Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Forum Re-Testing Opportunity: MacGregor MT86 Irons! Sign Up Now!

GolfSpy_APH

It's Monday for me so this opens up! Surprise! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

From a looks standpoint, these were my absolute favorite looking irons of 2023. The nostalgia they fill me with, is like a warm hug. The only thing that kept me from signing up for this test was timing. While I have tested my set of irons this year and are still quite happy with them, I must admit to a bit of envy for the member that gives these a go and gets to write about their experience. Good luck to those that apply, I will be following along and living vicariously through you!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, unccross said:

Awesome, Great opportunity for someone!  Good luck spies.  Love this second chance opportunities! 

It has been great to see the community receive these additional opportunities. It is also something I hope will continue moving forward for those where the product may not quite be a perfect fit. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Nostalgic says it all. Perhaps the premier look for 2023. They are a classic now. They were almost 60 years ago when I owned them as my first set. Always thought it would be great to go back and relive the look and feel. What a great opportunity. Great to see a member being so generous . Current irons, Mizuno 921’s Pro’s with Recoil F3 shafts. They have been my go to irons for the past 8 months. Just not getting the distance I had hoped. 

IMG_1058.jpeg

Edited by PJVicary

Using Cure CX3 putter

Great looking irons and amazing opportunity for someone to give these a good test!

😁  NOW, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS IF YOU WANT TO TEST.... 😁

Good luck to all that apply!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

These were on my short list this year. Brings back so many memories. 

So thrilled that the community has gotten on board with these retesting opportunities.   Truly shows the kind of community we have here. Good luck all

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Love to try different irons. 

I have Callaway edge 6-SW, regular flex graphite.   I hit them ok but plan on trying  the Kirkland Signature when they're available.  

Anything I can do to get a better idea what works best for my game is the goal. If my review helps anyone else, that's icing on the cake. 

20231211_072558.jpg

20231211_072536.jpg

20231211_072519.jpg

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I drooled when the MT86 irons came up for testing.  They remind me so much if my first irons, some MacGregor Mike Souchak’s.  If not for other testing I’m involved with they would be on my first in line to try list.  Good luck to the Spy chosen to give them a second test as these look to be sone really great irons!  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Great opportunity for a member here to get this set and put them through their paces to see if they may improve your game.

Best to all who apply, and looking forward to the additional comments and review.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

This place never ceases to amaze me!  I need to read through the MT86 testing thread as these are in my specs.  Good luck to all those that apply!

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Another solid move, love to see this!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My first irons were MacGregor Colorcrome tourneys. I used them all through college and when I started my PGA career at Scarsdale CC. I later used them to shoot 67 in a tournament at Grossingers CC where I was an assistant pro. Since then I get new irons almost every year....but not MacGregor. I would be honored to use them again. JJordan

Very COOL! Another "gift" for a lucky tester! Best of luck to everyone who signs up. Clubs look great

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w - Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Ball - Sirxon Z Star XV

I would love to test these irons out.

My current set is the King Tour Irons.

IMG_0566.jpeg.7617aa57010162ed2a37b211a6483f85.jpeg

I was selected for the Cobra Testing earlier in the year but although The Gap, PW, 9 are fantastic I am having issues with the 8, 7, 6 and I don’t have a 5 iron. 

Turns out that our spec’s are similar. My Cobra’s are + 1/2” and they have recoil graphite shafts in regular flex. I’m 1 degree flat but I can have them adjusted.

I was going to re-shaft my old Sub Seventy 8, 7, and 6 irons (currently steel, stiff, and +1/4) and swap them out but since I am an old MacGregor fan I thought this might be the perfect solution. I can play year round in my area so I’ll  know rather quickly if this is a good fit. If I am afforded the opportunity and for some reason it doesn’t work out I will put them back out to our members for a retest as well.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I think it's great that people give up these items when they realize the tested product just isn't for them.  That's a great contribution to the camaraderie of this group.

I can't justify throwing my name in the hat on this one: I have a nice set of Titleist T400's, configured just about like the ones being tested (1/2 longer but I have a senior flex shaft) and wouldn't be testing them to replace my current set anyway.

Good luck to whoever does get this opp; I sincerely hope it works out for you.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

Very nice gesture putting these back up! They are beautiful amd i would love to try them but I would need to reshaft and get them bent so good luck to the Spy that gets chosen!

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

I currently play Srixon ZX4 irons, 3/4" long with Recoil 95 shafts.  They are my gamers because I like forgiveness the thicker soles offer and tendonitis forced me into graphite shafts in my irons and wedges last year.  These irons have been great for me and the only reason I am considering replacing them is they are very low spin and strong lofted which causes some gapping issues.  I recently added another wedge to address the gapping issue, but would still like some more spin to help hold greens with my irons.  I am not a high spin player, but my 50 degree wedge spins around 9000 rpm while my 9 iron spins less than 6000.  @Hook DeLoft mentioned in his review that the MT86 irons produced more spin than other hollow bodied iron he's tried in the past, so these may be just what I'm looking for.   My golf season is pretty much over where I live.  I might get out for a round here or there if we get a unseasonably warm day, but for the most part all testing would be done on my simulator until next spring so please don't consider me if outdoor testing is expected.  Other than that, thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to seeing how these irons work out for whoever ends up with them. 

20221116_172518 (2).jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Such a cool opportunity! As of right now I play the Honma TW-X irons. They are a similar hollow body construction and I'm quite pleased with them. I had McGregor V-Foil 1025C irons since new and played then until these Honma irons and they were so good. At the time only 2nd in forging to Mizuno. Would love to test the comeback irons! I have an SC300 launch monitor to compare numbers.

20231211_074041.jpg

I'd love an opportunity to test these out.  I've had a number of MacGregor sets in the past.  Some of the original MT's, some V-Foil blades, M675's, MT Pro CB's, and some M685's have been in the bag at one time or another (and probably some other sets I'm forgetting).  I'm 6'1", so the overlength and upright lie should be pretty close.   Regular flex is what I play, so the shaft flex should be good.  My current set of irons is some PRGR iD Black forged on Zelos 7 in a regular flex.  

I am horribly addicted to switching things out and trying different things.  I get to the course a couple times a week, so shouldn't have any trouble getting time in with these (and it's a great excuse for the wife that I need to go to the course!).  I've attached a photo of the PRGR's, calling them my current gamers (at least for today).

I hope this "resume" gets me in the running for the test.

PRGR iron set.jpg

Good luck Spies. Would love to but...Da darn snow be blowin my way.  have fun for the lucky person.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Behold my bogey golf set. aka “the old  Japanese business man” golf set ( because Cleveland and Bridgestone). I have been using this set for over a year now and I have been using the good old halo since high school golf. Full set is stiff Flex- DG pro s300. Not gonna lie it was a bitter pill to swallow playing a higher ball flight and going 5-pw but it gets results and at this point in my game I have come to embrace it. I would love to give the  Macgregors a try. I actually grew up playing the MAC techs in high school (5.5 rifles) and learned how to play on my dad’s set of tourney VIPs (2000s) both of which I still have in the garage. I play about once a week so you know they will be going to someone who will use and appreciate them. 

0?ui=2&ik=7a00ad15cd&attid=0.1.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1785137353915152391&th=18c614f71f64b807&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_tJASj7xjB2dkNGQkwUV8KYS5TuhOFw29RCfxZEmBVXWpOw_eTizYHV23ayzvP3OTqPUAtAwrJ8o4_zltA9LtnTbGP6RPEmHAc9LRY7Ucs4B-nBi17AcZ4CJ8&disp=emb

0?ui=2&ik=7a00ad15cd&attid=0.1.3&permmsgid=msg-f:1785137353915152391&th=18c614f71f64b807&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9tHopLsGfwWEKUcufpwa3K-NYRdR2WeQQXp43dowdgy-HrhwoeuV3PF0vfc3ezZjOnPNWd2QyHGaQ7JE0KpF456XvX7LbQYixkQPXsF-O11gVHvMXOItvu3l8&disp=emb0?ui=2&ik=7a00ad15cd&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1785137353915152391&th=18c614f71f64b807&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8ihojh7QWg1llmuZX2LXIAIdOdps5I1FQC30yDQoBwYFWiWLTo6gdUB26VDPvp6YQmMrj1k5N707UO8S4mvY7Yxvz0zN7DP4a_i9DQPIcB_0gTaOBN6WllWR8&disp=emb

Happy to see this! Good luck everyone and I'm glad multiple people are benefiting from the test. Cheers

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter