2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, taylorjonasher said:

Those GD bev-cart girls can be so irresponsible sometimes. They really ought to know when enough is enough. We're not all just pieces of meat with bottomless livers!

Wasn't her fault, our playing partners broke out a bottle of this whisky on the back 9 and were pouring freely.

image.png.2a352a4a954bd8e0cbb4b5abe7d4858d.png

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

23 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Have to stay on the IR until at least May.

@Dead Solid Bogey you worry about getting better! Golf will be around for a while & so will MGS! Get well soon! 🙏

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

9 hours ago, Dcfrench3 said:

What's going on in this picture? Is this your putting warm up? Do you just go in a circle from a certain distance and try and hit each one into the hold?

I think I’m explaining to you what I mean . My thoughts were at the time were in a conflicted place with my swing and the perfection of it . I was inundated with information, swing thoughts , articles related to playing better golf , all the things we do to try and improve. It was a very frustrating time for me and in many areas of my life . Seeing Arnold Palmer’s commercial was about all the different PGA tour pros that had unique swings , including his own . The point Arnold was trying to make is that golf is complicated enough with us trying  to groove a “perfect swing” like the modern tour players . What we don’t realize is they have work out routines , stretching routines , and all kinds of individualized instruction that suits their positive swing techniques and help with other things that might inhibit them from playing to their potential. All I am saying is that as simplistic as that sounds ,I realized that I needed to improve upon my own swing and work on the things that I basically have ignored such as putting , short game and actually taking time to work on my game . To sum it up , I was striving to be something that I couldn’t give that amount of time to , I had to commit to being a husband , father and a locomotive engineer that took lots of my personal time too.  I don’t mean to write so much about but it made total sense and Arnold Palmer knew a few things about golf . I hope this helps and my apologies if it doesn’t . I’m playing my best golf now account of me being retired , having the time to improve and really put in the  quality time that it takes to play better . Incidentally, my putter became one of my strongest suits after historically it being my worst . 

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

2 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

Good morning all. A wet and windy start to the day here so unlikely to get any golf in today 😔 

On a positive note the Runner Golf putter I’m testing for MGS is arriving today so hoping to get an unboxing and initial impressions post done. 

Hope you all have a good day and better weather than here 👍

Looking forward to seeing pics of the putter. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

50 minutes ago, Mr_BogeyPro said:

Does this happen to anyone else? A group lets you play through and you get the yips?

Yeah, it's a coin flip between barely getting the club on the ball and ripping one in an impressive manner.  

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto