scooducks

Golf and Girlfriends

I met my current girlfriend last October, towards the end of the golfing season. For the last 6 months, we've spent most weekend days together, mostly because I like spending time with her, buuuuuuutttttt also because the weather is too shitty to golf regularly between November and March.

Last week, I sent her a text letting her know I was playing nine holes after work on Friday... here's how it went:

Me: Hey FYI playing nine after work today, should be done around 7:30.

Her: Aren't you playing golf tomorrow?

Me: Yes

Her: So golf Friday and Saturday?

Me: Yes

Her: Ok I guess

... so it begins.

I picked up golf about half way through my current relationship. I just pick times that she is either asleep or busy. Tough to make it work all the time, but we live to together so it's not like we don't see one another. And if I go consecutive today's it's only 9 if I do 18 it's once a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm lucky.

My convos go like this:

Me: I'm playing tomorrow at 8am

Wife: Whaaat??? It's my turn tomorrow, you do the babysitting...
Me: Uhhh no, you are playing a competitive round on Sunday, so Saturday is mine... when is your mom coming?
Wife: Next week, then we can play together...
Me: Fine, I'll take the daughter and have her make sand castles in the practice bunker while I putt...

See... we fight about who gets to play and can only play together when grandma visits us to help us babysit :)
But that's fine, I love spending time with the little one and enjoy watching her chase my putt around the green (she's 2 year's old).

• Like 6

Same exact thing here. My schedule usually goes as follow: video games in the winter/colder months and golf right when it warms up. It's the perfect cycle.

THIS! Spent winter playing a little bit of Overwatch, WoW and PUBG. Now it's time to get on the course!

• Like 1

Like others have said. I make sure we have time together at least one day of the weekend. There are many weekends I don't play at all, some weekends where I play both days or on a golf trip.

As long as she knows in advance it all generally balances out.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

The best thing to happen was her best friend had a baby, I have become good friends and golf buddies with the friends husband, so now when he and I golf she goes and visits the baby. Makes it less of an "oh you're golfing again" 

• Like 2

Oh do I know the feeling! I work seasonally (winter) so summer is my time off and golf time. That being said we made sure we have some time at the cottage each weekend so it all balances out. That and I can always golf while she's at work.

If my kids were older and I could just take them with me then it would never be a problem. So I am waiting for the day that kid are in school all day and she's at work. Way more time for golf. Woohoo

I'm lucky.

My convos go like this:

Me: Uhhh no, you are playing a competitive round on Sunday, so Saturday is mine... when is your mom coming?

Me: Fine, I'll take the daughter and have her make sand castles in the practice bunker while I putt...

See... we fight about who gets to play and can only play together when grandma visits us to help us babysit :)

But that's fine, I love spending time with the little one and enjoy watching her chase my putt around the green (she's 2 year's old).

I kind of hate you a little bit... lucky dog.

• Like 1

I play golf and video games, those are my hobbies. My wife does neither. I have found that as long as I make some time for her I'm usually free to plan to play golf and video games when I want. She doesn't play but she does ride along sometimes which is nice

PS4 or X Box?? 

And what Games?

Inquiring minds want to know

And it begins.....invite her to ride along a few times. She will be bored and golf will not be some magical thing you do without her. Come home happy and in a great mood and after a while she will want you to golf.

I told my wife that it could be worse. we're happily married 12 years this past Sunday and if this is my mid life crisis then she's lucky!

She doesn't mind me golfing 1 or 2 times a week! She actually encouraged me to buy the unlimited range balls at local range for the summer, too!

I was carrying a (+4.6) index prior to my previous relationship.

She neither understood nor supported my golf habits and with absolutely zero practice I slumped to 0.0

Just wrapping up the divorce and excited about golf again...I'm seeing a Masters bid in my future.

It's a shame my putter doesn't keep the bed warm.

• Like 3

I've been blessed with an amazing wife who supports my hobbies and those things that "fill up my tank." I thank God for her. The main thing to remember is she is the most important thing in my life... priority number one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I'm lucky.

My convos go like this:

Exactly how our conversations go.

• Like 1

Been with my gf for 3 years and the first summer I played a fair amount of golf, but not my usual amount and she accepted it. Last summer it was a very big issue and I had an awful year and my handicap went up and tournament results were just awful.

At the end of the year I explained that golf is something I am passionate about and she understands that I am excessively competitive. Told her I won't be sacrificing my game to appease her this summer. We shall see how this year play out

• Like 1

I told the girl im dating within a few dates "I will golf until im old and physically incapable, and if you have a problem with that, we won't be together long enough for me to prove that to you."...

Basically stay on your toes and don't get in-between me and golf because I'll choose golf every time.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I was carrying a (+4.6) index prior to my previous relationship.

She neither understood nor supported my golf habits and with absolutely zero practice I slumped to 0.0

Just wrapping up the divorce and excited about golf again...I'm seeing a Masters bid in my future.

It's a shame my putter doesn't keep the bed warm.

This is the humblebraggiest humblebrag I've ever seen. Well done
  • Like 3