I started golfing in my teens in the late 80s, but my WITB only changed once between then and 2022, mainly because I had a 'golfing hiatus' from 2002 to 2022! Other sports, marriage and kids distracted me sufficiently that during 'the dark years' my clubs were only dusted off for two trips to Par 3 courses on work outings and one brief 9-hole outing. My first set was a hand-me-down set of Wilson staff blades and persimmon woods.

When friends convinced me to dig out my clubs and join them for a round, and then play a charity scramble, the golf bug bit HARD and I was back. With the help of a mad keen golfing friend loaning me a few clubs, I quickly replaced my 90s set with something more modern and appropriate for returning to a good playing standard once again. I have made a number of mistakes in the rush to update the bag, but I'm settling towards a more consistent bag...albeit I am a tinkerer and nothing is truly ever 'safe'. Ha ha.

Since returning to golf, I've replaced every club at least once and some more than that, so here's where I currently sit:

IMG_6703.jpeg.3cb4c502a63cad8b0b261136857834f8.jpeg

Top end of the bag...

IMG_6706.jpeg.38f0bffd11f99df8d8f4dc0336519be2.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 LST. My previous driver was a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, but anything in the toe results in low spinning draw/pull. My natural driver shot shape is a fade/slice, so the Rogue gave me a big 2-way miss on bad shots. The Ping all but removes the big left (pull/hook) miss on all but the worst swings. I tried the G430 Max and G425 Max and LST when I was hunting for a Ping I liked the sound and feel as well as resulting shots. I'm not 100% sold on the Ping, but have a combination of head setup (8*, 25g - vs 22g stock - rear weight in center position, Kai'Li white 60X shaft) that is helping me find fairways more often than I have to date with this club and way more than the Callaway. Club head speed is down with the Ping. It's just more effort to break 110mph and I have to maintain a slightly stronger grip to square the club face than the already-more-square-at-address Rogue Max LS. I do have a Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max on order, so I'm looking forward to testing that against the Ping next month.

The Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Max is a direct result of being in this community. I hit the stock Triple Diamond well at the free Callaway fitting early this year, but it wasn't as forgiving as I wanted. I heard about the Max model here and about the great 'Double Trade In' Callaway was offering a short time ago. I had some clubs I hadn't been able to sell for what I felt they were worth and Callaway's deal gave me trade in values higher than I was trying to sell for!  I will offload whichever driver loses the battle. I'm really hoping the TD Max works out and doesn't have a 2-way miss for me of the same magnitude the Rogue did. I still have the Rogue, so it'll be a 3-way shootout on the sim and range, and a 2-way shootout on the course.

Fairway woods: Titleist TSR2+ 3W (12.25*/ C2 hosel; -0.75* loft, 0.75* upright) and TSR2 7W (21*, standard hosel). These replaced Callaway Rogue ST Max fairway woods, which both had stiff Tensei AV Blue shafts and were 4W and 7W. Switching to heavier (70/75g) stiffer (x-stiff) shafts in the fairway woods was a great move for me. The 7W is so reliable and flexible, I made the switch from stock 15* 3W head to the TSR2+ 13* head (now set to 12.25*) to use almost exclusively off the tee like a mini-driver.  I had a 7W before joining the MGS community, but moving to Titleist woods was definitely a decision made easier from searching through the forum for formal and informal reviews and comments.

Hybrid/ driving iron: Taylormade Stealth+ 3H, set to 18*, x-stiff HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red XS shaft. Man I love this club! I can't see this leaving my bag until it breaks or I wear through the club face.lol. It's such a nice club to hit and provides the ability to shape shots and hit stingers and low recovery shots when needed. I played with carrying a 2-iron (Taylormade P790UDI), but this is easier to hit, more forgiving of off-center strikes and capable of hitting the same shot profile and distances the 2-iron was. It took a few hybrids before I found 'the one' and I definitely could have saved some wasted purchases by going for a fitting early on.

Middle and lower end of the bag...

IMG_6707(1).jpeg.dbd700d6058bebecd753a37ab6241232.jpeg

Irons: 2019 Taylormade P790 5-PW (I have the AW too, but don't carry it). KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X, +0.5". This set was a loaner from a friend that turned into a purchase and then shaft upgrade. They've done me really well the past 18 months. A huge upgrade on my 1992 Prosimmons.lol. But I do suffer with the occasional 'hot' shot that flies 10+% further than expected. That has me thinking about an upgrade to at least 7-PW at some point in the next year or so. I've been following all the MGS iron tests with great interest. The DTC brands are appealing to do something a little different and non-mainstream.

Wedge setup: Taylormade 50*/09 MG4 w. same shaft as irons (+0.25" rather than +0.5"); Taylormade 56*/12 MG4TW Raw (stock); Vokey SM9 60*/04T (stock). I'm pretty happy with this setup right now. I've tried a few combination of wedges the past couple of years, but this is working pretty well for now. Not fitted. I also have an older TM MG2 TW 60* that is higher bounce than the SM09, so that may rotate back into the bag in softer/ wet fall and spring conditions. For summer, it's really useful having the low bounce 60*. Pic of the faces of the MG4TW Raw 56* and MG4 50*.

When new, the laser etched grooves on the MG4 feel like sandpaper and the spin rates are fantastic. However, as I'd seen on some reviews, those grooves wear fairly quickly. The main grooves are still great, but in the center impact area of the face the 56* is already feeling pretty smooth compared to the top of the face that doesn't get used outside of bunkers. Something to definitely be aware of. However, the wedges do feel really nice to play with and I don't regret buying them.

IMG_6069.jpeg.1aecd0c2ca5f09abee045ea490b3656d.jpeg

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X7 w. Golf Pride Reverse Taper Pistol, Large. This purchase was from an MGS forum member sharing an estate sale find with the group. I absolutely love this putter and I'm really liking the reverse taper grip. I'd tried a few Phantom X7s (along with a raft of other putters) at Golf Galaxy and local golf clubs and loved the feel and roll, with the alignment of the fang design being a big plus. I've gamed blade, double-wide, D-shaped mallet and a couple of fang (this X7 and Odyssey #7 variants). I've also played with counterbalanced (38" length) and 33-35". This putter is the one that has felt instantly a great fit.

0AAA50AE-BE8A-425A-90EC-3555823F616C_1_105_c.jpeg.514b01f481c032c8e948b83903d59d71.jpeg

Bag: Ogio Woode Hybrid stand bag as of today. :-). Searching the forum and reading pros and cons of various bags helped influence this decision. Figure I'll give it a try, but my clubs fit and are organized much better than my Taylormade select plus bag (the club slot liners of which are falling apart after less than two years). It seems to fit on the BagBoy Nitron pretty securely and looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to the bag's first outing.

IMG_6736.jpeg.a6df50380f862daeebe65784e30653a6.jpeg

Push Cart: Bag Boy Nitron 3-wheel, w. BagBoy carry bag. This is my first push cart and I really like it. It's very easy to pop open and collapse rolls well. Only downside is the brake is one wheel only, but that's very minor. It's a great push cart and the storage bag is a perfect fit and very useful for keeping the car interior grass-free.lol

Balls: Taylormade TP5X; Callaway Chrome Tour ('24); MaxFli Tour X ('24). I've lost count of how many different balls I've tried over the last couple of years, but plenty have been a quick 'no' and demoted to the 'spares and giveaway' bucket. I did the MGS Callaway Chrome Tour/Tour X test and loved the Tour. Both were great, but the Tour won out on the course for me. I still really like how the pre'24 TP5X plays and I have a good stock of them. More recently I have been trying out the Maxfli Tour X, after reading the glowing reviews among MGS users. They're a fantastic ball for the price point! 4 dozen Tour X for $110 is incredible for the performance of these balls. I've only tested on course, but for feel, distance and flight/ spin, they seem to be right up there with premium tour balls. For windy days, the Callaway Chrome Tour is hard to beat, but each has their place for me right now.

Shoes- Sqairz Velo. Fantastic shoes. Comfortable, great toe box space, stable with great grip levels. Waterproofing seems to work well. I took part in the MGS test for these shoes and I have no plans to switch to any others anytime soon. Prior to the Sqairz, I've worn Asics, Ecco and Adidas.

The Ecco Biom (my pair prior to the Sqairz) just weren't as comfortable for me as I'd expected and I wasn't impressed with longevity of the outer material in the toe area (quickly wore and looked tatty). Also the midsole split (I roll my left foot on follow through, so that's always a risk for me). To get the 'wide' fit, you remove the insole. That then reduces the arch support and general comfort level, so if you have wide feet, it's a compromise needed on shoe that cost North of $200.

The Adidas CodeChaos I really like, but I only use them for indoor sim sessions. They were an Amazon Prime Day steal last year (around $50!) and the fit is good. The sole wrapping around and up the sides helps eliminate the midsole splitting or sole detaching due to my foot roll.

IMG_6708(1).jpeg.2be09a16002f0c390cc17ff4dc79b170.jpeg

Edited by Indy_Oz
Typos

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 MAX 9* w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Incoming soon: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

I'm currently playing an older set of clubs.  My son, 13, has been burning through them the last few years.  Now that he's set for a year or so I have a fitting coming this week for new irons, excited to see what I end up with. 

Currently,

Driver: Cobra FlyZ

Fairway and Hybrid: Cobra Biocell

4-GW - Mizuno JPX EZ Forged

52,56 - Bombtech

60 - Vokey

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach

S Sheets

Custom Leatherworked

hookandhideleatherworks on insta

WITB

Cobra BioCell Driver, FW

Mizuno CLK $ Hybrid

JPX Ez 4-GW

Bombtech 52, 56

Vokey 60

Cleveland HB Putter

Now that we’re well into golf szn, I think the bag is where it needs to be for the time being. Let’s go to the tape:

IMG_1248.jpeg.fed2d7c62e2daf1532d17eac7e52482a.jpeg

Beautiful, no notes. Ok here are the notes:

Bag: Ogio Woodē 8 - A controversial pick right off the bat; the club organization seems to be a sticking point for some people but I think it’s great. I’m primarily a walker and there’s plenty of room for stuff without it feeling too heavy or off balance. Love the colorway too, the bright blue and neon combo fits right into my aesthetic. It’s a few years old but it’s safe until there’s a structural problem with the legs or something.

Driver: Taylormade SiM2 Max D - Maxing out that D is what I do baby. In all seriousness, this driver is new to the bag (~3 months) and it has completely changed my long game. I have actual confidence now that I’m going to hit it straight off the tee and I do. The shaft I use is a UST Mamiya LinQ Red in stiff flex, cut to 45.5 playing length, that I added after hitting the ProForce shaft on the Brnr Mini driver, which is not currently in my bag but has made an appearance in the past. That has also made a huge difference and I feel like I’ve finally found a combo that works for me. Right now this club is very safe in the bag.

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash - I go back and forth with this club because when I hit it well, I crush it. But I don’t often hit it well. This is not a safe club in the bag due to the presence of the aforementioned Brnr Mini. I don’t hit either club off the deck very well so this slot is strictly for a backup tee club. Probably the most unnecessary slot in my bag as long as I keep my positive momentum with the driver going.

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik - Currently my favorite club in the bag. This thing just hits fairway missiles off the deck, nice high draws off the tee for longer par 3 holes, you name it. I never used a 5 Wood until recently and now I don’t think I can play without it. Easily the biggest zero to hero club in my bag outside of the driver. Staying in the bag without a doubt, as it leads my bag in center-of-face hits by a mile.

4 Hybrid: Callaway Apex Pro - These days this is pretty much a rescue club and a Texas Wedge from 10 yards off the green when I’ve got some runway. I use it primarily for distance in punching out of bad rough or trees due to the nice low ball flight and hot face. As a long second shot fairway club, I’ve mostly graduated to the 5 wood as there’s a good chance if I’m hitting my 4H from 200 yards out, I’m probably not hitting the green. Still, it’s a reliable club that I pull out under specific circumstances and it gets the job done.

IMG_1250.jpeg.3ddceda34cf11d9886c347976420fb39.jpeg

Irons (5-PW, AW): Callaway Paradym - The newest additions to the bag thanks to Callaway Preowned, it’s the first full iron set I’ve gamed in a while. I had an old set of Taylormade R7s in high school that I sold off when I stopped playing, and over the last few years I cobbled together a mixed iron set to get my game going again. Finally, after trying the Paradym AW and hitting it better than any iron I’ve ever hit before, I bit the bullet during one of the CPO sales and got the full set. I’m 5 or so rounds in with them and they’re unreal. I found through trial and error that even though I’m a high handicapper, I hit super game improvement irons terribly due to the fat soles. I needed something a little more compact with a thinner sole to feel like I’m not swinging a shovel, and these really fit the bill. Unless I get a free set from, say, a Callaway Apex testing opportunity on a well-known and respected equipment review site, these irons will be in my bag for a few years minimum. 

52 Degree: Cleveland RTX4 - Honestly got this in average condition from CPO to test out something between my Paradym AW and my 56 degree.  Not married to this club, don’t hit it well, really just in there to fool around with/to have a club to smash into rocks if we’re playing for money and I’m sitting on a tree root or something. Could be replaced any day.

56 Degree: Callaway JAWS full face - It’s a solid sand wedge and a decent chipping club for around the green. I’ve hit some of the best shots of my life with this club but I’m also a very inconsistent chipper so it’s had its fair share of trials and tribulations. It’s safe in the bag until it wears out.

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide - The name needs workshopping but at least it isn’t some AI nonsense like half the other clubs these days. Anyway this is a good putter that I’m very consistent with. Putting is my strong suit and has saved me in many rounds where I shouldn’t have had a chance, but I get on a one putt streak and magically there’s more bogeys than doubles. Funny how that works. It’s not going anywhere unless something happens to it or the DF3 fairy from L.A.B. pays me a visit one night when I’m dreaming of lie angle balance or something.

Balls: Maxfli Tour X - Here’s the obligatory shout out to MGS for enlightening me on the Maxflis. I bought a brick of them at the start of the season and they perform great for me at a crazy good price. What’s not to love?  The Ball Lab tests and the Best Balls of 20XX data-driven testing is what got me turned on to MGS and was the driving force behind deciding to contribute to the forum, so it’s only fitting that I use one of the top testing balls of recent years.

I think that about wraps up the WITB. What a journey, right? It was cathartic for me to write this all down and realize that I don’t need to buy any more gear for a while, until I do again. 

Edited by Jakesy35
Added context to Ball review

SJ

So, first off, I seem to always go to mygolfspy.com first to check out input on any golf gear I am looking at!

I was just fitted early this spring with my set of Wilson Dynapwr Forged! I think they are my favorite clubs ever! I get tons of spin for a 64 year old and the distance is consistent. The only issue I had is the gap wedge wasn't gapped properly. I needed to make that about 1.5 degrees stronger, then added a 52 degree Wilson Staff wedge. But that has since become my favorite club, so I have ordered a 58 degree staff wedge, and will use my 56 degree Performance Golf wedge strictly for bunkers. I think these will all stay in my bag for a while, maybe forever at my age!

The putter is definitely forever! My favorite ever! It is an evnrll ER11. The best putter ever! I just added an xl grip I love (no name, but I have used it before). The putter doesn't make everything, but it rolls everything consistently!

My driver was also fitted this spring, and I got it with the irons. It is a Wilson DynaPwr Carbon, and added 15 yards to my stealth 2, believe it or not. Last week I hit 13 of 14 fairways at my home course! I put in a Mamiya 

I also have an older PXG 3 wood that I might replace with a Wilson, and a new Smoke 3 hybrid that I like but don't love.

For balls, I use Maxfli Pro yellow balls. Get tons of spin. Maybe a bit hard off of the putter, but I absolutely love these balls. 

Funny, I never thought I would be a Wilson guy but love them, and their fitting process was amazing!

Golf1.jpg

golf2.jpg

Golf3.jpg

Golf4.jpg

golf5.jpg

golf6.jpg

golf7.jpg

golf8.jpg

WITB:

Snell or Prov1 balls

Callaway driver

Tour Edge Exotics Irons/hybrids

Scotty Cameron putter

20240819_074813.jpg.f18ec9fdb2953806fa18425accfac6e9.jpg

Not a lot new here but here goes……

20240819_074836.jpg.9975f679f7e60ee31db9cbc5ba97eeae.jpg

The driver-  Taylormade SLDR with a Fujikura Red Velocore+ 6S.  The driver I have had for quite a while but at least the shaft is new.  So far I am loving it with this shaft.  Looking at the other WITB post I think I may be the only one still with a SLDR. 😂

3 Wood-  R11s RIP Phenom.  My dad had this same 3 wood and mine had been misbehaving so I borrowed his and loved it.  My wife ended up buying this one for me for Christmas.

2 Iron-  Lynx Black Cat Tour, shaft unknown lol.  I have had this so long and it never had a sticker on the shaft so I really cant remember what shaft I put in it.  Oldest and least used club in my bag.

4-PW-  Callaway Apex Pro 16 with KBS tours.  Bought these used about 7 years ago after playing with Mizunos for a few years.  Also have a set of Hogan Ft Worth black irons I reviewed for the forum a few years back.  I liked the Hogans but the Apex irons are more forgiving.

Wedges-  Finally something new!  I just got a 52 and a 58 degree RIVL wedges.  Haven’t played with them a lot yet but so far I do like the feel of them.

Putter-  Evnrol EV 5.3 duo.  I tested this putter for the forum last year and love it.  It also has the gravity grip on it which I like.

20240819_075020.jpg.aef4b42a0e6642e762aefa4756177be8.jpg

MyGolfSpy inspired-  I learned about the Maxfli golf balls on the forum and decided to give them a chance.  They became my go to ball coming from Bridgestone.  Still like the Bridgestone ball but the price point of the Maxfli cant be beat.  Also became interested in Sundog Eyewear on the forum.  These are my new glasses and  very happy with them.  Finally decided to pick up a Swing Caddie SC200 plus.  Part of the reason I decided to purchase this one was a review written on MyGolfSpy, that and some of the comments I read in the forum.  Waring though, apparently they no longer come with batteries and you have to buy your own. 🤣

20240819_075209.jpg.3957c6e9f0f5bf96e017935ac1bad449.jpg

Side note-  Most of the grips are Pure midsize grips but since they are no longer available I'm still searching for a good replacement.  After reading post on the forum I think next time I'm going to try the Star grips.

Edited by poprocksncoke

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Red 6S

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 52 Black

rivl.jpg.451a4db0b8a2d10598295b520557b7c9.jpg  Rivl 58 Black

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I had to update my WITB post after the past weekend when playing with PGA Pros in a tournament, the inevitable "why aren't you using your driver" question came up and the club came out, adjustment was made to tee height, "baseball" swing was encouraged with 2 degree up angle at ball contact, and I did not see it go but they did.  205 yards down the right middle of the fairway and kick down slope on the 10th fairway of Niagara Frontier Country Club back 9 to the creek side fairway and green.  Driver is back in the bag, now I just have to do it again... ⛳

We started on the par 3 11th and 3 of us had pars, one had birdie, and with my handicap my adjusted score was the second birdie carded for the team.  Go Handicap! 🏌️‍♂️

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 

WITB ⚡ (Lots of Links in the signature)
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳ 2021 :Inesis: ⛳2022 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳2023 :redrooster:⛳2023 LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ 2024 :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

Hey all! Thought I'd throw my WITB out there. I only recently got serious into golf. Had golfed a l handful of times prior to this year, but around May 2024 I decided this would now be my new money pit... I mean hobby.

Just getting started out, didn't want to drop too much money if I didn't like it, but as of now I'm playing a Bombtech driver, 3 wood, 3hybrid and 5hybrid. I love the hybrids and use them the most. 

My irons are hand-me-downs and what I'm looking at replacing next. They are Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro. They're about 22 years old and not exactly beginner clubs, but work for now (Lots of clubs being tested right now and keeping a close eye on what people are saying when I pull the trigger on my next set).

My pitching wedge is a Cleveland zipcore CBX. Gap, sand, and lob are Callaway Mac Daddy CB. These are what I'm most comfortable with in my bag and get excited when I drop one anywhere within 75yards of the green and get to pull them out.

My newest club is my Odyssey Eleven putter. When I saw it on the Callaway Pre-owned website as like new for $80 (which ended up being new in wrapper when it arrived) I hopped straight over to MGS to see if there was anything on it. There was, and it sold me on it. I did change the grip to a Super Stroke Zynergy Tour 3.0 which has further improved my game.

20240819_170820.jpg.8258d54c4669fc660631bbfcdce230aa.jpg

Let me know what you think!

- JayDubbzz 

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford 

26 minutes ago, JayDubbzz said:

Hey all! Thought I'd throw my WITB out there. I only recently got serious into golf. Had golfed a l handful of times prior to this year, but around May 2024 I decided this would now be my new money pit... I mean hobby.

Just getting started out, didn't want to drop too much money if I didn't like it, but as of now I'm playing a Bombtech driver, 3 wood, 3hybrid and 5hybrid. I love the hybrids and use them the most. 

My irons are hand-me-downs and what I'm looking at replacing next. They are Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro. They're about 22 years old and not exactly beginner clubs, but work for now (Lots of clubs being tested right now and keeping a close eye on what people are saying when I pull the trigger on my next set).

My pitching wedge is a Cleveland zipcore CBX. Gap, sand, and lob are Callaway Mac Daddy CB. These are what I'm most comfortable with in my bag and get excited when I drop one anywhere within 75yards of the green and get to pull them out.

My newest club is my Odyssey Eleven putter. When I saw it on the Callaway Pre-owned website as like new for $80 (which ended up being new in wrapper when it arrived) I hopped straight over to MGS to see if there was anything on it. There was, and it sold me on it. I did change the grip to a Super Stroke Zynergy Tour 3.0 which has further improved my game.

20240819_170820.jpg.8258d54c4669fc660631bbfcdce230aa.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Love those Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro irons - after my first set of hand-me-down MacGregor irons from my great uncle, my next set were Ben Hogan Apex PC (percussion center) blades, and I played them for almost 20 years until they were stolen.  
They may not be beginner clubs, but one thing was grateful for was the feedback they gave me on miss-hit so I had to dial in my swing or they wouldn’t go anywhere!  But they taught me a lot about club face control and they were awesome in tight lies and deep rough.  
These days there are so many reasonably priced, really good game improvement irons on the market to lessen the impact of off center strikes you don’t HAVE to play on older iron technology even if you’re trying to save money, but I think if you can develop a good swing and good ball striking using a more demanding iron it’ll pay dividends for you later.  
Definitely a steeper learning curve with them, and ultimately you want to have fun, so if they become frustrating just know you could probably find a Hogan fan willing to give you a decent price for them.

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

12 minutes ago, Dan Yates said:

Love those Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro irons - after my first set of hand-me-down MacGregor irons from my great uncle, my next set were Ben Hogan Apex PC (percussion center) blades, and I played them for almost 20 years until they were stolen.  
They may not be beginner clubs, but one thing was grateful for was the feedback they gave me on miss-hit so I had to dial in my swing or they wouldn’t go anywhere!  But they taught me a lot about club face control and they were awesome in tight lies and deep rough.  
These days there are so many reasonably priced, really good game improvement irons on the market to lessen the impact of off center strikes you don’t HAVE to play on older iron technology even if you’re trying to save money, but I think if you can develop a good swing and good ball striking using a more demanding iron it’ll pay dividends for you later.  
Definitely a steeper learning curve with them, and ultimately you want to have fun, so if they become frustrating just know you could probably find a Hogan fan willing to give you a decent price for them.

Thanks for the reply Dan! Sorry about the stolen clubs, that sucks. And yes, they definitely have a lot of feedback on these clubs. I know immediately if I took it off the toe or heel. But when you hit it pure, nothing feels better. Just started lessons last week and my coach said pretty much the same as, if I can learn to hit these well, I will become much better than if I were to just use some game improvement clubs. I'm just watching the forum reviews closely and seeing what may be worth checking out closer. Cheers!

- JayDubbzz 

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford 

IMG_0941.jpeg.d0dfda3d2cfc0e21b7663df7a97dae81.jpegWell I’m just a guy that loves getting out and playing a round with the boys.  For a few year I was trying to sneak the HCP down, and like anyone I love shooting a good round.  At the end of the day good company, maybe a side game or two and an adult beverage is just about the perfect day. 
As for my bag:

D - Callaway AI smoke Max 9.0.  
7W - Cobra LTDx 

2i- cobra forged tec (adjustable)

4-PW - Cobra King CB/MB flow set

wedges - 50/54/60 callaway Jaws MD5

Putter - Scotty Newport 2 plus. 

Now I have some others in a rotation like a cobra speed zone 3 wood, cobra speed zone 4 hybrid, callaway epic 5W.   But that’s the current bag set up. 

I don’t have any business gaming the cb/mb irons but my iron play is decent and they just feel too good! 

Slice em straight out there. 

Edited by Price_check

WITB

Bag  Ask Echo T-LOCK 2.0 14 Way Organizer Dividers Golf Soundless Cart Bag

Driver 10.5 Callaway AI Smoke Max Driver - fitted I to both my driver and 3 wood.  So far loving them. 

3 Wood.  Callaway AI smoke Max D

4 Hybrid Callaway Paradym - I had a Ping G430 hybrid that I loved but sold it to get a 7 wood then never got it.  Found the Paradym on clearance and it’s been in my bag. 

Utility Iron Ping icrossover - still learning to hit it but has been great off the tee in holes with tight fairways. 

Irons 6-AW Callaway AI smoke - upgraded for Rogue ST Max OS and finely starting to get the feel for them.  

Wedges 60,56,52 Titleist SM9-  love these wedges.  Have played with much will need new ones next season. 

Putter Cleveland HB1 - putting has been up and down for me but getting a feel for this putter. 

WITB AI smoke Driver, 3 wood and Irons. Cleveland puttere

A friend stopped by a couple of weeks ago, saw my golf bag, and said "I love that bag.  it's your personality and it doesn't look like you're trying to make the cut at a PGA Event."  At worst, you can say that the Ogio bag makes me visible on the course.  

Onto the contents of the bag.

A quick word about the clubs and the thought process behind them.  

My grandfather was a scratch handicap into his late 60s and played into his 80s.  In all the years I knew him he used the same set of clubs that my grandmother bought for him as an anniversary present at Joseph Hornes in downtown Pittsburgh.  He'd use a golf ball until he had knocked it so far out of round that it wouldn't play.  So I grew up with the idea that you played a set of clubs until they were shot.

I am almost there.

All of the clubs in the bag are in their 12th season except the putter which is into season 14.  All of them were fit at the GolfTec location except the driver.

Driver:  Callaway RAZR Fit Extreme 9.5 degree Aldila Trinity 65-S shaft.   Once upon a time, this club hit bombs but it has seen its day.  If anything, the shaft's kick point is too high, allowing me to open the face too much.  I won the club at an outing and the pro at the course took one look at the driver I had won and took it out of my hands.  A couple of seconds later he comes out of the pro shop and hands me this club.  It wasn't fit except by the eye of an old pro who saw a guy failing on his range with the wrong club.  

3 Wood:  Callaway X2Hot.  Standard Callaway Shaft, 65-S stiff tipped +2 lie.   A sneaky good club.  Can bomb this almost as far as the driver most days.   Straight as an arrow.  

3 Hybrid:  Callaway X2 Hot.  Standard Callaway Shaft 65-S stiff tipped +2 lie.  The club has hit one too many shots and is sidelined with a cracked face.  When it still had life it was one of my go-to clubs.  Could hit this falling out of bed at 3am.  200-208 all day, every day.

4 Hybrid:  Callway X2 Hot.  Standard Callaway Shaft 65-S stiff tipped +2 lie.  For some odd reason, I never hit this as well as the 3 hybrid.  It's a 180-190 club with a bit of loft on it. 

5-PW:  Mizuno JPX-825.  KBS Tour 130X shaft +2 lie.  When I went through the fitting at the end of the session the pro showed me the top two choices, this club and the Callaway Apex with the same shaft.  He told me the difference was about 100rpm in spin and around 3 yards distance, but importantly the Callaway was $135 a club and the Mizuno was $75 a club.  The moral of the story is to trust a guy who is taking money out of his pocket to improve your game.  Lofts are standard. PW is 46 degrees, GW is 50 degrees.   The Gap Wedge is the leading candidate to get tossed into a pond.  We've never gotten along.

54-58 Degree Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-825.  KBS Tour 130X shaft +2 lie.  I should have replaced these a couple of seasons ago.  I just can't spin them the right way anymore.  

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 with a Cameron pistolini grip.  Another club that I won in at an outing.  I had always wondered why anyone would spend that kind of money on a putter until I won it and took it to the putting green after dinner and sunk the first 10 putts I hit.  Hey, if it's good enough for Tiger.....

What am I replacing these with?  No idea.  I'll go to the fitter, tell him to put the computer in default and see what we come up with.      

PXL_20240828_025717793.jpg

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I just upgraded my Clubs this year besides my wedges. 

Driver is a Callaway Ai Smoke Max with a Project X Denali 60g shaft.

3W is a Callaway Ai Smoke Max Mitsubishi Tensei Blue shaft

7W My favorite club Cobra F9 Helium shaft

9W Callaway Rouge ST 

6-A is Callaway Ai Smoke Irons

Wedges 50° 54° 58° Tour Edge TGS

Putter Taylor Made Juno but I won a LAB putter with an upgraded shaft that should be here soon went with the Mezz 

IMG_2345.jpeg.9d9fab1c31e96be6888e5b03afe84397.jpegWITB 2024 

Depends on the day of the week and where I’m playing but as of right now, for the starting lineup, I’m trying out blending a set as I found a place that will still make custom MIM Tours so there’s 8-GW in there. I gambled on ordering the 8 iron as fitting I couldn’t find available on something this old. The MIM Tours are incredible (To me at least). The 9-GW arrived about an hour ago so yet to hit or gap properly hence there’s still my fitted for ‘22 Cobra Forged Tec 5-8 irons in there. You can see the 4, 9-GW of the Forged Tec in the SuperFlex bag. All the irons have KBS $ Taper Lite shafts in stiff and bar today’s arrivals have JumboMax Ultralite Str8 Tech grips in MD (Medium). 

For Wedges I have in there Cobra MIMs in 52/12, 56/12 and 60/8 all KBS HI-REV 2.0 125 S. As per the MIM Tours these are new in the bag with both wedges and irons an absolute bargain new these days. If the MIM process is good enough for a Callaway Opus wedge in 2024 the Cobra MIM has to be too good to be true at 40% of that right? The irons are 50% of the original price so less than 50% of the current Cobra Tour. The bench has 54/11, 60/10 Wilson Forged Staff Model with DG S300 shafts (These have been really good but clearly I like to tinker). 

Fairways I don’t play but hybrids I have one in the lineup right now. A Cobra Tec #4 at 21+1D, light weight in the centre, KBS PGI 85 S shaft. It really is the Travis Kelce of the lineup. It’ll be in there as long as it wants to continue playing. Same set up for the #3 and #2 sat on the bench. 

Driver is Cobra LTDX Max, 10.5*1D, Tensei White 65g S shaft. Unlike the rotational RB/WR irons this QB is safe. 

Putter is the Wilson Infinite West Loop. I was playing the 3D printed Cobra King Grand Sport 35 but the lattice in the back picks up debris in the autumn/winter so switched to a simpler, easier to clean Wilson that’s still in there. 

Rounding out the bench is a TM Mini driver in 11.5 with the stock proforce 65 shaft in stiff and the late round flyer that gets dropped in week 2, original King Utility 2 iron. 

For the rest of the gear, PING Traverse, PING Hoofer Lite (They really do make the best bags) and a Titleist pencil bag. Garmin Approach G80 and Bushnell Neo GPSs. Yes two as I find the F/M/B numbers better on the Bushnell still. Grooveit club cleaner and two towels (North Berwick and Cruden Bay - got to have some bling somewhere). 

Ball is never safe but TM Tour Response and the Kirkland 2.0 are in the rotation currently. Partial to a Vice Pro and something soft (and short?) in the winter when the harder balls start to feel like pebbles. 

That’s about it I think. Let the puzzling/WTF questions begin. For gapping by the way, our par 5s are super guarded and narrow so a long, get there in two, hero shot dices with more loss than gain. 

Hey all!

Before I laboriously detail what’s in the bag, I must tell you what’s carrying the bag! I recently purchased the Alphard V2 club booster electric push cart with the Omni cart. Whoa, it is an absolute game changer. I’ve always enjoyed walking with a push cart and didn’t realize just how taxing it is. The electric push cart—with remote control thank you very much!—is majestic. Maybe I’ll go into another forum and leave a review.

IMG_9162.jpg.14aeb135a20cfe7b938c34246d993f3e.jpg

THE LUMBER
Driver- 10.5° Cobra F9 Speedback. Thank you Mr. Rick Shiels for the review. I hit this better than current drivers I’ve tested. I average 270ish or so.  Right now, I'm playing a little draw that occasionally turns into a really sweet snap hook. Gotta love watching your ball just dive violently out of the air. I have a tendency to add too much spin with my driver. Been working on lowering that, as well as just switched golf balls...ohhhh teaser alert.

3 wood - Cleveland HB Launcher Turbo. Thank you Mr Mark Crossfield (oh boy this is awkward, Rick and Mark are sworn enemies.) It replaced an Adams Tight Lies. The Cleveland as higher launch (oh turbo launcher! I get the name now!) than the Adams did.

5 wood - Sub70 pro fairway— I really like this club except for when I don’t. You know how that goes. 

4 Hybrid - Adams Idea Super S (I used to have the 3 hybrid in this as well but it cracked). I can hit this between 185-200 and can usually shape it on request. You'll have to pry it from my cold lifeless fingers. I can hit this fairly high and get it to stop on the green. Especially when wet (see below).

IMG_9158.jpg.5b33c3444b8ff39f43679f594946b70d.jpg

IRONS
5-PW - Sub70 699Pro I got these bad boys off Facebook sub70 group. I regripped them with some sweet white golf pride tour wrap knock offs from Temu. Hint: don’t buy grips from Temu. They’re just not the same. I got fitted for some Taylormade p790s with Project X 6.0 rifle shafts. But I didn't have the donuts to afford said p790s. I'm happy with the 699 pros. They perform well, even on mishits. When you flush one, they feel phenomenal. I would know because I did it one time. I get scoopy/flippy with the club. So even though I have decent swing speed (about 88-90mph with 7 iron), they don't carry all that far as I deliver too much loft. My 7 iron carries about 155. I feel like I'm leaving a lot in the tank. If I could figure out how to deliver less loft that'd be super.

WEDGES
Disclaimer: I change my wedges more than I change underwear (which is pretty probably something I should look into for public health reasons). Plus, my wedge game from 70-100 is suspect at best.

50° - Sub70 286 Forged - This is my 100 yard club...or my 63 yard poof ball out to the right if the ball just slides right up the face.
54° - Mizuno T22 in the blue finish (I’m kinda fancy). I use this around the greens usually, but I'm toying with using the 58 deg more often.
58° - some cheapo thing from Amazon ($35) and it surprisingly performs well! I actually get a lot of sauce on chips and pitches. Fine, here’s the name so you can copy my style and buy one too…jealous much? Yamato Full Faced Wedge.

PUTTER

Cleveland Frontline ISO This is the newest club in the bag. Its name is Wolfram. Long story, but it has two tungsten inserts on the face to increase ball speed on mishits. Tungsten is my favorite element on the periodic table. Number 74 symbol W. That W stands for wolframite, which is the substance from which tungsten was isolated when it was first discovered.  It replaced an old odyssey two-ball (whose name was Trixie—she was found in a thrift shop and has some junk in her trunk). However, I have two other mistresses on my mind. A LAB putter (and possibly PXG Allan) or the Odyssey Jailbird Mini.  

BALL

I just switched from the Maxfli tour x to the Titleist prov1X left dash. I did a free ball fitting at the course near me and I hate the ridiculous cost of the left dash, but good night does it perform. Compared to the Maxfli: Higher launch + Lower spin = Buku Distance!

IMG_9161.jpg.ee9a61b3d429f914202d5cb8b4729f53.jpg

Last but not least, Advil and chapstick…oh and sunscreen that I always forget to use.

Sorry, very last but not least and maybe the best part of any golf round—Grape Uncrustables. They’re unbeatable. If you play a round of golf without eating an uncrustable, I suggest you take a good long hard look in the mirror and fix that quick!

IMG_9164.jpg.6df156d84f16c6dfdefe47ce9d4946d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rbgreene04
Added photos and I forgot to list my putter!! Gosh if that’s not telling.

Cobra F9 Speedback

Cleveland HB Turbo Launcher 3 Wood

Sub70 Fairway 5 Wood

Adams Super S 4 Hybrid

Sub70 699pro 5-PW

Sub70 50deg 286 Forged Wedge

Mizuno t22 54deg

Embarrassed to say Yamato full face 58deg

Just switched to the Cleveland Frontline ISO putter. The jury is still out. 

45 minutes ago, Rbgreene04 said:

Hey all!

Before a laboriously detail what’s in the bag, I must tell you what’s carrying the bag! I recently purchased the Alphard V2 club booster electric push cart with the Omni cart. Whoa, it is an absolute game changer. I’ve always enjoyed walking with a push cart and didn’t realize just how taxing it is. The electric push cart—with remote control thank you very much!—is majestic. Maybe I’ll go into another forum and leave a review.

Driver- 10.5° Cobra F9 Speedback. Thank you Mr. Rick Shiels for the review.
3 wood - Cleveland HB Launcher Turbo. Thank you Mr Mark Crossfield (oh boy this is awkward, Rick and Mark are sworn enemies.)
5 wood - Sub70 pro fairway
4 Hybrid - Adams Idea Super S
5-PW - Sub70 699Pro

Disclaimer: I change my wedges more than I change underwear (which is pretty probably something I should look into for public health reasons). Plus, my wedge game from 70-100 is suspect at best.

50° - Sub70 286 Forged
54° - Mizuno T22 in the blue finish (I’m kinda fancy)
58° - some cheapo thing from Amazon ($35) and it surprisingly performs well! I actually get a lot of sauce on chips and pitches. Fine, here’s the name so you can copy my style and buy one too…jealous much? Yamato Full Faced Wedge.

Ball: just switched from the maxfli tour x to the titleist prov1X left dash. I did a free ball fitting at the course near me and I hate the cost of the left dash, but good night does it perform. Compared to the maxfli: Higher launch and buku distance!

Last but not least, advil and chapstick…oh and sunscreen that I always forget to use.

Sorry, very last but not least and maybe the best part of any golf round—Grape Uncrustables. They’re unbeatable. If you play a round of golf without eating an uncrustable, I suggest you take a good long hard look in the mirror and fix that quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last part has me laughing 😃 

Nice bag setup 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Wait a minute. There are people out there that don’t have grape uncrustables in their bag!  
Don’t forget the beef jerky. Great for the sodium content on those hot days.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

image.png

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/forum-member-witb-easyputter/

Do you want to be next? 

Post individual photos of your clubs in high quality, get a little about the club section for EACH club and let us know if any of them were MGS inspired!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Do you want to be next? 

Post individual photos of your clubs in high quality, get a little about the club section for EACH club and let us know if any of them were MGS inspired!

@EasyPutter

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Do you want to be next? 

Idk how I've missed this bag on the MGS outings.  But @EasyPutter, you no doubt win the most unique WITB award.  That's incredible. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What a bag @EasyPutter!  Had not heard of many of these until reading this, very unique setup! 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Driver: Ping 400 Max, 10.5* (set at small + so 11.1* loft), Alta soft regular shaft. I love this driver, which I bought new from 2ndSwing in November 2022 and see no reason to upgrade. I recently completed a Ping Webfit, which recommended senior flex or “Quick” (basically light weight senior flex) shafts on everything but driver. For the driver, Ping recommended a HAZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 50 5.5 (regular) flex shaft and a “big +” setting (on a G430 Max 10K head). Over the past month or so, I have found that I hit more fairways, and am generally better at keeping the ball in play off the tee, by hitting lower shots and relying on run, rather than teeing the ball high and going for more carry. Therefore, I decided to give Ping’s recommendation a try and sourced a Smoke Red RDX on eBay for a great price which the (highly rated) seller is fitting with a G400 adapter and trimming such that my final driver length will be 45.25” (1/2” short). I should have the shaft in a week or so and am looking forward to seeing if this setup improves my accuracy.

Fairway: Ping G425 SFT 5W with an Alta CB Slate 65 soft regular shaft.  After tinkering with if for most of 2024, I had it cut ½” short (and adding the appropriate sole weight to keep the swing weight unchanged) and setting it on the “Big –“ setting, moving the loft to 17.5* all of which seems to work pretty well. This is my “go to” club for tight driving holes and long Par 3s. I occasionally use it as a second shot club on Par-5s and long Par-4s.

Hybrids: 4H Ping Anser 23* with TFC 800H regular shafts; 5H, 6H and 7H Ping G430with Alta CB 70 regular flex shafts. I like the G430s hybrids a lot and finally have them dialed in (Flat + setting, so 1* weak). The Ping Webfit recommended the G430 HL hybrids with Quick 35 shafts and, as this season has convinced me that it is probably time to go the senior flex route, I have ordered an Alta CB 70 soft regular flex shaft for my 5H and if it works out, will re-shaft the others likewise.  While the Anser 4H is a great club, I’m not that effective with it so it will likely get replaced by a 7W or 9W, TBD.

Irons: Ping G710 8-UW (yeah, I’m a Ping fanboy) with Recoil 80 F3 (regular) flex shafts. I was fitted for these clubs at the end of the 2020 season by Spargo Golf (then in Cranston, RI) and have played them from 2021 to the present (the set included a 7i which I replaced with the 7H). I like them a lot. The Ping Webfit I’ve mentioned earlier recommended G730 irons with Recoil Dart senior flex shafts, but it’s not really cost effective to re-shaft the G710s (I don’t do this work myself) so the G710s will stay for now.

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 56* with a Recoil 80 F3 shaft (same fitting as my irons).   This club has been in and out of my bag over the years, so it hasn’t seen 4-years of use, however it has gone back into the bag because it is a club that I can always get out of a bunker in one with and is great for chipping and pitches. It is also my 50-yard club.

Ping ChipR with Alta CB 70 regular shaft. During the 2024 season, it became abundantly clear to me that carrying a chipper was a MUCH better use of bag space that a LW! My average proximity with the club is 12’ and up and I get up and down 40% of the time with it…..no contest.  

Putter: 34” Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K 7 DB with a Super Stroke Pistol 2.0 with a 50 gram counter weight. Although I’m a Ping guy, I’ve always loved Odyssey putters!

Ball: Snell Prime 2.0 or 3.0, Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro

Glove: Caddy Daddy Claw.

GPS watch: ShotScope X5

Bag: Callaway Org 7 cart bag. I’m planning to replace this bag in 2025 with a 14-way bag.

Pushcart: Clicgear 3.5, which is easy to store, transport and setup and really sturdy (although a bit heavy).

Grips: Jumbomax Ultralite XS grips. My hands are arthritic, so larger grips are really helpful.

2024 WITB.jpg

2024 WITB no HC.jpg

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

@EasyPutter. Congrats on the WITB featured article.  I echo what TJ stated. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

16 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

Driver: Ping 400 Max, 10.5* (set at small + so 11.1* loft), Alta soft regular shaft. I love this driver, which I bought new from 2ndSwing in November 2022 and see no reason to upgrade. I recently completed a Ping Webfit, which recommended senior flex or “Quick” (basically light weight senior flex) shafts on everything but driver. For the driver, Ping recommended a HAZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 50 5.5 (regular) flex shaft and a “big +” setting (on a G430 Max 10K head). Over the past month or so, I have found that I hit more fairways, and am generally better at keeping the ball in play off the tee, by hitting lower shots and relying on run, rather than teeing the ball high and going for more carry. Therefore, I decided to give Ping’s recommendation a try and sourced a Smoke Red RDX on eBay for a great price which the (highly rated) seller is fitting with a G400 adapter and trimming such that my final driver length will be 45.25” (1/2” short). I should have the shaft in a week or so and am looking forward to seeing if this setup improves my accuracy.

Fairway: Ping G425 SFT 5W with an Alta CB Slate 65 soft regular shaft.  After tinkering with if for most of 2024, I had it cut ½” short (and adding the appropriate sole weight to keep the swing weight unchanged) and setting it on the “Big –“ setting, moving the loft to 17.5* all of which seems to work pretty well. This is my “go to” club for tight driving holes and long Par 3s. I occasionally use it as a second shot club on Par-5s and long Par-4s.

Hybrids: 4H Ping Anser 23* with TFC 800H regular shafts; 5H, 6H and 7H Ping G430with Alta CB 70 regular flex shafts. I like the G430s hybrids a lot and finally have them dialed in (Flat + setting, so 1* weak). The Ping Webfit recommended the G430 HL hybrids with Quick 35 shafts and, as this season has convinced me that it is probably time to go the senior flex route, I have ordered an Alta CB 70 soft regular flex shaft for my 5H and if it works out, will re-shaft the others likewise.  While the Anser 4H is a great club, I’m not that effective with it so it will likely get replaced by a 7W or 9W, TBD.

Irons: Ping G710 8-UW (yeah, I’m a Ping fanboy) with Recoil 80 F3 (regular) flex shafts. I was fitted for these clubs at the end of the 2020 season by Spargo Golf (then in Cranston, RI) and have played them from 2021 to the present (the set included a 7i which I replaced with the 7H). I like them a lot. The Ping Webfit I’ve mentioned earlier recommended G730 irons with Recoil Dart senior flex shafts, but it’s not really cost effective to re-shaft the G710s (I don’t do this work myself) so the G710s will stay for now.

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 56* with a Recoil 80 F3 shaft (same fitting as my irons).   This club has been in and out of my bag over the years, so it hasn’t seen 4-years of use, however it has gone back into the bag because it is a club that I can always get out of a bunker in one with and is great for chipping and pitches. It is also my 50-yard club.

Ping ChipR with Alta CB 70 regular shaft. During the 2024 season, it became abundantly clear to me that carrying a chipper was a MUCH better use of bag space that a LW! My average proximity with the club is 12’ and up and I get up and down 40% of the time with it…..no contest.  

Putter: 34” Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K 7 DB with a Super Stroke Pistol 2.0 with a 50 gram counter weight. Although I’m a Ping guy, I’ve always loved Odyssey putters!

Ball: Snell Prime 2.0 or 3.0, Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro

Glove: Caddy Daddy Claw.

GPS watch: ShotScope X5

Bag: Callaway Org 7 cart bag. I’m planning to replace this bag in 2025 with a 14-way bag.

Pushcart: Clicgear 3.5, which is easy to store, transport and setup and really sturdy (although a bit heavy).

Grips: Jumbomax Ultralite XS grips. My hands are arthritic, so larger grips are really helpful.

2024 WITB.jpg

2024 WITB no HC.jpg

Nice !!!

Get a ping putter and hooger bag, and you would have the ultimate brand ambassador setup!

WITB-

On 8/19/2024 at 3:41 PM, EasyPutter said:

I had to update my WITB post after the past weekend when playing with PGA Pros in a tournament, the inevitable "why aren't you using your driver" question came up and the club came out, adjustment was made to tee height, "baseball" swing was encouraged with 2 degree up angle at ball contact, and I did not see it go but they did.  205 yards down the right middle of the fairway and kick down slope on the 10th fairway of Niagara Frontier Country Club back 9 to the creek side fairway and green.  Driver is back in the bag, now I just have to do it again... ⛳

We started on the par 3 11th and 3 of us had pars, one had birdie, and with my handicap my adjusted score was the second birdie carded for the team.  Go Handicap! 🏌️‍♂️

And now from the It Just Doesn't Get Cooler Than This category, so honored to have the first one profiled ⛳

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/forum-member-witb-easyputter/?_bhlid=e692a8276ae3860e47e1faeea7e43e26cd621947

I've been so busy I missed it was already posted LOL too much golf is my reason and I am sticking to it 😇

Edited by EasyPutter

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 

WITB ⚡ (Lots of Links in the signature)
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳ 2021 :Inesis: ⛳2022 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳2023 :redrooster:⛳2023 LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ 2024 :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

And now from the It Just Doesn't Get Cooler Than This category, so honored to have the first one profiled ⛳

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/forum-member-witb-easyputter/?_bhlid=e692a8276ae3860e47e1faeea7e43e26cd621947

I've been so busy I missed it was already posted LOL too much golf is my reason and I am sticking to it 😇

Good morning @EasyPutter, your WITB was my first MGS read of the morning and it was a great way to start another day of golf. It isn't often I read about a bag that's even more interestingly ecclectic than mine!😊 Is there such a thing as too much golf? Nahhhh, although my old body seems to have a different opinion. One of my greatest fears is that the body won't cooperate with my playing desires😳. Oh well, embrace your fears, right? Anyway, wishing you and our fellow spies a terrific day of golf, work, or whatever else is on today's agenda. I'm off to get some bag pics and perhaps some short game work this morning. No rain!!👏🏾 Till next...

Still swinging after all these years