Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

I have a question primarily for the guys in a similar handicap range as I, but I would certainly like to hear from all of you (sorry if it has been addressed before):

How do you use the Arccos data in determining where you need to improve? Have you really learned anything that you didn't already intuitively know? In general, I am wild off the tee and score best when my miss is one-sided - not shocking. Last week I was spraying everywhere off the tee but scrambled really well for me. None of the stats in 18 Birdies capture that (IMO it is because it doesn't really handle "recovery" shots very well). Putting stats are also misleading because they are a reflection of iron play and chipping - my worst putting days are those where I have more GIR with long first putts. I'm hoping that Arccos, being more advanced, addresses some of the statistical short-comings.

I am also interested in whether you guys used to really pay much attention to stats prior this challenge and, if so, how? Another app?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

So I thought you could mark a shot as a positional shot? are there just no stats around how well you did with it? Hole / Course History would be a cool feature as well, these are well thought out. If these features get pushed live, its gonna be really difficult not to purchase arccos.

It's a feature in Shot Scope but not Arccos. Shot Scope uses it more to determine your smart distance so it makes sense that it's not currently in Arccos since smart distance is automatically calculated.

Neither system handicaps your ability to manage the course.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yes my 225 yd 6 iron was a great shot, but it did cut the corner over the edge of the river. So it was still probably about 180yds.

As far as using the data, I have been so focused on not losing a slice way right that I have been losing more shots left then I expected so now I am aiming for a straight ball flight, or actually playing down the right side.. but practice has really been limited so far but yes I will be looking at shots and dispersion as I practice going forward now that I have a solid baseline to go by...

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

It's a feature in Shot Scope but not Arccos. Shot Scope uses it more to determine your smart distance so it makes sense that it's not currently in Arccos since smart distance is automatically calculated.

Neither system handicaps your ability to manage the course.

Dang your right, I've been reading too many reviews from the different systems. My bad, my bad...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

For the Caddie feature, does it take into account wind and/or weather at all, or is it just straight yardage and you have to add in weather?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I was only able to eke out a 9 hole league round this week.  Started on hole 8, a par 5.  Nothing like having a push drive on my first hole and miss the fairway for this week's challenge, lol.  Didn't score well this week, but there's always next week.

attachicon.gifstat2.jpg

attachicon.gifstat1.jpg

attachicon.gifstat3.jpg

Also, I had some issues with Arccos.  It recorded my first two holes then promptly quit working.  Reinitialized it and it didn't continue the previous round so it started a new round.  It stopped again and I had to reinitialize the app a third time where it finally recorded the last seven holes of my league round.  I had to manually recreate  the last two holes on the third arccos round so I would have a complete 9.

EDIT:  Guys, just want to make sure this was right and not mis-lead anyone.  It was pointed out by my playing partner that arccos didn't properly record the fairways hit.  Not sure what happened but the correct number of fairways hit is 3/7...NOT 5/7 for a % hit of  42.8%. I was definitely having Arccos issues.  Sorry all.

MDGolfHacker

this is very interesting to find out.

I wonder if this will happen again or a one of instance.

I hope all issues are reported by the testers. would love to hear the bad with the good.

thanks all. so much to read

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

There are some great questions getting thrown around in here, team! Love it. I have a lot of input, but I won't be able to sit down and pump it out for another day or so. I have some feedback for you all on the irons and once completed, I will post that also. 

Dave threw up his current F8 stats - So I will follow suit and show you the improvements I have seen thus far - 2 of the biggest correlate to the irons. 

Pre - F8s

cg18.JPG

Current..... #F8sgettinitdone

cg32.JPG

As mentioned, will post iron "review" this week. Chat soon!! 

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

There are some great questions getting thrown around in here, team! Love it. I have a lot of input, but I won't be able to sit down and pump it out for another day or so. I have some feedback for you all on the irons and once completed, I will post that also.

Dave threw up his current F8 stats - So I will follow suit and show you the improvements I have seen thus far - 2 of the biggest correlate to the irons.

Pre - F8s

attachicon.gifcg18.JPG

Current..... #F8sgettinitdone

attachicon.gifcg32.JPG

As mentioned, will post iron "review" this week. Chat soon!!

I may be in the minority here but can you explain the numbers. I love it just want to know exactly what I am looking at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Sorry for just now jumping into this thread, but I was able to catch up on all the posts to ask a few questions of my own. Great job so far with everything guys!! Hope you're ready for the list!!

• How do the set wedges compare to normal wedges? Are you able to get the same type of spin and performance?
    • Sorry I love wedge testing, so I'm always curious!
  • Has anyone made any adjustments to their clubs either to complete the challenge, or just to get better performance? If you adjusted loft on the woods, how quickly did it change your averages?
  • How do you feel about the grips? Do you want more options in grip selections?
  • Do you feel that you could perform better with your old clubs for these challenges?
  • Are you playing any new courses during this, or are you sticking to the ones you know? I know Joyzee played a few new ones.
  • Are any of you going through coaching or swing changes right now?
  • Were any of the courses you went to play not loaded into Arccos?
  • Is there a challenge that you really want to see?

- The Wedges are very high quality. They are much like blades. As my baselines were Cobra F6 with very well made Wedges. So far the main difference is the F6's only had PW/GW/SW The F8's have PW/GW/SW/LW. The GW is 49* and is my 40-50 yd half wedge or 90 yd full shot. The SW is 54* and is a great chipping tool or full shot at 75-80 yds. The LW is 58* and is my sand wedge.

- I have not made any adjustments to the Driver, 3-4 or 5-6 Woods. The driver is 10.5* Neutral; 3-4 Wood is 14.5* Neutral & 5-6 Wood is 18.5* Neutral. With my current setup, I don't see any reason to adjust.

- I like the Lamkin grips. I have Cadet medium hands so don't need any options such as midsize or different brands. The Arccos sensors are nicely implanted in the grips and do not cause any issues holding the clubs.

- I am performing better with the new Cobra F8's over my baseline Cobra F6's

- I am always playing new courses, such as a top 100 World Woods Rolling Oaks this week. I also played a new course while in KY last month.

- I have not had any coaching or swing changes.

- All courses have been in Arccos ....so far, no issues finding a course.

- I welcome all the challenges as they help us to highlight the new clubs abilities.

I hope this answers your questions........

Here is my Baseline Stats using the Cobra F6's

Image1532484145.073414.jpg

Here is my Current Stats with the Cobra F8's

file-20DE6988-2763-4D8D-9659-F756B130C902-6503-00000426C11F4BA8.png

I think the F8's are a definite improvement.

I will try to post an iron review this week.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Looks like all of you are improving with the F8s in the bag. Do you put this down to the clubs or the extra practice and golf you are getting?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Looks like all of you are improving with the F8s in the bag. Do you put this down to the clubs or the extra practice and golf you are getting?

Gotta be the clubs as my golfing activities have not changed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Those are incredible numbers, whats even more impressive than doubling your GIR % from that distance is how much more on line you are, almost all of your misses are short a few yards but dead on. Crazy. I really love seeing this kind of data, I'm sure you don't mind seeing those stats either!

I'm definitely loving both the data and the results with the new clubs. 

How did you get the yardage did you go to the range or launch monitor to get them down or are you still figuring it out.

I'm very fortunate to have easy access to a Trackman. There are two at the facility where my daughter works. That gave me an early inkling as to how far I'd hit these clubs. But now that I have plenty of data in Arccos, I trust the distance data to be about 95% accurate. I think a few clubs may be a little off, but with more data it should get better.

With the new gains in distance are you seeing problems at the bottom end of your set with gapping?

The F8s are really three different clubs. The 4-6 are hollow, almost SGI clubs. The 7-PW are GI cavity backs. The wedges are practically blades, just a hint of cavity.

I'm not sure that Cobra has the transitions from one type of club to the other quite locked down yet.

6i - 201

7i - 175

PW - 141 (I think it's really 145 for a full PW; my numbers include some shots where I've choked up to take a little off of it)

GW - 124

I'm thinking about seeing a different fitter to have my specs checked and see if I should tweak lofts a little to close up the 6-7 and PW-GW gaps. I have gotten pretty good at choking up an inch or so on the PW to hit a 135 yard shot. I need to work on hitting a 185 yard shot with the 6.

Holy Bankruptcy Batman I need a new set of F8's like yesterday.

Even with the two big yardage gaps, I'm absolutely thrilled with the F8s.

How do you use the Arccos data in determining where you need to improve?

I may be in the minority here but can you explain the numbers. I love it just want to know exactly what I am looking at.

I'll answer these two with the same answer. I don't really care what the handicap numbers themselves are. I'm interested in trends. If I see a red arrow pointing up, I know that's what I need to work on, because that are of my game is getting worse. Otherwise, I try to work on the highest number (always Driving), because that seems to be where I can make the biggest improvement. I always knew my driving was pretty weak, but this hammers it home.

Putting stats are also misleading because they are a reflection of iron play and chipping - my worst putting days are those where I have more GIR with long first putts. I'm hoping that Arccos, being more advanced, addresses some of the statistical short-comings.

I think it does handle putting better than just counting putts. Your putting stats are very much impacted by proximity to the hole.

I am also interested in whether you guys used to really pay much attention to stats prior this challenge and, if so, how? Another app?

Yep. As evidenced by all the other ways I've kept stats in the past. Although, I've only been keeping stats for a couple of years.

For the Caddie feature, does it take into account wind and/or weather at all, or is it just straight yardage and you have to add in weather?

According to Arccos, yes. https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-golf-launches-next-generation-artificial-intelligence-platform-arccos-caddie-2-0-powered-by-microsoft-azure

But when you play in tournament mode, you don't get wind.

I still don't practice much, but I am making an effort to play even more. So that probably helps to some extent. But honestly, I think it's the clubs. I'm driving the ball longer with my three wood (my usual tee club) and I'm hitting shorter-shafted irons into greens. I don't seem to lose much distance with contact out towards the toe. These are extremely well-engineered clubs. The jury's still out on the driver, but it's getting there.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Ok I did some research. Sorry I just like to know what I am looking at and the geek in me wants to know what the numbers mean.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.57.59 AM.png

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

One thing about the F8's versus the F6's......the Loft of the F8's was jacked up 1* over the F6's. That will produce more yardage. That's also why you now have 4 Wedges...PW 44*/GW 49*/SW 54*/LW 58* as compared to the Cobra F6's...PW 45*/GW 50*/SW 55*

According to Cobras site, the different irons have different CG Profiles AND different grooves in the wedges for 4-7 and 8-pw. Can you guys actually feel the difference in a shot between, say the 7 and 8 iron? I assume the 8 is pretty spinny compared to the 7 or at least their marketing tells me it should be. Do you find yourself reaching for a hard 8 instead of a 7 just to get the spin and extra forgiveness out of it if you can? or is it not that noticeable? I'm just curious if this "CG" variation they are going after works. It's obvious that the distance part works up to this point.  ;)

Also along those same lines, if it is noticeable, it seems that I personally would rather have the 7 iron have the mid CG or cavity back and the bigger grooves. Could just be because I like a good 7 iron, but It's obvious given the extra 1* that distance isnt an issue so I'm curious if that thought has occured to you guys and why they didnt just use 4-6 as the powerbats. 

As always, Apologies if I'm spoiling the upcoming reviews... :D

RH:

#cobraconnect19

We've talked a lot about the clubs and for good reason, but what about the bags themselves?  I think we have 3 Cobra stand bags to 2 cart bags if I looked at the intros correctly.  What do you guys think about the Cobra bags compared to your old ones?  Any new features that you didn't have before?  Any things you wish were different?

Reesedw - You had the bag MGS rated as one of the top bags right?  How is it compared to the Ping?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

We've talked a lot about the clubs and for good reason, but what about the bags themselves? I think we have 3 Cobra stand bags to 2 cart bags if I looked at the intros correctly. What do you guys think about the Cobra bags compared to your old ones? Any new features that you didn't have before? Any things you wish were different?

Reesedw - You had the bag MGS rated as one of the top bags right? How is it compared to the Ping?

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the cart bag has been great....so far. Not sure how long the ultralightweight bag will last. It has one more front pocket than my UK bag and the umbrella slides into a slot on the side rather than bungled to the back. Terrific bag for sure.

file-A11A9ED7-6693-461F-99F1-B3365B49F7F7-15629-00000A9F101ED166.jpg

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

My moneys on Joyzee, the rest of you boys should just take a week off and rest up for the next challenge...

Question wise, has anyone become more accurate with the F8's over their old sticks? Im especially interested in changes in accuracy with the lower lofted irons (4,5,6), and you guys that went one length might still be adjusting so I'm not necessarily asking you, but still feel free to chime in, especially if you've got them figured out by now. 

My man! Well, I kicked it off with a 10/18 performance. Shot 1 over 72. The way I started out on the range and then the first 3 holes, I thought I was gonna shoot 72 over! Had a few just miss too. First time at this course in 7 years so it was basically new to me. Playing it again Friday.

Are you guys ready to see how My game has progressed since I started using the Cobra F8's.... Numbers Do not lie..

Do not forget that i am still using MY old putter... 

These are my numbers from when I got my Arccos for my old clubs til I put the Cobras in play.... 

attachicon.gifPre Cobra baseline..PNG

And these are the numbers for my Cobra F8 clubs..... 

attachicon.gifCobra after 1 month.PNG

How about some Cobra Love..... 

YEAH BOY! 

Sorry for just now jumping into this thread, but I was able to catch up on all the posts to ask a few questions of my own.  Great job so far with everything guys!!  Hope you're ready for the list!!

• How do the set wedges compare to normal wedges?  Are you able to get the same type of spin and performance?
    • Sorry I love wedge testing, so I'm always curious!
  • Has anyone made any adjustments to their clubs either to complete the challenge, or just to get better performance?  If you adjusted loft on the woods, how quickly did it change your averages?

• How do you feel about the grips?  Do you want more options in grip selections?

• Do you feel that you could perform better with your old clubs for these challenges?

• Are you playing any new courses during this, or are you sticking to the ones you know?  I know Joyzee played a few new ones.

• Are any of you going through coaching or swing changes right now?

• Were any of the courses you went to play not loaded into Arccos?

• Is there a challenge that you really want to see?

-The wedges have been a huge change for me. Before I had 52,56,60. I moved to 54,58 so there was some adjustments early on. I have found chipping and and play to be night and day. I am now scoring off my chips. Not blading and adding up the shots. 

-I recently moved the driver from neutral 9.5 to draw 9.5. I found I was fading/slicing randomly which was out of the norm for me! I dropped some bombs today. Par 5's aren't safe! Put one out at 348 today!! 348!! 

4/7 par 5's over my last 2 rounds have been eagle putts. My GIR % has jumped up big time. I will have to dig up official numbers. 

-No. The distances and feel is another level right now.

-I've played 2.

-Yes I would like some grip options. I don't mind these, but i absolutely loved the golf pride CP-2's

-Had a touch up lesson a few weeks back with a couple of mates. was nothing major. 

-Yes one a few months back. has since been added. 

-Longest drive..... ;)

Needed birdie to shoot par... was inbetween 8 and 9 iron coming in... tried to ease an 8 - lifted up a bit and bladed it. Ended up pretty tight to back of the bunker and i had to lumber jack it out.... So close.... ugh... 

cg35.JPG

How did you get the yardage did you go to the range or launch monitor to get them down or are you still figuring it out. With the new gains in distance are you seeing problems at the bottom end of your set with gapping?

Trial and error!!! I sent a lot long! 

Bit of both. I have played a lot lately and regularly. I am in a really good groove right now.

Ok I did some research. Sorry I just like to know what I am looking at and the geek in me wants to know what the numbers mean.

:)

According to Cobras site, the different irons have different CG Profiles AND different grooves in the wedges for 4-7 and 8-pw. Can you guys actually feel the difference in a shot between, say the 7 and 8 iron? I assume the 8 is pretty spinny compared to the 7 or at least their marketing tells me it should be. Do you find yourself reaching for a hard 8 instead of a 7 just to get the spin and extra forgiveness out of it if you can? or is it not that noticeable? I'm just curious if this "CG" variation they are going after works. It's obvious that the distance part works up to this point.  ;)

Also along those same lines, if it is noticeable, it seems that I personally would rather have the 7 iron have the mid CG or cavity back and the bigger grooves. Could just be because I like a good 7 iron, but It's obvious given the extra 1* that distance isnt an issue so I'm curious if that thought has occured to you guys and why they didnt just use 4-6 as the powerbats. 

As always, Apologies if I'm spoiling the upcoming reviews... :D

I have picked up substansial distance at the top of my bag. I was hitting 6 irons 210 today. Thats 20 longer than what I would have ever got before. I will go into more detail soon. 

We've talked a lot about the clubs and for good reason, but what about the bags themselves?  I think we have 3 Cobra stand bags to 2 cart bags if I looked at the intros correctly.  What do you guys think about the Cobra bags compared to your old ones?  Any new features that you didn't have before?  Any things you wish were different?

Reesedw - You had the bag MGS rated as one of the top bags right?  How is it compared to the Ping?

I find the bag so-so really. I had the SLDR bag before and it was more roomy. THis bag while being very light, is very tight for clubs and the "easy fold" bottom can be a bit of a pain when trying to slide a club back in. I also notice that the legs on mine really hang down and flap around a bit - Anyone else?? 

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Joyzee10 off to a great start!!

How accurate is the Arccos system at picking up the " positional" shots?

Do any of you wish there was a manual option to be able to fix the shots it misses?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

My man! Well, I kicked it off with a 10/18 performance. Shot 1 over 72. The way I started out on the range and then the first 3 holes, I thought I was gonna shoot 72 over! Had a few just miss too. First time at this course in 7 years so it was basically new to me. Playing it again Friday.

Danggggg, I knew I picked the right guy.  :D

RH:

#cobraconnect19

The best improvement you guys have made is the use of the multiquote function

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That is the truth

Bryson DeChambeau

Ok so I am even more jealous now that I went and hit the F8 fairway wood today wow I cant believe you spies have a full bag of this amazing gear. I mean we dialed this 3 wood in at 16 degrees and boom 10 shots carry 232 roll to 252 and no more that 7 yards off line each shot. What is this voodoo? Were these clubs sent down by the golf gods themselves?

Bryson DeChambeau

The best improvement you guys have made is the use of the multiquote function

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

haha yep! I usually respond on my phone but have begun using the multi quote on desktop. Quite simple really lol

Ok so I am even more jealous now that I went and hit the F8 fairway wood today wow I cant believe you spies have a full bag of this amazing gear. I mean we dialed this 3 wood in at 16 degrees and boom 10 shots carry 232 roll to 252 and no more that 7 yards off line each shot. What is this voodoo? Were these clubs sent down by the golf gods themselves?

Nice! Did you pull the trigger?!?!

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

haha yep! I usually respond on my phone but have begun using the multi quote on desktop. Quite simple really lol

Nice! Did you pull the trigger?!?!

No gosh man really hard for me to justify it with kids needing school clothes and supplies gotta be responsible gonna wait till that stuff is done then I'm going to get it

Bryson DeChambeau

No gosh man really hard for me to justify it with kids needing school clothes and supplies gotta be responsible gonna wait till that stuff is done then I'm going to get it

I hear ya. Hence why my previous gear was old! Kids soak up the money!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Tied my 18 hole personal best tonight (+3, 74). Details to come...

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yessssss I knew it you da man cant wait to hear the details

Bryson DeChambeau

AS far as making adjustments to the clubs, are you referring to adjusting for optimal performace? Yes I have, with the driver I started in the 9.5* draw setting and HOLY cow it was more of a hook for me.. But I noticed across the board that the Cobra F8's, FOR ME are more draw biased. I was playing Wilson D300 irons and I had a slight fade, very slight.. And my Ping G 30 LST was a little all over the place.. SO i had to adjust the F8+ to a standard 9.5* and very straight.. I have adjusted it up to 10.5 and down to 8.5 and just felt most comfortable at 9.5..

The 3 wd I set it at 15* and Nutted one out to 253 off the deck.. it's set... Across the board and I think All of us will agree, these clubs are fantastic. the wedges are like throwing darts,WHEN hit well, go and stick.. 

For me the irons have a slightly different weight feel to them, which is ok, just taking a few round t get comfortable. As far as the progressive construction, Full hollow, cavity back, and wedge, work great just not really noticeable. These clubs are sharp to look at, in the bag they look outstanding.. 

The Bag.. I am coming from a Ping Traverse, MGS highly rated, which is an outstanding bag.. I got the Cobra ultralight Cart bag, and I know I have been missing some options from the top of the line cart bags, but Not any more.. It is bad when you are losing things in your bag cause you forgot what pocket they are in.. I love the bag. Prior to the Ping i had a decent Power Bilt bag so the Ping was a nice step up and now the cobra is even better.. My father in law has a OLD Sun mountian C130 and my best friend has a newer C130, and hey both were loving the Cobra bag.. 

SO yeah all in all I am very pleased with everything, Now if my hdcp keeps going down, I'm set.... 

Heres to JOYZEE representing the west coast with a 348... BOOM baby.:P

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

YEAH BOY! 

-The wedges have been a huge change for me. Before I had 52,56,60. I moved to 54,58 so there was some adjustments early on. I have found chipping and and play to be night and day. I am now scoring off my chips. Not blading and adding up the shots. 

-I recently moved the driver from neutral 9.5 to draw 9.5. I found I was fading/slicing randomly which was out of the norm for me! I dropped some bombs today. Par 5's aren't safe! Put one out at 348 today!! 348!! 

4/7 par 5's over my last 2 rounds have been eagle putts. My GIR % has jumped up big time. I will have to dig up official numbers. 

-No. The distances and feel is another level right now.

-I've played 2.

-Yes I would like some grip options. I don't mind these, but i absolutely loved the golf pride CP-2's

-Had a touch up lesson a few weeks back with a couple of mates. was nothing major. 

-Yes one a few months back. has since been added. 

-Longest drive..... ;)

Needed birdie to shoot par... was inbetween 8 and 9 iron coming in... tried to ease an 8 - lifted up a bit and bladed it. Ended up pretty tight to back of the bunker and i had to lumber jack it out.... So close.... ugh... 

attachicon.gifcg35.JPG

Trial and error!!! I sent a lot long! 

Bit of both. I have played a lot lately and regularly. I am in a really good groove right now.

:)

I have picked up substansial distance at the top of my bag. I was hitting 6 irons 210 today. Thats 20 longer than what I would have ever got before. I will go into more detail soon. 

I find the bag so-so really. I had the SLDR bag before and it was more roomy. THis bag while being very light, is very tight for clubs and the "easy fold" bottom can be a bit of a pain when trying to slide a club back in. I also notice that the legs on mine really hang down and flap around a bit - Anyone else?? 

Joyzee, am i reading your graph correctly - you shot an 8i 195 yards?

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut