah mostly the shaft. My eye likes single bends, and I seem to putt well with slight toe hang putters. 

an Ai-One milled SIX T is also on my short list. 

Sounds like following/administering the Ai-One testing is getting you eager to give them a shot. Wise move to be sure. 😎

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift