If you have an iPhone think about hiding an AirTag on/in your bag somewhere...

I've lost 2 rangefinders by leaving them in/on the cart at clubs and I got a strap and stuffed an AirTag inside. Now I know when I've left it behind and where it's at. 
I have another tag "hidden" inside my golf bag. Clubs are expensive and if somehow someone walks away with them my iphone will help me find them. Thankfully I haven't had to use either but it's a good peace of mind.

This story out of Arizona is interesting:

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/07/07/sun-city-west-golf-course-gm-recovers-members-stolen-clubs-authorities-make-arrests/

SUN CITY WEST (3TV/CBS 5) - A Sun City West golf club got payback over the weekend after it was robbed twice in the past few months. The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said thieves swiped around 12 sets of golf clubs early Sunday morning but what the thieves didn’t know was that an AirTag, a small Apple product that tracks its whereabouts, was in two of those golf bags. Briarwood general manager Phil Stika used the AirTag to track the stolen clubs and bags, which took him to a south Phoenix neighborhood. “I was looking for cars that had golf clubs stacked in a pickup truck or something,” said Stika. “When I looked inside the window and found the members name on the bag and the logo of the club, I actually giggled.”

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I have Tiles that I do the same thing with. Same concept but works with any phone.

But also, insure your golf equipment. For like $5,000 worth of clubs, bags, travel bags, head covers, etc. it is $60/year with State Farm. Lots of companies have what is called "Inland Marine" that you can add to your home/renters policies for this. They'll replace everything new if you give them a full description and value. Sadly they won't cover "personal electronics" like range finders and launch monitors.

WITB:

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 XStiff
3W: Ping G425 w/ Ping Tour 75S

7W: Callaway Epic Flash 21°
5i-PW: Srixon ZX5
48°: Cleveland CBX 2
52° & 56°: Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw
Putter: Mizuno M-Craft VI

• 2 weeks later...

I use Samsung air tags and put one in my golf bag for just in case situations.

PING   G430 SFT 10.5

PING   G425 SFT 3-5 WOOD

Ping     G425 SFT 7 Wood

PING    G425 4-LW Irons

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT TOUR #1 PUTTER

Titleist Pro V1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:05 PM, OssiansFolly said:

I have Tiles that I do the same thing with. Same concept but works with any phone.

But also, insure your golf equipment. For like $5,000 worth of clubs, bags, travel bags, head covers, etc. it is $60/year with State Farm. Lots of companies have what is called "Inland Marine" that you can add to your home/renters policies for this. They'll replace everything new if you give them a full description and value. Sadly they won't cover "personal electronics" like range finders and launch monitors.

I have a policy that covers my clubs, bag, accessories, as well as my wife's engagement/wedding set as well as her jewelry.  $20k in coverage for around $120/yr $250 deductible I believe.  Through USAA.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

• 2 weeks later...

I have an air tag on my keychain. Good idea to put one in my golf bag……

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have AirTags everywhere. Golf Bag, luggage, keys, car, my cigar holder (I lost two of these until I added an AirTag to it) My son's keys, My wife's keys. 

In the airport, I can follow my luggage as it meanders to the cargo hold. I have Tile trackers too and they work but the installed base of iPad and iPhones dwarf the Tile's installed base.  I haven't had to use it to find anything lost or stolen yet but I know my odds are better with them attached to things I care about. 

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     GX-7 14°
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      L.A.B Link1 33"
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

I superglued an AirTag to my range finder earlier this year as I tend to leave it in golf carts from time to time. Since the, I’ve left the rangefinder behind twice and tracked it with my Apple phone successfully both times. In addition, when I’m flying, it’s handy to see if my golf clubs are on board the plane that I’m on. So far, so good.  A friend brought up the fact that lithium ion batteries are not allowed cargo holds of commercial airlines but in checking FAA regulations they do allow lithium ion batteries in  cargo holds as long as they weigh less than 10 grams. The battery in the Apple Air Tag weighs 0.1 gram.

Kevin F Kelley

On 7/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, StrokerAce said:

I've lost 2 rangefinders by leaving them in/on the cart at clubs and I got a strap and stuffed an AirTag inside. Now I know when I've left it behind and where it's at. 
I have another tag "hidden" inside my golf bag. Clubs are expensive and if somehow someone walks away with them my iphone will help me find them. Thankfully I haven't had to use either but it's a good peace of mind.

This story out of Arizona is interesting:

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/07/07/sun-city-west-golf-course-gm-recovers-members-stolen-clubs-authorities-make-arrests/

SUN CITY WEST (3TV/CBS 5) - A Sun City West golf club got payback over the weekend after it was robbed twice in the past few months. The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said thieves swiped around 12 sets of golf clubs early Sunday morning but what the thieves didn’t know was that an AirTag, a small Apple product that tracks its whereabouts, was in two of those golf bags. Briarwood general manager Phil Stika used the AirTag to track the stolen clubs and bags, which took him to a south Phoenix neighborhood. “I was looking for cars that had golf clubs stacked in a pickup truck or something,” said Stika. “When I looked inside the window and found the members name on the bag and the logo of the club, I actually giggled.”

New feature on AirTags alerts thieves that an AirTag is “present”. That’s a good thing is you are being stalked. It’s a good thing if the cart washer is honest and really wants to find the real owner and if they have an iPhone.  Lots of ifs. The best practice is if the golf club has a clear policy to return lost items to front desk. It’s saved me from losing my rangefinder several times.  

John Blake

North Carolina

Only problem I see with airtags is that the tag tells anyone thats near it that there is a tag. If someones really bent on stealing your gear, it wouldnt take long to find it in a golf bag. Only so many pockets in a bag.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

Super good idea. My buddies brother had his entire bag stolen from the golf course shed last week.  They found the guy trying to sell them on marketplace but he quickly took them down.  He is a dirtbag with warrants for his arrest already so it doesnt look good.  I bet he sells them before the cops find him. 

WITB