McDowell vs Delaet in Canada

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

mcdvsdal.jpg

Graeme vs. Graham

September 23, 2013

Cabot Links - Nova Scotia Canada

Graeme McDowell and Graham DeLaet to tee it up at Cabot Links

PGA Tour Major Champion McDowell and top ranked Canadian DeLaet to challenge Canada's top course for The Match at Cabot Links

Cabot Links to host PGA Tour players Graeme McDowell and Graham DeLaet on September 23, 2013 for The Match at Cabot Links.

McDowell, the 2010 US Open Champion, and DeLaet, Canada's top ranked golfer currently ranked 5th in the FedEx Cup points race, will highlight the inaugural Match at Cabot Links.

Cabot Links, Canada's only authentic links golf course, was recently ranked by GOLF Magazine at 82nd among its Top 100 Courses in the World, the highest of any course in Canada.

INVERNESS, NS, Sept. 10, 2013 /CNW/ - Two of the PGA Tour's top players will tee it up at Cabot Links on September 23, 2013 for The Match at Cabot Links, part of a television production led by two Emmy Award winning producers. The production will capture the essence of match play and take a look into the personalities of the competitors beyond their role as PGA TOUR professionals, showcasing Cabot Links and the Province of Nova Scotia when it airs domestically later this year.

Graeme McDowell, No. 9 in the Official World Golf Rankings and the 2010 US Open Champion, and Graham DeLaet, Canada's top ranked golfer at No. 35 in the world, will highlight the inaugural Match at Cabot Links, on Canada's first and only true links golf course.

"We are thrilled to have two of the best golfers in the world come and experience Cabot for themselves," said Ben Cowan-Dewar, managing director of Cabot Links. "We think this journey will underscore the passion all golfers have for links golf and create unforgettable memories for the players and community of Inverness."

Located on the stunning west coast of Cape Breton, Cabot Links features an 18-hole par-70 course in addition to deluxe accommodations at Cabot Links Lodge. The Rod Whitman designed course incorporates the spectacular Cape Breton landscape, dramatic seaside, undulating terrain and sandy soil.

GOLF Magazine recently ranked Cabot Links at 82nd among its Top 100 Courses in the World. The magazine noted: "Firm, rumpled, fescue fairways, coastal breezes and endless views of the Gulf of St. Lawrence make it abundantly clear why Nova Scotia is the Latin name for "New Scotland.""

"I grew up playing links golf on the North Coast of Ireland. I've heard all the stories about Cabot and its recent award of #82 in the World makes me excited to go and play there. I look forward to experiencing the course for myself in a couple of weeks," said McDowell. A native of Northern Ireland, the 2010 US Open Champion, has won eight worldwide tournaments, including three in 2013 (The 2013 RBC Heritage, The French Open and The Volvo World Matchplay). "The Nova Scotian landscape looks a lot more like Portrush than I imagine Graham's hometown in Saskatchewan does - let's hope that counters the home field advantage."

McDowell was also part of the European Ryder Cup team that won the 'Miracle at Medinah', defeating the American team after an incredible Sunday singles comeback.

DeLaet, from Weyburn, Saskatchewan, is one of the most successful Canadian golfers in recent years. He said, "It is always great to get back to Canada to play golf and Cabot Links will provide a challenge that is unique across the country. To play with Graeme at one of Canada's top courses should be a memorable experience."

This year DeLaet has already recorded seven Top 10 finishes. He is currently 5th in FedEx Cup Playoff Standings and was recently named as Canada's lone representative on the International squad for the upcoming President's Cup.

McDowell and DeLaet will head to Cabot Links on the heels of the Tour Championship, which is the culmination of the FedEx Cup.

Cowan-Dewar and Cabot Links co-owner Mike Keiser have recently started construction on Cabot Cliffs, a second 18-hole golf course at the Cabot Resort. Cabot Cliffs is being built just north of Cabot Links on a property overlooking the Cape Breton coastline. It will be designed by internationally recognized course architects Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw.

About Cabot Links:

Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is Canada's first and only authentic links golf course. Lauded as a golfer's paradise, the Rod Whitman design incorporates the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape, dramatic seaside, undulating terrain and sandy soil, culminating in being rated the 82nd best course in GOLF Magazine's World Top 100 Courses. Opened on June 29, 2012, Cabot Links features 18 holes of challenging links golf, accommodations at Cabot Links Lodge and exquisite dining. www.cabotlinks.com

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

That would be fun to watch. And Cabot Links is going to be a great course to play. Looking forward to making it happen someday.

What's in my Sun Mountain 3.5 Deluxe Bag?

Driver - Callaway Razr Fit, 9.5 degree loft, standard face setting, fade bias weighting, Matrix Ozik HD6 Stiff shaft, tipped 1 inch

3 Wood - Callaway Razr Fit 15 degree loft, open face setting, stiff shaft

Irons 3 to PW - Titleist 712MB with KBS Tour Stiff steel shafts

3 to 5 iron - .5 degree flat; 2 degrees stronger

6 to PW - 1.5 degree flat; 3 degrees stronger

Mizuno MP-R12 54 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 53 degree loft; now 8 degree bounce

Mizuno MP-R12 58 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 57 degree loft; now 9 degree bounce

Titleist Vokey 64 degree - 62.5 degree lie; 62 degree loft; now 5 degree bounce

Putter - Odyssey Metal X 9

Ball - Callaway Chrome +

My Golf Site

I would love to play this course!! It's on the list...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Archived