Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cleveland Frontline Elevado

dback

This is my third season golfing consistently, improved quickly over the first year and it has leveled off a bit since. Handicap fluctuates from 11-13 currently. I have quite the eclectic set-up right now as I slowly add the clubs I want to my set-up. This year putter was at the top of the list but I was shopping on a budget. Most recently was using alternating between a Ping Anser and Ray Cook Silver Ray. I need more forgiveness than a blade offers but didn't love the super bulky mallet style. Enter the Cleveland Frontline series.

Putter Set-Up: 34" (I'm 5' 9") with stock skinny grip and plumbers neck for my slightly arced swing

Looks: I love the look of it. I'm a sucker for a blacked out club and with the the silver, milled-face I don't have to worry about the color wearing or fading like. Alignment aid is subtle but enough to help still. Looks like a blade putter with batman ears, still low profile enough to give it a clean look. The milled insert looks great, but it did take some time to get used to only part of the face being milled since the toes have tungsten weight. I have found this set-up with the combination of the alignment aid frames the ball well - helpful in hitting putts squarely

Feel: I found the ball jumped off the putter face a bit more than I was used to. This took some adjusting too but has helped me use a more controlled putting stroke. Contact is a bit clicky but clubface feels really stable through contact. Great feel with good contact but with the partially milled face and tugsten weights, getting off center hits is pretty obvious and gives immediate feedback. Puts a nice roll on the ball no matter where you hit it on the milling.

Results: By no means am I a great putter, 3 putt bogeys are my go to, but I have found those to be a little less common than they used to be. I alternate between reverse overlap and claw putting, and I have found it works for both which is perfect for me. Overall my putts are rolling better than previous seasons, missed cups have become lip-outs (may not sound amazing but improvement for me!) and my speed/distance control is more consistent than ever. Can't ask for a better value than this putter, looks great, performs well and less than half the price of a scotty.

C0632AF9-5181-4D14-98DD-EFDBAC62E0BF.jpeg

C09E29DB-F987-42E9-87D6-FCC9C614FFF1.jpeg

BE096B49-5379-47F0-8A62-D7ABDFF444BF.jpeg

9780215E-EC61-405B-B45E-2C141AB91B63.jpeg

Edited by dback
Forgot to add pictures

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

Good info .. just add a few pics, eg top view and alignment .. but especially of the haha "batman ears" 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Good info .. just add a few pics, eg top view and alignment .. but especially of the haha "batman ears" 😉

Good catch, pictures have been added!

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

Just purchased (2) Frontline sticks for this season to try- the 4.0 blade and the 10.5 mid-mallet.

CG22-Clubs-Frontline-4-Plumbers-2.jpeg

CG22-Clubs-Frontline-10.5-Slant-2.jpeg

Dr: :callaway-small: Epic Speed Max

3W: :cobra-small: LTDx

Hy: :mizuno-small: ST200x 23

Irons: :srixon-small: Z745; NS Pro 980GH

GW/SW: Edison 2.0 KBS 610 Wedge

LW: Edison 2.0 KBS Rev 2.0

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 8 w/ UST All-In

Ball: :bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS