GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Looks like I might be sidelined for awhile.....got an MRI scheduled for a possible torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder.

It's not completely debilitating at this point, I can still swing a club but I'm sore the next day or so. I will have to wait and see what happens.

Oh nooooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I can assure you this puts a damn damper on ur pace of play. Worst part, the Zimmer partial implant (formerly Biomet) broke. Doc put 12 of these in over a 2 week timeframe, I'll be the 6th coming out. Going through it one more time in Dec. That was last Feb.

20170320_135752.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I can assure you this puts a damn damper on ur pace of play. Worst part, the Zimmer partial implant (formerly Biomet) broke. Doc put 12 of these in over a 2 week timeframe, I'll be the 6th coming out. Going through it one more time in Dec. That was last Feb.

attachicon.gif20170320_135752.jpg

Wow!  That's a crooked scar.  My scar for total knee replacement is nice and straight.

attachicon.gif20170320_135752.jpg

Dayuuuuumm and I thought my knee looked bad!

IMG_2158.JPG

You can see how much larger my right knee is as opposed to my left (normal) knee. My right leg is two inches shorter than my left . Three major surgeries and a ton of scar tissue.

WOW, sorry guys those pix are hard to look at.

This is why I'm delaying my knee replacement. I'm one of those guys who if something can go wrong it will.

Looks like I might be sidelined for awhile.....got an MRI scheduled for a possible torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder.

It's not completely debilitating at this point, I can still swing a club but I'm sore the next day or so. I will have to wait and see what happens.

OH man. I hate to hear this. Wishing you good news on the MRI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So on a related topic - braces for body parts - do the copper weave products work? I've seen them in socks, elbow braces, etc.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yep, copper does work- I have a copper weave knee sleeve that I use (arthritis in the knee from several surgeries years ago) - and I wear a copper and magnet wrist bracelet (amazon 30 bucks) that works for my back pain. 

Now, that said, I also take Aleve before the round, and my wife, (who has a Doctorate in Pharmacy) tells me that the copper does nothing.  I would argue that Golf is as much a mental game as anything- and if I think the copper works, then it works.  But it cant hurt! 

bracelet.jpg

• Like 3

My arse is still busted... :(

I'll spare you all photo's.  :D

• Like 7

Good luck, just went through this surgery. It sucks bad! 6 months until you can really do anything. 

I'll spare you all photo's. :D

Thank you, appreciate it.

• Like 4

Yep, copper does work- I have a copper weave knee sleeve that I use (arthritis in the knee from several surgeries years ago) - and I wear a copper and magnet wrist bracelet (amazon 30 bucks) that works for my back pain. 

Now, that said, I also take Aleve before the round, and my wife, (who has a Doctorate in Pharmacy) tells me that the copper does nothing.  I would argue that Golf is as much a mental game as anything- and if I think the copper works, then it works.  But it cant hurt! 

That's how I feel about the Phiten stuff, it's not copper but Titanium. I'm not sure there's any medical proof behind it, but it makes my wrist pain go away somehow. Whether or not that is placebo, I'm feeling better and that's all I care about :)

• Like 2

I'll spare you all photo's. :D

That's no fun. I can eat a meal after seeing someones guts or other grewsone stuff, being a medic has its advantages lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Now, that said, I also take Aleve before the round, and my wife, (who has a Doctorate in Pharmacy) tells me that the copper does nothing. I would argue that Golf is as much a mental game as anything- and if I think the copper works, then it works. But it cant hurt!

I believe certain products help people play. With years fighting a broken knee and the VA I can say braces worked for me. Never tried the copper stuff

• Like 2

Went to there website and did the weight bearing test with and without tape - looks like I am the perfect candidate for one of these! Placed my order from Amazon and it should be here Tuesday.

Thank you for posting it!

Got mine yesterday. So far so good but I wouldn't call it night and day. Then again, it wasn't super bad to begin with. The website said 4-12 weeks of continuous wear will get you back to good as new. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Got mine yesterday. So far so good but I wouldn't call it night and day. Then again, it wasn't super bad to begin with. The website said 4-12 weeks of continuous wear will get you back to good as new. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

It's been two weeks for me and it's incredible how much progress I've made. Such a great little device
  • Like 1