Conclusions we jump to

Our Sponsors

How about the guy that shows up with the golf bag that is dusty and dirty not from playing but from the garage?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen so many people both suck and be pretty decent with so many different types of equipment I don't judge much any more.  There are a few I still have in my head though.   Blades with dime siz

Let's see.....I wear flatbills, I have a bag full of TMag sticks, and play X-Stiff, so........

I look like a bag of %$#& and play like one too...there's consistency to consider!!

How about the guy that shows up with the golf bag that is dusty and dirty not from playing but from the garage?

That's those of us that live in the frozen north!

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's those of us that live in the frozen north!

As someone who lived in NJ for years, I know. I'm talking about the guy who shows up 3 months into the golf season like that. 

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Let's touch on that subject....

Dufner is a solid 5. She's a 10. That doesn't work. You can only go up 3.

That's only under normal rules. Money allows you an extra 3 points of movement on the scale

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

You can have a great looking swing with terrible results, or a bad looking swing with great results. You can't always predict how someone will play by how their swing looks, that's for sure. I was surprised that day.

It's obvious we haven't played together or you would have included " bad looking swing with results to match"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

That's only under normal rules. Money allows you an extra 3 points of movement on the scale

He's gonna be in trouble when he retires in 2 years.

• Like 1

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

We had one of these guys, but eventually it became entirely clear that people didn't want to play with him, and he left.

Yeah......and now we have added "the Drunk",  the guy that is too loud and way too boisterous.....but thanks me every week for letting him play.  So now we have Two guys that no one wants to play with.  Makes my job even harder since I have to set the pairings......Ugh!

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

You're describing pratically every scramble I have had the misfortune of playing in.

"This is my first round of the year." And it's AUGUST.

Prepare for pain....

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I remember reading Harvey Penick's Little Red Book years ago and he talked about judging golfers before they played.  He told one of his students at a higher level tournament that was making fun of someone's grip and swing....if they made it here with that grip and swing then the obviously learned to score and get around the course.  Sage advice.

That being said, I see guys every week that show up like they just walked off the Tour and couldn't break 120 on the best day.  My favorite guy this year had a full bag of Titleist gear, FJ head to toe and could not get the ball more than 80 yards off the tee; then decided to wait for the green to clear from 320 just in case he "got hold of one."  That lasted about two holes before I told him to just hit and I would yell if it got close.....never even came close to sniffing green for the last 17 holes.

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I like to dress the part to play golf.  Not overly so... just reasonable... respect for the game.  Years ago, while living in Miami I met a guy on the first tee wearing cut-off levis, tee-shirt and barefoot.  Easy mark... we made a bet on the round.  I shot a 76... should have skunked him.  He shot a 67.

Lesson quickly learned.

• Like 1

DRIVER:     Taylormade Superfast Burner TP 9.5 degrees

3 WOOD:     Titleist 909F2

21 DEGREE HYBRID:     Titleist 909H

IRONS:     Titleist AP2 712's  5 - PW

GAP WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  48 degree

SAND WEDGE:   Titleist Vokey  54 degree

LOB WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  60 degree

LOB WEDGE:      Titleist Vokey  64 degree

PUTTER:     Odyssey Black #9

BALL:       Titleist Pro V1  or  Callaway Speed Regime 2

I play mostly by myself and have learned not to make any early assumptions. I take a wait and see attitude. I've learned you have to play with the group your with for a few holes before you get to know them. I've seen the quiet guy go nuts and start throwing clubs after a few bad hits and the loud mouth laugh off his mishits and just have fun. You just never know but, overall I've had a lot more fun with the many golfers I've met than not.

• Like 1

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

Pulled a Hot Deal at 7:00am for an 11:00 am start on a very nice course I had wanted to play for some time. Told I would be going with a twosome when I checked in at the clubhouse. Hit the range and putting green for a bit. I didn't see anyone else, so at 10:55, I started towards the first tee.

I got there and took a few swings for just a second giving the other two a second to show up. At 11:01, I went ahead and teed off. (Sliced just to the right edge of the fairway in case you were on the edge of your seat).

As I headed down to my cart I see coming down from the clubhouse in a cart running as fast as possible, two young men who might have been 18 or 19. Dressed in surf shorts, very well worn Polo shirts, and caps with bills worn promptly to the side.

"Oh crap. Young punks with no respect or manners." I have played with such kids before and was not looking for this to be any different. I try my hardest to extend every courtesy and follow every protocol while on the course.

The young men jumped out and apologized for being late in manners that would make a prep school headmaster proud. For the entire round, I was constantly amazed at how mature these young men were. We would crack jokes between holes and chat. They lived right off the course and actually gave me several tips on certain holes.

I had been playing six months and believe that the advice from these guys were what allowed me to break 100 for the first time.

So I guess the bottom line is I will not hold youth against people just because they dress young.

• Like 1

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Pulled a Hot Deal at 7:00am for an 11:00 am start on a very nice course I had wanted to play for some time. Told I would be going with a twosome when I checked in at the clubhouse. Hit the range and putting green for a bit. I didn't see anyone else, so at 10:55, I started towards the first tee.

I got there and took a few swings for just a second giving the other two a second to show up. At 11:01, I went ahead and teed off. (Sliced just to the right edge of the fairway in case you were on the edge of your seat).

As I headed down to my cart I see coming down from the clubhouse in a cart running as fast as possible, two young men who might have been 18 or 19. Dressed in surf shorts, very well worn Polo shirts, and caps with bills worn promptly to the side.

"Oh crap. Young punks with no respect or manners." I have played with such kids before and was not looking for this to be any different. I try my hardest to extend every courtesy and follow every protocol while on the course.

The young men jumped out and apologized for being late in manners that would make a prep school headmaster proud. For the entire round, I was constantly amazed at how mature these young men were. We would crack jokes between holes and chat. They lived right off the course and actually gave me several tips on certain holes.

I had been playing six months and believe that the advice from these guys were what allowed me to break 100 for the first time.

So I guess the bottom line is I will not hold youth against people just because they dress young.

I've played with several people like that. They show up late, but end up being really nice and actually decent people. I don't really judge people on how late they are, because I know what it's like to run late.

What assumptions do you make when you see someone, (for me, usually on the range) rocking a bagful of the same SGI range. The last I saw was a bagful of Ping K15's. They all looked really shiny and well looked after...or unused.

I can't deny that I made huge assumptions.

What assumptions do you make when you see someone, (for me, usually on the range) rocking a bagful of the same SGI range. The last I saw was a bagful of Ping K15's. They all looked really shiny and well looked after...or unused.

I can't deny that I made huge assumptions.

The best junior golfer I know.  He is my age, and he is a scratch golfer.  He uses g 20 irons=, and I've seen him shoot 4 under with those, so I have learned not to judge.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter