Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

hckymeyer

I did not have a great week, but here are the results......

attachicon.giffile-34D1FCEB-B2CD-4656-8D02-41FABFB7FD35-4502-000002B4BE9E4BA0.png

attachicon.giffile-CB9C389D-05C4-454D-B089-38F2EF3E209C-4502-000002B4BB715CD1.png

attachicon.giffile-32AA49CA-7A36-4DE4-BB6F-B6069F38200E-4538-000002B8A021DF7D.png

Been fighting right shoulder pain for the past several weeks affecting my swing. However, I had a terrific round last S7 day, shooting my best round for the year, 80, hitting 11/14 Fairways. Yesterday's round of 89 had only 7/14 Fairways, so my combined FIR% is 64.3%.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Looking great Foz yeah 64 percent is pretty good I think were you using mostly driver or something else off the tee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not have a great week, but here are the results......

attachicon.giffile-34D1FCEB-B2CD-4656-8D02-41FABFB7FD35-4502-000002B4BE9E4BA0.png

attachicon.giffile-CB9C389D-05C4-454D-B089-38F2EF3E209C-4502-000002B4BB715CD1.png

attachicon.giffile-32AA49CA-7A36-4DE4-BB6F-B6069F38200E-4538-000002B8A021DF7D.png

Been fighting right shoulder pain for the past several weeks affecting my swing. However, I had a terrific round last S7 day, shooting my best round for the year, 80, hitting 11/14 Fairways. Yesterday's round of 89 had only 7/14 Fairways, so my combined FIR% is 64.3%.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Dang 64% awesome Foz

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looking great Foz yeah 64 percent is pretty good I think were you using mostly driver or something else off the tee.

Thanks GeekingGolf, I only used the Driver or 3 Wood for this challenge.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ok team, the Driver and 3 wood. The other boys have done a great job on highlighting Cobra's marketing strategy and performance claims. Will it prove correct? Well, there's 7 more weeks to find out!

I will just jump straight into my thoughts on the clubs and give my initial assessment.

When I was announced as one of the testers, I got straight on the world wide web and began watching/reading reviews, blogs/vlogs etc. I wanted to know what I would be gaming and what to prepare for.

My old driver was an R11s with a shaft that I shouldn't have been using. But with a young family and living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, justifying a $X shaft upgrade to the missus wasn't gonna happen! So, I just stuck it out. Some days I couldn't do a thing wrong, others… well… I nearly gave the game up!

Bad swing after bad swing was frustrating – it wasn't necessarily the club/shaft, but I am sure at times it contributed.

I was obviously chomping at the bit to get fitted and submit to Cobra. I headed to the local Golftown where a mate of mine hooked me up with using the sim to “get fit”. Thank god Dan (golfspyMBP) was there because I didn't exactly receive a fitting. Technically, it's $90 to have a proper fitting. I'm so broke that I owe myself money!!

Started with the F8 head but as it is very draw bias, we moved quickly to the F8+. We started off with the Tensei – in a 50! Wow was that bad. Then we went to a 60…. Ugh… this wasn't looking good… Then MBP spotted some HZRDUS Yellow; “YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE!!”

BOOM! Winner, winner fairway splitting bombs for dinner.

attachicon.gifIMG_E3383.JPG

Time was getting away from us so we agreed to add it into the 3 wood in the F8+ head too. Took two swings with the 3 hybrid – smoked em – and we called it a day.

Not exactly the best fitting you will ever see, but, I walked out head high, excited to get under way.

Once they arrived, they sat in my garage for quite the number of weeks. It sure was tough to not take them out and start bangin balls! Patience…..

Let's skip forward to the first day using the new woods….

First official drive:

Yeah. That will work!

attachicon.gifcg22.JPG

Second:

More of this, please!

attachicon.gifcg25.JPG

First 3 wood – Yikes… snap hooksy into the shitsky!

attachicon.gifcg23.JPG

Second:

Not much better

attachicon.gifcg27.JPG

Annndddd boom goes the dynamite – all carry too. Not much roll this time of the year!

My previous 3 wood was the Rocketballz Stage II TP - Man was it a weapon. Ball left a vapor trail comin off that sucker! I had the F8+ at 13.5. Too strong, so i have moved it to 14.5 - Liking it there.

attachicon.gifcg24.JPG

My analysis to this point (without sharing overall stats and "HC developments") is that I have been a little inconsistent and actually found that I have developed a push/fade… which I have not had for YEARS! My typical miss is left (hard left) so it has made it a little interesting out there for me.

So, today, I dialed the driver to 9.5 DRAW setting. Had it previously on 9.5* STANDARD. Keeping the 3 wood where it is for now.

attachicon.gifcg26.JPG

Instant success. While I still missed my fair share of fairways, I poked a couple out over 325 and the ball flight was splendid! Great to finally get some roll!!! I will get some range sessions in this week just to makes sure it's the right move but as far as today went… Shot a 73 and had plenty of looks at bird.

That's all I have in me for tonight!

Joyzee10

Holy mother you are a destroyer of dreams with that driver in your hand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Dang 64% awesome Foz

Seconded. 64% is solid for driver and 3 wood

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Hmm 535..?

Edit: apologies everyone for my multiple posts in a row. Trying to catch up. Haven't been around my phone much since Friday.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Some good solid numbers so far boys, Joyzee10 hitting it off the planet and Foz the fairway magnet!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

It's not pretty, but here it is. One round, four of thirteen fairways. It is what it is.

score.JPG

driving-percentage.JPG

round.JPG

We'll get 'em next time.

What's in the bag:
Driver - TaylorMade Qi10 - Mitsubishi Diamana 60g (S)
3 Wood  - Callaway OG Big Bertha - RCH 90 (Firm)
5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD (L)
Driving Iron - New Level NLU-01
5i - PW - Wilson Staff D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - Cleveland CBX
58* - Cleveland CBX Full Face 2
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Bag - Sun Mountain 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I was only able to eke out a 9 hole league round this week.  Started on hole 8, a par 5.  Nothing like having a push drive on my first hole and miss the fairway for this week's challenge, lol.  Didn't score well this week, but there's always next week.

stat2.jpg

stat1.jpg

stat3.jpg

Also, I had some issues with Arccos.  It recorded my first two holes then promptly quit working.  Reinitialized it and it didn't continue the previous round so it started a new round.  It stopped again and I had to reinitialize the app a third time where it finally recorded the last seven holes of my league round.  I had to manually recreate  the last two holes on the third arccos round so I would have a complete 9.

EDIT:  Guys, just want to make sure this was right and not mis-lead anyone.  It was pointed out by my playing partner that arccos didn't properly record the fairways hit.  Not sure what happened but the correct number of fairways hit is 3/7...NOT 5/7 for a % hit of  42.8%. I was definitely having Arccos issues.  Sorry all.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

Well HardcoreLooper at least you know what your miss is looks like left do you normally aim down the middle or right side of fairway? Is this your typical miss I know I am asking lots of questions just really interested in if it's the clubs maybe adjustment to the clubs or if it's just normal for your swing. Those Cobras are sweet looking.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Let's go through the high/lowlights of my most recent round:

First hole - out of the car, pay my greens fee and head straight to the tee with no warmup. This is the second time in a row I've played this course and topped my tee shot on one.

Fourth hole - tees way up, and I put a four iron in the front bunker, where I proceed to take two to get out. Yes, they're concrete, but still...

Fifth hole - completely block myself out from the tee, and all I can do is punch out. Then sand wedge to a couple feet for a kick-in.

Sixth hole - I'm snap hooking everything off the tee and starting to lose all faith in humanity. But I figure I should be able to get a decent three wood past the bunkers. Instead, it's an ugly snap hook into the bunker. But a nicely thinned sandwedge out of the bunker to a foot helps me steal a birdie.

Seventh hole - Maybe I should aim at the bunkers

Eighth hole - I finally hit a fairway!

Sixteenth hole - I finally play a decent hole. With plenty of room on the right, I was able to start the snap hook well right of the fairway and bring it back into play. It hit a downslope and really took off for me. I actually didn't hit the six perfectly, but it was good enough to give me a putt.

Seventeenth hole - This time, I hit the six iron perfectly. Maybe a little too perfectly. It carried a little past the back of the green, hit a downslope and took off. I need to trust these new yardages (and I need to remember that over the green is death on this hole).

A very scruffy 77 on a fairly easy par 70 course with four (count 'em, four!) fairways hit. Not what I needed this week. I benched the driver, as I still haven't figured it out, and with yesterday's snap hook swing, I can only imagine what I would have done with it. Once I realized what I had to play with for the day, I was at least able to keep the three wood on the golf course and put together some semblance of a round. Looks like I need some range time when the monsoons here in central VA come to an end.

I'd take a 77 anytime :) ..just for reference, my last league round was a 50 on a PAR 36 9 hole round :(

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

Loving the inclusion of the hole pics with distances guys. It really helps us visualize how the clubs are performing for you. Keep it up!

I'll start to include a few hole pics for comic relief... :D

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

I was only able to eke out a 9 hole league round this week. Started on hole 8, a par 5. Nothing like having a push drive on my first hole and miss the fairway for this week's challenge, lol. Didn't score well this week, but there's always next week.

attachicon.gifstat2.jpg

attachicon.gifstat1.jpg

attachicon.gifstat3.jpg

I only hit 5/7 fairways for a 71.4% rate. Also, I had some issues with Arccos. It recorded my first two holes then promptly quit working. Reinitialized it and it didn't continue the previous round so it started a new round. It stopped again and I had to reinitialize the app a third time where it finally recorded the last seven holes of my league round. I had to manually recreate the last two holes on the third arccos round so I would have a complete 9.

MDGolfHacker

5 of 7 yea you win. What the heck I need a new driver if its gonna give you fairway numbers like that lol

Let's go through the high/lowlights of my most recent round:

First hole - out of the car, pay my greens fee and head straight to the tee with no warmup. This is the second time in a row I've played this course and topped my tee shot on one.

Fourth hole - tees way up, and I put a four iron in the front bunker, where I proceed to take two to get out. Yes, they're concrete, but still...

Fifth hole - completely block myself out from the tee, and all I can do is punch out. Then sand wedge to a couple feet for a kick-in.

Sixth hole - I'm snap hooking everything off the tee and starting to lose all faith in humanity. But I figure I should be able to get a decent three wood past the bunkers. Instead, it's an ugly snap hook into the bunker. But a nicely thinned sandwedge out of the bunker to a foot helps me steal a birdie.

Seventh hole - Maybe I should aim at the bunkers

Eighth hole - I finally hit a fairway!

Sixteenth hole - I finally play a decent hole. With plenty of room on the right, I was able to start the snap hook well right of the fairway and bring it back into play. It hit a downslope and really took off for me. I actually didn't hit the six perfectly, but it was good enough to give me a putt.

Seventeenth hole - This time, I hit the six iron perfectly. Maybe a little too perfectly. It carried a little past the back of the green, hit a downslope and took off. I need to trust these new yardages (and I need to remember that over the green is death on this hole).

A very scruffy 77 on a fairly easy par 70 course with four (count 'em, four!) fairways hit. Not what I needed this week. I benched the driver, as I still haven't figured it out, and with yesterday's snap hook swing, I can only imagine what I would have done with it. Once I realized what I had to play with for the day, I was at least able to keep the three wood on the golf course and put together some semblance of a round. Looks like I need some range time when the monsoons here in central VA come to an end.

A couple years back I had the snap hooks something fierce. Went and grabbed a couple of lessons. He had me really work on sliding the hands straight back - I know when I am going to snap it as I roll my wrists immediately on takeaway and if any of you know “Ozzy man reviews” it's a one way ticket to destination F'd!!

That was part one. Part two he had me swing as though I wanted to hit a biiiiig slice. Bang. Piped it. Continued on with those pieces of advice and the hooks went away.

What settings are you running right now?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

snohomish1.PNG

Snohomish.PNG

I hope this works.. I had some issues trying this... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Did you guys have any issues with arccos thinking it's the rough when it's actually the fairway? And can you edit and change it without issues? Just curious how accurate it is from round to round and how much post round editing is necessary?

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Did you guys have any issues with arccos thinking it's the rough when it's actually the fairway? And can you edit and change it without issues? Just curious how accurate it is from round to round and how much post round editing is necessary?

When right on the edge, it's hit and miss. Easy enough to change it if needed. But when down the middle, no worries.

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

When right on the edge, it's hit and miss. Easy enough to change it if needed. But when down the middle, no worries.

Good to know. Do you check it after each hole? I'd be worried I'd forget. I guess it doesn't matter too much if it's right most of the time though...I just like to know my stats. [emoji16]

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Good to know. Do you check it after each hole? I'd be worried I'd forget. I guess it doesn't matter too much if it's right most of the time though...I just like to know my stats. [emoji16]

Depends on how we are playing. If it's flowing, I leave it and check after. If we have some time, I will adjust. Same as flag positions. Ideally you mark them as you go but doesn't always work that way. I'll pace them off and adjust also if I can't do it at the time.

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Well HardcoreLooper at least you know what your miss is looks like left do you normally aim down the middle or right side of fairway? Is this your typical miss I know I am asking lots of questions just really interested in if it's the clubs maybe adjustment to the clubs or if it's just normal for your swing. Those Cobras are sweet looking.

I normally aim at the right edge of the fairway for ~15 yard draw. I had a 30 yard hook going the other night, so I had to aim well out into the right rough. That one really good one I hit on 16 might have hooked more than 30 yards.

My typical miss is either the snap hook or the block right - both caused by coming at the ball from too far inside. It's just a matter of where the club face is pointed.

I'd take a 77 anytime :) ..just for reference, my last league round was a 50 on a PAR 36 9 hole round :(

MDGolfHacker

Oh, I'm not complaining about the score. But as you saw, I scrambled like a MF.

A couple years back I had the snap hooks something fierce. Went and grabbed a couple of lessons. He had me really work on sliding the hands straight back - I know when I am going to snap it as I roll my wrists immediately on takeaway and if any of you know “Ozzy man reviews” it's a one way ticket to destination F'd!!

That was part one. Part two he had me swing as though I wanted to hit a biiiiig slice. Bang. Piped it. Continued on with those pieces of advice and the hooks went away.

Yep. I know I'm dragging the handle too far inside. I can hear my old teacher's voice now, telling me to take it back wiiiiide.

I need to set up camp on the far right side of the range and try to hit cuts. That usually helps.

What settings are you running right now?

All those snap hooks the other night were with three woods. I didn't even bother with the driver. Right now I have it set with the heavier weight in the back, but I'm losing the driver right. I think the shaft (Aldila Blue NV 60 - S flex) is wrong for me. I know there's no comparison across shafts (my R11 had the stock Fujikura Blur R flex), but I just get the feeling that this one is wrong for me. If I can't get this right soon, I may go seek professional help. It's distressing, because the F8 is a sexy beast. But at the rate it's going, it will be in my daughter's bag full time. She likes how she hits it.

I was nice to Arccos in my round and missed most of my fairways by large margins. I did hit the edge of one, and it recorded it correctly. I have to admit, other than this round, I have not paid much attention to fairways hit/missed.

I spend about 10-15 minutes after each round making corrections. Mostly setting the length of first putt.

I try not to, unless it's just unbearably slow. I'd rather stay in the moment. On my card, I mark down the number of putts and the length of first putt. And this week, I marked whether or not I hit the fairway.

What's in the bag:
52* - Cleveland CBX
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I know when I was using the LinxGT it wasn't always right heck even the 18birdies app is wrong but its GPS so it isn't fool proof. According to GPS.gov smartphones are accurate up to 16ft in open sky so they could really be inaccurate if you are on the edge. I would like to hear from the guys if you can edit post round or also does it say you hit or missed at the time of the shot?

Bryson DeChambeau

5 of 7 yea you win. What the heck I need a new driver if its gonna give you fairway numbers like that lol

Just for clarification, there was a snafu in arccos..I actually only hit 3 of 7 fairways. Doing some analysis to figure out what went wrong.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Just for clarification, there was a snafu in arccos..I actually only hit 3 of 7 fairways. Doing some analysis to figure out what went wrong.

MDGolfHacker

Hmm let us know what happened when you figure it out. How exactly did you notice it was wrong? Post round review?

RH:

#cobraconnect19

todays round was not as stellar a day as last Sunday at Snohomish.. But still decent. hit 9 fairways, and had a long of 290, with 5 being a driven green and 6 being 3 yards off the green.. with a 239 avg. But some of those shots were not with the driver. On the front 9 the driver was absolutely Money, on the back not so much.... or was that just me and the Coronas... not sure.. LOL

Blueheron.PNG

Blue Heron scorecard.PNG

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I know when I was using the LinxGT it wasn't always right heck even the 18birdies app is wrong but its GPS so it isn't fool proof. According to GPS.gov smartphones are accurate up to 16ft in open sky so they could really be inaccurate if you are on the edge. I would like to hear from the guys if you can edit post round or also does it say you hit or missed at the time of the shot?

You can definitely edit post-round. I try to avoid playing with my phone during the round unless I'm playing by myself and it's really slow. I personally prefer editing on my laptop or my Android (bigger screen).

I wish Arccos would license Sky Caddie's maps rather than using Google/Apple maps. The resolution is just not that great when you zoom in. I don't expect Sky to license away the keys to the kingdom, but they have great maps while Arccos has a great tracking solution.

What's in the bag:
52* - Cleveland CBX
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

SUNDAY ANNOUNCEMENT - WEEK 3

Throughout this season, we've set up the challenges to be as even as possible. We want guys to have a chance to succeed whether they play 9 or 90 holes during the week and weight it according to baseline handicaps. Each Sunday night at approximately 6PM EST, we'll be announcing the results from the previous week as well as the new challenge for competitors AND forum members for the upcoming week.

Week 2 Results:

Competitors: FIR%

Here's the final rankings with a running total

Picture4.jpg

Forum Members: Trivia Question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboZctrHfK8&feature=youtu.be

Hope you all enjoyed the scavenger hunt of sorts. We actually do have a correct answer and it was posted with the quick draw by GeekingGolf. Here's your winning formula:

(5x8) + 59 + (17+10) + (120/3) + 329 - 22 + 42 = 515

Kudos to those that understood the movie reference. Joe, enjoy the new Puma gear!

WEEK 3 CHALLENGES

Competitors: GIR%

Not quite as easy peasy lemon squeezie, these guys will be shooting at greens. Get yourselves in position and listen to your caddie! In addition to the ongoing contest, the competitors will be sharing their thoughts on the hybrids and irons this week as they shoot at the green.

Forum Members: Staff-Selected Member of the Thread

Time for some chatter huh? We'd like to hear some more questions, find out you're rooting for, who's been the most entertaining on SM, and while you're at it, talk some smack!. The winning forum member will be voted on by the MGS moderator team based on overall thread participation. Let's see what you people have got!

Let's have a great week!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You can definitely edit post-round. I try to avoid playing with my phone during the round unless I'm playing by myself and it's really slow. I personally prefer editing on my laptop or my Android (bigger screen).

I wish Arccos would license Sky Caddie's maps rather than using Google/Apple maps. The resolution is just not that great when you zoom in. I don't expect Sky to license away the keys to the kingdom, but they have great maps while Arccos has a great tracking solution.

Agreed! Was one of the points I brought up early in the piece. It's very poor resolution and hard to work with as far as that function.

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Hmmmm GIR, hard to call. I think this week Joyzee10 with his extra length may have an advantage.

As for last week's result, awesome work Foz. Thought your consistency would shine through.

Now, hardcorelooper, I like how you're playing possum and lulling the others into a false sense of security.

Reese, you are starting to look like steady Eddie. Improvement like that will get you the big victory in the end.

MD, all I have to say to you is... come on lefty, let's win this!!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Now this is going to be a tough one! GIR% is difficult at best, especially when I am short off the tee. Will be working on driver distance so I can get the GIR! Maybe I'll be testing some different balls this week. Lately I have had quite a few approaches just off the back of the green. Is it because the irons are bumped up 1* from the Cobra F6?

Tune in for the #CobraCONNECT Challenge this week.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Congratulations GeekingGolf...I screwed my math up somewhere.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived