Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

OFFICIAL #CobraCONNECT CHALLENGE 2018

My man! Well, I kicked it off with a 10/18 performance. Shot 1 over 72. The way I started out on the range and then the first 3 holes, I thought I was gonna shoot 72 over! Had a few just miss too. First time at this course in 7 years so it was basically new to me. Playing it again Friday.

YEAH BOY!

-The wedges have been a huge change for me. Before I had 52,56,60. I moved to 54,58 so there was some adjustments early on. I have found chipping and and play to be night and day. I am now scoring off my chips. Not blading and adding up the shots.

-I recently moved the driver from neutral 9.5 to draw 9.5. I found I was fading/slicing randomly which was out of the norm for me! I dropped some bombs today. Par 5's aren't safe! Put one out at 348 today!! 348!!

4/7 par 5's over my last 2 rounds have been eagle putts. My GIR % has jumped up big time. I will have to dig up official numbers.

-No. The distances and feel is another level right now.

-I've played 2.

-Yes I would like some grip options. I don't mind these, but i absolutely loved the golf pride CP-2's

-Had a touch up lesson a few weeks back with a couple of mates. was nothing major.

-Yes one a few months back. has since been added.

-Longest drive..... ;)

Needed birdie to shoot par... was inbetween 8 and 9 iron coming in... tried to ease an 8 - lifted up a bit and bladed it. Ended up pretty tight to back of the bunker and i had to lumber jack it out.... So close.... ugh...

attachicon.gifcg35.JPG

Trial and error!!! I sent a lot long!

Bit of both. I have played a lot lately and regularly. I am in a really good groove right now.

:)

I have picked up substansial distance at the top of my bag. I was hitting 6 irons 210 today. Thats 20 longer than what I would have ever got before. I will go into more detail soon.

I find the bag so-so really. I had the SLDR bag before and it was more roomy. THis bag while being very light, is very tight for clubs and the "easy fold" bottom can be a bit of a pain when trying to slide a club back in. I also notice that the legs on mine really hang down and flap around a bit - Anyone else??

Joyzee, am i reading your graph correctly - you shot an 8i 195 yards?

Yes it was a 195 8 iron... but it was VERY thin!! I had 175ish pin, slight wind in from behind/right. It was a hot day and the ball had been flying so I consider a hard 9... tried to play the conservative route and hit easy 8. Lifted up on it and away she went.

Sad part is after we finished, the next group coming in landed one close to the pin and the ball bounced a mile. A 9 to the front edge may have made it up to the flag. Playing there again tomorrow... hopefully I'll be in a similar scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

AS far as making adjustments to the clubs, are you referring to adjusting for optimal performace? Yes I have, with the driver I started in the 9.5* draw setting and HOLY cow it was more of a hook for me.. But I noticed across the board that the Cobra F8's, FOR ME are more draw biased. I was playing Wilson D300 irons and I had a slight fade, very slight.. And my Ping G 30 LST was a little all over the place.. SO i had to adjust the F8+ to a standard 9.5* and very straight.. I have adjusted it up to 10.5 and down to 8.5 and just felt most comfortable at 9.5..

The 3 wd I set it at 15* and Nutted one out to 253 off the deck.. it's set... Across the board and I think All of us will agree, these clubs are fantastic. the wedges are like throwing darts,WHEN hit well, go and stick..

For me the irons have a slightly different weight feel to them, which is ok, just taking a few round t get comfortable. As far as the progressive construction, Full hollow, cavity back, and wedge, work great just not really noticeable. These clubs are sharp to look at, in the bag they look outstanding..

The Bag.. I am coming from a Ping Traverse, MGS highly rated, which is an outstanding bag.. I got the Cobra ultralight Cart bag, and I know I have been missing some options from the top of the line cart bags, but Not any more.. It is bad when you are losing things in your bag cause you forgot what pocket they are in.. I love the bag. Prior to the Ping i had a decent Power Bilt bag so the Ping was a nice step up and now the cobra is even better.. My father in law has a OLD Sun mountian C130 and my best friend has a newer C130, and hey both were loving the Cobra bag..

SO yeah all in all I am very pleased with everything, Now if my hdcp keeps going down, I'm set....

Heres to JOYZEE representing the west coast with a 348... BOOM baby.. :P

Thanks man!

#westcoastisdabestcoast

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Yes it was a 195 8 iron... 

The anticipation for the iron reviews is killing me now, show me that 250 yard 4 iron shot already Joyzee. Pretty please.  ;)

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

The anticipation for the iron reviews is killing me now, show me that 250 yard 4 iron shot already Joyzee. Pretty please.  ;)

It went down the cart path, nothing to write home about.  B)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It went down the cart path, nothing to write home about.  B)

Joyzee's 250 yard 4i might not have hit cart path, but this one did. And it stopped. Right. Behind. A. Tree.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 3.51.28 PM.png

Only shot was a little bit backwards, downhill, toward a lake. The 188 yard 7i with the ball six inches above my feet was pretty special, though. If the greens had been rolling faster than a 6, that chip would have gotten to the hole and I would have saved par.

If that 4i had been a foot left, it would have missed the path and I'd have had a shot to advance it about 100 yards into the fairway with a legitimate shot at the green.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Didn't.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Oh yeah here is my reward for doing fast math20180727_155745.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Wow I have to send a huge thank you to Puma and MyGolfSpy this is an amazing gift perfect combo for my next round on the course. Sorry one of the twins was as excited as I was to open it!20180727_160120.jpeg20180727_160128.jpeg20180727_160247.jpeg

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Oh yeah here is my reward for doing fast mathattachicon.gif20180727_155745.jpeg

Using your fingers and toes to count does have it's perks!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Using your fingers and toes to count does have it's perks!

Haha no doubt

Bryson DeChambeau

Wow I have to send a huge thank you to Puma and MyGolfSpy this is an amazing gift perfect combo for my next round on the course. Sorry one of the twins was as excited as I was to open it!attachicon.gif20180727_160120.jpegattachicon.gif20180727_160128.jpegattachicon.gif20180727_160247.jpeg

Dang I need that hat. 

Joyzee's 250 yard 4i might not have hit cart path, but this one did. And it stopped. Right. Behind. A. Tree.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-27 at 3.51.28 PM.png

Only shot was a little bit backwards, downhill, toward a lake. The 188 yard 7i with the ball six inches above my feet was pretty special, though. If the greens had been rolling faster than a 6, that chip would have gotten to the hole and I would have saved par.

If that 4i had been a foot left, it would have missed the path and I'd have had a shot to advance it about 100 yards into the fairway with a legitimate shot at the green.

Umm yeah, The more impressive part about that pic is definitely the 190 yd 7 iron bee lining for the green...jeezzz..190 yard...7 iron... :blink:

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Dang I need that hat. 

Umm yeah, The more impressive part about that pic is definitely the 190 yd 7 iron bee lining for the green...jeezzz..190 yard...7 iron... :blink:

I need the hat and​ a 190 yard 7 iron

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I couldn't agree more 190 yard 7 iron whoa

Bryson DeChambeau

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-07-27 at 3.51.28 PM.png

Seriously though did you pull a 7 iron to lay up to a known wedge distance or is that actually your 185-195 club now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

#cobraconnect19

All, my review of the F8 One Length Irons...

F8 One Length Irons – I had great expectations, but did they deliver?  Read on and find out. 

I fit the demographics for the F8 one length irons.  Per Cobra, the target golfers are “5 to 25 handicap golfers with moderate to higher swing speeds seeking a more forgiving distance iron with enhanced feel.  Who doesn't want more forgiving distance irons with a good feel to them?  Just a reminder, I'm a 16.8 handicap who on days have a consistent swing, but more recently, a swing that seems to be in flux.  I was excited to get them on the course.  I imagined me hitting irons a club or two longer and having flip wedges into greens – sticking them close. But first, let's talk about the technology Cobra has packed into these irons…

With the one length F8 irons, Cobra stated they had created “the industry's first electronically enabled set of one length irons…[with] every iron designed to match [the] 7-iron length and clubhead weighting.”  They also engineered the F8 one length using progressive clubhead construction, flighted shaft technologies to deliver improved trajectory and feel through the set.

The one length theory of eliminating variances in your swing like foot positioning relative to the iron you are hitting, spine angle and ball position will simplify your game. With Cobra's F8 One length, foot position, spine angle and ball position are supposed to be the exact same, playing all irons as if you were hitting a 7 iron all the time.  Cobra also touts, via Arccos, better distance gapping by the One length long irons because it provides confidence at address, more consistent ball striking and carry distance. Cobra also states that confidence transpires into tighter shot dispersions because that repeatable swing is shared between the long irons and short irons...resulting in more greens in regulations, tighter approach shots and more birdie opportunities.

What is the technology behind Cobra's F8 irons ?

Cobra uses a patented E9 technology and an all new forged PWRSHELL face construction to deliver driver like speed and distance.  The face is 20% thinner and 14% lighter.  Cobra uses multi-material carbon fiber construction to dampen vibrations at impact for exception sound and feel and designed the F8 with a lower profile clubhead that lowers the center of gravity for higher launch and more clubhead speed.  Additionally, the 4 iron – 7 iron uses a hollow construction with a low center of gravity, the 8 iron – pitching wedge uses a cavity back design with a mid-center of gravity  and the gap wedge – lob wedge uses a specialty design resulting in a high center of gravity.  All faces of the irons are CNC milled to deliver a more precise groove structure and optimum spin and trajectory characteristics for long, mid and scoring irons.

So with all this technology, I should be hitting every fairway, all the greens and be at least a two clubs longer right?  Well, I hate to pop the bubble, but a bad swing on this club is still a bad swing and no amount of technology is going to fix that.  There is some forgiveness though.  A few shots that I hit a bit off center tend to still get out there more so that I thought they would.  I really thought I would get some crazy distances with the F8 one lengths, especially with the short irons, but I just didn't.  Distances were comparable to the previous gamers I had.  Some clubs were longer with the F8's some were shorter.  I always enjoyed hitting the long irons but I just haven't hit the long irons very well with the F8's, especially the 4 iron, as consistent as I did my previous 4 iron.  While I know that the weighting is supposed to be constant, the 4 iron just feels like it has a heavier swing weight than the other irons and it really throws my already inconsistent swing off even more.  I'll take it to a local shop to see if my hunch is correct.  The irons do have a decent feel to them.  No as soft as my previous set, but not harsh like I've experienced in cast clubs.  I really want to like these clubs – with the one length, I thought I'd have more of an adjustment period to them, but I found they were easy to use right off the bat.  It's only been the 4 iron that seems to be off in the set.  Would these earn a permanent spot in my bag?  At the moment, no, but we have a few more months of play so there's still time for the F8 one lengths to impress me.

The distances I got from each iron from my previous set

Arccos Previous Set Distances.jpg

The distances I got from the F8 One Length Set

Arccos F8 One Length Distances.jpg

Distances from the league round I played with the F8 One Lengths

Arccos F8 Distances from this past round.jpg

This week's challenge Greens In Regulation:

Yep, I sucked the wind on this one 3/9 hit:

Arccos Greens Hit.jpg

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

attachicon.gifArccos Previous Set Distances.jpg

attachicon.gifArccos F8 One Length Distances.jpg

It looks like your gapping is a lot more consistent with the F8s but yeah there's definitely some distance drops. How's the dispersion comparison to your old irons?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

All, my review of the F8 One Length Irons...

F8 One Length Irons – I had great expectations, but did they deliver? Read on and find out.

I fit the demographics for the F8 one length irons. Per Cobra, the target golfers are “5 to 25 handicap golfers with moderate to higher swing speeds seeking a more forgiving distance iron with enhanced feel. Who doesn't want more forgiving distance irons with a good feel to them? Just a reminder, I'm a 16.8 handicap who on days have a consistent swing, but more recently, a swing that seems to be in flux. I was excited to get them on the course. I imagined me hitting irons a club or two longer and having flip wedges into greens – sticking them close. But first, let's talk about the technology Cobra has packed into these irons…

With the one length F8 irons, Cobra stated they had created “the industry's first electronically enabled set of one length irons…[with] every iron designed to match [the] 7-iron length and clubhead weighting.” They also engineered the F8 one length using progressive clubhead construction, flighted shaft technologies to deliver improved trajectory and feel through the set.

The one length theory of eliminating variances in your swing like foot positioning relative to the iron you are hitting, spine angle and ball position will simplify your game. With Cobra's F8 One length, foot position, spine angle and ball position are supposed to be the exact same, playing all irons as if you were hitting a 7 iron all the time. Cobra also touts, via Arccos, better distance gapping by the One length long irons because it provides confidence at address, more consistent ball striking and carry distance. Cobra also states that confidence transpires into tighter shot dispersions because that repeatable swing is shared between the long irons and short irons...resulting in more greens in regulations, tighter approach shots and more birdie opportunities.

What is the technology behind Cobra's F8 irons ?

Cobra uses a patented E9 technology and an all new forged PWRSHELL face construction to deliver driver like speed and distance. The face is 20% thinner and 14% lighter. Cobra uses multi-material carbon fiber construction to dampen vibrations at impact for exception sound and feel and designed the F8 with a lower profile clubhead that lowers the center of gravity for higher launch and more clubhead speed. Additionally, the 4 iron – 7 iron uses a hollow construction with a low center of gravity, the 8 iron – pitching wedge uses a cavity back design with a mid-center of gravity and the gap wedge – lob wedge uses a specialty design resulting in a high center of gravity. All faces of the irons are CNC milled to deliver a more precise groove structure and optimum spin and trajectory characteristics for long, mid and scoring irons.

So with all this technology, I should be hitting every fairway, all the greens and be at least a two clubs longer right? Well, I hate to pop the bubble, but a bad swing on this club is still a bad swing and no amount of technology is going to fix that. There is some forgiveness though. A few shots that I hit a bit off center tend to still get out there more so that I thought they would. I really thought I would get some crazy distances with the F8 one lengths, especially with the short irons, but I just didn't. Distances were comparable to the previous gamers I had. Some clubs were longer with the F8's some were shorter. I always enjoyed hitting the long irons but I just haven't hit the long irons very well with the F8's, especially the 4 iron, as consistent as I did my previous 4 iron. While I know that the weighting is supposed to be constant, the 4 iron just feels like it has a heavier swing weight than the other irons and it really throws my already inconsistent swing off even more. I'll take it to a local shop to see if my hunch is correct. The irons do have a decent feel to them. No as soft as my previous set, but not harsh like I've experienced in cast clubs. I really want to like these clubs – with the one length, I thought I'd have more of an adjustment period to them, but I found they were easy to use right off the bat. It's only been the 4 iron that seems to be off in the set. Would these earn a permanent spot in my bag? At the moment, no, but we have a few more months of play so there's still time for the F8 one lengths to impress me.

attachicon.gifArccos Previous Set Distances.jpg

attachicon.gifArccos F8 One Length Distances.jpg

Distances from the league round I played with the F8 One Lengths

attachicon.gifArccos F8 Distances from this past round.jpg

This week's challenge Greens In Regulation:

Yep, I sucked the wind on this one 3/9 hit:

attachicon.gifArccos Greens Hit.jpg

MDGolfHacker

I know these aren't the results you wanted but i appreciate the fact that you chose to go the one length route. I hit the F7 one lenght on a launch monitor here in town and i had trouble with them as well. The pro there told me that even thought hey are one length you still need to get fit maybe each needs to be the 8 iron length instead of 7 you never know. I bet the adjustment period is longer than normal also. Dont give up on it maybe if it's not cheating can you get a lesson maybe a pro can help with the adjustment. I love the idea of one swing no matter the club and I am pulling for you in this competition.

Bryson DeChambeau

Nice shirt and hat, GG.

I need one that matches my Pineapple P hat

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It's almost Sunday cant wait to see the results

Bryson DeChambeau

fozcycle is on fire. 

Don't screw with the deacon!

I remember a 37/48 that I shot at Merrimack in the early 80s. To break fifty on the back, I had to play a nice recovery shot from the back seat of a Lincoln convertible in the parking lot. 

I may have mentioned it in a another thread.

I'll never see another 3rd place, foz.    Way to Go!

With 3 doubles on the backside, I had to finish strong, so I was on in 2 and lipped out my birdie putt for par.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Question to the group I demoed the 3 wood and hit really good are yall seeing increased distance accuracy or both with Driver fairway woods and hybrids?

Bryson DeChambeau

From Cobra on the King F8 Irons...

* WHAT IT IS

The industry's first electronically enabled combo set features 6 irons and 1 hybrid. Innovative iron and hybrid constructions work in unison with COBRA CONNECT Technology to deliver exceptional performance while tracking your distance, accuracy and improvements round to round.

* WHO IT'S FOR

5 to 25 handicap golfers with moderate to higher swing speeds seeking an all-in-one, easy-to-hit combo set that delivers high launch paired with maximum distance and forgiveness.

* WHY WE MADE IT

A faster PWRSHELL face design is paired with 100% carbon fiber medallions to deliver the ultimate fusion of distance and a soft, yet solid feel not typically found in a distance iron. The low CG design of the KING F8 hybrid delivers more speed and forgiveness, making it the perfect substitute for long irons in the set.

IMG_0420.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Super pumped up! attachicon.gif20180727_160647.jpegattachicon.gif20180727_160643.jpeg

HAHA this kills me!

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Hey all, I am still working on the irons review. Will post that most likely in the morning :)

But, in the meantime, here are my challenge stats:

20/36 GIR giving me a 55.55555556% strike rate. Could have been a little better. Missed a few by only a few feet etc. Also, the par 3's were a challenge as 3/4 played over 200 yds. Still, I played some great golf and am very happy with the number.

cg36.JPG

cg37.JPG

cg38.JPG

Previous WITB:

Instagram - @joyzee1010

Nice route joyzee!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Alright guys.. here we go.. this weeks entry round..  shot an 80 this morning.. and difficult tree lined course.. Played much better this morning.. Still driving the ball longer than ever.. had a few run through the fairway so it doesn't look as good but much more undulations in the fairway... 

Blueheron.PNG

Blue Heron scorecard.PNG

snohomish7292.PNG

snohomish729.PNG

Had another Huge Drive this time kissing 293, on 10... BOOOM.. 

8 for 18 both rounds in GIR. 

2/10 and 6/9 on chipping.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

729stats.PNG

AS you can see trending in a good way.. Love the clubs.. playing better than ever... 

**** These are the stats since I started using just the Cobra F8 clubs.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.