Mr. Mulligan

Ping or Mizuno irons

Our Sponsors

Ok so I have now found the most usefull and truthfull information... I'm not asking at the stores any more they are just trying to sell me stuff. So thank you all for the great insight on irons. Now... what should I get? I am looking at the Ping s58 and the Mizuno MP33 or MP58. Any suggestions, comments, ideas? I will give a little info about me so that might help. I will be switching from Ping G20 yellow dot, I am 6' tall and have a swing speed of 100-105. My 150 club is my wedge. Thanks in advance.

I don't think this decision really comes down to personal preference. If you hit one better than the other, get that one. If you hit them the same and one suits your eye better, get that one. If you find them all equal, get the cheaper set!

Which ones performed better for you? For me, the Mizunos performed the best for me. Plus, they feel and look great. I'm actually ordering my set next week.

Ping for me. But that should have no impact on your choice. Both are very good irons. Go with what WORKS best for you.

Do you have a place that you can compare both brands head to head?

If not, maybe demo day?

Going from the game improvement G20 to the S58 or MP33 would be a huge jump. You didn't mention your handicap but I'd consider something in between geared more towards a mid handicap player - perhaps the I20 or mp-58.