HackMotion 2.0 - 2024 Forum Review

1 hour ago, ColdOkieGolf said:

One thing I've struggled with is the whole concept of feel vs real.   I'll try to make swing changes and record myself and just can't seem to nail certain positions.

The idea of real time feedback with the hackmotion seems like such a huge game changer for folks like myself.   Super interested to read the feedback from the testers!

Very well stated.  This is exactly what I have been working on in the garage with my takeaway and a camera.  What I see I am doing is off from what I feel I am doing.  I am optimistic this will cut down on that transition between feel and real.  I have spent many hours over the past few months attempting to resolve this issue.

Driver: Callaway Epic

Irons: 4-PW Callaway Apex 

Wedges: 1 Vokey in 52, 1 Callaway in 60, and a Callaway in 56

Putter:  All over the place, Titleist SC Circa 62 model 3 mostly in the bag.

Congrats fellas. This is a cool test to do 

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensi 55 gm Stiff

:titelist-small: 915F 5w Mitsubishi Diamana White Stiff

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21* 23* Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Stiff

:titelist-small: 716 AP1 5-AW

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52* 56*

2 hours ago, NotScratchYet said:

Very well stated.  This is exactly what I have been working on in the garage with my takeaway and a camera.  What I see I am doing is off from what I feel I am doing.  I am optimistic this will cut down on that transition between feel and real.  I have spent many hours over the past few months attempting to resolve this issue.

That is EXACTLY me!  

I've struggled with getting the clubhead going too much inside and getting under plane in the backswing.    I'll literally run back and forth recording my swing in the garage and reviewing it over and over thinking a certain feel with be the difference.   Swing almost always ends up looking the exact same, lol.

Callaway Paradym TD
Cobra BioCell + 3/4 wood
Callaway Apex Pro 21 3 hybrid
Ping S55 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50f, 56s
Ping Tour Gorge 58 TS
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Look forward to reading our testers' feedback to understand beyond all the advertising hype!

"Just hit it down the middle. It's wide open there." - Coach Haberli
Woods: A Grind BX-D 9.5° A Grind FW DST 14°
Hybrids: 
A Grind BX-H 17° | A Grind Utility Proto 19.5° | A Grind+ Utility 23°
Irons: :KZG: Tri-Tour Forged Irons 6-9

Wedges: :vokey-small: 46°, 50°, 55°, 60°
Putter: :cameron-small: Studio Design 1
Balls: 
:srixon-small: XV-Star🔹 | :wilson-small: Triad
Distance Trackers: Garmin CT10 | Garmin Approach S70 | Eenour U1000 Pro rangefinder
Training Aids: The Stack System | Fit for Golf Programme | PuttOut Pressure Putt | The Pill 

Congrats to all the testers! Looking forward to seeing results of this technology.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Congrats testers, I’ve seen the usual you tube golf channel people talking about hack motion and of course some seem truly amazed by this and love that golf spy get’s to test this product. 

Allowing golf spy testers to deep dive into all the pro’s and cons is truly eye opening for everyone. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Congrats testers - certainly interested in how you find this and what changes it brings into your game - videos I've seen of this certainly look great.

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to HackMotion 2.0 - 2024 Forum Review

For me, the HackMotion cannot come soon enough! I was hitting balls yesterday with a slightly different backswing feel (earlier set) and I was starting to shank the ball which is always scary. After some analysis, I believe I was lifting the club too much vertically (radial deviation) and not enough horizontally (ideally moving towards a flat wrist or even slightly into flexion). One of the things I am looking forward to with HackMotion is not having to guess where my wrists should be in the backswing and downswing. I don't know about others but I learned a "toe up" feeling in the early part of the back swing which is actually an open clubface (especially if you have a stronger grip) so I have had to learn what feels like taking it back closed (which is actually square to my spine angle and the swing arc) and even after several years of working on this it still feels mega shut. 

image.png.714b81e65ce2ca3df09b037c705b832f.png

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review -- 

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

For me, the HackMotion cannot come soon enough! I was hitting balls yesterday with a slightly different backswing feel (earlier set) and I was starting to shank the ball which is always scary. After some analysis, I believe I was lifting the club too much vertically (radial deviation) and not enough horizontally (ideally moving towards a flat wrist or even slightly into flexion). One of the things I am looking forward to with HackMotion is not having to guess where my wrists should be in the backswing and downswing. I don't know about others but I learned a "toe up" feeling in the early part of the back swing which is actually an open clubface (especially if you have a stronger grip) so I have had to learn what feels like taking it back closed (which is actually square to my spine angle and the swing arc) and even after several years of working on this it still feels mega shut. 

Exactly Vandyland!  I have checked my inbox for shipping notifications too many times already.  

Your description of the feeling of taking it back closed has been a goal of mine to correct since I put up the net and mat in the garage.  I had one lesson when I was in my early twenties where the instructor told me to get the toe of the club pointing up.  He never told me why or what was causing an overly shut clubface.  The whole 1/2 hour was just him bored out of his mind and contemplating his life choices repeating closed, closed, closed.  Never went back.  I am looking forward to seeing what the HackMotion can accomplish with my ingrained swing mechanics.

As a user of the prior generation of HackMotion, I'll certainly be interested in this. I almost pulled the trigger on the upgrade deal, but couldn't quite justify the cost to myself. I'm currently at the Plus features level, and use the putting stability feature more than anything else. Really hoping to read some insights on the measured putting rotation feature at the Pro level to see if it is valuable to our reviewers.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

As a user of the prior generation of HackMotion, I'll certainly be interested in this. I almost pulled the trigger on the upgrade deal, but couldn't quite justify the cost to myself. I'm currently at the Plus features level, and use the putting stability feature more than anything else. Really hoping to read some insights on the measured putting rotation feature at the Pro level to see if it is valuable to our reviewers.

I'm on on the Core package, so it's like $30 difference between just upgrading the hardware or upgrading to the Plus package. Not a fan of them having the costs so close.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

If you haven't seen it, HackMotion has a "Learning Center" (https://hackmotion.com/learning-center/ ) which is a helpful toe-dip into their philosophy. I was especially intrigued/pleased with the article on "Understanding Different Types of Swing Patterns" as their 'Wrist pattern A' is the pattern I have been trying to achieve with assistance from my instructor Monte Scheinblum. 

image.png.e305324ee6f8e2db5f69d4a75ab907b4.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Putting is one of my biggest weaknesses in terms of consistency.  I look forward to seeing what this can provide in that arena.  I tend to attempt a straight back and straight through putting stroke which sometimes causes an under-rotation on backstroke.  This is definitely on my radar for testing.

14 hours ago, vandyland said:

If you haven't seen it, HackMotion has a "Learning Center" (https://hackmotion.com/learning-center/ ) which is a helpful toe-dip into their philosophy. I was especially intrigued/pleased with the article on "Understanding Different Types of Swing Patterns" as their 'Wrist pattern A' is the pattern I have been trying to achieve with assistance from my instructor Monte Scheinblum. 

Really fascinating - I seem to be Swing B (which matches up with my coach telling me I'm lower core in David Wright terms, and also rear post). I hope we have some other Swing B-ers in the house that I can follow along with 🙂

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

14 hours ago, vandyland said:

Thanks for that!    Really interesting stuff there,   it'd be cool for everyone to try one just to see what swing/wrist pattern you are.

Callaway Paradym TD
Cobra BioCell + 3/4 wood
Callaway Apex Pro 21 3 hybrid
Ping S55 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50f, 56s
Ping Tour Gorge 58 TS
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Just a quick update Spies.  It looks like the HackMotion will be in this week.  I am looking forward to putting this device through the paces.  Unboxing update following soon after arrival!

It's like Christmas Eve around these parts.  Can't wait for the product to arrive and get this test started!  Thanks to the manufacturer and the MGS staff for trusting me with this opportunity!

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I live in the U.K. and enjoy this website and forum . I apply for every testing opportunity MGS releases but have never even had a sniff in two years . Can I get an honest answer ? As I live in the U.K. am I never going to be considered for testing ? Has anyone in the U.K. ever been accepted for testing ? TIA 

Jeffrey Patterson

3 hours ago, Jeffthechef23 said:

I live in the U.K. and enjoy this website and forum . I apply for every testing opportunity MGS releases but have never even had a sniff in two years . Can I get an honest answer ? As I live in the U.K. am I never going to be considered for testing ? Has anyone in the U.K. ever been accepted for testing ? TIA 

1. I would start out by reading this guide. 

2. Some of the OEM's set geographical locations for their testing opportunities and it's good to check out whether or not there's one set in the test you're looking to apply for in the first post in whatever testing thread you're looking at. 

Eager to see the unboxing, impressions, and reviews.  Good luck spy testers!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

They really shouldn’t tease me extra by telling me my “driver” is almost here! 

IMG_6321.jpeg

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Just a little bit of a teaser.  Along with some freshly picked peaches.  Will post an unboxing and initial impression very soon!

Hackmotion1.1.jpeg.e9d6ddc08c041af3e9835d8a11b2f940.jpeg

Hello Spies,

Just a little tidbit from today.  My son had Golf practice directly after I received the HackMotion in the mail.  I brought it along to get a glimpse into the putting feature/tracking.  Of course, I let my son try it on, which I regret after looking at the data.  See a glimpse of how awful at putting I am.

Meinitputting1.1.jpeg.c811e22d95fac618cc9910955f746c47.jpeg

Then of course take a look at my son's first put with the HackMotion on.  It explains why I have seen him drain many long putts.  It's cause he is so stable through impact. Pic bellow.

Soninitp1.1.jpeg.e52561a2ff79f9f108be9a6769d1ba77.jpeg

I have some initial impressions on full swings as well but will post some thoughts and images tomorrow.  I am going to dive into the putting lessons, read more on what HackMotion has to say about wrist mechanics, and dive into the app more this week.  A link to HackMotion's putting information and roles of the wrist is located here: https://hackmotion.com/learning-center/role-of-wrist-action-in-putting-unlocking-secrets-for-better-strokes/

I’m curious if any of the Testers have a swing fault if taking the club across the line in their backswing and if the device’s feedback will help you correct that. If that’s no one’s problem, good for you. But if any of you face that challenge I hope you’ll share. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Got my hackmotion! Let’s see what is inside:

IMG_1292.jpeg.0489506e46fa8e0eeb139ff0ba0390ce.jpeg

Not too many things, the sensor set, a charging cable and a clip for the sensor onto a glove. The magic is in the app and analysis, of course. They ask a few questions to start.

IMG_1288.png.7d64c7629ebca36bb77fbe40037f0f90.pngIMG_1289.png.4a5a0938d44b56a4a8eeafec0ab1709c.pngIMG_1290.png.4135ac112241928fcd15999a2275b488.png

First, have to put the sensor on and calibrate:

IMG_1294.jpeg.b958ec020867d9f46ad4ea811c14c7e7.jpeg

And then I jumped into my initial diagnostic and things went fairly well, which is good:

IMG_1295.png.37b8414138929d4e9d1ebe0ab3e9b414.png

I took 11 swings in the diagnostic and obviously go from extension at setup, lose some of that at the top and then lose a little more at impact. The top, surprisingly is in range. 
IMG_1296.png.405a51c58747860b6eda30e56125477e.png
Impact position missed a few times (the ideal range)

IMG_1297.png.a7255a0bd39ddacd6c3484e5869714b9.png

Feedback was too flexed on a few swings, which was interesting. The app then suggested that I need to go from flexed to more extended:

IMG_1299.png.1329c0f32e8712daf171865c6f8b3636.png

They are suggesting a target position with hands more even with ball rather than in front. They then have drills prescribed at ingraining this release pattern:

Edited by vandyland

23 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Got my hackmotion! Let’s see what is inside:

IMG_1292.jpeg.0489506e46fa8e0eeb139ff0ba0390ce.jpeg

Not too many things, the sensor set, a charging cable and a clip for the sensor onto a glove. The magic is in the app and analysis, of course. They ask a few questions to start.

IMG_1288.png.7d64c7629ebca36bb77fbe40037f0f90.pngIMG_1289.png.4a5a0938d44b56a4a8eeafec0ab1709c.pngIMG_1290.png.4135ac112241928fcd15999a2275b488.png

First, have to put the sensor on and calibrate:

IMG_1294.jpeg.b958ec020867d9f46ad4ea811c14c7e7.jpeg

And then I jumped into my initial diagnostic and things went fairly well, which is good:

IMG_1295.png.37b8414138929d4e9d1ebe0ab3e9b414.png

I took 11 swings in the diagnostic and obviously go from extension at setup, lose some of that at the top and then lose a little more at impact. The top, surprisingly is in range. 
IMG_1296.png.405a51c58747860b6eda30e56125477e.png
Impact position missed a few times (the ideal range):

IMG_1297.png.a7255a0bd39ddacd6c3484e5869714b9.png

Feedback was too flexed on a few swings, which was interesting. The app then suggested that I need to go from flexed to more extended:

IMG_1299.png.1329c0f32e8712daf171865c6f8b3636.png

They are suggesting a target position with hands more even with ball rather than in front. They then have drills prescribed at ingraining this release pattern:

Interesting that they want your hands farther back at impact. That image reminds me of someone flipping at impact (my main issue). So that's a bit surprising to me.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

@vandyland: I imagine you're in a fairly narrow percentile of those that HM is trying to be more extended at impact. For context, I went back to your intro post, in which you said: "Typical ball flight is a pull draw which I presume comes from clubface that is closed to the path too much (have confirmed this on Trackman) so I typically need to have a more open clubface (relative to path)."

HM's description of the potential problem is clipped on your screenshot, but given your fuller description of your game and current handicap, my guess is that you do rotate well through the swing, and that if your lead wrist was slightly less flexed, you might see fewer of the pulls?

Anyway, very interesting stuff, and I'll be continuing to watch your progress with HM.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures