The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

9 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

After next week, the next total eclipse visible for most of the continental US will be in 2045.

Dang!!  I’m going to miss it!!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Good morning spies and happy Friday!

So, nobody told me how tired I would be after playing a full 18 hole course yesterday and I am fully invested in drinking this whole pot of coffee this morning 😂 I have some coursework to catch up on and scheduled a last minute tutoring session for a student tonight, should be a doozy as I have had the guy before and I still don't believe he even studies, but whatever, still adds to my experience hours. Besides that, I hope you all have a great Friday as we gear up for the Weekend!

So how did the round go? The Spies need details!

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

I can try not sure they will listen. What are we fighting for, do I need some sights and banners to make the point?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

I can try not sure they will listen. What are we fighting for, do I need some sights and banners to make the point?

It’s been so long since they have made it, I can’t remember what flavor it was.  I guess we can stand down.

Edited by Shankster

13 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

We are heading to a friends near Burlington VT up this way for the kids, as it will be very cool to be in the total darkness of it.

One of my favorite beer cities - let me know if you need any recs!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s been so long since they have made it, I can’t remember what flavor it was.  I guess we can stand down.

Well you should have told me that earlier I have already arranged quite the protest up here. Lots of politely but sternly worded signs from many Vermonters were being made.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

One of my favorite beer cities - let me know if you need any recs!

Thanks for the offer, I don't really drink but I have heard good things about the area for those that like a good beer.

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I believe it was “Lots of Chocolate Chunks, Fresh Cut Grass, and Bunker Sand Topped Pimento Cheese”…

Suresy it wasn't Blueberry Bulldog?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I went to the doctor and they said it was probably just one of about 200 viruses that float around. She gave me a prescription for some Flonase and a pill form of a cough suppressant without a decongestant since my blood pressure was up a bit from the Sudafed that work gave me yesterday. I'm cool with that, I had a major nosebleed at work that took me a few minutes to get under control. 

I'm still locked up in the bedroom with the wife holding the keys to the jail cell. We think the dogs might be believing I'm being punished for something. It might serve as a good warning for them not being naughty. 

I'm about to go stir crazy. 

Get to feeling better soon and get back in the thick of it on your local track.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

45 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Hope you feel better soon.   At least you have the forum to help mitigate the stir craziness.   room big enough to take practice swings and work on your game 🙂

28 minutes ago, William P said:

Get to feeling better soon and get back in the thick of it on your local track.

Thanks Chris and William! If I were to go upstairs and steal my sister-in-law's room, I would have enough room to set up the net and hit some. She's got nice, high 10 ft ceilings and I've threatened it before. 

I have been working a bit on my takeaway and trying to keep connected a little bit better through partial wedge swings. That's been my weakness lately, can't hit a wedge for love nor money. I have a feeling the short game is going to be paramount once we go to Virginia. 

Chris, have you taken any full swings since the doctor gave you the all clear?

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Yup, my group of old duffers has similar snide remarks. Occasionally someone will bring a towel to the old guy in the trap and say, "Its such a nice day for the beach. Here is your beach towel" 

On my 'unable to golf because of issues front, I now have a "consultation" date in about 10 days. There we will discuss things and stuff and then set another date further into the summer for me to get repaired. I am wound too tight to sit and fidget while waiting for the days to pass. My wife is going to be cranky and I am going to have to wear that responsibility like a jacket. 

I am simpatico with your situation. Best case for me will be a return to golf in some form in May… I don’t even want to speculate on what the worse case scenario could be. The reigning female leader of the family will get some relief and protection in that I can and WILL engage in displaced aggression and take out my angst at not being able to play golf on the work crews that I deal with. 

7 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

On my 'unable to golf because of issues front, I now have a "consultation" date in about 10 days. There we will discuss things and stuff and then set another date further into the summer for me to get repaired. I am wound too tight to sit and fidget while waiting for the days to pass. My wife is going to be cranky and I am going to have to wear that responsibility like a jacket. 

Hope they get you repaired sooner rather than later.  Definitely tough not being able to do things.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

For the short game you can watch the Dan Grieve youtube channel.  He has some great videos.....IMO

yep. Went to HQ on Tuesday and hit  some balls.  That went pretty well.    We were short players on my golf league team yesterday so since Tuesday went well I said I would play......kicked my butt;  I was sore and worn out after the round and still a little sore today.     I think it is going to take a little time to get myself back into shape 

The video you posted of playing in Bermuda was awesome and helped me a lot the last time I played at Bear Trace. 

I'm glad you're able to get some swings in and start on the road to getting back in golf shape.

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I went to the doctor and they said it was probably just one of about 200 viruses that float around. She gave me a prescription for some Flonase and a pill form of a cough suppressant without a decongestant since my blood pressure was up a bit from the Sudafed that work gave me yesterday. I'm cool with that, I had a major nosebleed at work that took me a few minutes to get under control. 

I'm still locked up in the bedroom with the wife holding the keys to the jail cell. We think the dogs might be believing I'm being punished for something. It might serve as a good warning for them not being naughty. 

I'm about to go stir crazy. 

You are already crazy… I will agree that stirring crazy up is usually not a good outcome. Glad you seem to be on the right track in getting relief from whatever plague you got yourself into.