Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Vice Golf Ball Ordering Tip

TR1PTIK

Maybe some of you guys already know this, but it was new information for me so I thought I'd share.

I plan on going back to the Vice Pro once my current stock of Snell MTB Blacks runs out. I'm interested in trying the neon red color to help me track the ball in the air better. However, I'm worried about how the ball will look next to the club face - particularly the putter - as colored balls tend to look a little bigger to my eye which just doesn't sit very well with me. I thought maybe I could just buy 3 dozen white and 2 dozen red... If you read their FAQ's page, you'll see that they don't let you order different models of golf ball, but seeing as the only difference between Pro and Pro Neon Red is color I decided to reach out to customer service. 

Vice CS told me that while the website doesn't allow for ordering of different colors within the same ball model, you can call and place such an order and keep the multi-dozen discount! You still can't mix and match models for the discount, but within the same line it is possible to order a variety of colors and see what you like best.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Out of curiosity, why the switch from Snell to Vice? I’m doing the opposite this season based upon so many positive reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

11 hours ago, bens197 said:

Out of curiosity, why the switch from Snell to Vice? I’m doing the opposite this season based upon so many positive reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I just don't like the feel of the Snell as much. It's a great ball and performs well - the finish on it is better too - but I just prefer the feel of the Vice. To me the Vice feels similar to the Nike 20XI golf balls from several years ago which I prefer. The Snell feels a little closer to the Pro V1 - it has a more substantial feel at impact IMO. It's not that the Snell feels hard to me... I guess it just feels like it has a little more weight to it or something IDK. Anyway, I've seen enough reviews and comparisons to know the Vice performs similarly to all of the other Pro V1 competitors (like Snell) so I've decided to go back to it. Snell makes a terrific ball and it's well worth trying so don't worry about losing performance. For me the difference comes down to sound and feel and I prefer the Vice.

I just don't like the feel of the Snell as much. It's a great ball and performs well - the finish on it is better too - but I just prefer the feel of the Vice. To me the Vice feels similar to the Nike 20XI golf balls from several years ago which I prefer. The Snell feels a little closer to the Pro V1 - it has a more substantial feel at impact IMO. It's not that the Snell feels hard to me... I guess it just feels like it has a little more weight to it or something IDK. Anyway, I've seen enough reviews and comparisons to know the Vice performs similarly to all of the other Pro V1 competitors (like Snell) so I've decided to go back to it. Snell makes a terrific ball and it's well worth trying so don't worry about losing performance. For me the difference comes down to sound and feel and I prefer the Vice.

Makes perfect sense to me. I guess I won’t know until I try them and if it doesn’t work I’m sure I can offload them. Thanks
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

40 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Makes perfect sense to me. I guess I won’t know until I try them and if it doesn’t work I’m sure I can offload them. Thanks emoji4.png

Exactly. That was the very reason I wanted to try Snell. You don't know until you know.

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Just one hour ago Vice announced a pending update to their website that will allow customers to mix and match ball colors AND ball models for the multi-dozen discount!!! 

vice.jpg.8a61bdade8212f93dd9b3a2419c192d3.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just did this for the Pro+. We'll I actually submitted my order through the website. I just added 2 dozen pro+ white, 2 dozen lime and 1 dozen red to my cart. I got the multiple discount.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M3 440cc 9* 45.25" Diamana D+ 70 x-flex

3w - Taylormade RBZ stage 2 tour 14.5* Fujikura 70 s-flex std length

Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 850 s-flex std length. 

Irons: Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-PW. Project X 6.5 flighted shafts ⅜" gapping. 39.25" 5 iron 2* upright

Wedges- Titlist Vokey SM6 51*, 55*, 59* 2* upright

Putter - Machine M10 adjuster, no sight line. 35.5"

Archived