The First Post Thread

28 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Hi everyone! Newbie here from East TX, just getting back into Golf after taking a long time off to focus on another hobby. I was cleaning out my attic, and found my old Titleist irons, and thought "I'll just donate them, but before I do that, I'll go to the range." I Hadn't swung a club in 15 years, but one hit in I thought, "huh, I forgot I used to love golf." So, here I am trying to catch up on things and learn as much as I can. 

Welcome to MGS!  Hopefully being here will help to rekindle that old golf flame!

28 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Hi everyone! Newbie here from East TX, just getting back into Golf after taking a long time off to focus on another hobby. I was cleaning out my attic, and found my old Titleist irons, and thought "I'll just donate them, but before I do that, I'll go to the range." I Hadn't swung a club in 15 years, but one hit in I thought, "huh, I forgot I used to love golf." So, here I am trying to catch up on things and learn as much as I can. 

Welcome to MGS!  Hopefully being here will help to rekindle that old golf flame!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

Welcome to the forum and back to the game!  There’s a wealth of knowledge here…sure you will be able to find something!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Welcome to the Forum and back to the game!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Well, decided to try the kool-aid after a year of reading many forum topics that have been posted in the MGS forum.

I'm a Civil Engineer by trade, don't cast judgement on me too hard yet based solely on that, and due to that I've always been more of a critical-numbers focused person when it comes to anything I'm interested in or pursuing as a hobby. After seeing many other members posting responses and forum questions that were damn near exactly similar to what I'd put myself, figured I might just have found the best place for me to fit in on a forum without always sounding like the critical *sshole that's just focused more on actual info & not just hype'd info.

I'm looking forward to jumping in on topic discussions and becoming a continual active member here though, and looking forward to some spirited discussions and hopefully expanding my knowledge & skills in the game of Golf along the way. 

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

Welcome to the Forum!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

24 minutes ago, The TXBexar said:

Well, decided to try the kool-aid after a year of reading many forum topics that have been posted in the MGS forum.

I'm a Civil Engineer by trade, don't cast judgement on me too hard yet based solely on that, and due to that I've always been more of a critical-numbers focused person when it comes to anything I'm interested in or pursuing as a hobby. After seeing many other members posting responses and forum questions that were damn near exactly similar to what I'd put myself, figured I might just have found the best place for me to fit in on a forum without always sounding like the critical *sshole that's just focused more on actual info & not just hype'd info.

I'm looking forward to jumping in on topic discussions and becoming a continual active member here though, and looking forward to some spirited discussions and hopefully expanding my knowledge & skills in the game of Golf along the way. 

Welcome! I'm assuming San Antonio area by the name.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, The TXBexar said:

The Kool-Aid here is delicious…welcome to the forum!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

6 hours ago, The TXBexar said:

Welcome to MGS!  Most of us prefer sweet tea to Kool aid... 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

1 minute ago, Eweman1416 said:

First time posting, good afternoon everyone. 

Why have I only just been introduced to this forum site? I can see myself losing many an hour on here. 😁😁

And it will be the best many a hour of that day!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

56 minutes ago, Eweman1416 said:

Why have I only just been introduced to this forum site? I can see myself losing many an hour on here. 😁😁

Welcome to the Forum!

1 hour ago, Eweman1416 said:

Welcome aboard!  Make sure you give your significant other a safe word to use when you start going down the rabbit hole of golf!

3 hours ago, Eweman1416 said:

Welcome to the forum…and yes, so many hours!!!  But it is worth it!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 minutes ago, Nonae5 said:

Glad to join the forum! 

Welcome to the MGS forum!!!

3 hours ago, Nonae5 said:

Glad to join the forum! 

Welcome!

1 minute ago, big_dawg said:

Hey Everyone! Excited to join the community. I am former competitive junior/high school golfer who recently started playing again. I am trying to work my down to scratch and have been having a blast in the process!

Welcome to the forum!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, big_dawg said:

Hey Everyone! Excited to join the community. I am former competitive junior/high school golfer who recently started playing again. I am trying to work my down to scratch and have been having a blast in the process!

Welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, big_dawg said:

Welcome to the forum!  Great group of golf nuts. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Welcome @big_dawg

Been a huge fan and follower of MyGolfSpy for years...not sure what took me so long to join! Well actually, I do know...Sub70, which I am a huge fan of is looking for testers for their fairway woods and I am more than intrigued. Most of my bag consists of Sub70, but my 3 wood along with a couple others are Callaway's and a Scotty.

My 3 wood which is my oldest and one of my favorites is an EPIC flash and I really want to see how the Sub70 matches up!

Cheers everyone!

Driver: Callaway Rouge ST Max

3W: Callaway EPIC Flash

3H,4H,5H: Sub70 949X

6i-AW: Sub70 699 Pro V2

54/58: Sub 286 Forged 

Putter: Scotty Phantom 5.5

2 minutes ago, Jfior78 said:

Been a huge fan and follower of MyGolfSpy for years...not sure what took me so long to join! Well actually, I do know...Sub70, which I am a huge fan of is looking for testers for their fairway woods and I am more than intrigued. Most of my bag consists of Sub70, but my 3 wood along with a couple others are Callaway's and a Scotty.

My 3 wood which is my oldest and one of my favorites is an EPIC flash and I really want to see how the Sub70 matches up!

Cheers everyone!

Welcome to the Forum!

45 minutes ago, Jfior78 said:

Cheers everyone!

Welcome to the forum…glad you made the decision to join!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

5 hours ago, Jfior78 said:

Cheers everyone!

Welcome to the site!! 

Thanks for having me, I love to experiment with the game and try the new ideas out there. I did 1 length irons for a while and found it to be really interesting, but switched back to standard when I discovered another unique company - Sub70. I love their products and customer service. Can't wait to see what they do with a driver coming out this year. I've been loyal to Callaway with Drivers, so it'll be interesting to see if they can knock out a Callaway Driver. That Triple Diamond Max driver they have looks pretty interesting. I'm loving my newest additions, the Edison Wedges. I can't believe more companies aren't making wedges like them. 

Here's my bag

Driver: Rogue ST Triple Diamond

Driving Iron: Sub 70 699 v2 17 degree

Hybrid: Adams Super S 3H and 5H

Irons: 9-5i Sub 70 639 CB

Wedges: Edison v1 45 and 49, Edison v2 55 and 59

Putter: Lab DF 2.1

Jason

Fan of Callaway Drivers, Sub70 Irons, Edison Wedges, and Lab Putters

19 minutes ago, jsweas said:

Thanks for having me, I love to experiment with the game and try the new ideas out there. I did 1 length irons for a while and found it to be really interesting, but switched back to standard when I discovered another unique company - Sub70. I love their products and customer service. Can't wait to see what they do with a driver coming out this year. I've been loyal to Callaway with Drivers, so it'll be interesting to see if they can knock out a Callaway Driver. That Triple Diamond Max driver they have looks pretty interesting. I'm loving my newest additions, the Edison Wedges. I can't believe more companies aren't making wedges like them. 

Here's my bag

Welcome!

9 hours ago, jsweas said:

Here's my bag

Welcome to MGS!  Nice bag setup!

On 7/2/2024 at 8:25 AM, Jfior78 said:

Cheers everyone!

Love Sub70

Jason

Fan of Callaway Drivers, Sub70 Irons, Edison Wedges, and Lab Putters