Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Swing weight and Grips

Hey everyone just a late night thought after reflecting on my first round of the season (9 holes) and looking for some input. 

I have swapped over from super chunky distance irons as I’m a mid/high handicapper and made the jump over to Mizuno blades to get some more feel out of my irons. (My WITB link for reference: 

Anyway after playing the round with all the new clubs I didn’t swing my driver until the 7th hole as I wanted to see what the new clubs felt like. They felt amazing and will update my WITB after another couple rounds and range session. 

my biggest notice was the swing weight now for my driver feels like I’m swinging a sledge hammer (slightly over dramatic). 
So, my question following this (I will obviously put more reps and practice in before hand), if I still feel like my driver (which has a standard grip) has too much weight in the head would swapping over to a mid size (on my new 5 wood and feels so much better then regular in my hands) or even a JumboMax grip (which I’ve been heavily contemplating for the passed while just so pricy as I live in Canada) be worth investing into to try and balance out the swing weight so it feels like it matches the rest of my bag?

9 hours ago, Keelin said:

So, my question following this (I will obviously put more reps and practice in before hand), if I still feel like my driver (which has a standard grip) has too much weight in the head would swapping over to a mid size (on my new 5 wood and feels so much better then regular in my hands) or even a JumboMax grip (which I’ve been heavily contemplating for the passed while just so pricy as I live in Canada) be worth investing into to try and balance out the swing weight so it feels like it matches the rest of my bag?

If you like the midsize grip and feel it perform better switch to a midsize grip.   Midsize grips are typically heavier and will reduce the swingweight of your club.   JumboMax may not; depending on model,  some are lighter than standard grips.   Basically, to lower swingweight you need a grip that weighs more than your current grip.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG