Approach Shots

Shankster

When do you guys go flag hunting?

Have to be a perfect location?

Or what is your bullseye target zone?

I've been putting together some notes in a little book to carry with me, to stop me from making mistakes. Like going for par 5's in 2, when I can lay up to my go zone and have a shorter putt.

I rarely play away from the flag at any distance, because I'd rather wedge out from the rough than hit a 50' putt.

Maybe when my putting gets better I'll play a bit more tactically, but right now it's knocking doors down with the battering wedges.

I will go flag hunting any time the pin isn't tucked behind a biker or on the edge. If it is on the edge I will play about 10 feet left or right. If it is tucked behind a bunker I either go pin high left or right or I try to land it 20 feet past the pin.

I really should be less aggressive. I always go for the Par 5 greens that I can reach in two unless there is water in play.

I can always chip it closed than I can wedge it.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Probably more often than I should.   Been hitting a draw lately so I may aim at a right pin but the expectation is that it will draw to the middle at the worst.  Anything middle to left I am trying to work the ball into that pin location. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Flag hunting??  I always go green hunting.  

I'm just happy to hit the green, because I can almost always 2-putt, and a lucky shot might get me close enough to one-putt.  Most of my approaches are with long clubs except for a few of our shorter holes.  All of my short iron shots are low to mid, and never full with SW or LW; just a habit playing the wind we typically have.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have to be a perfect location?

Or what is your bullseye target zone?

I've been putting together some notes in a little book to carry with me, to stop me from making mistakes. Like going for par 5's in 2, when I can lay up to my go zone and have a shorter putt.

I rarely play away from the flag at any distance, because I'd rather wedge out from the rough than hit a 50' putt.

Maybe when my putting gets better I'll play a bit more tactically, but right now it's knocking doors down with the battering wedges.

Flag in the middle of the green - always.

Flag on the left of the green - depends upon the trouble to the left. If I feel like I'm even money to get up and down, I'll go for it.

Like Cnosil, I can aim at a right hand pin, because I know it should draw back to the middle of the green.

Sent from my SM-T550 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

If I know the course I aim at the point from where I would like to putt but also with respect to where I do not want to be if I miss. If I don't know the course I just hit away from the trouble as close to the middle of the green as possible. I'm pretty confidant in my ability to two putt from most distances. Unfortunately that's kind of my problem as well because I two point from most distances :(

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Archived