Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How Long Do You Keep Golf Gloves?

I have 3 Claw gloves I mix up and have 285 rounds on them.   The current pro glove has over 100 rounds; I finally washed it this week.   All are totally tacky, no loss of friction or grip.  One had the thumb end worn as I have a long sharp nail.  Wife put a few stiches in and it carries on as new.    They are 100% the best gloves ever made and I have been playing golf for 65 yrs.  Tom

I use a to have one glove until it fully explodes. Fit was never right and then I tried red rooster and was shocked at how badly every other glove I had ever worn fit.   The durability is solid and I look forward to wearing a new glove now because the feel is so amazing . I normally go through 3 ish gloves a year ( put one at beginning of season one at the middle of season and one for sim season)     

Long story short 3 months ish per glove ? I play maybe 5 times a month and some range sessions.

I can 3 putt from anywhere 

I usually get 15ish rounds out of mine, which for me is usually a full golf season.  In a good year I'll get 20-25 rounds in, so I might start a second glove.  I agree with some earlier comments about the rain though--once a glove has been soaked, it's never the same and usually finds the bin shortly down the road from there.  I have taken to keeping a pair of rain gloves now however, which don't suffer the same kind of hardening when they get wet--I'd highly recommend them if you play (even occasionally) in very wet conditions.  They also help in early spring and late fall when it's quite cold--a mis-hit blade really hurts when it's near freezing!

WITB: Callaway Epic Speed 9°, Stealth 3W, Titleist 714MB 3-pw, Vokey 52° & 60°, MG2 56°, Callaway White Hot Mallet

I use my gloves until they are either too worn, become slick, or too stretched out to feel good and be comfortable holding the club. I have not counted the rounds but I would guess its 3-4 months for a glove which would be about 20-30 rounds.

20240201_090746.jpg.dc912835512d12e8eee414097c7382a0.jpgRetired and love golf

For the last 3 years, I have been using Bionic Gloves (Bionic Relaxgrip 2.0 is the specific one I order online, but many retailers carry them as well).   They literally wear like Iron.   I played 135+ rounds last year and used 2 gloves.  And that is not entirely accurate, because I retired one of them to be my practice glove on my launch monitor, where I can some weeks hit a couple of hundred balls (easily-- often more).   I am not sure I have ever really worn one out in the same way I would have a common leather or synthetic glove.   And, you can throw them in the washer and they continue to perform. 

I purchased a new one for a recent Carolina golf trip.   It rained every day (7 rounds-- all cart path only).   The new glove was almost as good as a rain glove.  Rather than getting slippery and slimy when it got wet, it maintained its shape and grip.   Even after 4 days of playing in the rain, that glove is still the glove on my bag-- and I have played another 7 rounds with it since.  Still pretty much like new.  It's an amazing product (for about $17 to $20 depending on the model). 

I generally keep one for practice, one for game rounds, and one as a back up in my bag.  When my practice glove (finally) wears out, I rotate my back up to my practice-- the gamer to my back up, and deploy a new one for when I play. 

I checked my Amazon orders history:  I ordered one glove in 2021, one in 2022, and another in 2023.   I think I finally threw the 2021 glove away, but it was still completely usable -- just a couple of thin places in the common wear areas.  

Can't recommend this glove enough.   

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

I’ve been playing for 3 years now and, as a disabled player, with upper body and arm issues, my grip is crucial. After trying a LOT of different gloves I came across the TaylorMade Men’s Stratus Tech gloves, which I buy from Amazon. A two pack is £19.99. 
If a glove develops a hole or tear then it is discarded. That is a rare occurrence though. Mostly gloves will slowly stretch until they begin to feel a little loose and my hand slides around a little during my swing. That is my sign to swap for a new or ‘refurbished’ (see below) one. 

I have a few things that I do to extend the life of my gloves. 
Just before each shot I tighten the glove up with the Velcro. Then, immediately after, I undo the Velcro, so the glove is no longer taught across my hand. 
I remove my glove on every green to putt, then put it back on once on the next tee. 
After a round I make sure that I have carefullu placed my glove back into the packet it came in, which keeps it flat, and I pop it into a side pocket of my bag. I play at least 3 times a week, so they’re not likely to get damp in there. 
Lastly, when a glove has stretched a little too much I pop it to one side at home. Once I have two or three sitting there I add them to a low temp wash, alongside my clothes. When they come out again, I put them on a windowsill, not in direct sunlight, and allow them to dry. Then, once dry, and feeling quite stiff and crisp, I use a leather cream on them, rubbing it in until the glove is supple, and being careful not to use too much. I find the washing/drying method shrinks the glove back down to something approximately the same as when new, and the leather conditioner keeps them nice and soft. I estimate that I triple the lifespan of my gloves by using these methods. Eventually though the glove just won’t shrink sufficiently to remain taught during my swing. At that point I either give them to one of the guys I play with, who has bigger hands then me, or they get discarded.

Overall, I would say that six or seven gloves will last me the entire season. I keep new ones to wear when I play EDGA or other disability golf tournaments, and use refurbished ones for day to day golf, or practice sessions. 

Titleist TSi Driver, 3 & 5 Woods
TaylorMade Stealth HD Hybrid (4 iron)
TaylorMade Stealth HD 5-9 irons
Titleist SM9 46°, 50°, 54°, 58° Vokey wedges
TaylorMade Spider Ex Putter

FootJoy Rain Gloves have been my favorite for the past 8 years or so.

I started wearing them in the Summer when perspiration ruined too many of my leather gloves too quickly.  Wearing both RH and LH gloves are the answer when the heat & humidity get oppressive.

FJ rain gloves can last me 6 months in Florida.  I try to do something golf related 5 or 6 days per week, and if I rinse/wash my rain glove after every sweaty use, the glove lasts longer.  

After 6 months or so, I reluctantly retire my glove to my practice gloves, and have been known to sew them if I get a hole in one that's not too difficult to fix.  

I figure that FootJoy Rain Gloves have $aved me at least $100/year for the past 8 years, which is easily $800.00 !!!  🤑 🥳  🤑  🥳

After retiring from the PGA of America, I did some demo days and club fitting for various OEMs.

We play once a week in summer, only 20 times or so a year as winter in Canada is not golfing weather. My Kirkland 3 pack of gloves will last several years, so testing any glove is a waste on me. I keep them in my bag, with an old one to put my wedding ring in for safekeeping. 

Thomas

I have weird sized hands (Medium large or cadet large) and the 2 pack of weathersof footjoy's have been fantastic for me so far. I usually go to the range 2 or 3 times a week and play 4 or 5 times a month. I tried callaway apex gloves and they didn't last quite as long as I wanted (probably not the glove but because I grip the club a little too hard). I have medium large sized hands and struggle finding ones that actually fit. Apex gloves seem to split from being too small or slide around being too big. I did keep the apex glove for my garage net sessions and it works fine for that.

Hit em straight or hard, whichever works for you. 🫡

Like everyone else, I wear them until they come apart. One of my best gloves developed a hole in the knuckle of the ring finger and I finished the season with that glove. I have a rotation of 2 good gloves and 1 half okay that I use only if necessary. When that one gets horrible, I throw it out and get a new glove to put in rotation and the worst of the 2 "good gloves" gets moved to the 3rd spot.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym 
Irons: Callaway Paradym
Putter: Odyssey White Steel Tri-Ball SRT Putter (AKA The Space Station)
Bag: Sun Mountain Cart Bag 
Ball of Choice: Callaway Supersoft but always up to try something

I keep mine until there is a hole in it. I live in Texas so I need at least 2 that I rotate during the round because they get soaked with sweat. I think they last about 1 year and I try to wash them with soap and water once in awhile. I use the PGA brand, they seem to hold up pretty well

Just purchased the Member's Mark glove set from Sam's - awesome price and they feel great.  However, after only a few rounds and a number of hitting balls into my home simulator it's already starting to show some significant wear.  I may have to check out these claw gloves in the future - for now, I still have three left.

RMosbey

"I never rooted against an opponent, but I never rooted for him either." - Arnold Palmer

I used to cheap out and get whatever glove at the lowest price. Since I've used a proper fitting Taylormade tour preferred glove, my opinions have drastically change. It was a quick "ah-ha!" moment. My grip on the club is consistent and solid. I don't even think about my glove until its time to take it off in order to putt. It's rather embarrassing that it took this long, but I've arrived and understand how important your grip and connection to the club is.

:taylormade-small: M4 Driver 9.5 degree adjusted to 10.5 Fujikura Atmos 5s

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 2 D 5-wood

:taylormade-small: M4 4 Hybrid

:cobra-small: Radspeed KHS shafts 5-GW

:titleist-small:  52 Vokey sm6

:wilson_staff_small: 56 Wilson Staff full face

:cleveland-small: Huntington Soft Beach Premier 11s with a counter weight Superstroke grip

On 4/7/2023 at 7:59 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

This came up last night on our call with Kerry from Red Rooster.

How long do you keep your golf gloves? 

How long do you expect your golf glove to last? And what glove do your normally use?

Do you have a glove storage unit or do they just go in the bag after?

I realised that I replied to this last week but I don’t think actually answered the questions. So, short and sweet, here are my answers:

- I keep my gloves until they lose either their shape, grippiness, or get a hole or torn seam. 

- I play around 150-180 rounds of golf a year, depending on how bad the winter is. I also accumulate approx. 325 hours of range use across the year (4-5 hours each week in the warmer months and, perhaps 10 hours a week in the colder ones).
I expect each glove to last me at least 3 weeks during the season, longer in the offseason. That amounts to around 15 rounds and perhaps 15 hours on the range. I’m really happy if i get a whole month out of one glove during the season.

- My current gloves are TaylorMade Stratus Tech. They are by far the best gloves I have tried in the 3 years I’ve been playing for. I keep a ‘stock’ of them, in their original packets, in my golf or accessories bag. When I need new ones I will usually spend an hour or so looking at various (U.K. specific) golf company websites and also Amazon. I don’t use eBay anymore after I bought some on there and they just didn’t seem ‘right’. Nothing I could claim a refund on though as it was just a feeling. 
I don’t remember all the different gloves manufacturers and types that I’ve tried, but I have certainly tried at least one style from each of the major manufacturers, plus some of the cheap / on sale / unrecognised brand-name options too. 

- I keep my ‘active’ gloves in my golf bag, and my ‘stock’ of gloves in the bag I use to store my launch monitor, putting practice equipment, etc. 

Edited by TheBionicGolfer
Typos

Titleist TSi Driver, 3 & 5 Woods
TaylorMade Stealth HD Hybrid (4 iron)
TaylorMade Stealth HD 5-9 irons
Titleist SM9 46°, 50°, 54°, 58° Vokey wedges
TaylorMade Spider Ex Putter

I used FJ for years, and could not get a lot of life out of them. In October 2022 I made the switch to Clinch golf gloves, and I'm telling you, they are awesome. I bought two gloves, one for each bag that I have, and have not replaced them YET! Absolutely no wear on the gloves--I am not sure the material they are made of, but its bulletproof. I am a member at two courses with an at-home Sim, so they get plenty of use. 

default_ping-small.jpg.9f02fa6fb68f6bb9b6a4f9e12a1ad8da.jpg G425 9.0 Driver: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 S

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 3HL 16.5: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

default_ping-small.jpg.58c5c749389ff8d7c2bbef0785ff0c74.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 65 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.c582defdbf30afbfc6daaed45594990e.pngGen 2 0811 4H: Fujikura Pro 85 S

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.70d0971d1cb119b4c524ed52223a24c4.png 0211 DC 6-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX2 Zipcore 54, 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.8322028c7f1b45ccb91b50a4025fe7b2.gif 2022 Select Newport 2; Screenshot2024-06-20102640.png.8ddd17fe8171208d828937758e6ebd54.png M.Craft OMIO Type 06

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  ProV1x ; Linksmaster Bag

I really like the titleist perma soft gloves but am constantly going through them, maybe two a month. Any recommendations on a similar feeling glove that’s more durable? 

Current Bag setup:

Taylormade Stealth 9.0 Degree with a Ventus red 6X Velocore

Titlesitst TSi2 3 wood with KBS tour driven 70x 

Titleist TSi3 2 hybrid with a Graphite Design 85x 

Ping i530 4-G with dynamic gold S300 shafts 

Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 60 degree wedges 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TeI3

I prefer all leather gloves (no elastic material at all) whatever I can find at a decent price. I used to be able to get Taylor made RBZ gloves for about $10 a pop but I’m pretty sure they discontinued them. 
The all leathers don’t wear like the ones with with synthetic stuff.  Those tend to stretch out and lose their snug fit. 
Right now I’m playing a foot joy glove and I like the thickness of the leather. Should last a long time as the other all leather gloves have. 

D - Ping 430 10k

i - Callaway Apex 21

w - Volkey SM9

P - Evnroll ER5