2023 MGS Forum: Cobra 50th Anniversary Special!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the TESTING POST links to go straight to the testers introductions, unboxings and final reviews!

Testing King Tour CB MB
@chisagTESTING POST - Page 11

@Tom the Golf NutTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing Forged Tec & Forged Tec X
@sirchunksalotTESTING POST - Page 12

@CFreddieTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing AeroJet Irons
@Jnoble89TESTING POST - Page 12

@JerryBTESTING POST - Page 12

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM 1!  Sam, Chris, and Jason are this year's Cobra Member Special Champions!

image.png

Which team is going win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is going to win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?

• Team 1: chisag, CFreddie, and Jnoble89
    • Team 2: Tom the Golf Nut, sirchunksalot, and JerryB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

30 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Only if everyone then drives up to Wisconsin for a lesson and round with me! 😅

... Oh gosh golly doan cha know. Even Aaron Rodgers couldn't take Wisconsin. 😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

So to those of you that were talking about good short games earlier, today I was one of you!  (relatively)

Driver's been out of whack and I managed to save myself a few times with some really excellent wedges and short irons.  I know I'm ahead of ourselves here but the Aerojet irons and the Snakebite wedges are fantastic.  Getting some effortless launches. 

On topic, really feeling good about the putter, too.  As I get used to it, I'm able to hit my line really well (just need to work on reading that line) and my speed is better and better.  Ball seems to roll so smoothly!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

33 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Finally got the chance to hit the putt-putt today with the kids. IMG_2401.jpeg.0fadcee4af4b5e2bc1026453cc5b4b45.jpeg

Nice to have this place about half a mile away for things like this. 
IMG_2402.jpeg.ef383c287e655b8bf3d8fe598f596c11.jpeg

Made sure to bring my own Excalibur. 
IMG_2406.jpeg.e5029afd050c7c824ec2710b448f5900.jpeg

Pretty sure this wasn’t playing by the rules. 
IMG_2407.jpeg.e25103349507f942700f80fd61f74a05.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg.2ff10826bb39b4fe09ed168e60a0a0e4.jpeg

IMG_2411.jpeg.7740db8de4340972a739d99f6168445c.jpeg

Ultimately I won the day but was it ever really in doubt?

Why does your car have a butthole sticker on the back window?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

@chisag, love the write-up on the glow in the dark 3D mini golf course. I haven't heard off one like that before and it was cool to hear about your experience there.

@Preeway, that's a cool mini golf course you got to play, too. I love the replica of the Iron Throne and the fact you got to get a photo in it. 

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 80* and muggy sounds good to me right now, as long as there aren't any gnats/mosquitos. As we all know, everywhere is a trade off. We desperately need rain and JR needs some sunny skies. I am guessing TS has both, plenty of rain but plenty of sun and high heat to go with it. 

... I'll say this about Phoenix. It is easy to get spoiled in the winter. Other than several days here and there in the 50's, the moderate temps of 65-80 with bright blue skies is heaven for a golfer. But I imagine if it were like this all year round, I would take it for granted so the intense heat maybe 15-20 days during summer just makes me appreciate the rest of the year. It also helps that I enjoy 100-110* with low humidity as it keeps this ole football wracked up body loose and as pain free as I could hope for. But I never want to experience cold temps 🥶 mosquitoes and gnats 🦟 or heavy rain and lightening ☔ ⚡ for 20 out of 30 days again. That said, nobody likes 117*. 🔥

You pretty much nailed it. We could use a little more rain, if I’m honest though. So long as it stays away so I can my putt putt round in Saturday. 

I will say the winter months are sort of a double edged sword for me. I HATE the cold, but the little break during the snowy months make me look forward to golf so much more in the Spring. Granted, Missouri will have random 70° days in the middle of winter… so that’s fun sometimes. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, chisag said:

really like "Da'Bears" dig here...................................................  👍

I was so glad to see the Lion's beat him in his last game at Lambeau 😉

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

really like "Da'Bears" dig here...................................................  👍

... Amen. I could not be happier for a Pro Sports Team than the Lions. After so many years of suffering a myriad of close calls* and letting down some of the greatest to play the game in B Sanders and C Johnson how can you not pull for them? I of course want to see the Bears win the division, but if they don't I will be rooting for the Lions. 

* the mythical drop by Megatron that was clearly a TD and Swift dropping the winning perfectly throw TD pass when all alone at the end of the game both providing the Bears with an unearned win come to mind. 

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Amen. I could not be happier for a Pro Sports Team than the Lions. After so many years of suffering a myriad of close calls* and letting down some of the greatest to play the game in B Sanders and C Johnson how can you not pull for them? I of course want to see the Bears win the division, but if they don't I will be rooting for the Lions. 

* the mythical drop by Megatron that was clearly a TD and Swift dropping the winning perfectly throw TD pass when all alone at the end of the game both providing the Bears with an unearned win come to mind. 

I'll always hold a special place in my heart for Calvin - we were in school at the same time and it was such a treat seeing him live in college for a couple years.  Unfortunately, he had to catch passes from a silly DOG in the NFL 🤮

@chisag - welcome to host you and the rest of Cobra crew in Atlanta, although the weather isn't much better than AZ.  Sure its a little cooler, but that humidity will kill ya.  Let me know if you ever want to come play that kiddie course with me 🤣Screenshot2023-07-06at8_11_14PM.png.8a404b9151de68d97c16887640c4a04f.png

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

2 hours ago, chisag said:

It’s “don’t ya know,” which I’m pretty certain I said today. Also for sure said good gosh at least once 😜

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Rodgers was a man who had already determined he was playing his last game in a Packer uniform before he stepped onto the field that day, and I for sure knew he was gone when he wrapped his arm around Cobb and walked off the field. The Lions earned that win, no doubt. I’m glad to see them fielding a good team. 

#LeftyGang

28 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Rodgers was a man who had already determined he was playing his last game in a Packer uniform before he stepped onto the field that day, and I for sure knew he was gone when he wrapped his arm around Cobb and walked off the field.

... Are you gonna try and get Jordan Love to split the cost of the dozen balls you owe me at the end of the season? Or 2 dozen if the Bears win the NFC North? 

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Are you gonna try and get Jordan Love to split the cost of the dozen balls you owe me at the end of the season? Or 2 dozen if the Bears win the NFC North? 

A wise saying I learned at a young age growing up in rural Wisco, “don’t count your chickens before they hatch” 😜

#LeftyGang

Also a question I must ask since there is now some NFC North ribbing going on with @chisag & @JerryB I’m assuming Bears fans, with a strong inclination to believe @rkj427 as a Lions fan…

What brings you the most enjoyment during the NFL season? Your teams winning or the Packers losing? Genuine question. 😜

And before you jump on me for it, yes, the Pack will take some lumps this year, I am well aware lol. 

#LeftyGang

8 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Also a question I must ask since there is now some NFC North ribbing going on with @chisag & @JerryB I’m assuming Bears fans, with a strong inclination to believe @rkj427 as a Lions fan…

What brings you the most enjoyment during the NFL season? Your teams winning or the Packers losing? Genuine question. 😜

And before you jump on me for it, yes, the Pack will take some lumps this year, I am well aware lol. 

For me, since I have lived in the Detroit area my whole life, and I was 3 years old when they won their last championship for a variety of no good reasons, it was about the competition between the teams in their divisions over the years, as it once was proudly called the "Black & Blue" division where great defenses usually came out on top.

The Packers seemed to have struck gold with the QB position through those years, and honestly Rodgers ego got way too big for his head, and as good as he was for as long as he played, he always seemed to look to put the blame for falling short of Super Bowl titles on other's heads and not his own.

All the teams in the NFC North have had good defenses at one time or another through the years, and for me that is what football should be about. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

My mom's family are from the UP and are mostly Packers fans; I think we have two or three pairs of season tickets in the family.  For a time, my uncle was the head chef at the hotel that the visiting teams stayed at, so he's got lots of autographs and stuff over the years.  I've got a Raiders hat signed by Tim Brown.  I grew up as a Bears fans more for geographic convenience than anything else.  My son is a Giants fan and he can't explain exactly how that happened, either.  Giants played at Soldier Field last year and it was the first game I've watched, in person or otherwise, in probably 10 years.  For as big a sports fan as I was growing up, it mostly fell away in my early 20s.  I'll watch a little basketball, playoff anything, and now a little golf, but that's about it.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

For me, since I have lived in the Detroit area my whole life, and I was 3 years old when they won their last championship for a variety of no good reasons, it was about the competition between the teams in their divisions over the years, as it once was proudly called the "Black & Blue" division where great defenses usually came out on top.

The Packers seemed to have struck gold with the QB position through those years, and honestly Rodgers ego got way too big for his head, ands as good as he was for as long as he played, he always seemed to look to put the blame for falling short of Super Bowl titles on other's heads and not his own.

All the teams in the NFC North have had good defenses at one time or another through the years, and for me that is what football should be about. 

Rodgers definitely got weird towards the end of his run, no doubt. I’d argue that his arrogance and chip on the shoulder mentality helped him be as good as he has been. It also was detrimental at times and certainly didn’t help his public image. Pack have ABSOLUTELY hit the QB lottery with back to back HOF guys for 30 years, it’s nuts. I am very aware of how good I have had it as a Packers fan as I’ve only known Favre/Rodgers. I would go as far as to say I’m not the stereotypical Packers fan who thinks every year is a Super Bowl year, that all the other teams in the division suck, and that the refs are out to get us 😂. I am always hopeful for a good year, but I am EXTREMELY cautiously optimistic about this season. In reality it’s a 7 win team at best, but they could surprise me. My only wish was that Rashan Gary didn’t tear his ACL last year. I love that guy. 

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, JerryB said:

My mom's family are from the UP and are mostly Packers fans; I think we have two or three pairs of season tickets in the family.  For a time, my uncle was the head chef at the hotel that the visiting teams stayed at, so he's got lots of autographs and stuff over the years.  I've got a Raiders hat signed by Tim Brown.  I grew up as a Bears fans more for geographic convenience than anything else.  My son is a Giants fan and he can't explain exactly how that happened, either.  Giants played at Soldier Field last year and it was the first game I've watched, in person or otherwise, in probably 10 years.  For as big a sports fan as I was growing up, it mostly fell away in my early 20s.  I'll watch a little basketball, playoff anything, and now a little golf, but that's about it.

That is awesome stuff! Tim Brown was amazing. It’s been a good number of years since I’ve been to a game. We went to one every year until our oldest was born. Once they get a little older (and if I can afford the insane ticket prices) we will go again with them. I admittedly love the Packers with a passion lol

#LeftyGang

37 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

A wise saying I learned at a young age growing up in rural Wisco, “don’t count your chickens before they hatch” 😜

... Right up there with "Cheese gets moldy past it's expiration date" 😉

33 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

... Since the only position I played through college was QB I have always appreciated great QB play, regardless of the team. If they were good guys, I was a fan. So loved watching the Bears play against Favre but not Rodgers as he was always an arrogant azz, at least when it came to the Bears. Favre would never have said "I own you" even though he did. But I still appreciated Rodgers play. I always want to see the Bears win, but my only fun years to watch (other than '85) is when Cutler was their QB. If Fields learns to actually play QB this team could be fun, but I have serious doubts. He holds the ball longer than Kevin Na takes to hit a shot. 🙄 

... So I would much rather watch the Bears, Chiefs, Chargers or the Bills win .... but the Packers losing is a close 2nd and more because of the fans than the team. 

9 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Much rather watch the Bears win.   I also like to see my second favorite team win….which is any team playing the Packers.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Soo... when are we going to find out which team took the week one victory?

3 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Soo... when are we going to find out which team took the week one victory?

I promise I'm working on it... just so happens my 9-5 job wanted a 1st pass budget this week too 😞

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I promise I'm working on it... just so happens my 9-5 job wanted a 1st pass budget this week too 😞

All good, I figured you were a busy man! Those 9-5s are overrated, I tell ya 🤣

26 minutes ago, TSauer said:

All good, I figured you were a busy man! Those 9-5s are overrated, I tell ya 🤣

1000% correct.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Don’t they know there are MUCH more important things at hand right now?! 😂

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

... Well I wouldn't know about 9-5. My job is usually something like Call Time 5am and That's A Wrap around 8pm. Exactly why I only do it a couple times a year. 🤪

Love this, go play mini golf! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 hours ago, Bohnson said:

Love this, go play mini golf! 

I think it's a very unique challenge to highlight the putter. We're going out to finish up my 18 tomorrow night with some friends and their daughter. The husband is a former golfing buddy of mine and he's been sidelined for a while due to bad knees that he isn't quite ready to have operated on. It's a good way for us to get together and do something golf related and I'm pretty excited with that. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think it's a very unique challenge to highlight the putter. We're going out to finish up my 18 tomorrow night with some friends and their daughter. The husband is a former golfing buddy of mine and he's been sidelined for a while due to bad knees that he isn't quite ready to have operated on. It's a good way for us to get together and do something golf related and I'm pretty excited with that. 

... The irony was at my glow in the dark 3D mini golf adventure, once you hit the first putt you rarely has a backswing for the next 1 or 2. Everything was a 3D obstacle so the plastic stock putter may have even been a better choice since banging it of boards/metal structures and "others" would be damage free. But I do agree, it was a fun challenge for families and in your case an old friend. 🥰

The weather is looking good for tomorrow, the rain seems it's going to be early early, so we should be good for some putt putt! This will be the first time we've been mini golfing in 3 or so years I think... we're looking forward to it!