Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

I think that I need to fire our head custodian. I hate firing people but when you walk the campus and are unable to identify a single completed project begun over the past three months....it's time. :(

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Rev...When I was the GM of a hotel and managed over 80 employees, I always hated that.  But I had to remind myself. "They fired themselves, I'm just doing the paperwork"  He has nobody to blame but himself.  But I understand, for any decent person with a heart, it's not an easy thing to do.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Rev...When I was the GM of a hotel and managed over 80 employees, I always hated that. But I had to remind myself. "They fired themselves, I'm just doing the paperwork" He has nobody to blame but himself. But I understand, for any decent person with a heart, it's not an easy thing to do.

I feel for U. I ran a manufacturing company for 35 years and had to say "goodbye" to few people. It's not the easiest thing to do, in fact it's the hardest part of the job.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yup, still have nightmares, we have twin daughters [emoji41]

I have 15 year old twin daughters going into high school this year  :o   That and a 2 year old......  Wish me luck!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I have 15 year old twin daughters going into high school this year :o That and a 2 year old...... Wish me luck!

Lucky U! Teenage years they can't believe how stupid parents R. They realize U not that dumb when their about 21.

I told my daughters they get 4 years of college paid and 1 wedding each so plan accordingly.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Credit card thieves...arseholes. I only found out when I went to buy a plant yesterday and my card was declined. Even worse was it's my Visa debit card, so the money was mine, not the banks.

I hope they get caught, sent to jail and prison raped.

Had this happen when I was overseas on vacation... TWICE in consecutive years! Went out to a nice dinner at a high end restaurant and my card was declined. Strange as I pay my card off at the end of every month and have a pretty high limit on that particular card too. Had a heck of a time calling from overseas to the US number. Apparently my card had been cloned and someone on the island went on spending spree to the tune of 7K! One of the places was a the restaurant I tried to use my card at when it was declined. Talked to the GM and pulled up the receipt. He knew the group as they apparently come in quite frequently. I looked at the 3k tab... It's churrasco so meals were expensive but they also got Cristal (quite a few bottles of them), Cuban cigars and a large tip to the waiter. I told the GM the server should of been checking ID. I also told himto expect a charge back from Visa. He didn't seem to care. Funny thing is that I'm always care especially about credit cards. Best I can figure, my card got cloned right at the airport as that was the only place the card left my sight. Never fun when it happens.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

A friend I recently reconnected with after 25 years found out yesterday he has cancer.... sometimes things just suck.

Sorry to hear that StrokerAce :( at least you got to connect with him for a few. How bad is the cancer? Thoughts and prayers for your friend...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

Sorry to hear that StrokerAce :( at least you got to connect with him for a few. How bad is the cancer? Thoughts and prayers for your friend...

MDGolfHacker

Not sure yet...hopefully not too bad.... thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Having shoulder problems... again (this will probably be my 4th shoulder surgery 2 on L, 2nd on R) Im beginning to think the last surgeon screwed it up worse. Went for the MRI, they had issues injecting the dye so they kept moving the needle around in my shoulder, didnt hurt then, but today I cant lift my arm

Man, hopefully then can fix it for good this go around...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Thinking about giving this game up! Everything went to hell in a hand basket. No distance, can't putt, might as well give up now.

15-20 yards shorter with every club in the bag this year, except the putter which is all over the place.

This was me last week, and a few weeks prior to that. My game isn't that good to begin with and when it's bad, I just want to throw my clubs in the nearest body of water and take up needlepoint. I took off from golf for a few days to reset. No golf channel or my golf spy or practicing with the clubs. It will get better. Good luck!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Thanks man... I talked to him last week and my entire objective was to talk about things other than his diagnosis; reflect/reminisce on stuff to hopefully bring some joy into his life for a while and get his mind on something else.

Really appreciate the words of advice; hard to believe but this is the first time anyone close to me (family/friends) has been afflicted with this cruel and unforgiving disease.

He'll be going in for his biopsy early this week to determine if it has spread but so far it is just testicular cancer.  Fingers crossed...

I had to watch my dad pass, After he told us about his cancer, the only time it was ever brought up again was by him.. At least between him and I.. I was able to take him hunting for the last time the fall before he passed.. He acted like nothing was wrong, Like the Man i grew up around.. He never stopped thanking me for just treating as I always had.. Just be his friend and be yourself.. You can be you better than anyone else so be that guy.. the one he's friends with. Do not try to be his Dr. or some magician... it will only cause frustration and pain on both side.. 

I am sorry JUst be there for him.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I had to watch my dad pass, After he told us about his cancer, the only time it was ever brought up again was by him.. At least between him and I.. I was able to take him hunting for the last time the fall before he passed.. He acted like nothing was wrong, Like the Man i grew up around.. He never stopped thanking me for just treating as I always had.. Just be his friend and be yourself.. You can be you better than anyone else so be that guy.. the one he's friends with. Do not try to be his Dr. or some magician... it will only cause frustration and pain on both side.. 

Thanks Reese... so sorry to hear about your dad but glad to hear that you were able to spend some time with home doing something nice.

Really appreciate the words of advice.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

True. Similar experience years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

True. Similar experience years ago.

Yep, same here.  My dad lived in CA and I went to see him about two weeks before he died, of course at the time I didn't know it was going to be two weeks, but we were told a month or two at tops.   

The visit was much like any of our visits, the only difference was I asked him more about his experiences in the past...things he had accomplished in his life that he never bragged about and as a kid i was too oblivious being a kid to notice.   

The lasting memory was my last day there it was lunch time and we had driven out to the beach and I asked what he wanted for lunch.   He smiled and without hesitation said "I'd love some pancakes.  I haven't had any since I've been sick, Jean (his wife after my mother) won't let me says they are bad for my health...You should have heard him after that.  He laughed and said have you ever heard of such a thing, bad for my health.   Hell I've got tumors eating up my insides, but she thinks pancakes will kill me.   We both busted out laughing for about 5 minutes...on our way to IHOP  of course.    

it is one of my fondest memories of the last several years of his life.  

Yep, same here.  My dad lived in CA and I went to see him about two weeks before he died, of course at the time I didn't know it was going to be two weeks, but we were told a month or two at tops.   

The visit was much like any of our visits, the only difference was I asked him more about his experiences in the past...things he had accomplished in his life that he never bragged about and as a kid i was too oblivious being a kid to notice.   

The lasting memory was my last day there it was lunch time and we had driven out to the beach and I asked what he wanted for lunch.   He smiled and without hesitation said "I'd love some pancakes.  I haven't had any since I've been sick, Jean (his wife after my mother) won't let me says they are bad for my health...You should have heard him after that.  He laughed and said have you ever heard of such a thing, bad for my health.   Hell I've got tumors eating up my insides, but she thinks pancakes will kill me.   We both busted out laughing for about 5 minutes...on our way to IHOP  of course.    

it is one of my fondest memories of the last several years of his life.  

Thank you all... 

My dad and I were hunting, I'm driving yells at me to stop.. So I pull over, He jumps out of the jeep across the ditch and into an apple orchard.. Where we hunt is in Eastern Washington and is part of the apple capitol of the world.. Anyhow I think he has to pee, Nope he comes back with a bunch of fresh apples in his shirt.. I say Dad that not right, He says " ah Sh!t I'll be dead before they send me to jail over a bunch of apples.. Off we drove munching on fresh off the tree apples.. 

Pancakes, apples, in the grand scheme it's all the same... And it's all good... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Thank you all... 

My dad and I were hunting, I'm driving yells at me to stop.. So I pull over, He jumps out of the jeep across the ditch and into an apple orchard.. Where we hunt is in Eastern Washington and is part of the apple capitol of the world.. Anyhow I think he has to pee, Nope he comes back with a bunch of fresh apples in his shirt.. I say Dad that not right, He says " ah Sh!t I'll be dead before they send me to jail over a bunch of apples.. Off we drove munching on fresh off the tree apples.. 

Pancakes, apples, in the grand scheme it's all the same... And it's all good... 

You're right, Apple and Pancakes, and making new memories right to the end!

Sympathies to you guys, and to your Dads and to your friends.... :(

---

But .. my rant today is not just s-l-o-w play, but .. NO PLAY.

Seriously. OMG.

Wife and I get a tee time, show up, guy says "Yeah, it's clear. No problem." Pay for 18 and very nearly walk off after 1. Yes. 1.

We'd started behind some sort of outing, and we waited .. and waited .. and waited .. on #1 to tee off. And then to hit our second shot. And then to take the second tee. Which is like 50 feet away. And then .. we're waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And...

These guys slowly drive down the cart path (we were walking) and park about halfway to the hole on a short Par 4. A few minutes go by. One of them slowly meanders out on foot on to the fairway. Stands there. Second guy slowly ambles over. Stands next to first guy. Next two kinda half walk half shuffle out there. More standing around. No one - NO ONE - has a club in their hand. Not one out of four people standing in the middle of a fairway on a golf course on an incredibly lovely sunny warm but not too warm day.

Yes - wife and I are still standing on the #2 tee.

A few more minutes go by .. not sure just what they're doing but they're not golfing they're not talking about golfing they're not making golfing practice swings .. .. they're just doing NOTHING.

No - there was absolutely no one in front of them. Green was clear. Tee #3 was clear. In fact, while we're watching this green #3 becomes clear.

Then somehow they just move on?

Needless to say after this I am just a raw frayed tangle of twitchy jumpy uptight nerves and, yes, I duffed my tee shot (after making par on #1 with a decent up and down after my approach fell short right; and .. ummm .. not counting the first tee free Mulligan. That's a "thing", right? First tee Mulligan?).

So we walk to our balls and yeah these guys are still walking around the green.

I pick up my ball .. tell my wife to do the same .. and we cut through the trees to the middle of #3. Just ditch the rest of #2.

Hit short approaches, chip and putt out and go to #4.

And guess what then?

Yep! Waiting. And waiting. And... And.. Started to walk off again, but suddenly it looked like this next group - also in carts - takes off down the hill towards the green.

OK, whew, maybe we can salvage this.

Hit our tee shots, walk up there. Only to see... Yep - more standing around and more walking back and forth and more discussions but NO GOLFING.

I just sit down next to my ball.

Anyone ever do that? EVER? Sit down on a fairway and not play golf?

I look at my wife and blurt out: "These guys must be playing for the redemption of their souls."

No blasphemy intended, RevKev, if you're reading this but that line just hit me while I was sitting there. Sitting on the fairway not hitting a golf ball. I mean, not in any pro tournament where they're literally playing for their livelihood have I ever witnessed this amount of deliberation.

Wife (again) tries to calm me down and somehow we finally get a chance to hit our approaches. Which yeah I blew mine - what tension in the arms? - but made a nice chip save and a good putt so out of all this I actually had a fairly solid short game.

Anyway - at this point we decide to finish 9 at least as play seems to start to move on at a slightly better pace.

That group we cut off? Never caught us. Never got close. And this was a s-l-o-w 9.

(Whew, ok, sorry guys but wow yeah I had to vent!!!!!!!)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

---

Seriously. OMG.

Wife and I get a tee time, show up, guy says "Yeah, it's clear. No problem." Pay for 18 and very nearly walk off after 1. Yes. 1.

We'd started behind some sort of outing, and we waited .. and waited .. and waited .. on #1 to tee off. And then to hit our second shot. And then to take the second tee. Which is like 50 feet away. And then .. we're waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And...

These guys slowly drive down the cart path (we were walking) and park about halfway to the hole on a short Par 4. A few minutes go by. One of them slowly meanders out on foot on to the fairway. Stands there. Second guy slowly ambles over. Stands next to first guy. Next two kinda half walk half shuffle out there. More standing around. No one - NO ONE - has a club in their hand. Not one out of four people standing in the middle of a fairway on a golf course on an incredibly lovely sunny warm but not too warm day.

A few more minutes go by .. not sure just what they're doing but they're not golfing they're not talking about golfing they're not making golfing practice swings .. .. they're just doing NOTHING.

No - there was absolutely no one in front of them. Green was clear. Tee #3 was clear. In fact, while we're watching this green #3 becomes clear.

Needless to say after this I am just a raw frayed tangle of twitchy jumpy uptight nerves and, yes, I duffed my tee shot (after making par on #1 with a decent up and down after my approach fell short right; and .. ummm .. not counting the first tee free Mulligan. That's a "thing", right? First tee Mulligan?).

I pick up my ball .. tell my wife to do the same .. and we cut through the trees to the middle of #3. Just ditch the rest of #2.

And guess what then?

Yep! Waiting. And waiting. And... And.. Started to walk off again, but suddenly it looked like this next group - also in carts - takes off down the hill towards the green.

Hit our tee shots, walk up there. Only to see... Yep - more standing around and more walking back and forth and more discussions but NO GOLFING.

I look at my wife and blurt out: "These guys must be playing for the redemption of their souls."

No blasphemy intended, RevKev, if you're reading this but that line just hit me while I was sitting there. Sitting on the fairway not hitting a golf ball. I mean, not in any pro tournament where they're literally playing for their livelihood have I ever witnessed this amount of deliberation.

Wife (again) tries to calm me down and somehow we finally get a chance to hit our approaches. Which yeah I blew mine - what tension in the arms? - but made a nice chip save and a good putt so out of all this I actually had a fairly solid short game.

Anyway - at this point we decide to finish 9 at least as play seems to start to move on at a slightly better pace.

That group we cut off? Never caught us. Never got close. And this was a s-l-o-w 9.

Sounds like those boys needed a cattle prod up their arse! [emoji78]

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

A couple of years ago at my old club, we had a group of 5-6 guys that would play together.  The pro really didn't like rules, so that wasn't a problem.  They only played on Wed after work.  They would tee off, play the hole at a slow pace, then on the next tee they would all huddle around each other and talk for several minutes.  Same for every hole.  I think it was some sort of church group or maybe self-help meeting.  We didn't play after work on Wednesdays.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

---

Seriously. OMG.

And guess what then?

Amen. Thanks, that sums up pretty much every other round for me.

- Alan

Very odd CK. At first I was wondering if it was some sort of group clinic. But I'm sure the pro would have been aware of holding up the group behind.

Not sure what was going on. But it would have gotten to me as well.

Today's another day!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

---

Seriously. OMG.

And guess what then?

Venting is good for the blood pressure!

I've gotten cranky in my "senior years" and can't deal in any way with that type of behavior on the course. If play gets that slow I go to the ambassador/ranger tell him I'm otta here then to the Pro Shop for a rain/too freakin slow check. It's happened 3 times in 2 years and the Pro Shop has not denied us the rain check.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Wow - touched a raw nerve with several of you who've also suffered through something like that.....

RickP - thx for the rain check tip!

So they were all part of a charity outing but I could NOT discern what format they were playing. It did not look - nor move - like best ball. It may have been some sort of team format playing better ball..?

Also did not notice it at first but then I saw that in all the groups I got a view of there was at least one guy with a laser rangefinder. Standing there and scoping the surroundings.

(And don't need to start another rant about the time that takes.)

(Nor about how pointless it seemed when their shots went 50 yards wide or short.)

(And - this course isn't that long and there are 200 / 150 / 100 blue white and red stakes.)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Wow - touched a raw nerve with several of you who've also suffered through something like that.....

RickP - thx for the rain check tip!

So they were all part of a charity outing but I could NOT discern what format they were playing. It did not look - nor move - like best ball. It may have been some sort of team format playing better ball..?

Also did not notice it at first but then I saw that in all the groups I got a view of there was at least one guy with a laser rangefinder. Standing there and scoping the surroundings.

(And don't need to start another rant about the time that takes.)

(Nor about how pointless it seemed when their shots went 50 yards wide or short.)

(And - this course isn't that long and there are 200 / 150 / 100 blue white and red stakes.)

Sounds like a Charity Scramble which we call "hit and giggle " golf. Usually consists of a large number of people who play once a year (at the scramble) and have no clue about golf.

When I was working I played in a ton of them then got smart and sent some younger guys to play and represent the company. Had one take 6 hours , no kidding. That was my last one.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sounds like a Charity Scramble which we call "hit and giggle " golf. Usually consists of a large number of people who play once a year (at the scramble) and have no clue about golf.

When I was working I played in a ton of them then got smart and sent some younger guys to play and represent the company. Had one take 6 hours , no kidding. That was my last one.

Easy now  :D   Those "Hit and Giggles" are how I make my living.  One of our annual members (we are a public municipal course with 36 holes, but do sell annual memberships) who is a crotchety old guy (I say that in all terms of endearment as we have a great relationship) is always coming into my office and telling me to go take a few days or better yet a few months off as I'm doing too good of job selling "his" course and holding up his play.    We just had a spirited conversation about it this morning.   

he's actually a very smart man and truly understands the business side of golf as well, but likes to let me know when that interfere's with his daily routine...LOL   

We have had a couple of those 6 hour rounds, but you have to have the right attitude about it.  It's a day of fun, meant to raise funds for a Charity or good cause, and provide a fun day away from the office.    I have not met too many people who would have rather worked than spent 6 hours on a golf course and have a good meal and beverages along the way, and a chance to socialize with friends and help a good cause.   

Scrambles are like the walk/ride debate.  You're going to have people that love them and others who think it's an insult to the good game of golf.    But all I can say, is I hope they never go away  ;)

Easy now :D Those "Hit and Giggles" are how I make my living. One of our annual members (we are a public municipal course with 36 holes, but do sell annual memberships) who is a crotchety old guy (I say that in all terms of endearment as we have a great relationship) is always coming into my office and telling me to go take a few days or better yet a few months off as I'm doing too good of job selling "his" course and holding up his play. We just had a spirited conversation about it this morning.

he's actually a very smart man and truly understands the business side of golf as well, but likes to let me know when that interfere's with his daily routine...LOL

We have had a couple of those 6 hour rounds, but you have to have the right attitude about it. It's a day of fun, meant to raise funds for a Charity or good cause, and provide a fun day away from the course. I have not met too many people who would have rather worked than spent 6 hours on a golf course and have a good meal and beverages along the way, and a chance to socialize with friends and help a good cause.

Scrambles are like the walk/ride debate. You're going to have people that love them and others who think it's an insult to the good game of golf. But all I can say, is I hope they never go away ;)

In CT I played mostly at a mini about 1/2 mile from our house. I had a year pass that was dead butt cheap (walking) that I was thankful for. They had a Charity Outing once a week usually Wednesday afternoon. We all knew it and allowed for it. Without these tourneys Pro and staff didn't make money, maintenance would suffer and our Year passes would skyrocket. It is what it is.

That's why I played Thursday evenings[emoji41].

They would never have these outings on weekends.

I cannot even begin to count how many charities have outings. We (company) as a member of the community believed that we should have a presence and contribute to them.

I Still hated the 6 hours!![emoji3]

As far a the crotchety old guy my wife says I'm getting there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

In CT I played mostly at a mini about 1/2 mile from our house. I had a year pass that was dead butt cheap (walking) that I was thankful for. They had a Charity Outing once a week usually Wednesday afternoon. We all knew it and allowed for it. Without these tourneys Pro and staff didn't make money, maintenance would suffer and our Year passes would skyrocket. It is what it is.

That's why I played Thursday evenings[emoji41].

They would never have these outings on weekends.

I cannot even begin to count how many charities have outings. We (company) as a member of the community believed that we should have a presence and contribute to them.

I Still hated the 6 hours!![emoji3]

As far a the crotchety old guy my wife says I'm getting there.

I tell mine if I ever start to become like that, she has my permission to just shoot me.  She said, nope I'm not worth going to jail over, she'll just give me the boot...ha

Good on your company for supporting them, and I do have several friends that are like you, been there done that rodeo, no thanks.   

We do have them on weekends as well, but having 36 holes makes that possible.   And like you our annual member friend realizes he's getting a heck of a deal on his "cost per round" he tells me even though I'm not the one he should be complaining to, but he will because at least I'm a good venting source...ha

My vacation starts tomorrow.   Yes you read that right, it's a rant.    

While I will enjoy where we are going (a nice golf resort on the Eastern Shore) and I'm sure will have a good time.   I honestly would rather be at work.  I'm certainly not one of those workaholics who is work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day.   

But I truly truly LOVE my job and I honestly look forward to getting up every morning and coming in.  Plus I will be away from selling for three days, and while I'm sure I won't miss anything that can't be sold next week when I get back, it's a matter of when commission is a big part of your compensation, you hate to miss any opportunity.   How else am I going to afford those AP3's in September...LOL

Also part of the rant will be reduced MGS time, I'm sure I'll get some quick hit and runs here, but generally I promise my better half, that I will "unplug" as much as possible while we are away together.  

So I feel like I should leave you all the same OOO message I have on my VM and email...LOL

My vacation starts tomorrow. Yes you read that right, it's a rant.

While I will enjoy where we are going (a nice golf resort on the Eastern Shore) and I'm sure will have a good time. I honestly would rather be at work. I'm certainly not one of those workaholics who is work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day.

But I truly truly LOVE my job and I honestly look forward to getting up every morning and coming in. Plus I will be away from selling for three days, and while I'm sure I won't miss anything that can't be sold next week when I get back, it's a matter of when commission is a big part of your compensation, you hate to miss any opportunity. How else am I going to afford those AP3's in September...LOL

Also part of the rant will be reduced MGS time, I'm sure I'll get some quick hit and runs here, but generally I promise my better half, that I will "unplug" as much as possible while we are away together.

So I feel like I should leave you all the same OOO message I have on my VM and email...LOL

Have a great vacation bruther!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My vacation starts tomorrow. Yes you read that right, it's a rant.

While I will enjoy where we are going (a nice golf resort on the Eastern Shore) and I'm sure will have a good time. I honestly would rather be at work. I'm certainly not one of those workaholics who is work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day.

But I truly truly LOVE my job and I honestly look forward to getting up every morning and coming in. Plus I will be away from selling for three days, and while I'm sure I won't miss anything that can't be sold next week when I get back, it's a matter of when commission is a big part of your compensation, you hate to miss any opportunity. How else am I going to afford those AP3's in September...LOL

Early part of my career I felt the same way but as business climate and employee problems changed thru the years I was happy to get away. Because of the nature of my job I never took more than a week at a time. But I took a week at least every quarter or else I'd go nuts. It took me a long time to get "normal" after retiring. Every once in a while I'll tell my wife maybe I should get a part time job but she's against it. Since she is the Home CEO I'm not working!

Rick

Left Hand,