Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 New Drivers - What Is Your Favorite?

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

What Is Your Favorite Driver of 2024?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. The new releases!

• TaylorMade Qi10 Series
    • Callaway Ai Smoke Series
    • COBRA DARKSPEED Series
    • PXG BLACK OPS Series
    • XXIO 13 Series
    • PING G430 MAX 10K
    • Cleveland Launcher XL 2 Series
    • Kirkland Signature Driver

Not in the market this year, but I think the Callaway wins on tech (at least with their claims) and the Cobra on looks (that black on black is 🔥)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Sorry for changing your thread, but I was thinking of doing this exact thread and saw yours which seemed like the perfect opportunity! Plus now you get more notifications and all the fun responses 😉

Oh no, this is perfectly fine as this is also what is part of the new driver line. I like watching reviews to see which ones I should stick away from since I am a high spin player. But I generally try to hit all of the top brands to see if one would suit me better than the others. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I want to give these more of a go since it is probably the one area of the bag that I might be willing to change.    I have hit a few and want to hit more before I make any kind of decisions but my favorites would be:   Ping G430MAX 10K, Kirkland, and TaylorMade

wait-what-blinking.gif

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Oh no, this is perfectly fine as this is also what is part of the new driver line. I like watching reviews to see which ones I should stick away from since I am a high spin player. But I generally try to hit all of the top brands to see if one would suit me better than the others. 

If you are a high spin player like me the golf ball makes a wold of a difference. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you are a high spin player like me the golf ball makes a wold of a difference. 

I am finding this out. That’s why I’m starting to use a urethane cover ball more. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

On looks, the Cobra Darkspeed LS. Love the blacked out, matt look. Nicely understated.

But when I upgrade I would want increased forgiveness/ accuracy with no drop in distance (if possible). For that reason, the Ping 10k definitely has my attention. Forgiveness of the max with spin and appearance closer to the LST makes for a tempting combo. I'd prefer the sliding weight at the back, but I've never owned a driver with that, so wouldn't miss it.

I also like the reviews of the Qi10 and AI Smoke. I'll take advantage of the free fitting sessions locally and compare as many as I can. Already booked in for a few (Cobra, Taylormade and Callaway) later this month.

Edited by Indy_Oz

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

11 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

I'll take advantage of the free fitting sessions locally and compare as many as I can. Already booked in for a few (Cobra, Taylormade and Callaway) later this month.

Free fittings?  🤔 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, Rob Person said:

Free fittings?  🤔 

Golf Galaxy product launch fitting events. Did one last year for the Paradym drivers- zero cost and didn't buy a new driver.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

17 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Free fittings?  🤔 

I miss Edwin Watts Golf down in Florida for this reason. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

... You are in the minority, although I am sure you have some company here. Most Am's need more spin, especially 95mph and below. The high launch low spin mantra just doesn't work well without enough ball speed to keep it in the air. I would compare it to a 2 DI or a 3 hybrid. Most are gonna do better with the hybrid, but some high spin players will do better with the DI. 

... I could not be happier with my Stealth2 HD that produces about 2600 spin for me and gave me about a 7-10 carry advantage over the Aerojet that just didn't spin enough. (I was hitting the Aero LS in my fitting with around 1700 spin 😱) So the only driver I am interested in this year is the Qi10 Max. HD has around 8,500 MOI and of course the Max is 10,000. Here is the thing, for every .25 inches you miss the center you lose around 5 yds of distance. 1" on the toe and you are losing 20yds or more. The Qi10 Max (and G430 Max) is all about reducing the yards lost on those mishits, so if they can reduce it by 75% those .25 and .50 misses will only lose me 1.5 to 3 yds instead of 5 to 10 or more. That is saying something and if I lose a yd or two on center strikes, I can live with that. 

... Not that it is vitally important but I need the club to look good at address. To my eye the Qi10 looks best this year with a very clean gloss crown, which is my preference. I can see those drawn to a Matt crown would love the Dark Speed and Smoke drivers. But none of the new heads look egregiously ugly other than the G430 that is crazy cluttered to my eye but if the performance is there, I would play any of them. The Qi10 Max has to be better than my HD for me to make the switch so I am looking forward to my TM fitting next week. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

19 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Golf Galaxy product launch fitting events. Did one last year for the Paradym drivers- zero cost and didn't buy a new driver.

... PGA SS does them too. Run by the OEM rep, not the SS employees. Of course always take your current gamer for a baseline comparison. If the new driver is producing 10 more yards it's nice to know the LM is also producing 10 more yards than you normally see with your gamer. 😉

We have 1 local fitter. $75-100 per fitting for drivers, woods/Hybrids, and irons/wedges. Granted,  he does honor the cost back towards the purchase of each. (Within 30 days)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I did go into my local golf+ store today and got to demo the Smoke, Darkspeed, and QI10. 9.5 degree setup, regular flex (unsure which shaft)  5 swings each.

Wasn't able to get pictures,  but definitely got to learn which one was more forgiving! 

Smoke- club head speed 87mph avg. Distance 235-240 yards,  always a fade/slight slice.

Darkspeed- chs 85 mph, 227-230 yards, same fade, partial slice

Qi10- chs 91 mph! 245-257 yards avg! Nearly center, to slight fade. No slice!

These were off stock demos setups.

I only got to swing the 7i once on the Qi10 before he had actual buying customers. 164 yards, slight fade. 

So, no matter what companies claim their target is for, hands on is the best.

26 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I did go into my local golf+ store today and got to demo the Smoke, Darkspeed, and QI10. 9.5 degree setup, regular flex (unsure which shaft)  5 swings each.

Wasn't able to get pictures,  but definitely got to learn which one was more forgiving! 

Smoke- club head speed 87mph avg. Distance 235-240 yards,  always a fade/slight slice.

Darkspeed- chs 85 mph, 227-230 yards, same fade, partial slice

Qi10- chs 91 mph! 245-257 yards avg! Nearly center, to slight fade. No slice!

These were off stock demos setups.

I only got to swing the 7i once on the Qi10 before he had actual buying customers. 164 yards, slight fade. 

So, no matter what companies claim their target is for, hands on is the best.

I feel like when you are trying to test between different clubs, you have to go back and hit the other one or two again after the first go round so you know you’re fully warmed up. I feel like that gives a proper range. Im also not a scientist and I could be so far off in left field it’s not even close to being right in that. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

As Jamie mentioned golf ball is big. I have found my best results with low lofted heads as loft affects spin more than anything. I usually have the best luck pairing it with a mid to high launching shaft or lightweight shafts. 

As for golf balls, last year I played the Chrome Soft X LS ball but switched to the Titleist ProV1X left dash and according to the Mevo and the Full Swing simulator for winter leagues I dropped another 400rpms off my spin with that switch alone. They aren’t cheap but as I don’t lose a ton of balls, they are totally worth it for me. 

I was using the vice tour ball but switched to the vice pro. I have some of the Wilson triad balls which I believe were in the top 3 under 40 bucks. Going to give those a go when it starts warming up this year. 

to your point about low lofted clubs, I have a 9 degree driver head. I’ve also lofted my 5 and 7 woods down as well to their lowest loft. But I can tell you I need more loft in my irons now cause roasting a 7 iron 198 and hitting it flush, pretty sure I need to not be using a 28 degree 7 iron. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

As Jamie mentioned golf ball is big. I have found my best results with low lofted heads as loft affects spin more than anything. I usually have the best luck pairing it with a mid to high launching shaft or lightweight shafts. 

As for golf balls, last year I played the Chrome Soft X LS ball but switched to the Titleist ProV1X left dash and according to the Mevo and the Full Swing simulator for winter leagues I dropped another 400rpms off my spin with that switch alone. They aren’t cheap but as I don’t lose a ton of balls, they are totally worth it for me. 

I am also a Chrome Soft X LS and Titleist ProV1X left dash fan. However, after testing the Odin X1, that is my current favorite.

Play like a champion today!

To this point, I am most intrigued by the Ai Smoke TD and X. However, my favorite 2024 driver is still unreleased as I am admittedly biased to Titleist drivers since getting my TSi3 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

To this point, I am most intrigued by the Ai Smoke TD and X. However, my favorite 2024 driver is still unreleased as I am admittedly biased to Titleist drivers since getting my TSi3 😂

I am with you. Can't wait to see what Titleist hopefully comes out with late fall.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

33 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I am with you. Can't wait to see what Titleist hopefully comes out with late fall.

I envy you. I can’t hit any Titleist driver well at all. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

2 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

I envy you. I can’t hit any Titleist driver well at all. 

That’s been me with Callaway in the past. Didn’t even give Paradym a thought last year, then was playing with a guy who was a lefty and coincidentally had a one. He let me use it on a par 5 and I piped one 270 down the middle with a shaft a flex softer than I’d usually play. Ever since then I’ve had Cally in the back of my mind, but damn do I love my TSi3 and that’s why I’m so excited to see what they come out with this year. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

No love for the Kirkland?

This is most definitely going to be the headliner for Monday and then we will see a nice group of responses to see what is really exciting the community!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

There really needs to be an option for “I don’t know because I haven’t hit any of them yet” Going purely off looks is meaningless. Also, what shaft options are available. Without a fitting, even online it’s really a guessing game. I get the excitement around new releases but if it doesn’t perform better than what’s in the bag it won’t be purchased.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Just going off looks I selected the Cobra divers. Though the Callaway face tech is very intriguing. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

When they first showed us what the drivers were called and looked like  I was sure I wasn't going to get another driver for 2024. Then I thought Wow! the Darkspeed looked so nice as I have always thought Cobra put out some nice looking drivers especially their limited Edition ones. I have played all of last years drivers and I have had goof results from all of them . I don't want to go with just looks alone but the Callaway face tech is very intriguing, plus all of my other woods are Callaway and I want to keep my set evenly matched as much as possible.  PING looks too big as I do like how they made it look like the LST model with the carbon wrap. Oh and the fins well you either hate them or love them. 

TaylorMade would always brag on how much more forgiving and longer their new drivers were from the last years model and now they all I hear about is that the Stealth and Stealth 2 + were not all that forgiving compared to the Qi10. With the issues with the face that they have had I'm staying away from them plus the bottom looks cheap but top view looks a bit like a Titleist driver which is good if you like a shinny crown.

Well enough belly aching for now as I went with the Paradym Ai Smoke Max D but nothing more to say as I have got well over 2 more months to wait before I see any warm weather again. So whatever anyone decides to get I'm sure their is a good reason for their purchase.

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This is most definitely going to be the headliner for Monday and then we will see a nice group of responses to see what is really exciting the community!

It’s probably the most unknown territory though. It’s like the Takomo Driver when I came out, unknown of what it might be like or if it could even compete with the big names. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I can’t manage any serious interest for a product line that is truly all about merging quality and mediocrity. Their product pricing is second to none. But the quality of their golf balls and gloves are not up near the top. But then again they don’t have to be because they are so cheap. I’ll go through 5-10 Kirkland gloves in a year just from them stretching out and/or wearing thin and getting holes. I don’t care because they are only $5 a piece. The balls also don’t fly as far (although they aren’t that much shorter) and are way too spinny. If this same performance translates directly into their clubs then they will be great for entry level golfers looking for a bargain set to start with. Will wait to see how they perform in testing before I make any firm opinions. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

It's funny, I said either the TM or Cobra yesterday when this popped up, mainly because I haven't played either before. I was bored earlier and did the online fitting on MGS thru the True Fit and it said I should be hitting the Stealth 2 HD or the AeroJet LS.

The new ones may be on the list this year to give a go.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

36 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Their product pricing is second to none. But the quality of their golf balls and gloves are not up near the top. But then again they don’t have to be because they are so cheap. The balls also don’t fly as far (although they aren’t that much shorter) and are way too spinny.

... I would counter with the V3's are an awesome ball if you need more spin, and more than a few do. But I hear ya and they spin too much for me and the better player that doesn't need more spin isn't gonna like a Kirkland V3 but my 81 yr old pard that shoots his age often, needed the extra spin. He was playing Chrome Soft balls and I gave him 2 dozen V3's for his birthday (BIG spender at $27.99 😇) and he gained about 10 yds because the ball was staying in the air longer. One of my pards wife plays with us 2 times a week and she too gained a little yardage playing the V3's as well as a little better green side performance. At $14 a dozen I could argue they are the top of the best balls available if you fall into the need more spin category. Just sayin ...