mr.hicksta

mr.hicksta's WITB ​​​​​​

Very nice. Looks brand new.

Not quite brand new, but fairly new :). The list of clubs I've gone through this year is nothing short of absurd, but I plan on limiting that in 2017!

• Like 2

Very nice looking bag there mr.hicksta. Wouldn't mind throwing that bag over my shoulder for 18

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks! It's the result of an absurd amount of tinkering. I'll lay all that out in a different thread ;)

Love it!! Those 565's are sexy!!

They are so freakin' good looking. I love em'!

Those hzardous shafts are sick!

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Yessir, they are dangerous! I really like the black in my hybrid. It is an absolute weapon!!!

Slick bag. Those might be the best irons on the market too.

Thanks and coming from the CF16s I tend to agree about the Z565s. They really are the complete package!

• Like 2

Awesome WIYB you got there, love them 565's. Definitely my next dream irons.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

+1 on the irons with those shafts. Money.

I love everything about them. I can't say it enough...they're the total package!

• Like 2

Not quite brand new, but fairly new :). The list of clubs I've gone through this year is nothing short of absurd, but I plan on limiting that in 2017!

I also did some damage with the plastic in '16. I intent to focus strictly on my game in '17. We shall see how it shakes out. Damn. I love new clubs
  • Like 1

I also did some damage with the plastic in '16. I intent to focus strictly on my game in '17. We shall see how it shakes out. Damn. I love new clubs

Ha, you and me both! I definitely won't be doing the same thing this year :)

Ha, you and me both! I definitely won't be doing the same thing this year :).

I haven't looked at my golf equipment fund since before the holidays. However, I know its in the RED and that alone won't allow me to 'get crazy' this season. Even if i wanted too!! Which I probably will lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    WRW1978

• By puttingpirate
      So, PXG released 0211 irons.
      A progressive size head set (4i XF -> then P size head) with the same foam inside but the whole club is cast. 
      At half the price of the current lineup ($200/head).
      What do you guys think?
      Pic:

• By MikeyStash
      Driver - Ping G410 9°, Projext X Evenflow Black 75 6.5
      3W (Changing soon)- TaylorMade M1 2017 HL 17°, Kuro Kage Stiff
      Hybrid - TaylorMade SLDR 21° Fujikara Speeder 82 Stiff
      Irons - Callaway Apex Pro 16 (4-GW), KBS Tour 120
      Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy Fordged: 54° and 56° (Bent to 58°), KBS Wedge
      Putter - TaylorMade Spider Mini 36”
      Ball - Vice Pro
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS FOR BEING SELECTED...STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO FROM ME
      @revkev
      @TSauer
      @PAgolfer2017
      @mr.hicksta

Sit Down This is A Big One!! 
      What's your most effective club after your last iron and before your driver, 4-hybrid, 5 wood,  utility iron?  And how does that club fit with the rest of your clubs in that gap?  Were you fit for it?  Well according to the people I met with at PING at the PGA Show, most golfers don't pay as much attention to this area as they pay to the driver, irons and putter. Sure it may not be as thrilling as a driver fitting, and being covered up with head covers they may not bring the attention to your bag that shiny new irons do.  But properly fit and gapped, they absolutely will save strokes in your long game. 

So we are looking for four testers to join myself in putting the latest line of PING G410 fairway-woods/hybrids/crossovers to test to see how they help improve your long game.  Which clubs will you be testing?  Well that's where part of the real fun comes in. Once selected, the testers will be set up with a FREE fitting by the local rep or an authorized top fitter in the area, for the gap between driver and irons.  When the fitter has determined the setup those specs will be sent to PING and you will receive the clubs to test/review and keep. 
      It's imperative that anyone that applies for this testing, understands and agrees that they will receive exactly what the fitter recommends, and not what you think you'd prefer or think you'd be more comfortable with. If you're not willing to put your trust in the hands of professional fitters, than this testing isn't for you. So put all egos aside and go into the fitting open minded. I know I did exactly that and was quite surprised and even more pleased at the results. I'll share my experiences and setup once the testing has begun. 

Also just want everyone to know, while the recent partnership announcement between PING and Arccos is very exciting, they will not be an option for this this testing.  
      How to apply.
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - City/State  
      - Your swing speed and handicap
      - Your current setup of FW/Hybrid/Utility,....for example:   17* Utility iron, 5 wood, 4 hybrid
      Right Hand or Left Hand

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US (due to fitting logistics).  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

Please do not 'quote' this post when applying...

• By mr.hicksta
      Vessel Golf Player Stand Bag (14-way in Matte Black)
      I went through a lot of bags before I ended up with the Vessel and I'm so happy with it that I decided to do a quick review of the bag in case others considering picking one up! I was actually looking at this bag (albeit in black since the matte black wasn't available yet) last year, but when I got quoted $200 shipping out here to Hawaii that made the purchase unrealistic. My interest was piqued again when I saw a friend had picked one up so I decided to try and find one from a vendor that wasn't going to charge me the price of a bag for shipping. Luckily for me I found this bag on eBay with much more reasonable shipping. After going over the entire bag, I found it has many of the features I enjoyed on the Ping Hoofer and the Sun Mountain Four 5. The overall quality is way better, (with the Ping Hoofer coming close) which is what you'd expect when paying over $300 for a golf bag! Enough of that...on to my thoughts!

The good:
      The layout of the 14-way top, especially the putter well! Plenty of storage including a 'stealth' valuables pocket with a lock! Extremely comfortable straps Magnetic rangefinder pouch Stealthy design with very few logos (I'm a fan of the incognito look) Enclosed base with smooth stand leg deployment Minimal tangling when pulling clubs out of the bag  Impressive build quality The okay:
      The towel hook/loop doubles as a ball marker, which looks kind of odd (UPDATE: Vessel is sending me a 2.0 towel loop!) No full length dividers No dedicated water bottle pouch. The cold item zipper pouch looks to be more dual use, so we'll see how it is on the course.  The 2.0 Player Stand bag has been released since I purchased my bag and I suspect there are a few differences between the generations, but seeing how there's not a lot that can be changed I'm guessing the difference is minimal. I could've saved myself some money figuring out a way to get this bag last year, but I'm glad I ended up with one and I look forward to getting some mileage on this incredibly sexy golf bag! 

Feel free to post any questions in the thread and I hope y'all found this to be useful!

• By Golfspy_CG2
      The Number one Grip in Golf and the most used brand on tour sent out a few different models of grips to My Golf Spy forum member to be tested and reported back on.
      This thread will serve as the review thread for the following testers and grips.

MCC Plus 4 ALIGN 
      @romeopapazulu                      Stage 1                                 Stage 2
      @knightsofnii                            Stage 1                                 Stage 2

Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro Putter Grips
       @chemclub                            Stage 1                               Stage 2
      @BigtazzGolf                           Stage 1                               Stage 2
      @JDHolmes                             Stage 1                                Stage 2
      @gchester33                            Stage 1                                Stage 2

Z Grip ALIGN
      @LeftyHawk                             Stage 1                                 Stage 2

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!