Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

ODYSSEY INTRODUCES - PROTYPE BLACK PUTTERS

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

ODYSSEY INTRODUCES PREMIUM LINE OF PROTYPE BLACK PUTTERS

1025 Carbon Steel Milled Putters Offer Stealth Look, Unmatched Feel in Tour-Proven Models

ProType-BS-2.jpg

ProType-BS-9.jpg

CARLSBAD, Calif., August 29, 2012 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today introduced the new Odyssey® ProType Black™ line of milled, carbon steel putters at the Company's national sales meeting, taking place north of San Diego. Crafted for the best players in the world by Odyssey's award-winning design team, the ProType Black line features heads with a black PVD finish, black powder coat steel shafts, and a black, seamless grip giving the premium collection a distinctively stealth look. The 1025 Carbon Steel designs incorporate feedback from hundreds of Tour professionals around the world and offer an unprecedented integration of look, sound and feel from the #1 Putter in Golf®.

Odyssey's ProType Black putters will debut in three head shapes, each of which has delivered trophy and jacket-winning results on the professional tours. The putters are made from 1025 Carbon Steel, producing similar performance characteristics to stainless steel, but with a softer feel. The face of each putter features a deep, sharp milling pattern designed to increase interaction between the face and the ball for better feel, a truer roll and increased consistency.

“Our new ProType Black putters may be the coolest, most premium designs we've ever developed, and it was great to see the enthusiasm of our sales force when they were unveiled,” said Austie Rollinson, Odyssey's Principal Designer. “The ProType Black line is born from feedback given by the world's best players, which yielded features such as thinner top lines and thicker faces, and the forged-milled 1025 Carbon Steel offers a uniquely soft feel and the crisp feedback that golfers have come to expect from our ProType series. The midnight black finish and black powder coat shafts combine to give golfers a cool look that is becoming increasingly popular across a number of industries.”

Odyssey is the #1 Putter across the world's major professional tours in wins, usage and top-10 finishes. The ProType Black line will arrive at retail on October 12 in three models, #2, #9 and 2-Ball. The new product introduction retail price for the blade models is $269 and $299 for the 2-Ball.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Nice to see these coming out. I saw them back in January and was thinking that they may be tour only. Black 2-Ball was sweet looking. I will dig around for photos...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

How do the milled 2-balls feel? Do they feel the same as the other protype models? Might consider getting the silver one when these black ones come out, although I'm currently preferring Anser style heads...

In the bag as of now...

Driver: Titleist 909 D3 9.5* w/ Diamana Kai'li 60 X
3-wood: Callaway RAZR Fit 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S
5-wood: Callaway RAZR Fit 18* w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S
Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-64 w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11 52*, 56*, 60* w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Byron Design 007 w/ Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0
Balls: Taylormade Penta TP5 or Tour Preferred X

• SPY VIP

How do the milled 2-balls feel? Do they feel the same as the other protype models? Might consider getting the silver one when these black ones come out, although I'm currently preferring Anser style heads...

:ph34r: :ph34r: http://theputterplace.com/?p=1661 :ph34r: :ph34r:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

I have NEVER been a fan of Odyssey putters. Never. I mean ever.

Umm...having said that, the #2 could win me over.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Those look sharp, like the black.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

ODYSSEY INTRODUCES PREMIUM LINE OF PROTYPE BLACK PUTTERS

1025 Carbon Steel Milled Putters Offer Stealth Look, Unmatched Feel in Tour-Proven Models

ProType-BS-2.jpg

ProType-BS-9.jpg

CARLSBAD, Calif., August 29, 2012 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today introduced the new Odyssey® ProType Black™ line of milled, carbon steel putters at the Company's national sales meeting, taking place north of San Diego. Crafted for the best players in the world by Odyssey's award-winning design team, the ProType Black line features heads with a black PVD finish, black powder coat steel shafts, and a black, seamless grip giving the premium collection a distinctively stealth look. The 1025 Carbon Steel designs incorporate feedback from hundreds of Tour professionals around the world and offer an unprecedented integration of look, sound and feel from the #1 Putter in Golf®.

Odyssey's ProType Black putters will debut in three head shapes, each of which has delivered trophy and jacket-winning results on the professional tours. The putters are made from 1025 Carbon Steel, producing similar performance characteristics to stainless steel, but with a softer feel. The face of each putter features a deep, sharp milling pattern designed to increase interaction between the face and the ball for better feel, a truer roll and increased consistency.

“Our new ProType Black putters may be the coolest, most premium designs we've ever developed, and it was great to see the enthusiasm of our sales force when they were unveiled,” said Austie Rollinson, Odyssey's Principal Designer. “The ProType Black line is born from feedback given by the world's best players, which yielded features such as thinner top lines and thicker faces, and the forged-milled 1025 Carbon Steel offers a uniquely soft feel and the crisp feedback that golfers have come to expect from our ProType series. The midnight black finish and black powder coat shafts combine to give golfers a cool look that is becoming increasingly popular across a number of industries.”

Odyssey is the #1 Putter across the world's major professional tours in wins, usage and top-10 finishes. The ProType Black line will arrive at retail on October 12 in three models, #2, #9 and 2-Ball. The new product introduction retail price for the blade models is $269 and $299 for the 2-Ball.

Wow! What a massive upgrade from the Tour Design Black Series 2 years ago, LOL!

Sexy... can't wait to test one of those out!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I want the black 9 soooooooooooooooooooooo bad

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've got the Black(last year's models) #1(anser design) & #8(heel-shafted blade, WS 8802 desgn)...The #1's sweet, however the #8 is amazing..Much nicer than my Scotty Napas(same design)..Let me know if you're interested & I'll send ya some pics...

If you're interested, and I know you've got school startin up with all of the expenses that go with it, you can make payments if ya want..They're real reasonable...

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

Sure! Send me some pictures of the 8. No promises, but I think it will be worth a look. Thanks RP!

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Never found an Odyssey I'd game. These look pretty "proto-typical" to me. Same stuff they've been doing for years, just black and more expensive, minus the inserts that they've marketed as superior for over a decade.

Pretty stale designs if you ask me.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived