Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Lots of positive posts!  

Have you experienced anything that might prevent you from considering this for a home sim setup addition?

How easy/hard is it to re-setup, or pack up and move?

I agree with @buckpillar .  Exputt is extremely easy to set up and is very portable. I roll up the mat when not is use so the cats don’t decide to scratch the mat. It takes all of a minute to put away the mat and the same to put is back down.

The mat when rolled up is smalller that a loaf of bread and has a nice bag to put it in. The entire system fits into a box about the size of a large shoe box.

I have taken the system over to my son’s house and used it there several times as well. 

Edited by Wolfstrum

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

ExPutt performance update 

Finally figured out why my numbers were inconsistent. I had my ExPutt set up on my office plush rug, my distance control was all over the place.

I decided to put thin plexiglass under the mat and OMG major difference, my distance control, my lines improved and the roll of the ball was great. 

My thought was that before the plexiglass was added, I felt that the weight of the ball and the carpet underneath the mat was like a sponge causing the ball speed to be inconsistent.

Like I said my numbers improved, now let's see how much better I can do going forward.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt Mat 

After putting thin plexiglass under the mat in my setup on the plush rug, my numbers have improved, distance control is much better and the ball is rolling consistently. 
After adding the plexiglass, the ball didn’t move when I grounded the putter, after striking the ball, it rolled smoothly, it didn’t follow the contour of the rug, just the level surface of the mat on the plexiglass.

For anyone currently owning or for future purchases of an ExPutt, make sure it is on a solid base for it to perform at its best, in my opinion / experience. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt Mat 

After putting thin plexiglass under the mat in my setup on the plush rug, my numbers have improved, distance control is much better and the ball is rolling consistently. 
After adding the plexiglass, the ball didn’t move when I grounded the putter, after striking the ball, it rolled smoothly, it didn’t follow the contour of the rug, just the level surface of the mat on the plexiglass.

For anyone currently owning or for future purchases of an ExPutt, make sure it is on a solid base for it to perform at its best, in my opinion / experience. 

I agree with this! It works great off my wood floor but not so good off of a rug/carpet. You inspired me to pull mine out for some practice after a rough putting round yesterday!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

6 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I agree with this! It works great off my wood floor but not so good off of a rug/carpet. You inspired me to pull mine out for some practice after a rough putting round yesterday!

Glad I sparked the interest in the Exputt again for you, now that it took me so long to figure it out, my practice and game play with the breaking putts have gotten a lot better.

I need to set up a match with everyone again, I it's tuff for everyone to connect but we can try.

Anyone up for a match this week sometime?

Are you ready?

20240817_122626.1.jpg.387eb14f33ffeba6dad0564652c22de2.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 8/15/2024 at 8:14 AM, Rob Person said:

Lots of positive posts!  

Have you experienced anything that might prevent you from considering this for a home sim setup addition?

How easy/hard is it to re-setup, or pack up and move?

Its more of an inconvenience than anything. compared to a home sim, the camera kinda gets in the way or according to significant others, its an eye sore and sticks out in a negative manner. Like previous posts, if the lighting isn't perfect it can take an extra minute for the camera and mat to link up. 

1. Driver Ping G5
  2. 3 Wood Ping G5
  3. 22 degree hybrid Ping G5
  4. Irons Ping G5 4-SW
  5. Putter Ping Anser 2
  6. Ball, anything that finds water

What, if any, improvements could any of you see making this setup even better?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

32 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I think a set of accessories would be nice. This is after all a practice tool and anything that helps that process would be good.

1. Ability to work with a putting mirror would be great, or them providing a specific putting mirror/gates that work with this
  2. More visible backswing distance indicators, even if its something you can lay on top of the mat
  3. Better iPad app

If I think of anything else, I'll add it

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

The number 1 things I want to see improved is to make the iPad app full featured.

I would much rather have this set up in the corner of my office with my iPad than connected to the TV.  I was sort of surprised when I loaded up the iPad app to find it only had the basic practice mode.

Outside of that it has worked really well for me.  I might go make a few putts now before I head off to bed.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I think adding some sort of a guided rail, like the one i was trying to use, i think if it was completely see through the sensor would have been able to read the ExPutt mat, but it was reading the entire putting device I was trying.

I like the basic setup, might upgrade the camera and possibly add some hard surfaces to put under the mat just in case the only place you have to put it is on a plush rug.

Iagree with @GolfSpy BOS the IPad app remind me of a test environment, limited functions and not much data to be had. if it was a full version then you got a great mobile game you can easily take anywhere

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

@Rob Person I would agree with @MissionMan and @buckpillar on the added accessories. 
tjere are also some software/programk g updates they could make beyond the iPad app that would be great improvements. 

Played a few multiplayer matches last night against someone in Japan. Won one and lost one. 

@buckpillar let’s see if we can find a time that works.  I am down to play. 

50 minutes ago, Wolfstrum said:

Played a few multiplayer matches last night against someone in Japan. Won one and lost one. 

@buckpillar let’s see if we can find a time that works.  I am down to play. 

Awesome please let me know 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Just played Yoshi who is ranked second overall worldwide (523K points). Needless to say I didn't win.

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

ExPutt Match - @AverageSizedDog @buckpillar 8/21/2024

Played a couple matches against @AverageSizedDog tonight, we played random selected greens from random courses and had the Stimp set to 10.

The battles were really enjoyable, the AvaerageSizeDog  putted like a BIG DOG with great speed and distance control. The DOG drained a Birdie putt from another zip code that looked like it was a double breaker.

Since I placed the plexiglass under my mat, I have started putting very well, distance and speed control are currently at a premium, reading the greens and adjusting for the uphill downhill putts has gotten better. 

ExPutt is winning my heart over in practice mode and really starting to love the matches, I still would like to see more data that is available in practice mode available in the gaming modes.

All in All, AverageSizeDog and I enjoyed the matches and even threw some emojis out.

Back to practicing and trying different greens and courses.

** I tried to video the match but the way the phone was reading the TV screen made it turn out pretty bad, I'm going to have to find a different way to video the matches. More to come on this one.**

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

11 hours ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt Match - @AverageSizedDog @buckpillar 8/21/2024

Played a couple matches against @AverageSizedDog tonight, we played random selected greens from random courses and had the Stimp set to 10.

The battles were really enjoyable, the AvaerageSizeDog  putted like a BIG DOG with great speed and distance control. The DOG drained a Birdie putt from another zip code that looked like it was a double breaker.

Since I placed the plexiglass under my mat, I have started putting very well, distance and speed control are currently at a premium, reading the greens and adjusting for the uphill downhill putts has gotten better. 

ExPutt is winning my heart over in practice mode and really starting to love the matches, I still would like to see more data that is available in practice mode available in the gaming modes.

All in All, AverageSizeDog and I enjoyed the matches and even threw some emojis out.

Back to practicing and trying different greens and courses.

** I tried to video the match but the way the phone was reading the TV screen made it turn out pretty bad, I'm going to have to find a different way to video the matches. More to come on this one.**

Dude it was way fun last night, one complain about the game is the lack of birdie looks but somehow that was the putt of the night. Also Exputt is ruthless from 2-5 feet. 

1. Driver Ping G5
  2. 3 Wood Ping G5
  3. 22 degree hybrid Ping G5
  4. Irons Ping G5 4-SW
  5. Putter Ping Anser 2
  6. Ball, anything that finds water

The Good the Bad and the Ugly on the Exputt RG. 

The Good is that the graphics are great.

The Bad is that the reviews on You Tube don't cover half the information you need to use this simulator. The manual that comes with the unit is also garbage and leaves out too much important stuff you have to find on your own.

Finally the UGLY. Exputt has no product support. I have send them 3 emails for help. They told me to reference the manual in the first email. The information I needed IS NOT in the manual. They never responded to my other 2 emails. Buy this product at your own risk. I am a retired aerospace engineer and thanks to my troubleshooting skills developed with my career I was able to help myself. BUYER BEWARE. To muc h frustration for the money.

4 hours ago, fotofreddy said:

The Bad is that the reviews on You Tube don't cover half the information you need to use this simulator. The manual that comes with the unit is also garbage and leaves out too much important stuff you have to find on your own.

Finally the UGLY. Exputt has no product support. I have send them 3 emails for help. They told me to reference the manual in the first email. The information I needed IS NOT in the manual. They never responded to my other 2 emails. Buy this product at your own risk. I am a retired aerospace engineer and thanks to my troubleshooting skills developed with my career I was able to help myself. BUYER BEWARE. To muc h frustration for the money.

@fotofreddy I tend to disagree with most of your claims, I'm sorry that you are unhappy with your outcome, however My experience has been great since I have been testing the ExPutt, Setup was explained clearly in the manual and the different game modes were explained clearly also. With many options for you to make a wide variety of changes to and then possibly not like the results of the way the ExPutt responded with data and overall performance, I'm guessing it would have been easy to reset the ExPutt and remedy the issues you may have encountered. The Manuel is there for assistance and describes the process for each practice, game etc. 

Graphics are Great, but the buyer beware to much frustration for the money is very disagreeable

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

6 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@fotofreddy I tend to disagree with most of your claims, I'm sorry that you are unhappy with your outcome, however My experience has been great since I have been testing the ExPutt, Setup was explained clearly in the manual and the different game modes were explained clearly also. With many options for you to make a wide variety of changes to and then possibly not like the results of the way the ExPutt responded with data and overall performance, I'm guessing it would have been easy to reset the ExPutt and remedy the issues you may have encountered. The Manuel is there for assistance and describes the process for each practice, game etc. 

Graphics are Great, but the buyer beware to much frustration for the money is very disagreeable

You are entitled to your opinion. Please tell me on which page in the manual it tells you are to connect to your WIFI if the Exputt does not do it automatically. Also please show me where in the manual or video it explains where and how to change the distance readout from meters to feet. You probably can't as neither the videos or manual cover this. My entire aviation career I have spent many hours having my technical team ensure that all required information to support the system was there. Today, with the internet it is so easy to provide updates to the manual for all owners. I think you are paid too much for too little information, and you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

57 minutes ago, fotofreddy said:

You are entitled to your opinion. Please tell me on which page in the manual it tells you are to connect to your WIFI if the Exputt does not do it automatically. Also please show me where in the manual or video it explains where and how to change the distance readout from meters to feet. You probably can't as neither the videos or manual cover this. My entire aviation career I have spent many hours having my technical team ensure that all required information to support the system was there. Today, with the internet it is so easy to provide updates to the manual for all owners. I think you are paid too much for too little information, and you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

I’m sorry your unhappy with your experience, it’s not always A+B = D

The information is there, self explanatory, I don’t get paid, my opinions are honest unbiased judgements of the product that I’m testing for MyGolfSpy.

Hope you have a nice night. Btw welcome to the MGS forum!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 hours ago, fotofreddy said:

Please tell me on which page in the manual it tells you are to connect to your WIFI if the Exputt does not do it automatically.

https://exputt.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/EX500D_ENG.pdf 

See if pgs. 10-12 gets you going. 12 had some notes that may help.

Pg. 14 (at bottom under Personal Setting) mentions in bullet point 5 where to change your settings with a screen diagram.

Edited by AP Major

WITB
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*
3w - Ping G400 14.5*
5w - Ping G400 17.5* (adj. to 18.1*)
2i - Wilson Staff Utility 18*
4i - Wilson Staff Utility 24*
5i-PW - Wilson Staff Blades (2019)
50* - Wilson Staff ZM (8* bounce)
56* - Wilson Staff HT (10* bounce)
P - Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, AP Major said:

Pg. 14 (at bottom under Personal Setting) mentions in bullet point 5 where to change your settings with a screen diagram.

I'm not sure if @fotofreddy had an experience with a previous model, but none of the concerns he has raised seem valid from a user manual perspective, so I'm a little confused. The wifi setup was seamless, although a poor experience could also be due to poor wifi in the room you're set up in. I've previously had people complain about the internet speed with starlink and when you question them about it, you find out they are battling because they're trying to access the wifi from 50m away from the router. 

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

12 hours ago, fotofreddy said:

We're the UK and European distributor for ExPutt and we'd be happy to help with any issues you may be facing. Sorry for the lack of communication or response you've received so far. Drop us an email customerservice@secondchance.co.uk.

We have a team of golfers who work here, however our in-house PGA Professionals bag is:

Driver - Cobra KING F9  

3 Wood - Cobra KING F9

3 Hybrid - Cobra KING F9

3-PW - Nike VR II Pro Blades

52 - Nike VR II Pro Forged

58 - Nike VR II Pro Forged 

Putter - Rife RG1 Blade

Ball - Pro V1x

7 hours ago, fotofreddy said:

I don't think any piece of tech automatically connects to WiFi when you first turn it on. But, in the manual it states on page 11 how to set this up and, on page 14, bullet point 05 it states how to set preferences e.g. distance units.

We have a team of golfers who work here, however our in-house PGA Professionals bag is:

Driver - Cobra KING F9  

3 Wood - Cobra KING F9

3 Hybrid - Cobra KING F9

3-PW - Nike VR II Pro Blades

52 - Nike VR II Pro Forged

58 - Nike VR II Pro Forged 

Putter - Rife RG1 Blade

Ball - Pro V1x

3 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I'm not sure if @fotofreddy had an experience with a previous model, but none of the concerns he has raised seem valid from a user manual perspective, so I'm a little confused. The wifi setup was seamless, although a poor experience could also be due to poor wifi in the room you're set up in. I've previously had people complain about the internet speed with starlink and when you question them about it, you find out they are battling because they're trying to access the wifi from 50m away from the router. 

I'm thinking it's also possible it's a prior generation model?

If you read through the first few pages of the testers, any immediate setup concerns were addressed.  

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I'm not sure if @fotofreddy had an experience with a previous model

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

I'm thinking it's also possible it's a prior generation model?  

The prior version; which I tested for MGS forum, did not have WIFI capability so it has to be the RG version which is being tested as part of the forum.   All I can say is that I found the  majority of the screens and options to be self explanatory and not requiring additional user documentation.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, AP Major said:

@AP Major @fotofreddy- Good call Sir Good Call!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt Transition to on Course Play

Played 54 holes in 2 days, I was quite impress with my transition from ExPutt practice/gaming to reality, I was able to gauge the speed of the greens easier, my distance control was stellar and only had 3 Three putts, Reading the greens

I was able to determine breaks and slopes better on the course than on the ExPutt, maybe ExPutt can develop a view point from a human perspective, lets say have the view from the ball to the set at the height of 6 feet, this will allow the golfer to visually look down on the line of the put to get more detail instead of ball view.

I have practice steadily on the ExPutt with the Stimp set at 11, that is normally a little quick for the greens close to home, but the greens we played the past 2 days ran at 12 to 13 on the stimp meter, so my practice sessions really helped and forged some muscle memory and concentration, commit to the line and trust your stroke that you have been grooving on the ExPutt.

Right now I can say the ExPutt has taken my putting from good to better, now need to continue practice to go from better to best.

20240825_1327102.jpg.8e1395072268faba4c1244796d09cb49.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com