Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Callaway Paradym Irons - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Find the testers Introductions, Unboxings and Final Reviews quickly in the links below!

@Golf2MuchTesting Post Here
@MattWillGolfTesting Post Here

@funkyjudgeTesting Post Here
@JavsTesting Post Here

@BKervin Testing Post Here

I just received notification from Callaway that the Paradym X GW I ordered has shipped. 🤩

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

As I’ve mentioned before, my ability to score is tied directly to my short game.  I’m not capable of overpowering even a par 3 course!  So, I wanted to take the Paradym X’s out to get the feel and see how they performed with chip shots around the green. 

My home course has a small practice area dedicated for chipping.  It typically has two pins, one at each end of a narrow green, so you can chip back and forth.   I’d say the area is about 60 ft. long and 15 to 20 ft. wide.   Since my wife was volunteering at the local SPCA near the course, I decided to tag along and use the opportunity to put the Paradym X's to the test.  

As a bit of a background, I generally use three of my four wedges chipping around the green.  I'll choose which wedge depending on how much green I have to work with and the slope of the green from me to the pin.  For some reason, I typically don’t use the 60 degree wedge for chipping.   I rely on my Ping G30 pitching wedge (from my iron set) and my Edison 50 and 55 degree gap and sand wedges.  Given our Rees Jones designed small greens each with false fronts, I tend to give those three wedges a good workout around the green every round. 

Today, I choose the 46-degree Paradym X “A” wedge to evaluate as it was the closest to my 45-degree Ping G30 pitching wedge.  Interestingly enough, it also had the same lie and offset as well as being within one swing weight of each other.  I threw out ten balls and proceeded to chip the ball back and forth to both pins. 

Even though both wedges have very close specifications to one another, it took me one pass back and forth to get used to the feel of the new Paradym X approach wedge.  The forged Paradym X wedge had a more distinct “click” as compared to the cast G30 wedge.  It was even a little more pronounced than my forged Edison wedges.   After the first set of balls, I really didn’t even pay attention to the sound so it wasn’t that distracting. 

Setting the Paradym X behind the ball, the slightly shorter blade length seemed a little more obvious.  I was concerned it might be a little less forgiving than the G30 wedge.  That concern quickly went away as I found myself consistently hitting the center sweet spot of the face. 

image.png.07a092d0a1834223f7ea885b15dedd26.png

Since I play with forged Edison wedges, the overall Paradym X feel wasn’t that foreign to me.   I played with ball position and length of back swing to get a feel of how much I could make the wedge check on the first bounce and how much it would roll after that first bounce.   I found the ball came off the face pretty consistently toward the target, didn’t seem to check up as much as the Ping G30 pitching wedge and tended to roll out a little further.  More important to me, was the consistency I could expect from them.   Overall, I got a bit more consistency moving the ball forward an inch or two from my back foot than I typically hit my existing pitching wedge.  I found that small adjustment yielded a bit more overall consistency. 

I probably went back and forth across this small practice green fifteen to twenty times.  Each pass back and forth proved to yield more consistent results.  Both pins were roughly 40-45 feet from where I was chipping from. 

image.png.5f3c75995de8ea6d46dd9d7ae4c611f9.png   image.png.91f2a52f2cb308cd164e9a8130c90015.png

The two pictures above exhibit my chipping results before quitting for the day.  On the first picture, which was about half way through my sessions, you’ll see only nine balls as one was actually in the cup!  The last picture yielded a pretty consistent pattern, all which should have yielded a makeable putt.  I’d take that any day!

Overall, I felt the Paradym X’s had a more audible clicking sound when I chipped the ball, had a feel consistent with my other forged wedges and the slightly shorter blade length really didn’t impact how well I hit the wedge.  With my stroke, I found that the A wedge did not check up as much and ran out a bit farther than my previous pitching wedge with the same loft and other specifications.  Once I got comfortable with the Paradym X approach wedge, I found it to perform slightly better than my Ping G30 wedge.  Also being forged, the Paradym X's wedges have a similar feel to my existing Edison wedges.

I was rained out on Tuesday.  The forecast for tomorrow is for a sunny, hot day in Key West (when isn't it this time of year).  So hopefully I’ll get a chance to put the Callaway Paradym X’s into play and see some results. 

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Having just gotten fit for a Paradym Driver I was interested to read up on the irons and y'all have done a great job so far of providing feedback. Really enjoying the read and look forward to future updates!

:callaway-small: Paradym X Driver 12* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 50 

:callaway-small: Paradym X 3W HL 16.5* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite

:callaway-small: Paradym X 4 Hybrid 21* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 65 

:mizuno-small: Mx17 3i - PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S 300

NEXTT CX3 60* Steel Shaft

Basic :wilson-small: Blade style putter 

🪩 Vice Tour

Paradym X Irons - Delivery 2.

I have to sing the praises of Callaway Customs. I ordered a GW in my spec, +1”, 2 degrees upright, on Monday. The club delivered on Friday. That to me is impressive. I was expecting to see a G stamped on the club head. It is instead marked with a 51. I have to admit, these are good looking irons. I just need to instal the Shot Scope tag and it will be ready for the course.

IMG_1560.jpeg.878facd6ee746a089081511b96130931.jpeg

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

8 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Paradym X Irons - Delivery 2.

I have to sing the praises of Callaway Customs. I ordered a GW in my spec, +1”, 2 degrees upright, on Monday. The club delivered on Friday. That to me is impressive. I was expecting to see a G stamped on the club head. It is instead marked with a 51. I have to admit, these are good looking irons. I just need to instal the Shot Scope tag and it will be ready for the course.

IMG_1560.jpeg.878facd6ee746a089081511b96130931.jpeg

I ordered a custom Driver, 3 wood and 4 Hybrid from them Sunday and 2 of the 3 are getting here today. Callaway's logistics are definitely impressive. Looking forward to seeing the next course update on how the Paradym irons are playing for you!

:callaway-small: Paradym X 3W HL 16.5* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite

🪩 Vice Tour

@funkyjudge just posted a great update - hoping he'll share it here for everyone to see.  Sounds like these things are some weapons.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

@funkyjudge just posted a great update - hoping he'll share it here for everyone to see.  Sounds like these things are some weapons.

Here it is —

Round 2 (partial) and Round 3 in Myrtle Beach with Paradym Irons

Our second round was interrupted multiple times by thunderstorms, and I injured my hand when my hand slipped off of a club during my downswing, so I only played 8 holes of golf yesterday. I only took 41 strokes for those 8 holes, and played reasonably well in spite of the horrible weather.

The Paradym irons performed well on those holes that I played, and I parred both par-3 holes that I played yesterday, one of which was played in moderate rain and one that was played in a downpour.  I hit my desired distances on all but one iron shot, and accuracy was very good overall.  It is hard to say much more than that, since it was a partial round played in abysmal conditions, with several thunderstorm delays.

Today, on the other hand, was a beautiful day, with the exception of winds that were blowing at a steady 15-25 MPH with 30+ MPH gusts.  I had my best iron striking round in close to a year (actually, I was hitting every club but my putter unusually well today!). I started my round par-birdie-par-birdie and each approach shot on those four holes ended up within 8 feet of the cup. We had five par-3 holes today and I hit the greens with my tee shots on each of those holes. Two of those holes were into the wind, and one was into a crosswind.

I cannot say enough great things about how well these Paradym irons felt, and more importantly performed, throughout my round today. I only shot a round of 84 on a par-71 course, but that was because I had the worst putting round that I can recall EVER having had(43 putts). My iron play was fabulous and I love the way that I am adjusting to the irons.

The prize money is being handed out as I type this, and I just got handed money for one skin and second place overall.  Thank you, Paradym irons!!!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Here it is —

Our second round was interrupted multiple times by thunderstorms, and I injured my hand when my hand slipped off of a club during my downswing, so I only played 8 holes of golf yesterday. I only took 41 strokes for those 8 holes, and played reasonably well in spite of the horrible weather.

The Paradym irons performed well on those holes that I played, and I parred both par-3 holes that I played yesterday, one of which was played in moderate rain and one that was played in a downpour.  I hit my desired distances on all but one iron shot, and accuracy was very good overall.  It is hard to say much more than that, since it was a partial round played in abysmal conditions, with several thunderstorm delays.

Today, on the other hand, was a beautiful day, with the exception of winds that were blowing at a steady 15-25 MPH with 30+ MPH gusts.  I had my best iron striking round in close to a year (actually, I was hitting every club but my putter unusually well today!). I started my round par-birdie-par-birdie and each approach shot on those four holes ended up within 8 feet of the cup. We had five par-3 holes today and I hit the greens with my tee shots on each of those holes. Two of those holes were into the wind, and one was into a crosswind.

I cannot say enough great things about how well these Paradym irons felt, and more importantly performed, throughout my round today. I only shot a round of 84 on a par-71 course, but that was because I had the worst putting round that I can recall EVER having had(43 putts). My iron play was fabulous and I love the way that I am adjusting to the irons.

The prize money is being handed out as I type this, and I just got handed money for one skin and second place overall.  Thank you, Paradym irons!!!

….. and here is my first round report from this Myrtle Beach trip —

First Day of Myrtle Beach Trip with Paradym Irons:

Today’s round in Myrtle Beach was a frustrating one, but not because of the Paradym irons! I was hitting the ball poorly off the tee with my driver and 4-wood, with the exception of three holes where I crushed the driver straight down the middle of the fairway.  I also made some stupid choices and mistakes on recovery shots after getting myself into trouble off the tee.

Now, regarding the Paradym irons — I hit lots of good shots that left me on the greens pin-high or slightly past the pins. I won a closest-to-the-pin prize with my Paradym 8-iron on a 131-yard par three with a tee shot that left a ball mark next to the hole and rolled-out about 8.5 to 9 feet.  Contact feels so beautiful with these irons on well-struck shots and the ball flight is high and straight.  I am still trying to completely dial-in my distances with these irons, and I did hit a handful of iron shots that went well past the pins today, but the percentage where this happens has gotten lower.  One thing that I have noticed is that when using these irons to hit shots into the wind I lose less distance than I expect. There seems to be more of a “boring” ball flight with the Paradyms that loses less distance than I think would be the case.

I am certainly happy with these irons, and I am sure that I will get the distance issues resolved with continued use.

Time to get ready for bed now; I am in the first group tomorrow, and we have early morning tee times.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Here it is —

Today’s round in Myrtle Beach was a frustrating one, but not because of the Paradym irons! I was hitting the ball poorly off the tee with my driver and 4-wood, with the exception of three holes where I crushed the driver straight down the middle of the fairway.  I also made some stupid choices and mistakes on recovery shots after getting myself into trouble off the tee.

Now, regarding the Paradym irons — I hit lots of good shots that left me on the greens pin-high or slightly past the pins. I won a closest-to-the-pin prize with my Paradym 8-iron on a 131-yard par three with a tee shot that left a ball mark next to the hole and rolled-out about 8.5 to 9 feet.  Contact feels so beautiful with these irons on well-struck shots and the ball flight is high and straight.  I am still trying to completely dial-in my distances with these irons, and I did hit a handful of iron shots that went well past the pins today, but the percentage where this happens has gotten lower.  One thing that I have noticed is that when using these irons to hit shots into the wind I lose less distance than I expect. There seems to be more of a “boring” ball flight with the Paradyms that loses less distance than I think would be the case.

I am certainly happy with these irons, and I am sure that I will get the distance issues resolved with continued use.

Time to get ready for bed now; I am in the first group tomorrow, and we have early morning tee times.

Way to go @funkyjudge! sounds like a great time and like you and the Paradym irons are getting along well. Looking forward to hearing how you do tomorrow.

🪩 Vice Tour

9 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Here it is —

Great update @funkyjudge! It's good to hear these irons have been living up to the hype. 

My Round two with the Paradym irons. Played blue tees at Cowen Creek and my course handicap was 6. I shot 3 over. The Paradym irons were amazing. On average I hit the Paradym irons 10 to 12 yards longer than my PXG Gen 5 P’s. First hole hit a GW   128 to 5 feet. Missed the putt. Second hole was 159 into the wind and hit a half 8I fat to the front fringe. Touched it with my putter 3 times. Number 3 was a par 5 driver, 3 wood and pitch shot. Missed the darn putt. See today’s theme…..Number 4 driver and a 1/4 GW to 6 feet. Yes missed it. Number 5 hit GW 128 into the wind and it flew right over the stick. Unfortunately, caught the ridge and rolled to 25 feet. Made the putt for birdie! Finally life!! Number 6 had 178 into the wind and hit a hard 7i. Medium height tight draw right into the middle of the green. Made par and was really pleased with that iron shot. Number 7 hit PW and it flew 5 yards farther than I expected over the flag and plugged in the bunker. Made bogey. However, the iron was well struck. These clubs are hot! Number 8 had 165 and hit a chocked down 8i off a side hill lie to 17 feet. Again the ball flew nicely with a tight draw. Number 9 made par on the par5. On 10 had 168 and hit an 8i over the green. Didn’t get up and down. Number 11 hit a PW from 138 and it flew the green. Again failed to get up and down. These were good shots, just took off. Number 12 made   par on the par 5. Number 13 had 178 and hit 7i to 22 feet. Once again a tight draw. Made a good par on a hard hole. Number 14 drove it over the green on the par 4 by cutting the corner. Made birdie. Number 15 had 118 into a stiff wind. Hit GW to 19 feet. Made par. Number 16 had 167 to a back right pin that was a sucker pin. Hit a cut 8i that started middle and worked towards the flag to 8 feet. So, proved I could work the ball both ways with these weapons. Missed the putt. On 17 made par on the par 5. On 18 had 165 and hit 8i straight over the stick about 6 feet too long and into the bunker. Made bogey. Takeaways: these clubs are long and hot. They don’t make much sound. Off center hits still fly out and don’t loose much distance or accuracy. They can’t be hit both ways and are easy to work. They seem to prefer providing a tight draw. Very  pleased so far. Just need to dial in the distances. Stay tuned for more updates!

Play like a champion today!

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

My Round two with the Paradym irons. Played blue tees at Cowen Creek and my course handicap was 6. I shot 3 over. The Paradym irons were amazing. On average I hit the Paradym irons 10 to 12 yards longer than my PXG Gen 5 P’s. First hole hit a GW   128 to 5 feet. Missed the putt. Second hole was 159 into the wind and hit a half 8I fat to the front fringe. Touched it with my putter 3 times. Number 3 was a par 5 driver, 3 wood and pitch shot. Missed the darn putt. See today’s theme…..Number 4 driver and a 1/4 GW to 6 feet. Yes missed it. Number 5 hit GW 128 into the wind and it flew right over the stick. Unfortunately, caught the ridge and rolled to 25 feet. Made the putt for birdie! Finally life!! Number 6 had 178 into the wind and hit a hard 7i. Medium height tight draw right into the middle of the green. Made par and was really pleased with that iron shot. Number 7 hit PW and it flew 5 yards farther than I expected over the flag and plugged in the bunker. Made bogey. However, the iron was well struck. These clubs are hot! Number 8 had 165 and hit a chocked down 8i off a side hill lie to 17 feet. Again the ball flew nicely with a tight draw. Number 9 made par on the par5. On 10 had 168 and hit an 8i over the green. Didn’t get up and down. Number 11 hit a PW from 138 and it flew the green. Again failed to get up and down. These were good shots, just took off. Number 12 made   par on the par 5. Number 13 had 178 and hit 7i to 22 feet. Once again a tight draw. Made a good par on a hard hole. Number 14 drove it over the green on the par 4 by cutting the corner. Made birdie. Number 15 had 118 into a stiff wind. Hit GW to 19 feet. Made par. Number 16 had 167 to a back right pin that was a sucker pin. Hit a cut 8i that started middle and worked towards the flag to 8 feet. So, proved I could work the ball both ways with these weapons. Missed the putt. On 17 made par on the par 5. On 18 had 165 and hit 8i straight over the stick about 6 feet too long and into the bunker. Made bogey. Takeaways: these clubs are long and hot. They don’t make much sound. Off center hits still fly out and don’t loose much distance or accuracy. They can’t be hit both ways and are easy to work. They seem to prefer providing a tight draw. Very  pleased so far. Just need to dial in the distances. Stay tuned for more updates!

Sounds like an exciting round! On average do you feel like you're hitting these irons closer to the pin than your old irons and if so by what sort of margin?

🪩 Vice Tour

4 minutes ago, Matt711 said:

Sounds like an exciting round! On average do you feel like you're hitting these irons closer to the pin than your old irons and if so by what sort of margin?

I must say that I feel very confident hitting these irons. That said, I love my PXG’s. So, the bar for these to take a place in my bag is high. However, in the two rounds I can see that I am gaining about 10 to 12 yards. I would not yet say that they are more accurate. However, the argument can be made that hitting a club and a half less into every green does seem to make it appear easier. I will say the turf interaction is great. They made the clubs to my specs perfectly. So, I know when it is hit on the button it will go where I am looking. Even the miss hits have been acceptable. Hope that helps.

I was able to get out this morning for 9 holes. I played the back 9 for the first time this season and it tends to be the soggier than the front 9. Since receiving the irons, the weather seems to have never gotten above 50 degrees. Today was no exception. It was 46 degrees at tee off. Then the rain started followed by a brief bit of hail and finally a tad bit of drizzle, but the sun made an appearance every now and again. Given that I was able to play, these trifling's can be ignored. Today I discovered just how forgiving these irons are even in soggy conditions, no carts allowed on course today. I struggled to get the long irons up in the air today. But given that they still went remarkably straight which is an improvement over my regular gamers which in wet conditions tended to grab and have the face open up. I did not have that problem with the Paradym X irons. At the shorter end of the bag though 9i, PW, AW and the GW I recently purchased to add to the set, simply launch the ball. Given the conditions the distance suffered but they got up in the air and on line as aimed. Their interaction with the soggy turf was excellent. Much better than my PXG 0211 irons. Normally this early in the season because the wet conditions, I play with my Ping G25 irons as their wider soles seem to work better for me when the course is this soggy. 

My 10 cent take on these irons is they are more forgiving and offer better distance than either of the sets of irons I have and their turf interaction in soggy conditions is quite a bit better as well. I am looking forward to trying these out in warmer and drier conditions. 

5 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I was able to get out this morning for 9 holes. I played the back 9 for the first time this season and it tends to be the soggier than the front 9. Since receiving the irons, the weather seems to have never gotten above 50 degrees. Today was no exception. It was 46 degrees at tee off. Then the rain started followed by a brief bit of hail and finally a tad bit of drizzle, but the sun made an appearance every now and again. Given that I was able to play, these trifling's can be ignored. Today I discovered just how forgiving these irons are even in soggy conditions, no carts allowed on course today. I struggled to get the long irons up in the air today. But given that they still went remarkably straight which is an improvement over my regular gamers which in wet conditions tended to grab and have the face open up. I did not have that problem with the Paradym X irons. At the shorter end of the bag though 9i, PW, AW and the GW I recently purchased to add to the set, simply launch the ball. Given the conditions the distance suffered but they got up in the air and on line as aimed. Their interaction with the soggy turf was excellent. Much better than my PXG 0211 irons. Normally this early in the season because the wet conditions, I play with my Ping G25 irons as their wider soles seem to work better for me when the course is this soggy. 

My 10 cent take on these irons is they are more forgiving and offer better distance than either of sets of irons I have and their turf interaction in soggy conditions is quite a bit better as well. I am looking forward to trying these out in warmer and drier conditions. 

Hopefully you'll get some warmer, dryer conditions soon. I can imagine if they're performing well in the conditions you're playing in now, you'll have to watch out about flying greens. 

You are all doing a great job on this review, I haven't commented much but I'm really enjoying reading about y'all playing these irons. 

31 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

As I started breaking down my game at my home course, I realized that given my short distance off the tee I tend to hit more fairway wood positional or approach shots.  This often leaves me with wedge pitch and chip shots.  I was lamenting this to @GolfSpy_APH on the reviewers message thread and his comment was "Try an irons only round!!"  I thought about it and replied that was not a bad idea.  

This morning I played our back nine with just the Paradym X irons and my Edison 50 and 55 degree wedges.  On the par 4's and our only par 5, I teed off with the 5 iron.  It was the least lofted iron in my Paradym X set.  Plus, in the past several years I've struggled hitting anything more than a 6 iron.  My intention was not to score, but to put myself in situations where I could hit each iron at least once.  After teeing off, I'd check the distance to the pin and then look to distances where I could effectively hit full shots.  For example, if I was 200 yards out, I'd purposely hit a 9 irons and AW to the green instead of a 5 iron and one of my Edison wedges to chip on.  Finally, I also gave myself a rule not to hit the same club on back-to-back shots.  To assess the overall performance, I'd compare today's distances to my 2022 Ping G30 iron distances.

Truth be told, I've been struggling with my iron play recently.   Today I decided to try a few things to nudge my way to better overall iron play.  The good news is that the one or two tweaks I made yielded a more solid iron shots.  I still struggled a little, but nowhere near as bad as I was the last few weeks.   With the exception of my Edison irons, I've only played forged clubs in the past.  So, the Paradym X forged blades are a new and different feeling club for me.  

Here are some of my initial observations.  First, is the lack of feedback is feedback in itself.  By that I mean when I know I hit the Paradym X's well, I don't feel a thing.  There's no vibration and very little of the "clicking" sound they make at impact.  The converse is also true.  If I'm off, I can feel it before even looking up.  Though my previous Ping G30 performed somewhat like that, the Paradym X's tend to make it more obvious.  On a couple of occasions during the round waiting for someone to clear the green, I'd drop another ball or two.  Inevitably, the shot would come off the club feeling a little worse or better.  As I rode up the fairway, I noticed that there wasn't a significant difference in distance and/or dispersion between the two or three shots.  Good and fair shots all seemed to travel similar distances.   Hitting the Paradym X's today and over the last few rounds, I get the feeling that the overall trajectory is lower when compared with my Ping G30's.  If you look below at the tables, I get a feeling I know why.  For some reason, I tend to hit these irons straight or on occasion come over the top a little with a pull hook.  From my previous threads, I've mentioned that I've always been 2 degrees upright lie and with my Paradym X fitting, I ended up being standard lie.  So, I'm still working on getting comfortable with the flatter lie.

With the round over, I pulled the Shot Scope data to see how I did.  I was happy to see that all of my five iron "tee shots" were in the fairway.  You would expect that, but for me hitting a forge smaller profile five iron with any consistency is a win!  Next I focused on the distances.  Below is a chart off my distances for each iron.  The Ping G30 numbers are my 2022 results and the Callaway Paradym X's are from today.

image.png.b2912d888fe9d63333f9a9ca88035629.png  image.png.18f857be06a523bc651feca0d2780176.png

The data on the charts are the same, just shown in two different types of charts (some people react better to some versus others).  With the exception of the one 7 iron I didn't hit very well, it shows I consistently hit the Callaway Paradym X's farther than my previous Ping G30's.  If you dive into a little more, one could attribute that to the stronger lofts on the Callaways.   Below is a table looking at the same data, but this time adding the lofts for both sets of irons.

image.png.247509288a4b940b90bfec9944b69048.png 

As it showed in the graphs, for comparable irons, the Callaway Paradym X's were 4 to 9 yards longer than the Ping G30's.  However, if you look at the lofts of each iron, the distance difference was not much different.

image.png.380efe04401e539c92e336bb438fdef1.png

For example, my Ping G30 has a loft of 30.5 degrees and yielded 124 yards total distance.  The Callaway Paradym X 8 iron has a loft within a degree of the G30 (at 31.5 degrees) and it yielded a total distance of 126 degrees, I know it's only one data set for the Paradym X's, but it looks like in general if I look at actual loft versus iron number, I hit both irons roughly the same distance.  More time with the Paradym X's will tell if this overall performance holds.

I'm travelling this week to a meeting and will be playing golf one day.  I have a free day that I plan on hitting a practice facility (as we don't have one in Key West) to see if I can build on the above data.

Great comparisons of the data here and comparing the lofts. I know the claim is though that they strengthen the lofts so they go the same height, are you seeing similar heights even with the stronger lofts?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

@funkyjudge  Im so glad you included the build list for your clubs.

That is such a nice touch to start this test!!

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

1 hour ago, Golf2Much said:

As I started breaking down my game at my home course, I realized that given my short distance off the tee I tend to hit more fairway wood positional or approach shots.  This often leaves me with wedge pitch and chip shots.  I was lamenting this to @GolfSpy_APH on the reviewers message thread and his comment was "Try an irons only round!!"  I thought about it and replied that was not a bad idea.  

This morning I played our back nine with just the Paradym X irons and my Edison 50 and 55 degree wedges.  On the par 4's and our only par 5, I teed off with the 5 iron.  It was the least lofted iron in my Paradym X set.  Plus, in the past several years I've struggled hitting anything more than a 6 iron.  My intention was not to score, but to put myself in situations where I could hit each iron at least once.  After teeing off, I'd check the distance to the pin and then look to distances where I could effectively hit full shots.  For example, if I was 200 yards out, I'd purposely hit a 9 irons and AW to the green instead of a 5 iron and one of my Edison wedges to chip on.  Finally, I also gave myself a rule not to hit the same club on back-to-back shots.  To assess the overall performance, I'd compare today's distances to my 2022 Ping G30 iron distances.

Truth be told, I've been struggling with my iron play recently.   Today I decided to try a few things to nudge my way to better overall iron play.  The good news is that the one or two tweaks I made yielded a more solid iron shots.  I still struggled a little, but nowhere near as bad as I was the last few weeks.   With the exception of my Edison irons, I've only played forged clubs in the past.  So, the Paradym X forged blades are a new and different feeling club for me.  

Here are some of my initial observations.  First, is the lack of feedback is feedback in itself.  By that I mean when I know I hit the Paradym X's well, I don't feel a thing.  There's no vibration and very little of the "clicking" sound they make at impact.  The converse is also true.  If I'm off, I can feel it before even looking up.  Though my previous Ping G30 performed somewhat like that, the Paradym X's tend to make it more obvious.  On a couple of occasions during the round waiting for someone to clear the green, I'd drop another ball or two.  Inevitably, the shot would come off the club feeling a little worse or better.  As I rode up the fairway, I noticed that there wasn't a significant difference in distance and/or dispersion between the two or three shots.  Good and fair shots all seemed to travel similar distances.   Hitting the Paradym X's today and over the last few rounds, I get the feeling that the overall trajectory is lower when compared with my Ping G30's.  If you look below at the tables, I get a feeling I know why.  For some reason, I tend to hit these irons straight or on occasion come over the top a little with a pull hook.  From my previous threads, I've mentioned that I've always been 2 degrees upright lie and with my Paradym X fitting, I ended up being standard lie.  So, I'm still working on getting comfortable with the flatter lie.

With the round over, I pulled the Shot Scope data to see how I did.  I was happy to see that all of my five iron "tee shots" were in the fairway.  You would expect that, but for me hitting a forge smaller profile five iron with any consistency is a win!  Next I focused on the distances.  Below is a chart off my distances for each iron.  The Ping G30 numbers are my 2022 results and the Callaway Paradym X's are from today.

image.png.b2912d888fe9d63333f9a9ca88035629.png  image.png.18f857be06a523bc651feca0d2780176.png

The data on the charts are the same, just shown in two different types of charts (some people react better to some versus others).  With the exception of the one 7 iron I didn't hit very well, it shows I consistently hit the Callaway Paradym X's farther than my previous Ping G30's.  If you dive into a little more, one could attribute that to the stronger lofts on the Callaways.   Below is a table looking at the same data, but this time adding the lofts for both sets of irons.

image.png.247509288a4b940b90bfec9944b69048.png 

As it showed in the graphs, for comparable irons, the Callaway Paradym X's were 4 to 9 yards longer than the Ping G30's.  However, if you look at the lofts of each iron, the distance difference was not much different.

image.png.380efe04401e539c92e336bb438fdef1.png

For example, my Ping G30 has a loft of 30.5 degrees and yielded 124 yards total distance.  The Callaway Paradym X 8 iron has a loft within a degree of the G30 (at 31.5 degrees) and it yielded a total distance of 126 degrees, I know it's only one data set for the Paradym X's, but it looks like in general if I look at actual loft versus iron number, I hit both irons roughly the same distance.  More time with the Paradym X's will tell if this overall performance holds.

I'm travelling this week to a meeting and will be playing golf one day.  I have a free day that I plan on hitting a practice facility (as we don't have one in Key West) to see if I can build on the above data.

This is a great analysis. Thorough. I have a question. Since the distance for each loft is relatively the same, what did you feel the dispersion was?

There are basically 2 reasons to buy new clubs, significant distance increase or tighter dispersion. For me at this point, dispersion is more important. I feel I hit each iron a specific distance so new irons would need to cover full swing for me 120 to 180 yards. Sounds like I can do that with the Paradigms by not ordering by club number but by loft. If I replaced the 6 clubs I use from 120 to 180, I would like each club to be 8-12 yards gap regardless of the number on the club. I am really more concerned with lofts. 

From each tester I am getting the feeling that these clubs have a medium trajectory. While I don't play around a lot of trees, I still like irons to flight high with a normal hit because I can always knock them down. There is one hole that requires me to hit over a tree and I want confidence the ball will get over.

If I were to add new irons, they would have to fly high and have improved dispersion built in. The Paradigms don't sound like the club for height but there hasn't been a lot of discussion from the testers regarding dispersion.

Please continue to post if you discover more quality info like you posted here.

BTW, maybe move up a tee or 2 once in awhile so you can hit irons into the pins. I tend to play 2 of the 4 tees at each of the 4 courses I play because I am in the same boat, the further back tee requires a lot of wood and hybrid approaches and the shorter a lot of irons. I still break 80 from both, but enjoy hitting a ton of greens from the shorter tee and the lower scores without stress. Playing both tees helps me keep a complete game.

Have fun with the new irons.

Beak

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Round three with the Callaway Paradym Irons. Today was a Men’s Club event so it counted. Number 1 I almost drive the green on the par4 at 336. I hit it 298 and a pitch lipped out for eagle. Birdie on the first! Second hole Hydrid, 3 wood then Callaway AW to 6 feet. Missed the putt. Solid par. Number 3: playing 165 into the wind hit an 8i on the toe and it still carried to the front of the green. Easy two putt par. My PXG’s hit that far on the toe would have been 10 yards short. This was a sign that these clubs are gamers! Number 4 driver Aw and 2 putts. Number 5 hit 3 wood and then a good solid PW but it flew 7 yards more than expected. I 3 putted from above the hole. That shot went 143 into the wind! Number 6 hit drive and a chocked down 7 iron to 8 feet from 172. My Goodness these clubs fly! Number 8 I had 162 and hit 8i over the green. Made a bogey. Nine was drive and had 189 pin. Hit 6i over the green. The one place you can’t miss, but made birdie with a great up and in! Time for the back. 
Number 10 hit drive and a LW to 10 feet and made par. Number 11 hit drive and had 128. Hit AW to 12 feet. Wrong side of the ridge and made a guarded par. Onto 12 and a fun par 5. Hit a big drive and had 186 into the green. Hit 6i over the back. Caught a bad lie and made par. Number 13 had 136 and hit PW to 12 feet. Missed the putt. Number 14 was playing 139 down wind. I decided to hit AW and with a full swing it jumped off the club flew to 12 feet. Guess who missed the putt! Number 15 had 135. Hit PW; however, it came out hot over the stick and green. Dead and made a good bogey. Ouch! Number 16 was 165 and hit a solid 8i over and into the bunker. Darn another bogey off what looked like a great shot. Number 17 hit a nice drive and AW to 6 feet. Of course I didn’t make it today! On 18 it was drive then 3 wood and pitch. To end the day with another par. 
Analysis: these irons are hot and easy to hit. I have extreme confidence over the ball! They are keepers!!

Edited by Javs

@Beakbryce, I did a little experiment on a par 3 on this thread that discusses dispersion.  

in general, I’ve found that I get a tighter dispersion with the Paralympic X’s.   Both side to side and especially length. 
I find the Paradym X iron trajectory is lower than my Ping G30 irons.  The jury is still out for me if that’s good or bad.  My home Tees Jones course has well protected small greens that benefit from a higher trajectory.  However, here in Key West, there’s always a decent breeze that would favor that lower penetrating trajectory.  I need more rounds in different conditions to help me make that decision.  
As far as moving to a forward tee, I’ve been lobbying for it for a couple of years.   Our men’s league (play 3x/week) has an age/handicap total of 85 to move up.  So either I need to get older or worse faster!  And they are my so called friends!

1 minute ago, Golf2Much said:

@Beakbryce, I did a little experiment on a par 3 on this thread that discusses dispersion.  

in general, I’ve found that I get a tighter dispersion with the Paralympic X’s.   Both side to side and especially length. 
I find the Paradym X iron trajectory is lower than my Ping G30 irons.  The jury is still out for me if that’s good or bad.  My home Tees Jones course has well protected small greens that benefit from a higher trajectory.  However, here in Key West, there’s always a decent breeze that would favor that lower penetrating trajectory.  I need more rounds in different conditions to help me make that decision.  
As far as moving to a forward tee, I’ve been lobbying for it for a couple of years.   Our men’s league (play 3x/week) has an age/handicap total of 85 to move up.  So either I need to get older or worse faster!  And they are my so called friends!

I am also getting a more boring flight with the Callaway Paradym Irons than I received with my PXG’s. The PXG Gen 5’s flew high and long. The Callaway’s flight long and more medium height, but jump off the club like a gun shot. I am starting to love these irons!

@ejgaudette, it has been my experience so far that even with comparable lofts, the Paradym X’s exhibit an over lower trajectory.   I’m still working with the irons to determine for my game, is it a positive or negative?  Time and more testing will tell! 

9 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

@ejgaudette, it has been my experience so far that even with comparable lofts, the Paradym X’s exhibit an over lower trajectory.   I’m still working with the irons to determine for my game, is it a positive or negative?  Time and more testing will tell! 

Very interesting I am guessing that most would expect that they would fly higher given the goal of these irons. Maybe it is just a testament to the Pings and how they perform.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Myrtle Beach - Rounds 4 and 5 with Paradym Irons:

In this update, I will be addressing rounds 4 and 5 using the Paradym irons (HZRDUS Silver 6.0 shafts) on my annual Myrtle Beach golf trip.  We played Meadowlands Golf Club on Tuesday, 5/2 and Tidewater on Wednesday, 5/3.  I will also provide a wrap-up summary of the nine full 18-hole and two 9-hole rounds that I have now played using these irons.

First, let me start off by saying that in the five official competition rounds, plus a warmup round, that I played using these irons in Myrtle Beach, the strength of my game in every one of those rounds was my iron play.  Even on the days where I didn't score very well, it was not due to my iron play.  Sure, there were a few thin shots (plus one fat one that I can remember over the course of six days), but these were rare ... and, of course, this was "operator error", not due to any fault of the irons!

Round 4:

In my fourth round, I did not score particularly well, and shot a round of 90, with far too many penalty strokes, all of which were the result of wayward driver and/or fairway wood shots. My iron play was still quite good, and I won $60 that day in closest-to-the-pin and skins money, all the result of my iron play.  I continue to find the Paradym irons to feel great on anything resembling solid, center-of-the-face contact. Ball flight with these irons is high and the flight bores into a headwind very well (the ball certainly helps, as does the ability to hit a knock-down shot when required).  I am getting better at selecting the correct club for the desired shot distance. As was the case both the previous day, and the following day, winds were VERY strong for this round, with steady winds of 20-25 MPH and gusts exceeding 35 MPH, according to the Weather Channel. In this round, it was necessary for me to hit several low "punch" shots into strong headwinds, and the Paradyms were up to the task on every occasion.

Because my long game off the tee was so horrendous on the front nine, plus the 10th hole (I shot 47 on the front nine with 7 penalty strokes - three OBs and an unplayable lie), I went with an "all irons" approach for the final eight holes, and hit the Paradym 5-iron off the tee on all of the par-4 and par-5 holes (and one par-3 of 188 yards).  I had four pars and a birdie over the course of these final eight holes, and even reached one par-5 hole in three with 5-iron, 5-iron, plus 7-iron.  The birdie was a thing of absolute beauty, with a 205-yard slightly downwind 5-iron off the tee, 8-iron approach to about six feet and one putt.  This won me a $40 skin!  My closest-to-the-pin this day also came on the back nine, with that same 5-iron to the 188-yard par-3 (into the wind - to a bit less than 11 feet).  Many of the 15 other golfers who played that day didn't hit this green, and before I posted my CTP distance on the sheet, the closest was outside of 20'.  Needless to say, the Paradym irons contributed greatly on both of these money-winning holes!  My total score on the back nine was 7-over 43 with an 8 on the 10th hole before going to the all-irons strategy beginning on hole #11.

Round 5:

Winds were even stronger on Wednesday, with steady winds above 25 MPH all day and topping 35 much more frequently than on Tuesday.  In spite of this, I was hitting the ball much better off the tee, particularly with both my driver and 5-wood. [A quick aside -- I hit two downwind drives of 295+ yards on par-5 holes this day, and reached the front of the green on one of these holes with a 5-wood and had only a PW second shot on the second of the par-5 holes where I cut the corner over some trees with my driver, only to dump that PW shot into a deep greenside bunker and take two shots to get out, but I saved my par with a one-putt].

The Paradym irons were still the "star of the show" during this final round, and I carded an 80 yesterday, but here is the caveat in that score: We were on our final day, many of the golfers on our trip had either very long drives home (including me!) or early afternoon flights, so we were allowing "gimme" putts (none were allowed the first 4 rounds) and instead of going back to the tee and rehitting on lost or OB tee shots, dropping where the ball went OB or was lost and taking one penalty stroke. I didn't hit any tee shots OB, and had no lost balls on this day, but I was given a few 4-foot "gimmes", which I considered rather generous because the greens were extremely fast and had lots of undulation to them. I did have one penalty stroke on this round for a ball that was right up against a tree trunk; thus, I had to take an unplayable lie penalty there.

My only misses with the Paradym irons, other than the slightly "fat" PW shot that I hit to the one par-5 mentioned above, were somewhat long and left. Some of this was due to the winds, but a few times my "long lefts" were not wind-aided. Still, the irons were performing very well yesterday, and every iron shot felt solid, with the exception of that "fat pitching wedge".

Six Round & Overall Summary:

I say six round summary, because we played a non-competition warmup round last Friday.  However, if you have read my earlier updates posted here, you know that we had strong thunderstorms  plus I jammed my ring finger on one shot on Sunday. Thus, I only got in 8 holes that day.

Overall, the Paradym Irons were the real stars of my $188 winning trip. This put me in first place on the trip-long money list, even though I was ineligible to win any money on Sunday because I only played 8 holes (only 11 of the 16 golfers finished 18 holes on that day). I most likely would have won both a skin and a CTP on Sunday, because I stuffed an 8-iron to 4 feet on a 138-yard par-3 and made the birdie putt. The winner of that hole's CTP only hit it to a little less than 18', and there were no other birdies that day except on a par-5.

After nine full rounds, and two nine-hole rounds, the Paradym irons continue to shine and perform above my expectations in most every measure.  My only real problem with these irons has been with distance control, However, I am getting that sorted-out.  I do think that I may need to flatten the lie angles another degree (they were already built to -0.5* lie angles by Callaway Golf).  However, I am going to leave them at the current lie angle settings until after my final review, as this is how they were delivered.

Final comment -- I absolutely LOVE these irons!!!

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

Round Four with the Callaway Paradym Irons in one of our weekly money games.  Made four natural birdies. Shot one over par. Starting to realize how strong these irons are compared to my PXG Irons. Example if it looks like 8i, I have to go 9i with the Callaway’s. Still flew three greens which caused a couple bogeys. Some key notes from the round. These irons are still flying with a nice tight draw. However, they can be worked both ways. I am getting good at flighting down shots. Especially, since most of the round today I was in-between clubs. Hammered a 7i 183 into the wind to hit one of the par 5’s in two. Hit a PW 139 into the wind on a par 3 to 8 feet. Hit a nice drawing 6i from 192 to 15 feet. Even miss hit shots are generally acceptable.  My accuracy is getting better each round with these clubs. However, I am not stiffing it as often as I would like. Much of that is contributed to getting familiar with these new yardages. The misses tend to be long. Each round I am more confident over the ball and expecting great shots. Confidence can take you a long way! They are about to earn a permanent spot in my bag! 

Edited by Javs
Fourth Round Update

On 5/4/2023 at 5:00 PM, Javs said:

Round Four with the Callaway Paradym Irons in one of our weekly money games.  Made four natural birdies. Shot one over par. Starting to realize how strong these irons are compared to my PXG Irons. Example if it looks like 8i, I have to go 9i with the Callaway’s. Still flew three greens which caused a couple bogeys. Some key notes from the round. These irons are still flying with a nice tight draw. However, they can be worked both ways. I am getting good at flighting down shots. Especially, since most of the round today I was in-between clubs. Hammered a 7i 183 into the wind to hit one of the par 5’s in two. Hit a PW 139 into the wind on a par 3 to 8 feet. Hit a nice drawing 6i from 192 to 15 feet. Even miss hit shots are generally acceptable.  My accuracy is getting better each round with these clubs. However, I am not stiffing it as often as I would like. Much of that is contributed to getting familiar with these new yardages. The misses tend to be long. Each round I am more confident over the ball and expecting great shots. Confidence can take you a long way! They are about to earn a permanent spot in my bag! 

I am with you regarding “clubbing down” with the Paradym irons, even into the wind! With my other irons, even the ultra-strong lofted Cobra King Forged Tec X irons, my 7-iron goes a bit less than 150 yards, but 155-158 yards is the norm without any type of wind assistance when using the Paradym 7-iron. I’m a 110-113 yard guy with other pitching wedges, but about 122 yards with the Paradym PW.  I don’t normally carry a 5-iron in my bag because I was only hitting my old 5i about 5-6 yards longer than my 6-iron (about 167-170 yards at best with the 5i), but I easily hit the Paradym 5-iron more than 180 yards (much more when there is any helping wind).  This is from a guy who generates only about 80-83 MPH with my 5 and 6-iron swing.

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

Round 5 with the Callaway Paradym Irons and use of the Rapsodo MLM. We played a two man scramble against our buddies. So, there wasn’t an individual score. Also at times during the scramble I was over swinging. Some key notes: the irons are now consistently 1 club to a club and a half longer than my PXG’s. Hit a 7i 183 through a cross wind to 10 feet. Nice tight draw. Shot shaping can happen, but the irons seem to want to move right to left. They do not balloon and you know when you hit the ball on the button. Only the face of the iron is forged so, these are different than the PXG’s. The Paradym’s are best described as hot players distance clubs. 
     The use of the Rapsodo MLM on the range has not yet produced accurate metrics. The instructions say that you should use premium balks for best results. The use of range balls of various quality greatly alters the data. I have found my range finder with slope on the course giving me the most accurate feedback. However, will continue to try to dial in the Rapsodo MLM. 

28 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I am with you regarding “clubbing down” with the Paradym irons, even into the wind! With my other irons, even the ultra-strong lofted Cobra King Forged Tec X irons, my 7-iron goes a bit less than 150 yards, but 155-158 yards is the norm without any type of wind assistance when using the Paradym 7-iron. I’m a 110-113 yard guy with other pitching wedges, but about 122 yards with the Paradym PW.  I don’t normally carry a 5-iron in my bag because I was only hitting my old 5i about 5-6 yards longer than my 6-iron (about 167-170 yards at best with the 5i), but I easily hit the Paradym 5-iron more than 180 yards (much more when there is any helping wind).  This is from a guy who generates only about 80-83 MPH with my 5 and 6-iron swing.

Yes, I do not normally carry a 5i either. Especially since I usually carry 3 hybrids. These irons are so long that I still might not need the 5i that much. When 7i is going at least 176 and the 6i is flying mid to high 180’s. For the 200 yard shots I feel more comfortable using a hybrid especially out of bad lies.