Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

3Bays GSA portable swing aid -iPhone

sai-jin

One of the perks of graduating from a Dutch university is when your friend by chance can give you a sample product to test, like this device here =)

Looks:

There's really nothing to say about the looks aside it's quite small and doesn't get in the way of your wrist / swing.

Ease of use:

This tiny item goes into the butt end of your clubs.

The only challenge for some people will be pairing this to your iPhone.

Durability:

Ugh, this item is made of plastic, so what I'm afraid of is that the more you take it on and off, the plastic pin will break off eventually, rendering it useless. I haven't broken mine yet as I'm really careful and I only use it on my Driver, 5i and 7i .

But yes, it does look flimsy.

Features:

I'm loving it. SS, ABS, swing path, club face angle, tempo, consistency of your swing, this device has it, and comparing it with the results on trackman, it's always around +/- 2mph on the swing speed.

Remember that swing speed radar with tempo timer for $150 retail? I think that this little device beats it in any category.

This device will work well for beginner golfers for sure. But I also think that the software is still in its early stages and has potential to give you better and more detailed info IE: Swing path -1* or +2* , instead of just saying inside / outside.

I'm hoping that 3Bays will give iOS owners the update that has at least the above info.

Conclusion:

This beauty costs $200 . Is it worth it? Depends who you talk to. For the info that this item can give you on your phone, perhaps. For the quality of the build? Not really.

I'm a frugal shopper... I don't mind paying $$ for a product, but it has to last. And again, my concerns is the material of the product and if the manufacturer will actually upgrade the software so that it can be more detailed.

At its current stage, the most I'd be willing to pay would probably be $100 .

But again, it's up to your views if money is not an issue for you.

Overall, it's a great little device that you can take anywhere.

PS: While I'm writing this review, it occurred to me... I should try this out on my putter =D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived