Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PEDs

revkev

This thread may have no traction and that's fine. I'm starting it to clear up a common miss perception about PEDs. I am in no way making any specific allegations against any golfer other than to say that I'd be shocked if there weren't some use somewhere. Sixpence golfers generally police themselves I'd like to think less than in baseball or football where even stringent testing doesn't totally prevent their use.

I've heard it said that PEDs won't help golfers because big muscles aren't necessary for golf. Most of the PEDs used only have an indirect impact on muscle size or strength. Instead they help the body recover quicker after a work out or practice session or injury. They enable an athlete to increase his work out time, practice time and such. Rather than being the easy way out people take PEDs because they enable them to work harder and to be more efficient with work outs.

They would be a huge boon for a golfer just as they are for a baseball player or any other athlete.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev,

I'm passionate about drug use in sport - I've found golfs unwillingness to deal with it shocking. Do I think use of PED's is cheating? Yes. Do I think they'll help golfers? Yes. Do I think either us or european tours are doing enough? Nope, not even close.

Golf is a multiple million dollar sport - a half shot here or there makes a huge difference in making people wealthy....

For me every player on the main and satellite tours should know that they could be tested at any time and that the penalty for failing a test is a minimum two year ban.

Is golf the only sport not doing enough? No but golf could set an example.

That's me done.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Rev,

I'm passionate about drug use in sport - I've found golfs unwillingness to deal with it shocking. Do I think use of PED's is cheating? Yes. Do I think they'll help golfers? Yes. Do I think either us or european tours are doing enough? Nope, not even close.

Golf is a multiple million dollar sport - a half shot here or there makes a huge difference in making people wealthy....

For me every player on the main and satellite tours should know that they could be tested at any time and that the penalty for failing a test is a minimum two year ban.

Is golf the only sport not doing enough? No but golf could set an example.

That's me done.

Agreed and concerned on all counts. I'm especially concerned here because we have some young people, high schoolers on the forum. I dont want to see them even think about PED use. I was shocked to learn that some of my son's high school baseball teammates used PEDs. High Schools in Florida have mandatory testing, thank God!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived