MmmmmmBuddy

44 + 42 / 86 today. Leaving my course now heading home

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

40/41 for 81 with three 3-putts on the back nine!  Just awful!  Cold and windy and I don't putt well when my hands get cold, well except for that 30-foot double braking birdie on #9.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had an 84 on Saturday - my best rd to date (45/39).  First time under 40 on the back 9.

Net 66 & Comp win.

Didn't do anything fancy, just hit a couple more fairways, was calm with approach shots (going for centre of greens, not the tight pins), and better lag putting.  The basics of golf I suppose :huh:

Backed that up with a 98 on Sunday, which was back to some very poor golf.  :angry:  I felt rushed and lost my calmness/concentration when it was required. 

The score from Saturday gives me optimism that I can score in the low-mid 80's consistently with the right plan & mindset.

My group has a Wednesday walking tee time around 10:30 each week.  I woke up this morning and it had rained overnight; temp was 36*.  When it started to get light out, the clouds parted and the sun came out.  Great!!  Just like in Camelot... it only rains at night.  I headed to the course at 9:30 and the temp was 41*.  OK, I can deal with that; it's still sunny.  While I was warming up, a breeze came up.  Uh oh!!  When we teed off, it was 44* and the wind was blowing 10-15mph.  

When we got to the par 3 #4 tee box, which is the highest point on the course, it was more like 15-25mph.  Brrr!!!  Here is a pic from the tee box:

IMG_0584 (1).jpg

This shot was into the wind and I added 2 clubs, hit the green and made par.  So, I was even par through the first 4 holes.  When we got to the #5 tee, the sun disappeared, and so did my game.  I bogeyed the next 4 holes, but made a birdie on the par 5 #9 to finish at +3.  We decided that we were beat up enough for the day and quit.  We played that nine holes and never saw another player.  I guess everyone else had more sense than we did.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My group has a Wednesday walking tee time around 10:30 each week.  I woke up this morning and it had rained overnight; temp was 36*.  When it started to get light out, the clouds parted and the sun came out.  Great!!  Just like in Camelot... it only rains at night.  I headed to the course at 9:30 and the temp was 41*.  OK, I can deal with that; it's still sunny.  While I was warming up, a breeze came up.  Uh oh!!  When we teed off, it was 44* and the wind was blowing 10-15mph.  

When we got to the par 3 #4 tee box, which is the highest point on the course, it was more like 15-25mph.  Brrr!!!  Here is a pic from the tee box:

attachicon.gifIMG_0584 (1).jpg

This shot was into the wind and I added 2 clubs, hit the green and made par.  So, I was even par through the first 4 holes.  When we got to the #5 tee, the sun disappeared, and so did my game.  I bogeyed the next 4 holes, but made a birdie on the par 5 #9 to finish at +3.  We decided that we were beat up enough for the day and quit.  We played that nine holes and never saw another player.  I guess everyone else had more sense than we did.

Ya'll still got green grass!

Cleveland

Ya'll still got green grass!

It's been mild this month.  It stays a little green all winter; doesn't go totally dormant like your Bermuda.  I'll shoot a picture of it after Jan 1 if we get a sunny day.  That could be in February because we typically get inversions where it's gray all day with a high of 31 and a low of 28.  Usually when the sun breaks through, the temp drops into the teens.

42 + 45 = 87 today..   Cart path only today and pretty windy too.  Good to be out of the house after two days of rain.. 

Cleveland

42 + 45 = 87 today..   Cart path only today and pretty windy too.  Good to be out of the house after two days of rain.. 

I hate CPO.  If it's CPO either I'm walking or if walking is not allowed, I'm not playing!  I am the King of putting my tee shot on the opposite side of the fairway from the cart path!!  I mean every hole!

We have cart paths on every hole that start before you get to the green, go around the green to the next tee box, and ends after the forward tee box.  No cart paths from tee to green!

I hate CPO.  If it's CPO either I'm walking or if walking is not allowed, I'm not playing!  I am the King of putting my tee shot on the opposite side of the fairway from the cart path!!  I mean every hole!

We have cart paths on every hole that start before you get to the green, go around the green to the next tee box, and ends after the forward tee box.  No cart paths from tee to green!

Yea it's especially rough on the old guys who are suffering from joint issues  and other health related problems.  They want to play so unfortunately they either walk out to their balls are stay home.

It's a pain in the arse for sure and many times you have to tote two or three clubs out to make sure you got the right stick for the job.

Cleveland

Yea it's especially rough on the old guys who are suffering from joint issues  and other health related problems.  They want to play so unfortunately they either walk out to their balls are stay home.

It's a pain in the arse for sure and many times you have to tote two or three clubs out to make sure you got the right stick for the job.

And that is when I fat a shot; now I don't have the right stick for the job anymore!  

Two years ago I played at the Camelback resort Scottsdale and it was CPO.  I did that and decided to go back to the cart and get another club.  On the next hole the marshall stopped and told me to pick up the pace.  That ruined my day, and the thing was there was only one hole on the course that was too wet to drive on the fairway.

Quarterly medal stroke today. Started bogey, bogey, then started to play. Drove the ball really well, 12/14 fairways, the 2 misses were pretty good. Had 2 x3 putts, one was a tap in. Putted really well on the rest, finished 74 net 69, won the day to get my name on an honor board 2 weeks in a row after waiting 14 years for the first.

Conditions were tough, only 2 scores better than handicap out of 156 players.

Played to a slope rating of scratch, down to my lowest handicap ever of 4.0.

Nearly turning inside out with excitement.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

HORRIBLE play today, 46/46:92 but the weather was beautiful. We had 46 in the game today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

HORRIBLE play today, 46/46:92 but the weather was beautiful. We had 46 in the fame today.

There must of been something in the air today :o .....  I hit a few really good shots and a boat load of toilet worthy bombs.   I went out by myself and played behind a husband & wife combo and I couldn't go ahead so I began playing two balls in working on a few things.  Well the work didn't pay off as I was loosy goosy with zero concentration.   I would have gone home after nine if not for the rain coming in tomorrow and lasting a few days.  

Cleveland

Today was probably the best day for golf for the next couple of weeks; rain tomorrow, then snow and temps in the 20's next week.  So....... my wife and I played in high 40's temp and 15 mph wind.  We played with another couple.  They both usually play from the White Tees, which are our Senior tees.  My wife moved back from the Red Tees, and I moved up from the Blue Tees.  It's a whole different game from up there!!!  Some holes don't make much difference; others are the difference between hitting my 3H for a second shot and hitting a 7i.

I managed to get around the front nine in +2 and the back nine in +1 for a round of 75.  It was fun and I might play those tees during the winter, but I will keep playing from the Blue Tees when GHIN starts back up... at least for a few more years!

Played in our final Golf Channel Am Tour event of the calendar year today and it was a frigid send off.  Upper 40's, calm and overcast when we started but the breeze picked up and the temps dropped by around the 8th hole.

That said, I actually played pretty well.  Shot an 85 (45/40) and won my handicap flight and the overall net low for the tournament.  Nice ending to 2016!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 8.12.42 PM.png

Absolutely gorgeous day to be outside today. I shot a 44/43:87 today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played really well yesterday and had my best round of the year.  Starting to get things figured out and the new lower bounce wedge that I put in the bag has definitely improved my short game (I advise everyone to take the wedge test from the MGS blog and find the right wedge bounce for their game).  39/34-73 on the day. 

Playing really well the past couple of weeks;  hopefully I don't loose what I have started doing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had 38 on the front and then 3 straight pars in the back before the rain came.

Didn't hit it all that well but was helped by a chip on for birdie on 4cand a long par putt on 2 and a miraculous bogey on 1.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had 38 on the front and then 3 straight pars in the back before the rain came.

Didn't hit it all that well but was helped by a chip on for birdie on 4cand a long par putt on 2 and a miraculous bogey on 1.

Did you keep playing?  " I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while."   :D

Did you keep playing?  " I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while."   :D

That's what young guys do (keep playing), old guys head for the parking lot! lol ;) 

Cleveland

Last winter I talked a couple of guys into playing on a questionable, rainy morning. Started out about 40 degrees and raining... then the wind picked up, temps fell, rain turned to sleet (that hurts your face by the way), and by the last few holes it was snowing. We all played horrible, but had a blast. The best stories start with the worst decisions!

I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while." :D[/font][/color][/size]

Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're an incredible slouch.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

That's what young guys do (keep playing), old guys head for the parking lot! lol ;)

Funny but we headed for the grill room.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For the record I will play in rain and have played in sleet and snow.

Thunder and lightening not so much any more. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

For the record I will play in rain and have played in sleet and snow.

Thunder and lightening not so much any more. :)

oh yea back in the day when I was working and the weekends were the only golfing time I had, it was on like donkey kong.  Like you said unless it was lighting or a downpour we kept on playing. Often 36 holes too.  Now that I am retired and it starts raining, we pack it in and reschedule for later in the week.

Cleveland

I had the second best ball striking day of 2016. Well I did on the back nine for sure. I was watching Micheal Breed last evening on the golf fix. He was talking about keeping the club square going back with the trail arm staying on top. This little tip kept me from rolling too far in side on the back swing  I was golfing my ball on the back side in some cold windy conditions too.

44 + 38 / 81 today with temps that stayed in the 40's with blustery winds.  The greens were super slick as they had them puppies mowed tight. Three three putts after some beautiful approach shots into the greens. Ball striking was fun so never mind the poor putting. :D 

Cleveland

Played 9 holes today with my dad at the course where I work. Shot a 44 and had some amazing drives. It was the first full round for my G30 LS Tech, hit drives of 307 and 304 with it. Wedges let me down today with some poor chips though

Sent from my Nexus 5X using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I finally got out to play with the Kirkland ball. I didn't make a par until the 6th hole, ended up with 2 pars, 4 birdies, and 3 bogeys. I really liked the ball, was hitting it 290+ on a 40° day and loved the action on the greens.