New Clubs

Hello Everyone 

I'm thinking of selling my One Length Cobra irons and switching to Ping.  Any recommendations on where to sell or should I go the trade-in route?

Driver - Cobra Radspeed

3w - Radspeed

4iron-Gap - Cobra One Length Forged Tec

52° One Length snake bite

58° Avalon

Putter - Odyssey Versa Double Wide

Tons of options here, but my best suggestion would be to try a whole bunch of different places and see who gives you the best quote.  Most places (global golf, Callaway Pre Owned, 2nd Swing, etc. etc.) will give you a quote for free and then you can go with whoever gives you the best deal. 

Also, since they're Cobra clubs, you might actually get a great deal directly from Cobra's website - I just recently traded in an older Cobra driver and a driving iron and got a better deal direct through them than I got other places.  While you won't be able to put that directly towards the Pings, they may cut you a check directly, in which case it's kinda/sorta the same thing 🙂

As always, you could try the Ebay route (or FB Marketplace), but you'd end up having to pay some fees which could cut into your bottom line.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up deciding!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

1 minute ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Tons of options here, but my best suggestion would be to try a whole bunch of different places and see who gives you the best quote.  Most places (global golf, Callaway Pre Owned, 2nd Swing, etc. etc.) will give you a quote for free and then you can go with whoever gives you the best deal. 

Also, since they're Cobra clubs, you might actually get a great deal directly from Cobra's website - I just recently traded in an older Cobra driver and a driving iron and got a better deal direct through them than I got other places.  While you won't be able to put that directly towards the Pings, they may cut you a check directly, in which case it's kinda/sorta the same thing 🙂

As always, you could try the Ebay route (or FB Marketplace), but you'd end up having to pay some fees which could cut into your bottom line.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up deciding!

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it!  Yeah, I thought about going through Cobra!  I'll let you know how it goes!

Driver - Cobra Radspeed

3w - Radspeed

58° Avalon

I’ve used Global many times before, you can check their site for trade in values.  You can do the trade and order clubs before actually shipping yours, a little risk if your clubs aren’t accepted for trade based on condition.

2nd Swing is decent as well, but you have to ship them before the credit can be applied.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I’ve used Global many times before, you can check their site for trade in values.  You can do the trade and order clubs before actually shipping yours, a little risk if your clubs aren’t accepted for trade based on condition.

2nd Swing is decent as well, but you have to ship them before the credit can be applied.

Thank you!!!!

Driver - Cobra Radspeed

3w - Radspeed

58° Avalon

Some that I'm aware of for trade-in that aren't OEM's:

Global Golf
2nd Swing
ProClubs
Golf Galaxy
PGATSS

Some will give you free shipping to send them in if there isn't a store close.

Or go directly with Cobra or Ping. Not sure if Ping might give a little more if you are buying clubs from them with that amount applied to the final price.

I sell most of my stuff on eBay or via FB BST groups, especially if there's a BST group for that particular brand. eBay fee is generally 14% of the combo of price/tax/shipping, but only subtracted from the sale price + shipping amount (if you ask for shipping dollars). Then I tend to use Pirate Ship to get my shipping labels, as they will almost always be the lowest price for USPS/UPS/FedEx.

Here's an eBay example of something I sold recently, for your info. Sales tax is based on the buyer's location and can fluctuate a little. So the final net proceeds were ($294.99+$9.99)-$43.64. I paid for the shipping label at Pirate Ship out of pocket, so that doesn't show in my final overall "take home" amount.

image.png.598d80fe0aee8173e014c984fa5878bb.png

Definitely worth the time to go through the online estimator to get the quotes for trade-in at the various places as well as any fees/shipping that might come out of your pocket. You can also search eBay for your exact clubs and see what they're selling for, then subtract the fees to understand your potential take home amount.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

You could also look to sell them DTC on ebay or on the forum.

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

Just now, USMCSnyper said:

You could also look to sell them DTC on ebay or on the forum.

Thank you!

Driver - Cobra Radspeed

3w - Radspeed

58° Avalon