Jump to content
Testers Wanted! ×

Forum Testing Review Recaps!


Recommended Posts

This is wonderful. It's good to see the work done by all of our testers being featured on the main site. Feel like it is a win-win for everyone. The main site gets more views, the forum gets publicity and the manufacturers get more exposure as well.

Looking forward to reading them all!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

I was a tester, and I have subscribed for the Sussex.  I signed up for every two months.  I had to accelerate one order because I was playing a lot of golf, which was wonderful.   It's nice to have a new one on-hand, and I also tend to rotate gloves in the heat, so reloading for that need made sense to me.  I suspect I will shift to 1/month until winter comes, at least until I build up a larger rotation.

Good to know - thank you for sharing! I could see the rotation in a round, especially this week with high 90s forecasted!

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

I was a tester, and I have subscribed for the Sussex.  I signed up for every two months.  I had to accelerate one order because I was playing a lot of golf, which was wonderful.   It's nice to have a new one on-hand, and I also tend to rotate gloves in the heat, so reloading for that need made sense to me.  I suspect I will shift to 1/month until winter comes, at least until I build up a larger rotation.

Is there a trick to softening the glove up when it starts to get hard and crusty?
Last few rounds have been really hot and the salty sweat is in the material. Can I wash it?

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really great to see this coming to fruition and hopefully it'll lead to more eyes coming to the forum and new, engaged members. I enjoyed the format of the article and settingr the quotes from the testers on the main blog was awesome! I'm looking forward to reading more of these in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Is there a trick to softening the glove up when it starts to get hard and crusty?
Last few rounds have been really hot and the salty sweat is in the material. Can I wash it?

Those are excellent questions.  I have not really encountered that yet.  The people at Red Rooster are extremely helpful.  If you email customer service and ask, you will almost certainly get a response.  If it's a solution, please share, as I too would like to know!

Sorry to hijack the thread, btw, but answering these good questions best I can seemed appropriate.  Mods - feel free to move them (of course!) if you disagree.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

  •  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (UST Mimaya MP5 40-L Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

First one is up!

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guide/forum-member-reviews-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/

Again we hope to do these for all the tests we have throughout the testing season!

That got me more engaged than the review itself.... That was really well done

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@GolfSpy_APH Awesome job on the writeup!

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@GolfSpy_APH where on the main site can we find these? The red rooster glove is pinned to the main page right now but is there a drop down? I pulled up the review drop down but didnt see a specific one for forum reviews. Are they hidden under the specific equipment sections?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@GolfSpy_APH where on the main site can we find these? The red rooster glove is pinned to the main page right now but is there a drop down? I pulled up the review drop down but didnt see a specific one for forum reviews. Are they hidden under the specific equipment sections?

I'll hsve up look into that. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

URL makes it seem like it is in the buyers guides section:

image.png.456e41877ac1c223c9a5e8e13b34b3f6.png

Not under that though...

image.png.bc6e61699b377ca074c4a28bf1628fcf.png

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

URL makes it seem like it is in the buyers guides section:

image.png.456e41877ac1c223c9a5e8e13b34b3f6.png

Not under that though...

image.png.bc6e61699b377ca074c4a28bf1628fcf.png

Yea I just wen into buyers guides and reviews sections and filtered down to "red rooster" only and nothing showed up.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yea I just wen into buyers guides and reviews sections and filtered down to "red rooster" only and nothing showed up.

Buyers Guides and then Golf Gloves is where it will be. 

I guess it just takes some time to transfer over as I have been told. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@GolfSpy_APH Is there anything specific we should be doing in our reviews to make your job with the recaps easier?

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s great to see the main MGS site recognizing the hard work that the Forum Mods are doing to make the MGS a great site for technical HQ and the forum less technical reviews more personalized reviews on the Forum. 

Great job Jamie, Rob, etc. !

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

 :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

 :titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png

 :Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I had a meeting with the new editing director for HQ and she is hoping to publish one of these each week. 

We also have some other ideas and things to cross forum content into the main site so stay tuned! But bottom line it's never been a better time to be part of the forum then now. So much going on and a lot more to come!

SUPER pumped about this! Can't wait to see what else is in store!

 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I had a meeting with the new editing director for HQ and she is hoping to publish one of these each week. 

We also have some other ideas and things to cross forum content into the main site so stay tuned! But bottom line it's never been a better time to be part of the forum then now. So much going on and a lot more to come!

The power and strength of the two platforms can only be improvised if they are cross promoted and the member interactions are stronger particularly through the shoulder seasons…

an idea!  
Looking forward to the ball test results in August. Would be great to see the top 3 at each speed range tested by Forum users.  Would be interested to see the results for real world users. 
 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

 :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

 :titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png

 :Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, IndyBonzo said:

Those are excellent questions.  I have not really encountered that yet.  The people at Red Rooster are extremely helpful.  If you email customer service and ask, you will almost certainly get a response.  If it's a solution, please share, as I too would like to know!

Sorry to hijack the thread, btw, but answering these good questions best I can seemed appropriate.  Mods - feel free to move them (of course!) if you disagree.

My message to RR customer service:

Body:

Hello, I have a subscription for "The Cape" glove and have a question about the glove itself. My last few rounds have been very humid and the material has been saturated with a lot of sweat. This seems to have made the glove stiff and I've lost that softness. Is there a way to soften the glove? Can I wash it? How do I remove the salty sweat that has accumulated? Thanks

Their response:

Red Rooster Sales <sales@redroostergolf.com>

1:43 PM (14 minutes ago)

Hi Jason,

Generally we wouldn’t recommend washing leather gloves although we have heard from a few customers who have done this successfully. I would recommend rotating 2-3 gloves during really hot/humid days and hang them to dry before storing flat.

Glenn

Sounds like once the glove gets crusty there's not much you can do about it and it's tough luck...

Not blaming RR at all; every glove is like this. Just didn't know if they had any recommendations or tricks/tips/hints.

 

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

My message to RR customer service:

Body:

Hello, I have a subscription for "The Cape" glove and have a question about the glove itself. My last few rounds have been very humid and the material has been saturated with a lot of sweat. This seems to have made the glove stiff and I've lost that softness. Is there a way to soften the glove? Can I wash it? How do I remove the salty sweat that has accumulated? Thanks

Their response:

Red Rooster Sales <sales@redroostergolf.com>

1:43 PM (14 minutes ago)

Hi Jason,

Generally we wouldn’t recommend washing leather gloves although we have heard from a few customers who have done this successfully. I would recommend rotating 2-3 gloves during really hot/humid days and hang them to dry before storing flat.

Glenn

Sounds like once the glove gets crusty there's not much you can do about it and it's tough luck...

Not blaming RR at all; every glove is like this. Just didn't know if they had any recommendations or tricks/tips/hints.

 

I will add the glove rotation Trick makes a world of a difference.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

My message to RR customer service:

Body:

Hello, I have a subscription for "The Cape" glove and have a question about the glove itself. My last few rounds have been very humid and the material has been saturated with a lot of sweat. This seems to have made the glove stiff and I've lost that softness. Is there a way to soften the glove? Can I wash it? How do I remove the salty sweat that has accumulated? Thanks

Their response:

Red Rooster Sales <sales@redroostergolf.com>

1:43 PM (14 minutes ago)

Hi Jason,

Generally we wouldn’t recommend washing leather gloves although we have heard from a few customers who have done this successfully. I would recommend rotating 2-3 gloves during really hot/humid days and hang them to dry before storing flat.

Glenn

Sounds like once the glove gets crusty there's not much you can do about it and it's tough luck...

Not blaming RR at all; every glove is like this. Just didn't know if they had any recommendations or tricks/tips/hints.

 

I've been playing with two of the Sussex gloves (previously had the Cape and after regular use of 6 months or so, it also got pretty crusty - pretty much par for the course in my experience of playing out here in SoCal heat, but it usually took less time, for what it's worth), and a Costco glove, and alternating every three holes - this has kept all three in pretty incredible shape, all things considered.  

I've washed their (RR's) Range Rooster and had pretty good success there, but I'd be at least a little nervous about throwing it in the wash.  That said, if you WERE to do it, I'd put it in a mesh bag (usually used for delicates), as that way the velcro doesn't stick to anything in the washer, and then lay flat to dry.  I mean, if it's crusty, it's not going to get worse, really, as I can't play my gloves when they get like that, so it might totally be worth a shot.

However, if you DO wash it, please come back and let us know if it worked for you - or not 🙂  Not making you be the guinea-pig, but...;) 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (4-PW) - Caley 01T (4-PW)
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I've been playing with two of the Sussex gloves (previously had the Cape and after regular use of 6 months or so, it also got pretty crusty - pretty much par for the course in my experience of playing out here in SoCal heat, but it usually took less time, for what it's worth), and a Costco glove, and alternating every three holes - this has kept all three in pretty incredible shape, all things considered.  

I've washed their (RR's) Range Rooster and had pretty good success there, but I'd be at least a little nervous about throwing it in the wash.  That said, if you WERE to do it, I'd put it in a mesh bag (usually used for delicates), as that way the velcro doesn't stick to anything in the washer, and then lay flat to dry.  I mean, if it's crusty, it's not going to get worse, really, as I can't play my gloves when they get like that, so it might totally be worth a shot.

However, if you DO wash it, please come back and let us know if it worked for you - or not 🙂  Not making you be the guinea-pig, but...;) 

Good call; I'll throw it in the wash with my gym stuff in a bag and air dry.

Will follow-up to let you know how it goes.

DriverPING G425 Max
Woods- PING G 3w, Sub70 pro 4w, 
Callaway UW 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Good call; I'll throw it in the wash with my gym stuff in a bag and air dry.

Will follow-up to let you know how it goes.

I have never washed gloves before does it work?

 

 Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

 Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

I have never washed gloves before does it work?

 

giphy.gif

 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Warrior Golf (don't ask)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (4-PW) - Caley 01T (4-PW)
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

giphy.gif

 

Failed patience all 4 years of kindergarden. 

 Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

 Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonderful news! I often find myself going “I wonder if the review of “insert thing” is done but without an update system I just have to either continuously check the posts or (more often than not) forget all about it and never find out the results of the testing. This will be a marked improvement!

Currently in the bag:

Callaway Epic Flash 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Very nice write-up! Quickly highlights the differences the golfer can make in regards to ball choice. Seems like some had increased performance and others had decreased performance. Same with feel. Very interesting.

WITB:

Driver:  PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.pngGen4 0811X (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_35px.png.0d6d0e557d5c18a58903aaf05ed572ff.png3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:  Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png  286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:  Vice_logo.png.729a77999807d43babe4f3f658d6165c.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_35px.png.20ce36ace6486597a4b0794c46c1fd5c.pngTour S

Pushcart: clicgear_logo.png.44ad85f06b123725c8fca94cb49899a3.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great work!@Tijoli@Placasse61@Contron@Lee Stanek@richk9holes

Great examples for a golf ball review, very helpful!

  • Driver [ON PROBATION]: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White Xlink 65g, Stiff flex
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:Sub70: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted), Single-bend graphite/steel shaft, :garsen: Ultimate grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

 2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BallsLeon said:

Great work!@Tijoli@Placasse61@Contron@Lee Stanek@richk9holes

Great examples for a golf ball review, very helpful!

I’ve continued to use the ELIXRs and my distance has consistently stayed much longer than other balls!  Love, love, love them!!

Tijoli

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...