REVIEW: Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype

RookieBlue7

Mine, both times, was in a TMag Sleeve that I sanded first before installing the shaft. However, as I said the second time was probably a continuation of the first time but it made me think that I broke the first one before contact but since we can not go back to the video we will never know. However, this is not a slam on the Talamonti shaft. I have another if it happens then I will go to the Talamonti thread and complain there. I posted here because I am looking forward to the BiMatrix, not slamming the Talamonti. I did have the Talamonti in a different driver and removed it so I could have damaged it.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: iCrossover 3i on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small:  iCrossover 4i  on Graphite Design ADDI 7S 

:ping-small:  i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :truetemper: Wedge 

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 on :accra: White

:L.A.B.: LINK1on     T P T    Putter        (on order)

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Oh yeah, I put a Motore F1 55 grams in the 3 wood because that is a shaft I had here, I absolutely hated it today. The shaft was too light. I will very likely end up putting the Talamonti in the 3 wood, because I hit a light driver shaft yesterday and liked that.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: iCrossover 3i on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small:  iCrossover 4i  on Graphite Design ADDI 7S 

:ping-small:  i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :truetemper: Wedge 

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 on :accra: White

:L.A.B.: LINK1on     T P T    Putter        (on order)

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Rick,

I think you're going to like the BiMatrix, especially if you decide to slap it in a fairway (if it ends up not working in the driver that is. Some people don't like going that heavy in a driver).

I have a prototype of one of Grafalloy/True Temper/ProjectX's latest graphite offerings, but I'm not able to write up a review just yet. I've been testing it, and have played quite a few rounds with it and I believe lots of people are going to like that shaft a lot when it's released.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 8 years later...
On 10/3/2012 at 1:53 PM, JBones said:

Yes, it was, I had the same one, around 2001.

ST driver.jpg

Long story short, I recently got back in the game and am currently retooling my bag. Started with getting a TS3. Then i got a more or less brand new set of the 2019 T200 irons gifted to me by my brother after he never got around to reselling them after not liking them.(Thanks Bro lol)

Anyway, now to the airways section... I have the Tight Lies ST 3w and 7w and i still like the 3w but the 7w was already used when i got it 20 yrs ago and then sometime around 2010, i chunked a shot in a soft spring fairway and hit into a french drain and put a couple good gouges in the face. Been messing around with a friend's H2 #4 and have been really liking it.

I pretty much quit playing in 2006ish and i think Hybrid/Rescue clubs were just starting to take off then... and between the adjustable heads, adjustable shafts and shaft technology in general, I'm kinda lost lol.

So, i"ve got a line on a nice Tsi2 #4 hybrid that i would think will pair nicely with my 3w but it has a senior flex shaft on it. Plus, i would like to keep the 7w shaft if possible just so i have a similar feel with my fairway clubs.

I know there are some older shafts that just work in todays club heads. Do you, or anyone else reading a 9yr old thread, lol, know if you can fit a Bi-Matrix with the Titleist loft adapter?

Thx

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

• 1 year later...

I ordered one of the white prototypes in stiff when they went on clearance years ago and I recently installed it in a PXG adapter. Well I didn't play well this past week, but besides landing in a fairway bunker on one hole I hit every fairway with it. I think it's ok for what it is. It's pretty smooth and I find that I don't launch it really high, but I like hitting fairways. I'll continue to rotate between I few different shafts when I go to a range just to see where I'm at.