How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I notice that the number of rounds is starting to decrease. Sorry guys Florida weather is just rounding into form. The water is still warm. Come down and join us.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We are just getting into our "peak season" as well here in Southern Utah. Not quite the destination spot like Florida though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

New personal best and first time ever breaking par! Previous personal best +2 74.

Was even standing on the 18th tee and piped a drive GPSed at 320 yards (slightly downhill and downwind). Had 197 left and striped a 5 iron to 8 feet. Lipped out the Eagle putt and Tapped in for Birdie.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161016_122232.jpg

That's awesome Joe!!!! Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My wife and I played today in the wind and rain left over from the typhoon that hit the Northwest from the western Pacific.  Almost no one was on the course, but actually it wasn't that bad.  I did not play well; a couple of double bogeys and several bogeys added up to an 84.  I didn't play up to my new 7.9 index.  I knew this would happen one day, and today was that day.  My wife also had two double bogeys, but had a solid round 83 and beat me!!  

Got even today!  Shot 78 to my wife's 86; she had one bad hole.  The difference was no doubles today and made a few putts.  She's playing well, and I have to be on my game or lose!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had a great round today - played the most challenging course I've ever played (only played it once before) - cut into the bluffs above a huge lake, and it winds through a lakeside neighborhood. Not a level spot on the property, narrow fairways, and tons of trouble. The greens have more movement than I think should be considered fair. I ended up at 81 and about fainted! Only missed one fairway, 31 putts (aided by 2 chip-ins), but found water on 2 of the par 3's. And... it was in the upper 80's with sun today in Missouri. Not normal in October!

A company bought our course for all day Sunday. So I got 3 other members and we played at a Wentworth GC, also owned by the company that owns my club. We only had to pay $10 to play. The weather was terrific, the company exceptional but the tight course with postage stamp greens got the best of me.....I shot a 98! But had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Holy cow, I finally played a good round. Played single, joined up with a threesome.

They asked me if I wanted to play "poker." I didn't know how to play, but they taught me in short order. Essentially, make a good shot (1 putt, birdie, sandie, etc) and you get a card. Best poker hand wins. I ended up with 10 cards, got two pair, and each player paid me $6.

I shot 74, and I think the closest player to me was about 95. That'll teach them to gamble before seeing a guy's swing!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

A company bought our course for all day Sunday. So I got 3 other members and we played at a Wentworth GC, also owned by the company that owns my club. We only had to pay $10 to play. The weather was terrific, the company exceptional but the tight course with postage stamp greens got the best of me.....I shot a 98! But had a great time.

My buddies played there Saturday and reported that it was in terrible shape. They said it wasn't worth the 10 bucks that they paid.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played only a single 18 holes. Had to choose between a course that could close early on me or the course that had just reseeded. I chose reseeded, which haunted me on the back... that and driver.

Shot 6 over on the front which isn't that bad. I had a bunch of nice pars where I was hitting the ball on the green and couldn't get a roll. On the back my driver which was great through 9 holes suddenly decided to abandon ship. I went from perfect drives with a little fade to not being able to hit the ball off the tee. Ended up somewhere over 90. The good news was the irons were solid.

As for the course, two or three holes had rough length patches on the green. You can see exactly where they cut and where they didn't in probably weeks.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

New personal best and first time ever breaking par! Previous personal best +2 74.

Was even standing on the 18th tee and piped a drive GPSed at 320 yards (slightly downhill and downwind). Had 197 left and striped a 5 iron to 8 feet. Lipped out the Eagle putt and Tapped in for Birdie.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161016_122232.jpg

Congratulations!! Saw the tweet via Snell.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My buddies played there Saturday and reported that it was in terrible shape. They said it wasn't worth the 10 bucks that they paid.

I do not understand.  The Practice/Warmup area is terrific.  The Fairways are very narrow, but in great shape.  The Greens, although postage stamp size, had a few issues but the ball rolled very true.  The service is exceptional, from arrival to cleaning your clubs while putting out on the 18th green.  We paid $10 because we are members of another Ace Golf course(pebble Creek)

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I wasn't with them but both are members of too shelf clubs up north. They had played TPC first which was in its normal great shape. The said the fairways were firm with lots of bare spots and the greens not so hot.

They were very happy with Bayou. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played a practice round at Ocala Municipal today, in preparation for tomorrow's Two-Day Doug Oswald Invitational. I played the front nine with a Prov V1 and the back nine with a Snelling MTB. I shot 45/40...85. And the kicker is......I holed out a Birdie from the bunker on 18! Now that is how you finish a round. When the ball rolled into the hole I hollered and the guys on the practice range started clapping....LOL. I guess I am gaming the MTB's tomorrow.

I haven't played in three weeks so the short game was gone, I don't think it even left the garage this morning. But my ball striking was, some how, on point. I only played nine holes but I played two balls, shooting a 42 and 43. I can't complain seeing as I don't get to play as much as I used to. Also the course was in great shape and this is the best time of year for weather here.

PS don't mind the golf cart right next to the tee box

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477168714.625542.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477168733.716155.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477168750.742568.jpg

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Shot a regular 81.  The highlight was on #11; pulled my 6i approach shot left of the green, pin high.  It's grass, but I was on a sidehill 8 feet below green level.  Flopped my 58* SCOR onto the green and in the cup but I couldn't see it go in.  My wife yelled!!  I finished with a par on the par 5 #18.  Drove the ball in the fairway, but not as far as I would like; tried to hit a high 3H cut shot over the trees at the dogleg but it didn't cut, hit a tree; punched a blind 9i over a mound and between trees into the green side bunker; hit a 20 yard bunker shot to 6 feet and made the putt.  It was a beautiful day but missed 5 birdie chances by a total of probably a foot.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just got home after a 3 day golf trip. Played with about 60 golfers from all around Australia in a local golf forums "National Championships"

I played poorly, but had a great time, despite some of the worst conditions to play in.

Friday it rained heavily for the last 15 holes, and was cold as well. Played a reasonably flat course with pure putting surfaces.

Saturday was at St Andrews Beach, a Tom Doak design, about an hour south of Melbourne. It was blowing about 30mph, with rain squalls and a bit of hail making it even more interesting. I stunk it up, but had a great time despite my golf. If anyone ever gets down to Aus to play, this course has to be on your list. Truly stunning course, links style set in undulating dunes. Have a look at their website to see what I mean.

http://www.standrewsbeachgolf.com.au/

Today was at The Dunes, a few minutes away from St Andrews Beach. The weather was better, only rained for 2 holes, and the wind was only about 3 clubs, not 4 like yesterday. I played much better, but putted poorly, with 4 X 3 putts, and a couple of short misses. Most were the result of poor reads. Another amazingly good course that is a must play.

http://www.thedunes.com.au

The last 2 courses are topped only by Royal Melbourne West of all the courses I have played. They are some of the best value, accessible golf anywhere.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Ditto Peaksy....

I played in a two day Invitational in Ocala this past weekend.  I shot 85/92/95 with the 85 being a practice round....ugh!

The course was awesome and in terrific shape.   http://www.ocalagolfclub.com/ ...it is a municipal course but they keep the the greens in terrific shape.  Didn't score well, but i enjoyed playing two days with a friend of mine, Larry (77 yr old triple bypass Jan 2016).  We had a lot of fun and theweather was great!  Larry & I have played this tournament for 10 years.

LVampI-Oswald16_zpsaso0k66b.jpg

Ditto Peaksy....

I played in a two day Invitational in Ocala this past weekend.  I shot 85/92/95 with the 85 being a practice round....ugh!

The course was awesome and in terrific shape.   http://www.ocalagolfclub.com/ ...it is a municipal course but they keep the the greens in terrific shape.  Didn't score well, but i enjoyed playing two days with a friend of mine, Larry (77 yr old triple bypass Jan 2016).  We had a lot of fun and theweather was great!  Larry & I have played this tournament for 10 years.

LVampI-Oswald16_zpsaso0k66b.jpg

I knew you should have saved that bunker hole out on 18 in the practice round for the weekend!!  Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Just got home after a 3 day golf trip. Played with about 60 golfers from all around Australia in a local golf forums "National Championships"

I played poorly, but had a great time, despite some of the worst conditions to play in.

Friday it rained heavily for the last 15 holes, and was cold as well. Played a reasonably flat course with pure putting surfaces.

Saturday was at St Andrews Beach, a Tom Doak design, about an hour south of Melbourne. It was blowing about 30mph, with rain squalls and a bit of hail making it even more interesting. I stunk it up, but had a great time despite my golf. If anyone ever gets down to Aus to play, this course has to be on your list. Truly stunning course, links style set in undulating dunes. Have a look at their website to see what I mean.

http://www.standrewsbeachgolf.com.au/

Today was at The Dunes, a few minutes away from St Andrews Beach. The weather was better, only rained for 2 holes, and the wind was only about 3 clubs, not 4 like yesterday. I played much better, but putted poorly, with 4 X 3 putts, and a couple of short misses. Most were the result of poor reads. Another amazingly good course that is a must play.

http://www.thedunes.com.au

The last 2 courses are topped only by Royal Melbourne West of all the courses I have played. They are some of the best value, accessible golf anywhere.

St. Andrews Beach looks fabulous!!  I looked at the scorecard and looks like a couple of long par 3's.  I hope the distances are in yards, but I suspect they are in meters.  Yikes!  How did they play in the wind?

I haven't been posting much in this section because of my absolutely atrocious play the last couple of months. I wanted to spare yall in case it was contagious haha. 

I haven't been playing as much recently either so that doesn't help.

Anyway I took some time off from golf before this weekend and apparently it was much needed. Shot 69 Saturday on a very tough golf course and 71 Sunday on another tough golf course. Not sure where the hell this has been but I'll take it.  lol 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I haven't been posting much in this section because of my absolutely atrocious play the last couple of months. I wanted to spare yall in case it was contagious haha. 

I haven't been playing as much recently either so that doesn't help.

Anyway I took some time off from golf before this weekend and apparently it was much needed. Shot 69 Saturday on a very tough golf course and 71 Sunday on another tough golf course. Not sure where the hell this has been but I'll take it.  lol 

I'd take it on a very easy course!   :D

I'd take it on a very easy course!   :D

No kidding! The way I've been playing lately I'll take under par on a putt putt course!

St. Andrews Beach looks fabulous!! I looked at the scorecard and looks like a couple of long par 3's. I hope the distances are in yards, but I suspect they are in meters. Yikes! How did they play in the wind?

Distances are in metres. 4th hole was 185m on Saturday,straight into the wind, had to hit driver. We played of the white tees, blues would have been almost impossible. I really need to get back there when the conditions are less brutal. It's nearly always breezy there, but Saturday was extreme.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Shot an even 72 today at a new track, although I admit it was from the whites.

Track was named Sierra Lakes, like in Corona or. Something in SoCal

Absolutely gorgeous track with superb fairways and greeens.

Yesterday shot a 75 from the blues at a track called Jurupa country club, in a riverside, SoCal. It was raining cats and dogs with serious thunder, so it was a bit scary

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Yesterday shot a 75 from the blues at a track called Jurupa country club, in a riverside, SoCal. It was raining cats and dogs with serious thunder, so it was a bit scary

Nice job!  And welcome back.  Long time; no hear from.

Good to see you've healed up nicely!

Pretty good except for the short game. When I used driver off the tee, I hit all but one fairway. I switched shafts and it made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yesterday I had one of my most unusual rounds of the year.  I had no feeling for the club--I felt like I was swinging a baseball bat instead of a golf club.  

Double bogey (DB), par, DB, birdie, DB, par, DB, par, par.  The pars and birdie were easy, the longest putt I had to make was a 4 four footer.  The DBs were a struggle,  I had to drain a long putt on 7 to avoid a triple.  

Oh well, hopefully today will be better.  At least I didn't lose any balls in the leaves on the course.