Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Anyone fit at pxg?

4putt4me

Looking to do a driver fitting in the next couple of days and just recently had a pxg store open in the Cincinnati area. They are having a fitting sale going for around $12.50. I’m curious if anyone has been fit at a pxg and your experience. Do they push to update to premium shafts? And what are your thoughts on the drivers? 
also if you were fit for other drivers what were your thoughts in comparison of results. Thanks 

J. Christman 

I have been fitted for my driver and irons at pxg. The experience is good.  I was not pushed to a premium shaft. I did hit a tour ad shaft that was slightly better for me than the hazardous shaft that was not an upgrade.  The fitter that helped me said it was probably not worth upgrading, but if I wanted to it was my choice.  The only negative is you only get to hit PXG.  That being said all but 2 of my clubs in my bag are PXG, and I'm very happy with them.

PXG 0211 irons and wedges

PXG Gen 4 3 hybrid

PXG Proto driver

Callaway Rogue 3 wood

TaylorMade Spider putter

All x-stiff

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Yes, A few times. I've had a long-standing relationship with my fitter. He was once the regional PXG fitter working out of one of the nicer pubic courses in town until they opened the Detroit store. I am also friends with the regional Taylormade fitter and just did a fitting last Saturday. Both fitting are on par with each other and there is nothing in my opinion that separates one from the other except the atmosphere at the PXG facilities feels more personal and attentive. Whether or not you buy anything, I believe you will enjoy the experience. 

It has been a good experience for me, especially with the veterans discount.  Last summer, I was fit for irons,  Here in Charleston, SC, you go to the range of a very nice private club.  I had Callaway Mavrick irons at the time.  I was able to hit 0211, Gen 3, 4 and 5 XP irons and see the ball flight and a Trackman.  At the time the Gen 3’s were $99.00 each if I recall correctly.  After hitting them all, my fitter said I hit the Gen 3 clubs with better ball flight and distance, which I could see.  Stock Project X shaft.  Did not push anything.  Two months ago, I wanted to see if something might improve on my Ping G400 max driver and Ping G410 fairways.  Hit the Gen6 XF driver with probably 6 different shafts.  Nothing was pushed on me.  But I knew the Graphite Design AD HD shaft was the one.  Just by feel, and ball flight.  It was a $200.00 upgrade, but retail on that shaft is $400.00.  End result, got a great driver and shaft for what  Callaway or Ping with stock shaft would have cost.  Fairway wood, the fitter suggested I hold off on 7 wood since I did not use it a lot.  But picked up 5 wood with stock shaft which still beat out the Ping G410.   Never was there any pressure to upgrade or buy anything.  It was based on the numbers and data and how the clubs felt to me.  Sure, I only hit PXG clubs, but had the opportunity to hit more shafts and club models than any fitting I have ever had.  And I have been to one the top clubfitters in the country.  Sure you are locked into their ecosystem, but like Apple, it is a pretty good ecosysterm.

Also had a PXG fitting earlier this year. Driver and irons before the new generation came out. Went back for a putter fitting as well. Enjoyed the fitting, and happy with the clubs. The 3 wood is a club i can hit decent now.

The putter, i think is awesome!

Taylormade Stealth Driver and Irons

ProV1X

I had a full bag fitting last October in Cincinnati at their old location and it all went well.

Recently, I felt that I was ballooning my PXG 0311 XF driver with a lot of backspin and not getting any roll only carry on my drives.

I went to the new Cincinnati location and had a driver fitting. After hitting many different PXG driver combinations of shafts and weighting including the new Gen 6 along with my current driver, the data showed that I was getting good overall distance and control with my current set-up. The fitter put no pressure on me to upgrade and even stated that I should save my money and stick with what I have currently.

So, all in all, it was a very good experience.

I recently had an iron fitting with them and it was a great experience.  Very thorough, state-of-art facilities and equipment, knowledgeable staff, and no pressure to purchase.  Add the fact that their products are well designed and competitively priced (particularly w/Hero's program), and you can do much worse.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Did my putter fitting at PXG last fall; also did a 3-wood fitting but didn’t buy anything. There was zero pressure to upgrade/buy anything, which honestly was both a good and bad thing.

Putter fitting was solid; he got a sense of what I wanted (consistency/stability), recommended one, and then had me try a couple more to make sure. Honestly I wish he had been a bit more structured - it was basically me doing stuff on my own and trying to figure out what I liked/didn’t like for grips/head/shaft/etc. without much help. Felt like I wasted a good amount of time as a result. I ended up upgrading to the M16 shaft in the end, but the fitter didn’t pressure it at all. Literally just had me try the stock and upgrade shafts and let me figure it out. 

The wood fitting was pretty disappointing. Didn’t talk about really any details/what I wanted out of the club, just got swing speed and threw a few different shafts in a head without any dialogue. No upselling…but also not really any selling at all. Thinking of going back to do another fitting just because it’s so cheap, but the first time around was not useful at all. 

Edited by APFA2315
Typo

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9*

3W: Titleist TS1 13.5*

5 Wood: TaylorMade Burner 18*

3h/4h: Adams IdeaTech A4 19*/22*

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec (5-P)

Wedges: Cobra Forged Tec 50*, Vokey SM7 M Grind 54*/60*

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack