The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

49 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Hope that they find the cause and get you on a path to getting the feeling back sooner rather than later.

Congratulations Bill, @William P, always enjoy your comments and posts here and on the Community Calls.

Thanks, gotta get this issue resolved or at least not as severe.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Cfhandyman said:

A fine good morning to all.  Have a PXG fitting this morning to try the new gen 7 irons. Looking forward to that.  Yesterday’s round was a weather adventure, featuring rain, then hail and finally sleet.  image.jpeg.c24975ece3836f77b8cb6c0b496f3001.jpeg

Felt like the UPS guys motto, neither snow, nor rain, nor gloom of night will stop me from the completion of my round. Have a great day. 

90% of Canada is in the same boat as you, weather wise...

committed to performance excellence

Belated good morning, Spies! Left Raleigh and drove an hour-ish south to play that Davis Love III course I mentioned yesterday. It was breezy and in the 50s and I had the course to myself, except for a couple who I let play through because I was in no hurry. I walked and used my push cart, but the hills wore me out and I stopped at the turn. But what a front nine it was!

I had suspected it was one of those tree-lined housing development courses, and I was correct. Fairways none too broad. But I kept putting a little baby draw in play off the tee! Hit 5 of the 7 fairways and 4 GIRs including both the par 3s, with a 7 wood that I somehow got to check up on #7. Made three pars, would have made four except for a 3 jack on 7. Even with two 3-jacks and a double on 9 from fatigue, I shot 43 and actually lowered my handicap by a smidge.

Next time I'm getting a cart when I go there. And I'm going to keep playing the Maxfli Tour; ain't no way that 7-wood stops on the green with my old Srixon balls. I'll have to go by Dick's tomorrow and get another box.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Forum tester for Newton Motion driver shaft, 2024

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good afternoon all on a busy start to my Wednesday! First hard frost of the year last night with temps dipping to 25 🥶 but highs will start climbing to the 60s/70s tomorrow through Monday. Have a noon tee time booked for Friday as some longer days to start the week are going to afford me a half day of work. Also hoping to play on Sunday as time is now fleeting to get on the course.

Next weekend is our trip to Jacksonville for the Packers game and a round of golf, so want to make sure I get a good amount of play and practice in before heading down there!

Try and get some photos of the "changing colors" there when you play on Friday and Sunday for the southern Spies, especially @Josh Parker.

It should be prime time for viewing the changing colors there at this time. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Try and get some photos of the "changing colors" there when you play on Friday and Sunday for the southern Spies, especially @Josh Parker.

It should be prime time for viewing the changing colors there at this time. 👍

We are almost to the peak "colors" week. With the hard frost this morning, it could happen this weekend. Colors in the hills and bluffs are already looking great.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

4 hours ago, William P said:

Just realized I have reached 2K posts in the Forum this morning. Still a few weeks to go for my 1 year anniversary of joining MGS. Never would have thought I would get this active or involved in the Forum when I joined but I am enjoying every day and have met some wonderful people here!

Congratulations on the milestone! It's been a pleasure having you here and getting to know and interact with you. 

Just now, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the milestone! It's been a pleasure having you here and getting to know and interact with you. 

Thank you sir.

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Ditto to @William P! With the volume of posts the Newton test is gonna require, I may not be far behind you!

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Ditto to @William P! With the volume of posts the Newton test is gonna require, I may not be far behind you!

Thank you and looking forward to hearing how the Newtons perform for you!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

My Arccos account deleted itself when I re-paired some clubs… quite annoying and solidifies my deletion of the app.  

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

Hey ya'll!

I hope everyone's day is going well! A bit chilly here, but an awesome opportunity to try out the Galway Bay products that just arrived! Super pumped to use them. Headed up to Linville GC this weekend for some on-course videoing and review opportunities as lows will be down in the lower 30s. Check out my unboxing and first impressions below! 

Have a great rest of the evening! Looking forward to the CC tomorrow! 

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver; Graphite Design Tour AD VF-6 S / UB-6 S

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 3HL 16.5: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

default_ping-small.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 75 S. Set to 20*

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S. Set to 23*

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 DC 5-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX 54: Rotex Wedge; CBX2 Zipcore 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

Screenshot2024-06-20102640.png.8ddd17fe8171208d828937758e6ebd54.png M.Craft OMOI Type 06

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  ProV1x ; Linksmaster Bag

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

My Arccos account deleted itself when I re-paired some clubs… quite annoying and solidifies my deletion of the app.  

I was just thinking about Arccos last night. I'd like a good data source for my rounds, but if it's a PITA... Another consideration is that I ease the load on my back by attaching a ball retriever to my putter grip so I don't have to bend over and pluck the ball out of the cup when I finally get there. Don't think the Arccos putter sensor would work with that.