Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Callaway Paradym Irons - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Find the testers Introductions, Unboxings and Final Reviews quickly in the links below!

@Golf2MuchTesting Post Here
@MattWillGolfTesting Post Here

@funkyjudgeTesting Post Here
@JavsTesting Post Here

@BKervin Testing Post Here

Congrats guys!  I really like the Apex ‘19 irons that I am currently playing and am anxious to read your stories on the Paradym irons.

Cheers, BFitz

Putter: Taylormade: Spider Tour

Irons: Callaway Apex 19: 5-P

Wedges:  Taylormade Mill Grind 3,: 48, 54, 60

Hybrids:  Cobra Baffler:  3 & 4

Fairway:  Callaway Epic 3 wood set to 15 degrees

Driver:  Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero, 10.5 degrees

To start the testing process, I had my iron fitting yesterday. I posted about my experience, and it appears below my introduction. I'm really looking forward to getting them out on the course. 😃

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Updated personal data and additional information added last night to my introductory post.  Please see Introduction at the beginning of this thread.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 4/4/2023 at 1:07 AM, Javs said:

Introduction (4/5/23):

First off, I would like to thank My Golf Spy and Callaway Golf for the opportunity to be a tester for the Paradym Irons. This is a great opportunity and I hope to provide some helpful testing results to all my fellow forum members.

I am known as Javs on the site. I selected this because my last active duty assignment overseas was Task Force Javelins. My professional life was 42 years combined service in the military. Of that, 27 years were active duty. My active duty career ended when I was wounded in action in Iraq. However, I was extremely lucky and was offered a government civilian position as a Deputy Operations Officer for a training command. After spending 15 years in that very rewarding position I decided to fully retire. My professional life provided the opportunity to travel around the globe and experience things one only dreams of as a kid. Those years were some of the best and at times some of the worst, but almost always exciting and new. 

Currently my wife and I reside in Georgetown, Texas. We live in a 55 plus retirement community. This place is an adult candy-land! We are a golf cart friendly community. Soon this resort will be sporting its 4th gym and each of them has an indoor and outdoor pool. Additionally, there are walking trails, more clubs and activities that prevent even the most active person from ever getting bored. However, my personal favorite part is the three golf courses and all the new golfing friends! 
image.jpeg.dfdb97f118a9c5e8dfd6b032323c18ee.jpeg

Golf Background:
My first exposure to this great game of golf was as a young 8 year old. I started as a caddie for my Dad. He is the one who taught me the game and all the rules coupled with proper etiquette. At 13, I started caddying at a local country club and making decent money for a kid. In high school, I played on the golf team and we won our conference championship. I started on varsity all 4 years. I played decent competitive junior golf. Had the opportunity for a few golf scholarships, but chose to enlist in the military. When I joined the military playing golf was often placed on the shelf. I did have an opportunity a few times of playing in the all armed forces tournaments. While I would make the cut, I never could beat those Air Force guys that seemed to play for a living!

After retiring last May, golf is a higher priority and the love for the game has returned. Due to lack of play my handicap index was a 12 when we first moved here. Now I am a 5 index; however, (depending on the tees we play) my course handicap is lower. I have played on the VGA, our Men’s Club Events and play at least four times a week here. I am very competitive and really enjoy our local group money games. My goal for the next few years is to get my handicap to a plus and win the club championship.

As someone pretty serious about their game, I can also be labeled a golf and equipment junkie. A caveat here is: I have been loyal and attached to PXG since their beginning. The main reason I was attracted to PXG was the Hero’s Program. I can get all their clubs, balls, clothes and accessories at very reasonable prices. A look at my current irons:
image.jpeg.cac6dc13c9d1c0219b9c6264ddc3761c.jpeg

image.jpeg.e3f3576b73a94a4b09b29d1e234374cd.jpegTesting and Fitting:

While researching and testing the Callaway Paradym my approach is a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions. Let’s call it a possible paradigm shift in my equipment. I am approaching this testing with a complete open mind. If these perform as advertised they can make it into the bag. That said, the bar will be high to replace my PXG irons. So, my testing parameters are going to compare and contrast the Callaway Paradym’s against my PXG Gen 5 P’s.

image.png.2e8ec79a95699676a3d45beb4966447d.png

For the fitting, I submitted my fitting specs from my most recent PXG iron fitting. I am requesting 2 degrees flat cut down 1/4 inch. True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 shafts in stiff. Topped off with Golf Pride Multi-compound grips.
image.jpeg.f171df01238f6c42b4cab7a6565afdc6.jpeg
I am extremely excited to conduct this test. The Callaway site states: “Paradym Irons combine our A.I. Designed Forged 455 Face with the all-new Speed Frame. They’re designed for golfers who are looking for a players’ distance iron with a refined shape and premium forging”. Hey, that’s me! Their other claim: “Industry-leading A.I. face technology is applied to a high-strength Forged 455 face, creating our most powerful forged iron face ever. Each face is uniquely optimized for more speed, higher launch, and increased spin consistency”. Well that is a big claim! However, I did notice that the lofts in these irons are crazy strong! 
#5 23°, 6 26°, 7 29°, 8 33°, 9 37°, PW 42°, AW 47°, GW 52°. How can they not be longer? But can they be more accurate?

So, to sum this up we have huge expectations for these Callaway Paradym player’s distance irons. Will they meet the hype???? Stay tuned sports fans because we are going to find out!

When you played in those armed forces golf tournaments, did you ever happen to encounter a Coast Guard Petty Officer (later a Warrant Officer and Corpsman) who was no bigger than Gary Player and who played as if he was born with a golf club in his hands?  That would have been my younger brother, also named Gary like Mr. Player. He started playing golf at about 7 years old, almost 30 years younger than I was when I started playing the game, and played to a very low single digit handicap for more than 30 years.  He did very well in the armed forces tournaments between about 1971-1990.

Spoiler

Congratulations to all of the testers............now time's a wasting, get busy with the testing.  lol

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Missed this announcement.  Congratulations to our fellow spies on being selected 👏.  I'm looking forward to your reviews and in particular should any of you choose a composite shaft option.  Have a blast running these through the paces.  My quick evaluation at a demo day has me thinking you'll like them and leave you in a "who to play and who to bench" conundrum 😄

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Congratulations!  Looking forward to the reviews!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

For those interested, I posted my review introduction this afternoon.  Here's the link:  

It will likely take a week or two before we get the irons to test, so I'll take the idle time to comment on my fitting process and a little bit more of my existing G30 iron Shot Scope performance data that will serve as the baseline for my assessment.

I'm honored to join three other prolific MyGolfSpy contributors in reviewing the Paradym irons.  This should be a blast!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Really excited to see the comments of these testers.  

Driver Paradym X 9.5

Great Big Bertha fairway woods 3,5,7,9

Great Big Bertha Irons 6-Approach Wedge

Cobra Snakebite Wedges 52 and 56 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Putter

On 4/4/2023 at 1:05 AM, Golf2Much said:

Introduction (April 6, 2023)

This has been an incredible MyGolfSpy last couple of days.  First, I received my “500” forum ranking.  That was followed by winning Season 1 of the MGS Championship Tour.   Last, but not least, I was selected as a Callaway Paradym X irons reviewer.  I still find it all hard to believe!

I was born and raised in Rochester, New York.  After graduating with degrees in Plastics Engineering (yes, I know, “The Graduate”) I returned home and had a 27-year technology, business development and management career at Xerox.   In 2007 I left Xerox, moved to Key West, Florida and have enjoyed island living ever since. 

Since retiring, I’m living up to my display name, Golf2Much!  Last year I played over 130 rounds of golf with all but 2 on my home course.  My index currently is 11.4, but within the last year it was as low as 9.2.   

When I’m not playing, I’m still busy with golf. I’m the Vice President of the Lower Keys Golf Association which raises money to support local junior golf and high school golf teams.  I also maintain the local GHIN system. If that wasn’t enough, about six months ago I became a Florida State Golf Association/USGA course rater. 

My home course is the Rees Jones designed Key West Golf Club.  The classic layout has narrow fairways, small greens with false fronts and penalty areas, water or mangroves on each hole.   The course demands driving and approach shot accuracy to score.

My playing style is easy to describe:  I’m the golfer I used to hate when I was young!   On par fours I drive the ball 170-190, come up short of the green with a fairway wood second shot, chip on and one putt for par.   The shots gained numbers against my handicap peer group below highlights exactly what I’m talking about. 

image.png.14e8fa3ad7f4152e96db665b04cd23a3.png

Seeing those numbers, you can almost hear “hey you kids, get off my lawn!”

Some of the above shortfalls are due to being 66 years old and having enough physical limitations that many wonder how I can even play golf at all!   I’m expecting a few more yards out from my new Ping G430 Max driver, so my focus has turned to my iron approach shots.

I currently play Ping G30 irons with Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts that I bought the used seven years ago.  My data suggests that maybe it might be time to upgrade!

Enter the Paradym X’s.   Callaway refers to them as player type, game improvement irons with “distance and forgiveness.”  Given my situation, they seemed a perfect fit. 

I use the Shot Scope H40 and tags for shot tracking, so I will be providing comparable data between both sets.   I'll be sharing some of that baseline G30 shot tracking and performance data leading up to my review and why the Paradym X's might be a game changer for me.  My expectation is to use that data as the basis for whether the Paradym X's stay in my bag.  Even as a lifelong Ping iron player, if the Paradym X's out perform they will stay in my bag!

The last new set of irons I owned were Callaway Big Berthas back in the mid 1990’s.  Now almost 30 years later I have the pleasure of trying their latest irons.  I can’t wait to put the Paradym X’s in play and share my findings with you!

Rochester, NY, eh?  I'm originally from Lockport, and lived in Rochester for about 11 years after my discharge from the USMC (7 of those years were spent attending RIT).

Spoiler

13 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Rochester, NY, eh?  I'm originally from Lockport, and lived in Rochester for about 11 years after my discharge from the USMC (7 of those years were spent attending RIT).

In the smaller than we want to admit golf world, there's often less than six degrees of separation.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Great starts guys,

Can't wait for the unboxing and test process!

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

On 4/4/2023 at 1:06 AM, MattWillGolf said:

Introduction

I would like to thank My Golf Spy and Callaway Golf for the opportunity to be a tester for the Paradym X Irons. This is my third testing opportunity for the Forum: I previously tested the Evnroll ER11v putter and the Shot Scope Pro LX+.  I have been an off and on golfer since my mid-20s, after getting out of the Army in the late 80s. I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area and grew up across the street from Sharp Park Golf Course (an Alister MacKenzie design) in Pacifica, CA but I never played the game as a kid. I once came home from school to find a broken bedroom window and a golf ball on my bed. The first course I ever played a full 18 holes on though was Harding Park, host to the 2020 PGA Championship. Speaking of the PGA Championship, I am excited to be attending my first major, the PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, NY this year. I have Saturday tickets. I hope to run into some fellow spies.

My professional life started in the U.S. Army where I was trained to maintain and repair medical equipment. Upon my discharge from the U.S. Army, I joined a medical imaging equipment manufacturer where I worked for 31 years specializing in Cardiovascular X-Ray. That company had moved me all over the U.S. My first move took me from California to Connecticut for several years. Work then moved back across country to the Seattle area. In 2018, my wife and I moved cross country once again to be closer to family, this time to Central New York, just outside of Syracuse. In 2019 my job changed and joined the ranks of semi-retirement which now allows me more regular golf, weather permitting as I am fair weather golfer. At the end of April, I will be joining the ranks of the fully retired. We have one son, a former Navy FMF Corpsman who is now in nursing school in California. We are also excited to have a daughter in law join our family next February.

My current home course is Radisson Greens in Baldwinsville, NY. It is an 18-hole par 72 course at 6360 yards from the white tees. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. I have a Monday through Thursday membership there and I get out a couple of times a week. The course is very challenging, but I love the layout. It is tree lined and tight in spots with water that I have a real skill in finding.

I play golf because I enjoy being out walking the course and if good scores come then it is a bonus. I also am an equipment junkie. Not that I have the budget to truly act upon this addiction, but I do enjoy the design and aesthetics of golf equipment. And if I ever won the lottery, I’d become a putter collector.

On the equipment front, my first set of clubs was a Wilson box set with wooden woods. At lot has changed in the equipment world since then. My Ping G400 Max was the first time I was fitted for a club, and I have yet to find a reason to change it. I have two sets of irons that I switch between depending on course conditions. They are Ping G25 irons (I won these through work) and a set of PXG 0211 irons. I play the Pings in the wet conditions we have at the start of the season then switch to the PXGs as the course dries out. I have a PXG 0341 3 wood, a PXG 0211 3 Hybrid and the 4 iron in my set was swapped out for a Ping G410 Crossover #4. My current sand wedge is a Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14°. It was a My Golf Spy review and Most Wanted win that led me to trying Evnroll putters. I ended up with a mallet putter for the first time when I purchased the ER7. I was initially attracted to the idea of a higher MOI putter but really like the feel and consistency of the roll the ER7 gave me. I tested the Evnroll ER11v putter and gamed that for a bit but switched back to the ER7 due the “feel”.

20230404_223024343_iOS.jpg.c8cde1b17d51601122802191847a1d92.jpg  

I am also a member of the “Pushcart Mafia” with a Clicgear 3.5+ pushcart. This is probably the single best golf accessory item I have ever owned. The Grooveit Brush ranks a very close second.

This will be my first experience with Callaway irons. The Paradym X irons fit firmly in the game improvement category and as a high handicap golfer they should fit into my game. This is what drove me to put my name on the list of test candidates. In what I have read about these irons at their release the lofts are much stronger than any irons I have gamed to date. The 7 iron loft for example sits in between the 5 and 6 irons of my Ping G25 irons. I don’t really anticipate getting caught up in the number on the club in comparison with my Ping irons but will have to keep in mind the lofts. I am concerned about the build of the set as there will be a hole in my bag with regards to not having a wedge in the 50°degree range.

I won’t have access to a Trackman or any similar device to provide measurements. But I will install the tags from my Shot Scope Pro LX+ to see how these irons perform on the course. Most of the testing will occur on course. I will be looking at ball flight and accuracy. I would like to see higher ball flights and more forgiveness. Based on my readings, these clubs should offer me both of those things. And should I get those from these irons, these clubs will remain in my bag. The bottom line will be, am I hitting more greens and more fairways.

4/5/2023

The Fitting

I visited the Turning Stone Golf Sportsplex for my Paradym X iron fitting. Turning Stone Golf Course is in Verona, NY. The Turning Stone Atunyote Course hosted the Turning Stone Resort Championship four times. Notable winners include Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar.

My fitting experience is limited. I was fitted for my Ping driver and measured for Ping irons. As I learned there is difference between fitting and measuring. My Ping iron fitting was for a Green Dot in the Ping world which is 2 degrees upright. So this was what I considered my starting point.

I met my fitter Pat. I informed him that I wanted to be fit for Callaway Paradym X irons as I was selected to test them for the My Golf Spy Forum. He has never heard of My Golf Spy. But the person I scheduled the fitting with had and was excited when I showed up for the fitting. We then headed to the indoor range at Turning Stone. He had me take a few warmup swings with my 7-iron. He quickly stated, “That club is too short for you, you will need to go 1 inch longer”. Admittedly as a high handicapper I was a bit nervous to be fit and watched in such an open environment. Pat used humor and some tips to settle me down. The fitting fee was $100 as I wasn’t buying the irons from them. The “lesson” from Pat made the fee a real value.

After the warmup we headed over to the club area to configure the iron to be tested. Pat selected a Paradym X 7 iron head, 2 degrees upright. I let him know that I was limited to stock Callaway offerings, and he selected three shafts to try. Two steel shafts, an Elevate MPH 85 gram and an Elevate MPH 95 gram. He also selected the HZRDUS Silver 65. All the shafts were Regular flex and plus 1 inch. Pat stated up front that he didn’t think the graphite shaft would be right for me. And the fitting subsequently bore this out.

With my swing dialed in after the help from Pat, I started hitting golf balls. Everything was being monitored by a Trackman. This was my first experience with a Trackman. I have to say it's pretty cool. We started with the 95-gram shaft which I hit it pretty well and the best in terms of total distance was 165 yards. He then had me try 85-gram shaft which performed even better topping out at 171 yards. With the steel shafts I had a nice high ball flight that was between straight and a fade. Pat then had me try the graphite shaft. I was hitting them almost as far, but the shots were going left in a draw that Pat was afraid could turn into a hook. He felt I was more consistent the steel shafts. So, steel it is.

My final configuration is Paradym X irons, 5 through AW at 2 degrees upright. The shaft are True Temper Elevate MPH 85 grams, regular flex plus 1 inch. For the grips I chose Golf Pride - Z Grip CHEV Black (50g) with one extra wrap. The 7-iron session topped out at 171 yards total distance with 78.7 MPH swing speed.

20230404_223119025_iOS.jpg.1eb1eb6ccea935e8863964677aba0325.jpg 20230404_223103633_iOS.jpg.b3cdf9732620626195469d4122b36050.jpg

I’m pretty excited to get the clubs now. I was very happy with my fitting experience with Pat. I even took his card and will set up some lessons with him in the future.

Great intro and fitting recap Matt!  As you may or may nto be aware, I've been playing the Paradym X since Februjary, although limited rounds so far.     They are simply fantastic looking and feeling and performing irons.

Question what was your previous 7 iron distance, I know you mentioned you won't focus on the 7 to 7 comparions due to lofts, but indulge me on this one 🙂      Either way 7 or the lof of a 6-171 is pretty darn good distance. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great intro and fitting recap Matt!  As you may or may nto be aware, I've been playing the Paradym X since Februjary, although limited rounds so far.     They are simply fantastic looking and feeling and performing irons.

Question what was your previous 7 iron distance, I know you mentioned you won't focus on the 7 to 7 comparions due to lofts, but indulge me on this one 🙂      Either way 7 or the lof of a 6-171 is pretty darn good distance. 

I’m more than happy to indulge your curiosity. My 7 iron is… 🥁

my 140 yard club. 😁

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

171 7i that is fantastic! Congrats again on being selected and I look forward to the further use and on course experience with them!

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Not complaing, but how do some people get to do multiple evaluations, and some never get picked?

Asking for a friend.

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

34 minutes ago, Manny said:

Not complaing, but how do some people get to do multiple evaluations, and some never get picked?

Asking for a friend.

I am new here but this seems to be a good place to answer your question 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

18 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I’m more than happy to indulge your curiosity. My 7 iron is… 🥁

my 140 yard club. 😁

Cool....we're about the same you might be 5 yards longer.  But my previous 7 iron was closer to 125 to 130 😞 

So most of the testers are gonna be the same people everytime? I won't waste my time filling out a tester form if so

^ I made an ignorant comment. Thanks for those who informed me on the process of selection for testers and congrats to those who get to try some new metal.

Edited by Cameronpaulm
Misinformation

EPIC MAX LS 9.0 

MAVERICK 3WD 15

APEX 21 3 HYBRID

APEX 19 4 HYBRID

5-A APEX CF IRONS 

52 AND 58 ZIPCORE RTX 10 BOUNCE WEDGES

SCOTTIE CAMERON KOMBI 2012 

PLAY IN A LOCAL LEAGUE. 26 YEARS OLD BEEN PLAYING FOR 14+ YEARS

6 minutes ago, Cameronpaulm said:

So most of the testers are gonna be the same people everytime? I won't waste my time filling out a tester form if so

Neither will I 

Old man that enjoys golf for physical health 

6 minutes ago, Cameronpaulm said:

Where do you get that idea.   Almost every testing has a first time tester including some of the "bigger" tests.  if you actually spend some time looking at the selections over the past couple years you would see how off the mark your comment is.   But you gotta do what you gotta do. 

1 minute ago, Cab said:

Neither will I 

Great first post after 5 months of membership 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Where do you get that idea.   Almost every testing has a first time tester including some of the "bigger" tests.  if you actually spend some time looking at the selections over the past couple years you would see how off the mark your comment is.   But you gotta do what you gotta do. 

I just noticed similar names on the three tests that got announced today. Im not here to cause issues or anything of that nature. I'm new to the community and was genuinely asking. I respect golf spy for all they do and I will continue to learn the community. Sorry for causing any issues. I can delete my comment if you'd like. I really didn't even know it would be posted publicly. Like I said I'm new to all of this blog and my golf spy website. Apologies if I stepped on any toes. And congrats to the testers!!! I've demoed the paradygm irons they are in for a treat!! Love everyone❣️

EPIC MAX LS 9.0 

MAVERICK 3WD 15

APEX 21 3 HYBRID

APEX 19 4 HYBRID

5-A APEX CF IRONS 

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Nope, did you read the how to be a tester thread?  

it ties back to forum involvement.  If you choose not to read the thread and simply apply to be a tester, you won’t be selected.  The mod team is trying to identify people that have the commitment to perform the necessary actions that are part of testing and that is shown via forum engagement.  

THANK YOU FOR SHARING. APOLOGIES MY GOLF SPY AND CONGRATS TO THE TESTERS. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSIONS IT WAS "RANDOM" BUT KNOW THAT I HAVE THE INFO IN MY FACE I UNDERSTAND. SORRY AGAIN EVERYONE. ONLY HERE TO LEARN AND SHARE INFO DONT WANT ANY ISSUES 

EPIC MAX LS 9.0 

MAVERICK 3WD 15

APEX 21 3 HYBRID

APEX 19 4 HYBRID

5-A APEX CF IRONS 

10 minutes ago, Cameronpaulm said:

I just noticed similar names on the three tests that got announced today. Im not here to cause issues or anything of that nature. I'm new to the community and was genuinely asking. I respect golf spy for all they do and I will continue to learn the community. Sorry for causing any issues. I can delete my comment if you'd like. I really didn't even know it would be posted publicly. Like I said I'm new to all of this blog and my golf spy website. Apologies if I stepped on any toes. And congrats to the testers!!! I've demoed the paradygm irons they are in for a treat!! Love everyone❣️

It is a touchy subject.   The forum is a great place to converse with other golfers.  If you look at the biggest complainers about the forum testing it comes from new people that only have 1 or 2 posts or only apply for the testing.   As mentioned the mods are selecting people with some background on the forum so that people that get selected don’t just walk away and don’t honor their commitment.  Typically newer members get selected for small tests and once credibility is established you can possibly be selected for bigger tests.  I’fyou look at some of the recent people selected, they have 100 or so posts so it can happen.   Read the thread I linked and get involved and you could possibly be selected to test; it’s early in the year so there will be lots more testing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

43 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Cool....we're about the same you might be 5 yards longer.  But my previous 7 iron was closer to 125 to 130 😞 

All I know is if I get to thinking too much about the number on the bottom of the club, its gonna mess with me. 🤪 I'm also wondering if the shafts being 1 inch longer will have an influence on the distance I see with these irons as well. I'd have to defer to those with more knowledge on that one.