The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep @cnosil is a pretty smart dude. He and I think a lot alike. And yes he gets me thinking on a broader scale sometimes

“smart” well let’s not get carried away… lol…

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, Byrnzee said:

Good morning Spies!

Had a great time at a concert last night with the wife. Hard to beat live music in my opinion; one of life's greatest pleasures other than a well-struck golf shot. Chill morning for now, just catching up on the Forum and drinking some coffee. Need to get my iron specs remeasured today, so just relaxing for now until they open.

Notre Dame playing earlier today, so should be able to watch a good chunk of that. Oktoberfest party at a friend's house this afternoon. Otherwise just looking forward to a relaxing day with some football and a few drinks! Figured today is as good a day as any to include some of my favorite photos from my Pinehurst trip this past weekend - enjoy!

IMG_9240.jpeg.f624b35ff8b0e4e4b9b274d1cbfbb00f.jpeg

IMG_9241.jpeg.34d2fae67f5ce7226dcd608ecc4f90d4.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg.0a76a17967adc5d0de9e3c1e6d35731f.jpeg

IMG_9274.jpeg.9c943516ade3a2a465a6d3369ae9c2fc.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg.ea72f6db417919736b9314dfef796dab.jpeg

IMG_9305.jpeg.9624a3a6941d34b6e3e2cd5e3a3a93f1.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg.628ff3b0ec7a5bf30ecd525b1d80fa4c.jpeg

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and if you're lucky enough to be golfing, hit 'em straight! ⛳

Boy the Cradle looks awfully familiar! I have not gotten out to Southern Pines yet; need to do so. Awesome trip, Connor!

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Forum tester for Newton Motion driver shaft, 2024

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

forum(,) friends

Commas can save lives...

1. Let's eat Grandma.
  2. Let's eat, Grandma!

🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  play-ah...
Driver... 
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W... Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W... Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H... Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H... Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW... 
Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW... 
Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter... 
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
.. all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
.. ball often, not always,
MaxFli Tour/S. Or a found Pro V1/x.
.. (
dark orange text = MGS Forum inspired selection)

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

@ILMgolfnut here's hoping that you feel better, and that your gift arrived, and your dinner plans go off without a hitch. 👍

Just got back home from delivering the vehicle I was working on for the past 2 1/2 days and wanted to show at least an exterior picture here.

Did a complete detail, interior, under the hood, then paint correction, polish, and ceramic coating on the exterior surfaces.

Should keep it looking this way for a long time and makes cleaning them much easier as well.

Need to hit the shower, taking SWMBO out for a dinner with her sister and B-I-L, and I want to get some rest before playing tomorrow morning.

Ford.jpeg.8d906a86c7f0dab18bc588db48580895.jpeg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Not exactly morning anymore, but I'm still just as tired as I was when I woke up, so I'm going to count it. My daughter had a local competition with her Lego robotics club that took up a large chunk of our day so far. Was cool to watch, but trying to keep the younger kid from saying, "I'm so bored!" while he was there for 6+ hours was a bit of a challenge. 

Got word that our landlord decided he wanted to do a home inspection next month so my wife is freaking out over it now. Not that there is a real need for it, but she is being a little paranoid because her father's dog tore up some carpet in one of the bedrooms and she's worried it's going to cause a huge problem. We've been here for over 5 years now, so hopefully it's not a big deal, but I know it's got her worried in the meantime. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone! 

Our pug decided to act as our alarm clock this morning barking at imaginary dangers walking both me and the wife up. I'm up an hour earlier than I wanted sitting in an animal pile drinking coffee and thinking about my upcoming round this morning. It's going to be a fun one. 

It's going to be a cool one starting out and get hotter as the day goes on. It's been a crazy month with higher temps than usual for October. I go outside at lunch to get Internet reception and sit on benches that are in direct sunlight and sweat in 50 degree heat. 

I hope you all have a good start to the weekend and if you're playing today, have fun and hit them well!

Hope you played well today, got to love the cool mornings and evening sunsets on the course

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

10 hours ago, Preeway said:

Good morning spies. Felt good to sleep in until almost 7am today. Don’t get many of those opportunities lately. Not much on the agenda for today besides watching college football. Hope everyone has a great day ahead!

Who do you follow in the college ranks?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

11 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

Good morning, Spies!! Happy Saturday!

Another beautiful morning. Sun is shinning, sky is blue, and I woke up. I'm getting ready for a golf lesson this morning. Haven't had one since late spring, so it's time. Especially as we start into the off season very soon.

I just signed up for a new program from a TPI expert. It's a 12 week program around weight lifting, flexibility, and nutrition. I'll do my best to keep some type of diary or something with the progress as well as good and bad along the way. I may make it a blog on the forum, or just a member review at the end. We'll see how it goes. I'll be adding in my swing work in the garage to the process with my Me and My Golf membership stuff. Hmm, a blog may be a better option to keep up with the process. Well see.

Anyway, everyone have a super awesome day!!

FB_IMG_1716307589801.jpg

You will become known as the MGS Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

27 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Who do you follow in the college ranks?

Oregon. Go Ducks!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

38 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Hope you played well today, got to love the cool mornings and evening sunsets on the course

I had a rough start, took a 13 on the first hole and struggled to a 57 on the front but righted the ship on the back and shot 49 for a 106. I'm pretty proud of that, plus I had a great time hanging out with a friend and his buddy from high school. 

Speaking of his friend, I had to take a photo of his bag because he was gaming clubs I've read a bit about on the forum but had never seen in the wild. 

1000010924.jpg.27f7e1d8efc370e6bdfa60d4bbf7da57.jpg

He's new to the game and loves these. 

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I had a rough start, took a 13 on the first hole and struggled to a 57 on the front but righted the ship on the back and shot 49 for a 106. I'm pretty proud of that, plus I had a great time hanging out with a friend and his buddy from high school. 

Speaking of his friend, I had to take a photo of his bag because he was gaming clubs I've read a bit about on the forum but had never seen in the wild. 

1000010924.jpg.27f7e1d8efc370e6bdfa60d4bbf7da57.jpg

He's new to the game and loves these. 

Those are older Golfworks irons, my father in law played them and really liked them.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Just now, buckpillar said:

Those are older Golfworks irons, my father in law played them and really liked them.

I think if you pick up you would score a ten on the hole. I got to look for that ruling in the rules book.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

17 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Thank you! It's always fun on my birthday watching the greetings roll in on my Facebook page; usually approaches 200. It was at 20+ last time I looked. Now I have this as well!

Good morning Spies! GF went over to a friend's house yesterday to make me a birthday cake; I'm not allowed to see it until tonight. In fact I'm banished to the bedroom right now while she decorates it or something. She's taking me out for birthday dinner to a steak and seafood place, and allegedly the birthday gift she ordered me will arrive today, if USPS is telling the truth.

However, I woke up with stomach cramps quite early and they haven't subsided. Hope they do so this afternoon or birthday dinner is not going to be much fun. No appetite for breakfast.

Went out to the range yesterday while she was making the cake for a Newton test session. My swing was all over the place so not sure I got any useful data, other than launch angle seems to be a little better with the 3-dot. So far distance is essentially unchanged from my old gamer. I tried swinging smoother (if I'm even capable of a smooth swing), which Newton says you can do, and distance and speed fell off accordingly. I am able to hit draws a little more easily with the Newton, I think, which should help.

As for which birthday this is...

Well Happy Birthday some 20 hours late. Hate to hear your stomach is hurting though

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Commas can save lives...

1. Let's eat Grandma.
  2. Let's eat, Grandma!

🤣

Ohhhh! I see it can make a difference. Never thought about it in that way

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

6 hours ago, Preeway said:

Oregon. Go Ducks!

I do not keep up with any football (college or pro) but right now I do have a soft spot for the Ducks. After all they did beat OSU. We have too many transplants arrogant OSU fans around here. One of my buds in the league is one (he is a good guy though). I went around quacking like a Duck that week.

To show you how detached I am from other stick and ball sports. Someone at the course asked me who I was pulling for in the World Series? I told him World Series? I did not even know they were playing it much less who is in it? LOL he looked at me as in "what rock did you crawl out from?"

I have no problem if others have a team or keep up with it I just do not. Being born and bred in the South I do not even keep up with NASCAR anymore. Now golf I watch ALL tours when I have the time. I do not make special time to even watch that if I have something else to do. The only Tournament I do make special time to watch is The Masters. Again being a proud Southerner that event is near, dear and sacred to me.

G

Up early this AM catching up. The Par3 wore me out yesterday. I played decent just do not have any feel in my swing. I did learn something though. I have been playing it the last year with Hickory clubs and wound Maxfli Elite golf balls. I had noticed some funky flights yesterday. At one of our rest stops under a gazebo I accidently dropped one of the balls on the concrete. It barely bounced. I carry 3 of them and have been rotating them out. Found out all 3 were dead. I have to defend them though. 40 years old and I had been rotating them out the last year. It was no big deal even though I only carry 3 balls in the bag plus 3 for my wife. I had already found a new ProV and a new TP-5. The course is lighted and they promote a party atmosphere anyhow at night. I think a lot of people get to drinking and forget where their ball went. I have never played a round there on Saturday morning where I did not find at least one ball. 3 weeks ago in one round I found 6 Callaway Truvis balls all brand new. Gotta love drunk tourists!

Today we have the usual Sunday crowd and I am going to play my regular stuff to try to get my feel back. I wanted to do vintage, but I feel I need to play my regular stuff to see WTH? I am doing. 

Yeah I am up super early but for some reason the Par3 wore me out and I went to bed at 7PM. I have been on a CPAT machine for 15 years now and I sleep solid. So I am on here and looking at the ZoZo waiting on the big boy to appear.

G