Titan107

Looking for New Bag

Our Sponsors

I have spent the last few cold days researching golf bags and would like some Spys' thoughts.  I currently use a Titleist cart bag. I like the bag but wish it had legs for range and putting greens for practice sessions.  I am considering the Sun Mountain 5.5 LS or the Ping Hoofer.  It is important that 1)  the bag fits a Clicgear 3.5+ well 2) has less than 14 way divider 3) ample storage.  I split time between pushing my Clicgear (70 rounds walked and 40 rounds riding) last year so I don't carry.  Does anybody have any experience on how either of the bag I mentioned (SM or Ping) fit on a Clicgear? Have any others you feel are better options than these?  Thanks for any input and comments. 

I have this exact bag. The 3.5 LS.

https://shop.sunmountain.com/3-5-ls-bag-detail?related_id=22725

Bought it last november and it's been a winner for me. Mine is the red, wht, blue model with the American flag patch. I'm sorry I can't add information regarding your ClicGear cart. I have used mine on an older model SM Speed cart and it's fine. I'd suggest you visit a local retailer and take your cart possible and see if they have the bag you like and if it sits on your cart properly. Titleist has some new bags I recently saw that looked nice also.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am pretty much exactly like you in that when I walk I have a clicgear and sometimes I ride. I have a Sun Mountain 3.5 LS and it is an absolutely fantastic bag.  However, like most stand bags, it isn't the greatest on push carts.  I ended up buying a separate bag (Sun Mountain Sync) to actually use when I am playing  (push cart and riding cart) and I use the Sun Mountain 3.5LS for when I am practicing or going to the range.

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* LST VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

Ping hoofer/hoofer lite, titleist 4 or 5 way, taylormade flextech and sun mountain 3.5

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I played for years with a Sun Mountain 4.5 and clickgear 2.0 cart. The Cart is great and I love the bag but they are not a good match. I also have a C-130 which is much better on the cart so the Sync or C-130s would be a better combo.

Check out the new Titleist Hybrid 5.   Has legs that retract fully and allow the bag to stand flat in a cart.  Seems to have a fair amount of compartments.  

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I have spent the last few cold days researching golf bags and would like some Spys' thoughts.  I currently use a Titleist cart bag. I like the bag but wish it had legs for range and putting greens for practice sessions.  I am considering the Sun Mountain 5.5 LS or the Ping Hoofer.  It is important that 1)  the bag fits a Clicgear 3.5+ well 2) has less than 14 way divider 3) ample storage.  I split time between pushing my Clicgear (70 rounds walked and 40 rounds riding) last year so I don't carry.  Does anybody have any experience on how either of the bag I mentioned (SM or Ping) fit on a Clicgear? Have any others you feel are better options than these?  Thanks for any input and comments. 

I had a terrible experience with my Sun Mountain XCR (cross cart range) staying put in a riding cart because of the kickstand/lever that activates the legs. I won’t buy another stand/hybrid bag again that doesn’t have an integrated kick-stand, or built into the base. It also had a tendency to slide down onto the front wheel of my Clicgear. It’s not the model you’re talking about, but I still wouldn’t buy a bag that has an exterior kickstand.

Big Max bags look great! Take a look at those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Thanks for the responses.  I appreciate the input.  I'm going to continue looking and try to find one that works with my Clicgear. I'll continue to look for any responses and would love to hear from someone that has had experience with the SM 5.5 LS on the Clicgear--good or bad.  Thanks again.

Ping pioneer or the cobra carry bag. Both great bags and yes I have both. 

Another one to look at might be the Sun Mountain C130S, which might fit better on the Clicgear but also is a stand bag. It is a 14 way divider. Others have  mentioned some solid bags. I have a Clicgear 4.5 and a SM 3.5. It fits ok but isn't great. There is an additional attachment that you can get for Clicgears so certain bags fit better, but I don't have any experience using it.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Thanks for the comments Spys.  I have thought about the SM C130S as I think that would be exactly the bag I would like but the 14 way top is just a deal breaker for me.  It seems as though I'm in the minority now but I just can't make myself like them.  I had a SM C-130 a couple of years ago and loved the bag but just hated the 14 dividers.  I spent too much time looking for the empty spot and trying to get the club in it.

After looking a the responses, I have looked at the Titleist Hybrid 5 (on line)  and really like the looks of it.  So I'm now looking at it and the Ping Hoofer really hard.  Anybody have any experience with either of these on a Clicgear 3.5+? 

If I were you, I would check out the Cobra bags......the cart bag i got last year is def my fav.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

file-A11A9ED7-6693-461F-99F1-B3365B49F7F7-15629-00000A9F101ED166.jpg

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Thanks for the comments.  The Sun Mountain C-130s would be mine if it didn't have the 14 dividers.  Those things frustrate me trying to find the slot.  I had a C-130 cart bag that was practically brand new as I used it a few times and just gave up on it.  I gave it to the local youth golf program.  I would welcome any comments if anyone has any experience with the Titleist Hybrid 5.  I have almost pulled the trigger a few times on it but hesitate as I don't know anyone that has one.  I may just pull the trigger on it and get the accessory for the clicgear cart if it doesn't work.  Any experience with the Titleist Hybrid 5 anybody?   

I like my Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag.  It's not perfect but it's easy to carry to the range, fits my SM pushcart, and sits nicely on a riding cart. It sits on the ground similar to the Ping Hoofer.  I've had it for a couple of years; original Nexus, but the Nexus 3 looks good too.  I'd buy again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great read through this topic. I think I need (okay want) a new bag this year and am looking into the hybrid stand/cart bag sector. I generally use a push cart, but like having the option to carry if I want to. And the convenience of a stand bag at the range can not be beat. I was looking at the sun mountain 4.5 14 but I will have to look at the titleist too as was suggested. Anybody else have any good hybrid bags they would recommend for a push cart?

• Like 1

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I have an OGIO Silencer, it's a nice bag, but sometimes struggle to get the club pushed all the way down into the slot. It's lite, but I mostly ride or walk on occasion, I don't have a push cart...yet

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

Just found the solution to all of your problems.
IMG_3033.JPG

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:Snell: MTB-X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

On 2/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, Titan107 said:

Thanks for the comments.  The Sun Mountain C-130s would be mine if it didn't have the 14 dividers.  Those things frustrate me trying to find the slot.  I had a C-130 cart bag that was practically brand new as I used it a few times and just gave up on it.  I gave it to the local youth golf program.  I would welcome any comments if anyone has any experience with the Titleist Hybrid 5.  I have almost pulled the trigger a few times on it but hesitate as I don't know anyone that has one.  I may just pull the trigger on it and get the accessory for the clicgear cart if it doesn't work.  Any experience with the Titleist Hybrid 5 anybody?   

Sun Mountain makes a 5 way C-130.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:02 AM, M. Parsons said:

Just found the solution to all of your problems.
IMG_3033.JPG

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but to be honest I think that thing is completely hideous. Reading the MGS stand bag test it sounds like the sun mountain LS 4.5 and the Titleist hybrid are both good options. Anybody have any experience with those?

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X