Stray Away from Pro V1?

Shankster

I've had two hole in ones. The first was with a TP5.... the second with a ProV1. If I could get the TP5, I would still be gaming it. I refuse to pay the coin for the newest iteration of the TP5.... or any of the tour balls. I buy from Lost Golf Balls at less than half the price. I'm going to try either the Lethal or the Tour Prefered this year. Both are still the TP5 I think??? TM keeps changing names and I can't figure out what is what with them anymore.

I've found the quality at golf balls direct to be a bit better than lost golf balls. I did like those TP5's too, I have one hanging out in the bag.

- Alan

• Like 1

I made that change years ago! I like the Taylormade tour preferred x.

The vice pro/plus has been as close if not better for me than the pro v1/x

Also the MG c4 has been a revelation- like it more than the pro v1.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I've had two hole in ones. The first was with a TP5.... the second with a ProV1. If I could get the TP5, I would still be gaming it. I refuse to pay the coin for the newest iteration of the TP5.... or any of the tour balls. I buy from Lost Golf Balls at less than half the price. I'm going to try either the Lethal or the Tour Prefered this year. Both are still the TP5 I think??? TM keeps changing names and I can't figure out what is what with them anymore.

Hehehe... I bought like 300 old TP5's lakeballs last year :D 

Hope they last a while...

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Have tried the On Core ELIXR, Vice Pro Soft, Chrome Soft Truvis, Snell MTB, Wilson Duo Spin, Wilson Duo U all this year..........so far I like the MTB, Duo U and VP Soft for my game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Have tried the On Core ELIXR, Vice Pro Soft, Chrome Soft Truvis, Snell MTB, Wilson Duo Spin, Wilson Duo U all this year..........so far I like the MTB, Duo U and VP Soft for my game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Is that duo spin as soft as the original duo? Sometimes I though I whiffed when I played a round with those things they were so soft.

- Alan

• Like 1

Happy wife = Happy life.

As I have mention before, when it comes to Christmas, birthdays and Anniversaries, the wife knows that she can always rely on getting me some golf stuff.  I get most of my golf stuff from a locally owned and operated golf shop where I know the people and they know me and my game.   So that's where the wife goes.   When she asks for golf balls, they immediately give her the Pro-Vs, so I use them.  Truth be known, I play just as well with the Velocity, but she takes their advice regarding other purchases, especially equipment, as well.   I don't want to endanger that.

• Like 1

My wife hates golf. She'd rather buy me tennis gear or something that I'll never use.

My wife is a social Golfer. Plays maybe 9 then complains about golfing taking too long. Give her a few beers and she'll just sit in the cart on her phone, lol. She doesn't care what ball she plays as long as it's colorful so I don't invest a lot on Pro V's on her, just colored top flight or low end volvik balls.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

Is that duo spin as soft as the original duo? Sometimes I though I whiffed when I played a round with those things they were so soft.

Duo spin is about 10% firmer than the regular duo.

- Alan

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Couldn't tell a difference with the Wilson FG Tour and the Pro V1 on the chipping green. I did back up a Wilson with my new wedges from 30 yards. Usually just a hop and stop from there. [emoji1360]

• Like 2

Couldn't tell a difference with the Wilson FG Tour and the Pro V1 on the chipping green. I did back up a Wilson with my new wedges from 30 yards. Usually just a hop and stop from there. [emoji1360]

Those FG Tour are impossible to find. Even our local rep didn't have any. And I've known him for 15 years. So I don't think he was holding out on me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Those FG Tour are impossible to find. Even our local rep didn't have any. And I've known him for 15 years. So I don't think he was holding out on me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I know, even amazon is price gouging. But they just might replace the Titleist.

- Alan

The Pro V1 buy 3 get one deal knocks the price down to $36.75 a dozen.  For that and free customization, I could justify it.  I don't lose many balls on the courses I play, so 4 dozen should take me into next season.  It's my first rodeo with a premium ball, I do like the short game feel, haven't noticed a difference in the long game.

• Like 2

WITB
Driver: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha udesign
Woods: :callaway-small: XR 3w, 7w
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ Forged 2016 4-G
Wedge: :ping-small: Eye 2 Gorge S
Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fang

Ball: :callaway-small: Supersoft 2017

The Pro V1 buy 3 get one deal knocks the price down to $36.75 a dozen. For that and free customization, I could justify it. I don't lose many balls on the courses I play, so 4 dozen should take me into next season. It's my first rodeo with a premium ball, I do like the short game feel, haven't noticed a difference in the long game.

I gained about 8 yards off the tee with the driver with the Pro V. Hopefully gain 8 more on top of that with Mr. Wilson. Heading back for round 2 at the practice green. I brought all 5 of my putters. One of them has to work or I will just use my wedges to putt with from now on.

- Alan

• Like 3

The Pro V1 buy 3 get one deal knocks the price down to $36.75 a dozen.  For that and free customization, I could justify it.  I don't lose many balls on the courses I play, so 4 dozen should take me into next season.  It's my first rodeo with a premium ball, I do like the short game feel, haven't noticed a difference in the long game.

... Yup, that is a good deal. Srixon has the same deal right now with their Z Star and XV. Buy 3 with personalization and get the 4th free. At $39.99 a dozen that comes down to $29.99 a dozen and the 2017 Z Star is my favorite premium ball. They made a dimple design change that makes it even more stable in the wind. At 100 mph swing speed the Z Star has a perfect compression for me, short game performance is just outstanding and a soft but not too soft feel. Lots of good ball deals out there right now! 

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 TaylorMade MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Round 2 sucked. Still can't putt. But Wilson has the slight edge right now. I hit one with my Hogan wedge... like butter. I recommend anyone with MB's that might want forgiveness to give the Wilson a whack. It's soft yet gives feedback and performs as good or better than the Pro V for me. Yes I'll do an official ball review, gotta get an entire round in first.

The ball matters but it doesn't if that means anything.

Every ball performs a bit differently so find one that you like and stick with it. There are way too many good ones out there and we all swing it a tad differently and certainly we all play under different conditions so knock yourself out and enjoy.

Rory doing something has very little to do with our games. No strike that nothing to do with our games. A shots that's pushed 10 feet off line in the wind at the wrong time could cost him half a million dollars and a title. Our courses aren't set up like that and we have no business trying to be that precise. Even if we had that ability we don't have the kind of practice time to refine it.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I pretend I am a pro. I really get myself into trouble when I do that. The only reason why I've been playing the ProV1 is because it's the ball, well the Professional 90 was the ball that my dad gave me back in the day. The "Titleist" name was branded in my brain, and it's just what I grab. But I'm planning on trying a few different brands to find out if the grass is greener.