ole gray

Random Thread

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Eye surgery in one week (Dec 17).....followed by approx 3 weeks of recuperation. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Good luck mate...make sure you're good to go the last 2 weeks of March.

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Eye surgery in one week (Dec 17).....followed by approx 3 weeks of recuperation. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the results.

Praying for a complete and speedy recovery.  

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Good luck with the surgery, and I hope your recovery is quick and (relatively) easy!

19 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Martha and I will be praying for a quick recovery Foz.  Does recuperation mean no Starter and Marshal duties as well?

Martha and I will be praying for a quick recovery Foz.  Does recuperation mean no Starter and Marshal duties as well?

Prob not for at least two weeks.......swelling & stitches.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 3

I love the schadenfreude that comes when seeing a terrible road-ragey driver getting pulled over.

(yes I had to Google it to make sure I spelled it correctly!)

• Like 4

I love the schadenfreude that comes when seeing a terrible road-ragey driver getting pulled over.
(yes I had to Google it to make sure I spelled it correctly!)

Prob not for at least two weeks.......swelling & stitches.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Seriously good luck and mend quickly

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Just smashed my 5k record by 46 seconds. Pretty happy about that.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just smashed my 5k record by 46 seconds. Pretty happy about that.

I'm not a runner - but that sounds like a pretty big improvement. 

• Like 1

I'm not a runner - but that sounds like a pretty big improvement. 

Especially since today was my first day back after a short Doctor enforced running break. Had some bad knee pain after slipping a few weeks ago. 110% now.
  • Like 4

Said this before. But I just watched Last Jedi again... terrible. General Hux ruins the whole thing. Couldn’t tell if I was watching a remake of Space Balls or Star Wars... terrible.

• Like 1

This week I learned that noise cancelling headphones can cause headaches and dizziness/mild nasuea. I've had a pair for a while that I use at work, and I've been noticing that when I wear them for a sustained period, let's say longer than half an hour, I start to not feel well. At first I thought maybe my glasses needed a new prescription, but nope. I run F.lux on my monitors to eliminate blue light, and the headaches were still coming. I wear ear buds all the time, along with other types of over-ear headphones at home for a long time with no fatigue or headaches.

So I did a little research online and sure enough, some low end frequencies still filter through and can mess up your ears, making you almost feel motion sick. Since I need to take Dramamine on long car trips or flights, this didn't surprise me. I ended up buying a $14 pair of Sonys and using them for a few days... and zero discomfort or side effects. So much for the pricey noise cancelling models!

• Like 1

Best wishes there - I will put you on our prayer list at church.

What is with these Chinese symbol posts again??? It's been a while since we had this is there a way to keep the spam bots out when people sign up like the I'm not a robot thing?

Well this is a combination of "Got a Problem"  and "Happy" threads, so I guess it fits here. In early November my youngest got married and at some point my wife lost her expensive diamond wedding band. After several futile searches: hotel, beauty shop, car, all throughout our house (several times) and even checked the lost and found ads, she came to the conclusion  after a month that it's gone. Fortunately we had it listed in our insurance policy. 

The happy part? When she contacted the adjuster this past week, it was a no hassle, short conversation that concluded with "we're wiring you the money for the full appraisal price" In today's age of insurance delays or interrogations, I was thrilled with their response. Now as long as they don't raise rates they've got a customer for life.  

• Like 5

A good read about my first employer way back when I was a kid.  He owned a petroleum business for many years in my hometown.  Mr. McKnight is still a member of my home club.  He defeated Sergio Garcia in the 1998 US Amateur Semifinal before losing to Hank Kuehne in the final.  But that still earned him a spot in the 1999 Masters.  

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/golf/local-golf-notebook-mcknight-an-easy-choice-for-state-hall/article_049e50d7-c335-507b-90fe-5867fc72c09e.html

• Like 2

Anyone know any good blonde jokes?

• Because she's a blonde she can just smile and everyone is happy.
  • Because she's a blonde every head turns when she walks in the room.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll never have to worry about getting help when her car breaks down.
  • Because she's a blonde she's never had to buy a single drink in her life.
  • Because she's a blonde they have a special MRS degree at all colleges, where she can party for four years, never attend classes, but walk away from the university not only with a husband, but a degree, and a high five figure job for an "entry level" whatever.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll spend her entire life having strange men cater to her every desire.  And if she gets bored with husband #1, there are 10 other fools in line to pick up behind her.

I say this today, because my company not so long ago hired a blonde to be our new HR person.  We never had an HR person before, but this was a needed position where people could actually have a human being to go to to have questions answered about company stuff that the finance department had no business having to answer.  But the more you get to know "the blonde" the more you realize that that beautiful face, hair and body are simply masking the fact that she's got air between her ears, and that there is no intelligence whatsoever in her.  But sure, she looks good, so have her be in every company picture for every function and event the company puts on.  I guess since she looks good, it makes the company look good to have this brain dead bimbo out in front looking good for the camera.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Anyone know any good blonde jokes?

• Because she's a blonde she can just smile and everyone is happy.
  • Because she's a blonde every head turns when she walks in the room.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll never have to worry about getting help when her car breaks down.
  • Because she's a blonde she's never had to buy a single drink in her life.
  • Because she's a blonde they have a special MRS degree at all colleges, where she can party for four years, never attend classes, but walk away from the university not only with a husband, but a degree, and a high five figure job for an "entry level" whatever.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll spend her entire life having strange men cater to her every desire.  And if she gets bored with husband #1, there are 10 other fools in line to pick up behind her.

I say this today, because my company not so long ago hired a blonde to be our new HR person.  We never had an HR person before, but this was a needed position where people could actually have a human being to go to to have questions answered about company stuff that the finance department had no business having to answer.  But the more you get to know "the blonde" the more you realize that that beautiful face, hair and body are simply masking the fact that she's got air between her ears, and that there is no intelligence whatsoever in her.  But sure, she looks good, so have her be in every company picture for every function and event the company puts on.  I guess since she looks good, it makes the company look good to have this brain dead bimbo out in front looking good for the camera.

Plenty of blonde jokes in the "What's your best joke thread" But in this case, sadly, the jokes on your company. Sorry to hear! 

I’ve followed golf forums for almost 10 years now.And maybe it is me, but the overall posts and threads created has really dropped substantially.I remember making a thread on another forum.And within a few hours it would drop out of sight onto the second page.There was some massive online golf forum traffic back in the day.Now threads seem to hang on the opening page for almost a week at times.With little or no responses

love this forum.But times have really changed.So many members have left or maybe even possibly passed away.Seems like most never hang around.Or are only about giveaways

Edited by Big money