Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What Shafts to use in wedges?

I currently use SM4 Vokey wedges with an SM7 in the 54, and have been thinking of upgrading recently, I currently have wedge flex in my wedges; which I am not sure what it actually is so could somebody please explain it to me? I swing my wedges all in the range of 80-90 mph and am not sure what shafts I should have in my wedges

Dr: Paradym TD/ Tensei ck Orange

3W: M1/ HZRDUS green“hulk”

7W: Ping g20/ UST mamiya Proforce

2i: Sim UDI/ Tour AD YSQ 105

4i-9i: Titleist 2021 T100

Wedges: Assortment of vokeys (SM4, SM6 and SM9)

Putter: Home milled prototype putter

1 minute ago, josh.Scott said:

I currently use SM4 Vokey wedges with an SM7 in the 54, and have been thinking of upgrading recently, I currently have wedge flex in my wedges; which I am not sure what it actually is so could somebody please explain it to me? I swing my wedges all in the range of 80-90 mph and am not sure what shafts I should have in my wedges

We had a Live Q&A with Vokey earlier and they talked about this.

For wedges you use full shots you can use the same shafts you use in your irons. For others you can go either way depending on your feel or requirements.

Personally I went 10 grams heavier than my iron shafts, but I'm also in graphite do 95 grams with the MMT and love them. 

Depending on if you want to feel some sort of load you can go with a lighter or if you want a stiffer more solid profile then you can go with a heavier or firmer or even the same all the way through. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, josh.Scott said:

Stock wedge shaft in Vokey wedges is your basic Dynamic Gold S300 (sometimes S200) - if you like Dynamic Gold then happy days. It's possible to get them custom ordered with just about anything you want depending on what your iron set up is, but ultimately it's down to personal preferrence.