Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Rory rallies late to win Scottish Open in style

Who are the bigger DBs?  CBS for the delayed coverage of the Scottish or Golf mag for sending out an email with "Rory rallies late to win Scottish Open in style" in the subject line hours before the broadcast conclusion?

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Neither. Golf mag has a job to do and they can’t cater to every person out there. Should they wait til a day or two after for those who recorded it to watch at a later time?

CBS has their priorities. 

Anyone not wanting to know the results of an event with delayed coverage, stay off the internet until you watch the coverage 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

No, they should wait until the coverage concludes.  There is nobody more important than the patron, the fan, the customer.  I don't care about player's or sports writer's points of view.  We pay their salaries.

If news networks can wait until the polls close before announcing election results, where does GOLF get off?

Edited by mardukes

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

1 hour ago, mardukes said:

No, they should wait until the coverage concludes.  There is nobody more important than the patron, the fan, the customer.  I don't care about player's or sports writer's points of view.  We pay their salaries.

If news networks can wait until the polls close before announcing election results, where does GOLF get off?

Their reporting times have nothing to do with coverage times. They have deadlines and that’s at the conclusion of play. There are other ways to watch if it’s not on tv right away.

Again if you don’t want to know the results of something stay off the internet til you watch it.

Unkess you are paying a subscription to golf mag you aren’t paying where salaries.

As for elections and news coverage it’s not even remotely the same. 

Edit: Actually if we use your election analogy. Golf mag did the samething. The results were in for anyone streaming the tournament and for those in attendance. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Their reporting times have nothing to do with coverage times. They have deadlines and that’s at the conclusion of play. There are other ways to watch if it’s not on tv right away.

Again if you don’t want to know the results of something stay off the internet til you watch it.

Unkess you are paying a subscription to golf mag you aren’t paying where salaries.

As for elections and news coverage it’s not even remotely the same. 

He apologizes to anyone out there who actually knows something about the media business.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:55 PM, mardukes said:

So we will leave politics out of this. Main rule on this forum.

However to your other point that nobody is more important than the patron... You're kidding right? 

Between commercial load and how so often in the US you have to bounce around from station to app to station the viewers are last thing that matter. 

I'm fortunate? I watch sky as I am in Europe and coverage was excellent. Almost no commercials for streaming (all in one spot too) and you could watch Feature groups on YouTube.

No foul play or anything here and nothing wrong. The dollar is what matters not the viewer. 

If the viewer really mattered they would have put live coverage on golf channel while it was happening and then replayed it right after for those on the west coast who didn't get up early to watch. 

Just not how coverage, tv contracts and media outlets work.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So we will leave politics out of this. Main rule on this forum.

However to your other point that nobody is more important than the patron... You're kidding right? 

Between commercial load and how so often in the US you have to bounce around from station to app to station the viewers are last thing that matter. 

I'm fortunate? I watch sky as I am in Europe and coverage was excellent. Almost no commercials for streaming (all in one spot too) and you could watch Feature groups on YouTube.

No foul play or anything here and nothing wrong. The dollar is what matters not the viewer. 

If the viewer really mattered they would have put live coverage on golf channel while it was happening and then replayed it right after for those on the west coast who didn't get up early to watch. 

Just not how coverage, tv contracts and media outlets work.

No argument!  But I'm not saying the fact is respected.

In fact that's the point.  Which is the worse of TWO expressions of disrespect for the customer?

No, I don't blame Madison Avenue -- I am thankful that advertisers are footing the bill.  But if everyone stops clicking, GOLF and the rest of the electronic media stop getting revenue.  THAT'S where the dollar rules.

Though I don't know what is political in this thread.  Perhaps I should have used movie reviewers not spoiling the movie climax as the example instead of newscasters.

19 minutes ago, mardukes said:

No argument!  But I'm not saying the fact is respected.

In fact that's the point.  Which is the worse of TWO expressions of disrespect for the customer?

No, I don't blame Madison Avenue -- I am thankful that advertisers are footing the bill.  But if everyone stops clicking, GOLF and the rest of the electronic media stop getting revenue.  THAT'S where the dollar rules.

Though I don't know what is political in this thread.  Perhaps I should have used movie reviewers not spoiling the movie climax as the example instead of newscasters.

The way the US has to watch golf is ridiculous so that would be your answer? However that is not just this event, but basically how golf is covered in general. 

Not that Sky is perfect, but I don't remember seeing any commercials but rather leaderboard scrolling in-between longer pauses.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)